• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

›¤˜ Guardians ˜¤‹ .:It begins:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami Ryu

›¤˜ Guardians ˜¤‹ .:It begins:.

Dear [insert your characters name here], I know this may seem strange, and I know it might seem like a big prank. But this isn't. Inside this egg lays a very rare, and powerfull pokemon. Please, do not let it fall into the wrong hands. And please do not abuse it...

… I am not entirely sure where these eggs came from, or when, as by reason, they should be fossilised, but they aren't. I was going to hatch them myself, and raise them up, but I was found out. And the eggs nearly stolen from me.

In fear for my life, as well as the eggs I found, I desperately looked for a way of escape for them atleast.

And I found them in you, and five others.

I don't know how much time I have left... but atleast I can rest asured that these eggs have a chance for survival and hatching...

Sincerly, Professor Crane.

Professor Crane looked over the letters he had written, chewing on his lower lip a little as he carefully folded them, and slipped them into an envelope before placing those inside the packages holding the glass containers that kept the eggs in suspension. ‘It won't be long now, little ones,’ Crane thought kindly as he carefully closed the boxes up and taped them closed before placing ‘Fragile, handle with care/this side up’ stickers on them.

Admiring his work for a moment, he gathered the boxes up and quickly exited a small hotel room he'd been calling home for the last two days.

Though Crane never knew he wasn't going to be returning to the room, like he thought he'd be able too ... or ever seeing another day. Ever.

-
Samantha Donald
-

Sam sighed as she entered the pokemon center of Pewter City. Once more she had tried to take the Brock on, and once again she was defeated. It seemed to be a running joke amongst his lackies untill she reminded them, they hadn't stood a chance against her or her Ninetales.

Ignoring how Rusty ran between her legs and into the center ahead of her, the teenager sighed and headed towards one of the empty tables in the waiting lounge. ‘Five times .. five times I've been defeated. Maybe I wasn't cut out to be a trainer,’ Samantha grumped mentally to herself as she slouched down in a seat.

“Pika pika!” Rusty declared as he leapt onto the other long red seat/couch on the other side of the table, “Pipi pikachu. Chu pika.” He added, waving his arms about. Samantha didn't have to understand what he was saying, to know what he wanted.

“No Rusty.” Sam said as she pulled off her backpack and set it beside her. “You'll end up getting fat and bloated the way you put food away, you little greedy glutton.”

“Piiiikaaachaaaaa,” he wined. Loudly, and started to act weak and starved as he gave Sam the universal puppy eyes with another whined ‘chaaa’.

Samantha rolled her eyes. “Fine. But you're sharing with Angel.”

Rusty whined again, trying to worm his way out of sharing.

“No, Rusty. You're sharing or nothing.”

“Chu.” Rusty muttered and crossed his arms, slouching back into the seat just as the Nurse Joy of the center came to the table.

“Are you miss Samantha?” She inquired sweetly, with eyes as pink as her hair. Samantha glanced to the nurse, nodding her head slightly, and the Joy continued. “Well we recived this package for you earlier, after you left on my cousin's watch.” She told Samantha as she brought the large rectangular box up and set it on the table, flashing the teenager a smile, Nurse Joy walked off to take care of the other trainers and their pokemon's, needs.

Sam quirked an eyebrow slightly as she tilted her head while bringing the package closer to herself. Rusty had hopped onto the table and stood on all fours as he sniffed at the box. Pulling off a tag on the box, Samantha hmmed a little. “Seems I have a family member I didn't know about...” she commented before starting to open the box.

Rusty tilted his head a little, he smelt something ‘pokemon-ish’ from the box, but he wasn't sure what it was exactly, untill Samantha got the box completely open, and let out a low whistle. “Hey, Rusty, look at this! Someone sent me an egg!” Samantha told the Pikachu as she carefully pulled the container holding the egg out of the box. It chilled her hands slightly while emitting soft beeps.

“Chu.” Rusty simply said in responce, an ear twitching as his nose continued to work. Something still seemed off to him though.

