• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

•Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
One thing I noticed is that Electivire should be moved up to atleast Middle. Just like the Magby line, you get it inj the Virbank Complex, it evolves at the same time as Elekid and although takes a while to evolve into Electivire, performs well mid-game and helps out against Skyla and Marlon imo. [1 / 3]

[3 / 3] For Emolga being Bottom, even NVE Moves can OHKO it.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Wow this thread really died, didn't it?

re: Electivire, I'm not sure on it moving up to Middle to be honest. Its late evolutions really hold it back (it's stuck as an Elekid until Lv 30, when many Pokemon are very close reaching their final forms) and unlike Magmar, Electabuzz has a pretty barren moveset during the midgame. That said, I haven't personally used Electivire.

Just a few things with the OP:
- Leech Seed added as a notable move on Lilligant - Leech Seed helps Lilligant to set up more Quiver Dances, in conjunction with Sleep Powder
- Also, Lilligant to be moved below Krookodile since K comes before L in the alphabet
- Floatzel's section (Mid tier) doesn't have any spaces after the punctuation marks which makes it difficult to read
- Fly as a notable move on Braviary, Swanna and Delibird. Swanna has the stats to go mixed so Fly can be used, and on Braviary and Delibird, Fly is far superior in terms of power when compared to Aerial Ace. The opponents in-game very rarely switch; they're not going to switch to a Rock- or Steel-type when you use Fly, and you're not wasting any turns or PP; the only thing you're using up is a few extra seconds, really, so there's no reason to not use Fly imo.

Keima

Female Trainer Lover
ouh? no update? this really helpful for me to choose my Team :D

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Does anyone even proofread the topic text? While this isn't actually an article, it would still be nice to have correct spelling of words and names. This particular part has irritated my eyes:
-Zwewilous is too frail for the Endgame
-Zweillous relies on Dragon Rush for damage, which is reduced to 60% Acc after Hustle
-Zweilous doesn't get the majority of Hydreigon's moves

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Umbreon is certainly not bottom tier. Probably lower middle or maybe low, but Umbreon isn't a burden to train, unlike some of the other pokemon in bottom. It won't be sweeping anytime soon but it also refuses to die.

Aurath8

Umbreon is certainly not bottom tier. Probably lower middle or maybe low, but Umbreon isn't a burden to train, unlike some of the other pokemon in bottom. It won't be sweeping anytime soon but it also refuses to die.

The lack of sweeping is the problem. Being bulky doesn't have as much value in-game because its more about KOing a range of opponents efficiently. 65 attack isn't going to cut it.
It's not so much that its hard to train, because I'm sure with those defences it will win the war of attrition. However, it does so very slowly. Why take 5 turns to KO one guy when you can use something else that'll also KO it in just 2 turns?

edonub

Umbreon doesn't get a decent STAB move, Foul Play/Payback are unreliable ingame. Dark Pulse comes from 60 special attack which is even lower than its attack of 65. As for coverage, you have Iron Tail (eww), Psychic (not the greatest coverage with dark), and no real useful support move. There's plenty of walls that do a much, much better job ingame because they can actually do some damage in the process or get unique moves. Your best bet at damaging stuff is Toxic which comes lategame, and you're forced to abuse healing items or Moonlight.
Competitively speaking, it has a lot of advantages (using Foul Play on an EV trained physical attacker always hurts, you get some useful egg moves like Heal Bell or Wish to stall with protect) but ingame? It's slow, doesn't hurt, lacks coverage and by the time you get Toxic, most bosses will have full restores with them negating your damage within a couple turns unless you can KO them fast enough, which you most likely won't. Not to mention the amount of Steel and Poison types you will face when dealing with team Plasma. It does ok with the psychic and ghost E4, but that can be said for a LOT of pokes.
It could be argued that it's more Low than Bottom, but does it really change anything? D:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I know this Thread has had no activity for a solid month, but I noticed a few things should anyone care.

- tbh Flame Charge should be part of Chandelure's viable Moves. It doesn't hit hard, sure, but it solves the problem with Chandelure's Speed
- I'm nearly positive Gliscor learns Earthquake by Level, and if so, it should be added
- Mienshao would appreciate Aura Sphere. It has usable SpA after all

KillerDraco

- I'm nearly positive Gliscor learns Earthquake by Level, and if so, it should be added

It does not. Both Gligar and Gliscor only learn Earthquake by TM. Ironically the only Ground type attack they learn via level up is Sand Attack.

Aurath8

I know this Thread has had no activity for a solid month, but I noticed a few things should anyone care.

- Mienshao would appreciate Aura Sphere. It has usable SpA after all

Neutral 252 Spatk Aura Sphere does the exact same amount of damage as Neutral 252 Atk Drain punch, but you're unlikely to have 252 Spatk unless you go for a fully special Mienshao (lol).
Also bear in mind that it gets Aura Sphere at level 70, which you won't reach until you approach the E4 rematch levels. It won't see any use in the main game.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
First off, I'd like to apolgize to everyone who worked on this, not updating in well over a month is inexcusable considering this is a community project and all. So, Sorry!

I've editted the OP with all the Tierings that I've managed to find. If you see anything I've missed or would like to be fixed please do tell! I'd prefer minor edits to be sent to me via VM though, no point in clogging the thread with minute errors!

Aura Sensei™

User Title
If we are still actively working on this, I'd like to throw in my two cents on a few Tierings.

I think Sandslash is fine going Middle, [3/3] or whatever amount of votes it has received. He learns SD through level, so he can boost his so-so Attack to amazing stages. Bulldoze is an alright STAB for it, as it compensates for it's low Speed until it learns Earthquake, which iirc is by Level. While it's somewhat lacking in a Physical Movepool, it can live with X-Scissor/Rock Slide/Bulldoze imo.

Drifblim for Lower Middle [1/3], as despite having mediocre Attacking stats, it has a nice selection of attacking options, granting it superb coverage, which means more SE hits, which compensates for his low attacking stats. Two immunities to common Types and 150 Base Hp is nice as well.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I'll [2/3] Drifblim for low mid. Everything that Logan said, plus Charge Beam. He can actually run a SubCharge set that can make problems for things.

Status
Not open for further replies.