• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

•Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

Status
Not open for further replies.

edonub

Banette 3/3 bottom, the only high stat is its attack which doesn't matter as its physical movepool suck with the strongest move being STAB shadow claw. It's just plain bad, both slow and frail.

Zoroark - Top
Availability - midgame (Driftveil City)
Notable Moves - Dark Pulse/Night Daze, Nasty Plot, Hidden Power Fighting, Flamethrower, Return, Grass Knot, U-Turn, Night Slash, Focus Blast, Low Kick
Stats - Awesome Special Attack, very high Attack and Speed, frail on both defenses and HP.

- Description -
N's Zorua comes with a lot of advantages and it has definitely improved since B/W for a lot of reasons. Its unique ability, Illusion, can let you fool the AI very easily, it has the stats and movepool of an excellent sweeper as well.

+ Always comes with near perfect IVs (all 30s) and an useful Nature for a mixed sweeper (Hasty = +Speed, -Def), meaning you will always end up with a solid poke without any effort
+ the original trainer is N, meaning this is considered a traded pokemon. Faster growth.
+ All 30 IVs means max powered Hidden Power Fighting, making this move highly recommended for almost perfect coverage with a Dark type STAB. If you really can't bother with PWT, Focus Blast and Low Kick are both vaild alternatives.
+ If running a Nasty Plot set, it's very easy to setup with it thanks to Illusion. If your opponent sees a Psychic weak poke it will spam Psychic type moves doing nothing to you and allowing multiple boosts. Illusion in general is awesome for screwing up with the enemy AI.
+ Not many moves, but they're just the right ones. Dark move/Fighting move/Flamethrower/Filler grants very wide coverage and a lot of super-effective hits
+ Instantly gets a special STAB thanks to the Snarl TM, comes 5 levels from being evolved so it will hardly be a burden as Zorua
- Very frail. Requires some thinking with Illusion to be used properly
- Not very useful against Team Plasma and the E4 Champion (does well against anything else though)

EDIT:
+ It comes with max happiness as well, so Return is a solid option from the beginning

Last edited:

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
I'm going to say High for Zoroark tbh. The above mentioned fraility really cuts down on reliability. Even NVE hits still manage to deal skme amount of damage to it. Plus, it only has STAB to work with for quite a while iirc (correct me if i'm wrong in this regard)

Edit : [3/3] Top, full powered Return and Snarl does it great.

Last edited:

edonub

You get a full powered Return right off the bat, then you can learn U-Turn with a Heart Scale once it evolves at level 30, as well as Low Kick at the Tutor in Driftveil.
The thing is, its frailty is almost entirely compensated by the AI's lack of "intelligence". Put a poison type last in your teamslot, and it's granted you won't get hit by bug/fighting types, and so on. Not to mention Psychic type moves... I went to +4 Sp. att against Chauntal's cofagrigus as it tried to psychic me twice, then swept the rest of the team. Very high IVs are a huge plus as well.
That's what I noticed anyway, it's very fun to use but not gimmicky because Illusion actually works and 105/120/105 are very good offensive stats to back the ability up.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
i would say high due to the fact that its most useful special moves are late-game and it's quite restricted at first, but then i noticed that it has a base atk of 105 as opposed to 85 which i originally thought it was for some reason, so that compensates it slightly. it's got so much otherwise going for it... the frailty is a problem though if you're not in just the right circumstances to pull of illusion abuse. it's all well and good having a poison type to soak up nve psychic attacks and all that but it's the neutral hits that are bothering me. i'm cringing just thinking of this thing trying to take on anything which can hit neutral and hit hard.

...but then i keep coming back to how it's got a great nature, great ivs, and boosted exp behind it. basically it's late movepool and fragility vs ease of training and instant advantages over other pokémon.

edit: just saw that it gets snarl and a full-power return quickly. that's good enough for me. top [1/3].

Aurath8

I'm going to [2/3] Zoroark for Top. It is very frail and has a lot of trouble taking neutral attacks. You can fool the AI with Illusion, but its effectiveness varies depending on your team's synergy, so this is anywhere for from near useless to an excellent ability. Apart from the E4 its also fairly average in major battles.
On the other hand, it is ridiculously convenient to raise. You get a good Nature, IVs, full power Return and a decent STAB in Snarl immediately, boosted exp, early evolution and even its Hidden Power is Fighting. It would be hard to make a more attractive offer than that unless it had a unique move like Aura Sphere and they gave it to you after Cheren.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I thought it was 1/3 since the person who did the review doesn't count as a vote?