Samantha didn't notice her partner's fidgeting as he came closer to the container when she located the letter, opened it and started reading. “... no way.” The bleach blonde muttered, eyes widening a little before narrowing again. She was about to shoo Rusty away and put the container back, thinking this was really a prank when in the background, Sam took note of a news report that had been playing. She only noticed it though, when it mentioned a person.

One Professor Crane.

Her head whipped around and she stared at the tv other trainers had gathered around.

“The body found earlier today in the burned down Hotel Ho-Oh in Celadon has been identified as a Professor Crane, when evidently, his son, Luke Crane, came forward that his father had been visiting someone there.

“And while there has been one tragedy, no one else was killed in the fire that claimed the professors life.

“And in other news: Are Electrode really dangerous or just misunderstood-”

Samantha turned her attention away from the television, and back to the box on the table before her. And then onto the egg Rusty was still sniffing at as he had yet to sense his trainer's distress.

“.... I guess it isn't a joke then, after all.”

-

Alright, the first post should be like this, reciving the package/opening it, and finding out this wasn't a prank.

All those I have accepted, may post now. Those that still have yet to be accepted, you can still join if you edit your sign ups. If that doesn't happen, and Lecish and Flowake are still untaken, two people can take on a second character if they want.

If you have any questions, comments, or whatever, PM me and I'll answer them.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Acrueid felt awfully proud of herself, she had just managed to defeat Koga in the Fuschia city gym, although just barely, and she had to mask her pride with much worry, seeing as Metsubou was injured quite badly in the battle against Koga. Metsubou whined weakly, and Acrueid nodded as she hurried, ignoring the eyes of what seemed to be some shady looking teenaged boys staring at her. She quickly entered the Pokemon Center, and then a change of pace was noticeable, she’s also began to treat the Pokemon Center as a sanctuary for her Pokemon and herself, because she’s always being chased around by random guys; and being the shy person she is, gets afraid of it very easily.
She strolled up to the Nurse Joy on duty, and slowly, yet with a tone of sincerity, which seemed totally out of place, asked, “Do you mind healing my Pokemon?”
Nurse Joy nodded and smiled, before taking Metsubou and Acrueid’s two other Pokeballs, containing Chiisana, her Chimecho, and Kokoro, her Ariados. Acrueid was just about to sit down and relax while waiting, but the healing process had already finished and Nurse Joy was seen holding a brown package, that looked especially plain, except for the lone tag. She said kindly and with a gentle tone, “You are… Acrueid Reiga, correct?” and also tilting her head a little bit sideways in curiosity. Acrueid nodded, and smiled as she took the package, and her two Pokeballs. Metsubou could be seen leaping down in excitement as he ran to one of the red sofas where there was a white glass table.
Acrueid thanked Nurse Joy and sat herself and Metsubou down before placing the package in front of her. Metsubou began to growl something, “Ess, espeeee.” He was pointing his head at the package, so it didn’t take long before Acrueid nodded, smiled and began to open the package, not noticing who had sent it. Acrueid face-faulted and realized, that she forgot to see the tag. So that was what she did, and mumbled to herself, ”Who… sent me this?”
She ignored it and continued to open the package, and soon enough, she saw a glass container keeping an egg in suspension and an envelope containing a letter. Acrueid glared at the envelope, took it and opened it, before reading the letter. “This is too good to be true. This has to be some kind of joke, I don’t deserve anything like this…” Acrueid lamented. She had forgotten to read the newspapers that were littered in Pokemon Centers all over the land, so she took one from a stand conveniently next to her, and read the papers… Only to notice an article, that mentioned the name of the sender of the letter… Professor Crane. She ignored the details of what happened and only skimmed it, but now after realizing that he had died, she came to an awful conclusion.

”I guess it is true after all…”

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
"Caattyyyy."

Phoenix over her at the cat, who, at the moment, was looking rather indignant, staring at her with big, onyx eyes that were glittering with barely contained fury. How she even remained sitting in her position - totally rigid and immovable - on the floor without jumping onto the bed surprised her.

"Just because you can't go and raid the market doesn't mean that you can whine about it," Phoenix said blandly, turning another page of her Fantasy book.

The Delcatty's meow turned into a shrill wail, and Phoenix had to cover her ears to block out the horrid sound. Normally, Siren, as she was named, had a pretty voice - incredibly so, but she seemed to have the uncanny ability to turn it unpleasant to the degree of it actually being much worse than a 'nails on the chalkboard' sound.

Phoenix might have tried to ignore the thing on normal circumstances, and she halfway felt like it. But this time, she didn't. "Just because you can goad other Meowth to steal fish from the Market for you doesn't mean you should."

"Cat!"

Phoenix took out a Pokéball - it was always her last tool that always worked when the Delcatty wouldn't quiet. "Retu-"

A knock on the door.

Siren was already off, standing at the door, looking up at it with a great degree of interest. Phoenix, intentionally making her way to the door slowly, put her book on the bedside table and opened the door - her foot blocking the Delcatty's haphazard escape attempts.

"Excuse me, are you Ms. Pyrallis?"

Phoenix shoved the Delcatty back as she lunged. "I am."

"Well, I have a package for you - it's fragile, so be careful."

Phoenix, somehow managing to balance holding the box (which in truth weighed a bit more than she thought) and keep Siren from running out, thanked the man, giving him a very odd look as he turned his back away from her, and shutting the door.

"I shouldn't be getting a package from anyone," Phoenix muttered, wondering if the box hide some kind of prank. Maybe from some vengeful trainer she had beaten. It was plausible, if there were vengeful Pokémon like Sphinx around, there would be humans, to.

Deciding to read the letter, determined to amuse herself if it was indeed some thread, she opened the envelope, reading...

"What the -"

Even Siren's voice had gone quiet at her Trainer's obvious startlement. Wanting to get a closer look, the cat sprang onto the bed on which the package was situated.

"Catt..."

The Delcatty began pawing at the package as Phoenix eyed it.

"But.. the Professor was just killed.. how can he..."

Grabbing the package away from the Delcatty, Phoenix began to open it, slowly at first, before increasing in vigor before what she beheld, was an oddly colored silver/white/blue egg.

"... I wonder if this is what he got killed for... But why me? And he said 'other eggs' I wonder who found the others.. or who he sent them to, I guess."

For once, Siren had nothing to add.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
"Croco!" a loud voice shouted, the words echoing from the walls of a pitch black cave he was in. As no answer came, the voice spoke again, this time the tone being a bit annoyed. "Naw?" it asked, the voice followed with a silent `thumb` sound.

"No", a voice answered to it, and just when it was about to continue, a loud crash was heard. After that, only thing remaining was silence. Until, it was broken, yet again by the voice of the very same boy. "Ouch"

"Naw... Cro!" the first voice called again angrily, moving its feet a bit, instantly tripping over.

"I will not use a torch damnit! I can go trough this cave without. How the heck can we be champions if we can't even-aaagh!" the sentance was cut off, as the boy felt something cold sweeping past his shoulder, leaving him the akward feeling he wasn't alone. "Okay, forget everything I said. Just give me the torch!" the scared voice of the boy called, but got no response. For a moment, he just stood still, until he felt that cold skin on his shoulder again. That was enough for him to get him moving; tripping over on many rocks, having no idea where he was running, he headed out of the cave.

Soon, the boy, Toga Zazana, emerged from the pitch black Rock Tunnel, his eyes widened as he ran. It seemed like he would be unable to stop his running, for he almost ran straight in the river nearby. The only thing that stopped him from falling in was someone grabbing him behind and forcing him to sit down.

As Toga looked up, he saw a quite a wide man, with a amused smile on his face "You tried to go trough the came without a light source?" his voice sounded like he would be keeping a hand on his mouth, in order to prevent a loud burst of laughter. "No sane people would do that!" the man continued, and gave up of trying to hold his laughter.

Toga got up and gave a glare to the man, shutting him up, but leaving him glaring back. Toga turned away, walking away from the man, instead heading towards a Pokémon Center nearby, built for those who got hurt or exchausted as they journey trough the cave, or the route leading to Cerulean.