Aurath8

I thought it was 1/3 since the person who did the review doesn't count as a vote?

Noctourniquet also approved the tiering, so mine made it 2/3.

Umbreon - Bottom Tier
Availability - Early-Mid (Castelia City)
Notable Moves - Payback, Toxic, Moonlight, Heal Bell
Stats - Good HP, Great defence and excellent Spdef, low offences and speed.

- Description -

+95/110/130 defences are amongst the best mixed defences in the game.
-Has negative offensive presence.
-Relies on Toxic+Moonlight and its great defences to do damage.
-Until you get Toxic it will really Struggle to do anything without multiple Screeches.
-Cannot touch Steels or even most Poison types, because of its reliance on Toxic.

True, those defences look great initially, and its backed up by Moonlight at lvl 33. But, considering Umbreon can't do any substantial damage for much of the game and is very inefficient when it does gain the ability in the form of Toxic, and that Umbreon is still useless against Poison-immune pokemon,*deep breath* I think its worthy of Bottom.

Last edited:

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
[1/3] Bottom Umbreon. It could potentially be Low if it got Curse. It doesn't so.. The fact that Foul Play will more often than not deal more damage that Dark Pulse is pretty sad.*

On the topic of traded Pokemon and HP, should HP be added to the other traded Pokemon? Asking this mostly because traded Lilligant can now hit Steels who otherwise wall it.*

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
It does get Curse mate.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
For Zoroark, wouldn't it be good for Shauntal and Caitlin (sans Reuniclus)?

edonub

I specified that Zoroark can setup on anything that has a Psychic type move in its moveset. Just disguise it as a psychic-weak poke.
Chauntal's cofagrigus: give it a Rawst Berry if you care about burning, Nasty plot as much as you want since all it has to hurt you is Psychic and Shadow Ball, sweep the team.
Caitlin's Musharna: give it Chesto Berry to counter Yawn (or just wake it up manually), NP as much as you want, sweep the team. Heck you can sweep even Grimsley with HP Fighting, considering how weak Liepard is.
The thing is, except for Marshall which has strong pokes overall and a Sturdy Sawk, all the Elite 4 starts with setup fodders.

As for Umbreon, Curse is an egg move. This is ingame, and you have to wait until after you beat the champion to even be able to breed.
I [2/3] for bottom. Zero offensive presence is not tolerable ingame

About Liligant, specs on the traded one are:
Own Tempo
Timid nature
IVs are all 20, except SpA (31)
40 base power HP ground

This should be pretty reliable as I slapped my save file into pokegen to check its stats without error.
40 power HP ground is kind of weak. Resisted Petal Dance does more damage.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Zoroark top [3/3] this is an example of an above average pokemon usually heading for HIGH boosted by its availability.

Umbreon [3/3] for bottom. Just nope.

Aurath8

Basculin - Lower-Middle Tier
Availability - Midgame (Route 6)
Notable Moves - Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Waterfall, Crunch, Superpower, Ice Beam, Return
Stats - Good attack and speed, low defences and HP

- Description -

+Gets x2 STAB with Adaptability.
+Gets Aqua Tail, Crunch and Aqua Jet immediately/very soon after capture.
-While its Water moves are strong, its coverage moves are much weaker by comparison.
-Generally lacking stats, particularly its defences, prevent it from really excelling in battle.

Yeah, Basculin doesn't have any crippling cons or great pros. Gamefreak really went out of their way to make such an incredibly, fantastically, undeniably average pokemon. It's really quite uncanny.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
[1/3] Lower Tier Basculin. It's pretty much outclassed by every other Water Type available in BW2. Return could be another notable move though.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
low-mid [1/3] basculin gets 2* aqua jet and aqua tail, just average really.

I'm still butthurt that a starter - serperior is low-mid that really doesn't make sense to me.

edonub

I'm okay with Lower Middle simply because of Adaptability boosted Water STAB. Crunch+Superpower give perfect coverage as well. [1/3] or [2/3] (dunno what Aura Sensai means by "lower tier", if low or lower-middle)

Guess what, MORE FISH!

Alomomola - Bottom
Availability - midgame (any dark spot in the sea after you get Surf in route 6)
Notable Moves - Waterfall, Wake-Up Slap, Return, Bounce, Protect, Wish, Toxic, Soak
Stats - Massive HP, good Defense, mediocre Attack and Speed, terrible Special Attack and Defense

- Description -
With its great HP stat backed by a decent typing and okay defense, it can effectively tank most physical hits. Sadly, "Walls" ain't that great ingame, specialized ones in particulars (its special bulk is horrible). Makes for pretty much the only viable user of Soak, but lacks any Grass or Electric move to score cheap SE hits... It's pretty much a water type Audino, with a movepool oriented mostly on support. It's actually an awesome Toxic staller, except stalling is boring as hell ingame.

+ Huge HP turns it into a fantastic Wish user (if you don't like spamming items in battle). It also gets Protect via level up (no PWT farming needed). Yay gimmicks
+ Soak can let you use Toxic on anything, including Steel and Poison types. YAY GIMMICKS
+ Wish, Protect, Toxic and Waterfall/Dive (post elite4) makes for a pretty solid tank/support set.
- Pure tanking and toxic stalling is a long and tedious way of winning a battle, and it's pretty much anything this poke's got.
- Poor coverage moves do not redeem its mediocre Attack stat in any way.
- Cannot take special hits. Carrying a pure wall in your team is already a burden ingame, but a pure PHYSICAL wall? Even worse.

Aurath8

lolAlomomolalol for Bottom [1/3]. Walls aren't really suited for ingame.

Garbodor - Bottom Tier
Availability - Midgame (Route 4 B2, Route 5/16 W2)
Notable Moves - Gunk Shot, Return, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb
Stats - Good attack, average defences and speed, low Special atk

- Description -

+Can get STAB Gunk Shot as early as Driftveil City thanks to Move tutors.
-Must rely on an inaccurate move as it doesn't learn Poison Jab.
-Requires heavy shard investment to get much of its moves.
-Really lags behind in the early 30s before it evolves into Garbodor and gets Drain Punch.
-Doesn't get Drain Punch until Humilau city, forced to rely on the bad coverage Gunk Shot Return and Seed Bomb provide.
-Ugly as sin.

Again, nothing special with Garbodor. He's basically Muk but with worse stats(bar speed) and no elemental punches.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
3/3 Stoutland Upper Middle

3/3 Jellicent Upper Middle

Bronzong - Lower Middle Tier
Availability - EndGame unless you can trade for a Pokemon with Waterfall(Abundant Shrine)
Notable Moves - Sunny Day,Rain Dance,Zen Headbutt,Gyro Ball,Iron Head,Rock Slide,Hypnosis,Light Screen,Reflect,Iron Defense,Toxic
Stats - Great Defense and Sp.Defense,Average Attack and Sp.Attack,Below Average HP and terrible Speed

+Great Defensive stats and typing.
+Can Hit hard with Zen Headbutt.Also Gyro Ball+Speed reducing nature+Macho Brace hits hard.Rock Slide provides coverage against Fire types.
+Performs well against Marshal.
+Learns Sunny Day and Rain Dance via Level up to support weather teams.
+Good abilities which negate one of its weakness.
+Can act as an annoyer with moves like Hypnosis,Confuse Ray and
-Found Late in the game.
-Outclassed by Metagross in everything except Sp.Defense.Also outclassed by Ferrothorn in use of Gyro Ball due to its lower speed.
-Not too useful in important battles.
-Bland Attacking Movepool

Beartic - Low Tier
Availability - Mid-Late Game(Route 7 Winter only)
Notable Moves - Icicle Crash,Superpower,Aqua Jet,Rock Slide,Shadow Claw
Stats - High Attacking stats,Low Speed.All other stats are average.

+Useful against the first two gyms it gets to face(i.e.Skyla and Drayden) as well as the Champion.
-Evolves late for a weak Pokemon.Requires constant babying up until then.
-Poor Coverage
-Outclassed by other Ice types available later in the game.
-Low Speed and Average Defenses means it will more often than not be OHKO'ed.
-Ice typing means it will only resist Ice moves.

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
You forgot to include Light Screen, Iron Defense, Toxic, and Reflect for notable moves. I 1/3 Bronzong in lower-middle. It has great defense and decent offense, but in-game, I feel as if offense matters quite a bit more than Defense. Besides, even Bronzong will get worn down with repeated hits.

Last edited:

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
You forgot to include Light Screen, Iron Defense, Toxic, and Reflect for notable moves. I 1/3 Bronzong in lower-middle. It has great defense and decent offense, but in-game, I feel as if offense matters quite a bit more than Defense. Besides, even Bronzong will get worn down with repeated hits.

While what you said is true,I have only mainly included the STAB moves as it can hit hard compared to the other walls out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.