Toga stopped on the door and turned to look at the cave's entrance, realizing that his Croconaw was still inside. "Croconaw!" he shouted, causing the hiker behind him to leap slightly. No answer came from the cave.

"Croconaw! Stop fooling around, we're supposed to challenge the Cerulean Gym today!" the irritated voice of Toga's called, but the only answer he got was a snort. "Oh, right... I meant, Feraligatr!" Toga shouted, remembering that it was the name he should call his arrogant blue crocodile.

Instantly, a blue figure ran out of the cave, many Zubat clinging on him like on some kind of a large fruit. "Zubat... were we scared away by Zubat?" Toga asked, his right eye twiching. As the Croconaw reached his trainer, Toga began chasing away the bats, and managed to do so rather easily. "I can't believe this..." Toga muttered, embarassed, as he walked inside the center, Feraligatr following close behind.

As they stepped inside, they found out that the center was empty. Or so it seemed for a while, before a really worried looking Nurse Joy came in from room on the back. Toga was about to answer to the question she probably would ask, but soon found out that the nurse had payed no attention to him. Instead, she had crouched under one of the tables with various chairs.

Toga blinked, and walked up to her. As much as he hated having to interupt whatever she was searching, he needed to heal Tarf that had fainted in the cave. Too many Golbat at once.

"Hey, you!" Toga shouted, mentally hitting himself, as he meant to say `excuse me`, but like always, his words changed somewhere between his brains and mouth, making him sound more rude than he had intended.

Joy crouched away from the table and stood up, eyeing at the trainer for a while, before bursting to tears. Toga blinked. He had always known that most people had something against him, but never had he seen anyone to actually cry upon seeing him. Before Toga was able to say a word, the nurse had ran up to him.

"I'm so sorry!" she whined, shaking her head violently. "I have a terrible memory! Your package, I... I lost it! Ah, I'm a terrible nurse! I never become a professional!" she turned around walked to her counter, kneeling down and looking the `package` from under it, loud whining still being able to heard.

"Package?" Toga sked from himself quietly, trying to ponder who in the world would send him a package, when he didn't even have any relatives knowing of him, let alone friends. The last relatives he had seen had been his parents before they died...

"Cro, cro!" Feraligatr announced proudly, tapping his chest, his head held high.

"Hm? What? You think you will find it?" Toga asked from the crocodile, his voice filled with doubt. Feraligatr nodded grinning, and ran off to check a plant. "Hm, well I guess it wouldn't hurt to help find this... `package` of mine", Toga decided, rising his eyebrows and taking one of his Pokéballs from hsi belt. "Wildfire!" he shouted, releasing his Rapidash.

Upon hearing the word, the over-confident crocodile flinched on his tracks, but got no attention payed to him.

"You heard, didn't you? A package for me is lost. Maybe you could be of assistance?" Toga asked from his horse, who nodded slightly before zooming off to find it. Toga watched the Rapidash and the nurse for a while, then walked away from them and sat on a couch, muttering: "A package, huh? I wonder- agh!" Toga jumped up, feeling something hard against his back as he sat on the couch. Blinking, he lifted one of the cushions from the couch, and under it, he saw a brown package.

Picking it up, he turned around. "This what you were looking for?" he asked from the nurse. As she turned around and saw the package, she almost jumped out of joy. "What was it doing-" Toga's sentence was cut off, as Joy jumped around the center.

"I didn't lose it! I didn't lose it! I- hang on. You are mister... Gagaga, right?" she stopped as she asked the question, her eyes widening out of the possibility of her being wrong anyway.

"I-", Toga began, but was unable to finish and correct the error of the Joy's, when she spoke again.

"I knew it! Ah, I was worried that I would have misread your surname as well. You see, lot of people and responsability, and... oh, I have to clean here as well! Of you go, of you go!" the nurse spoke so quicklu and without taking a breath that Toga was unable to say a word, before he already found himself outside the center, his Pokémon beside him, the package on his arms, as they were practically thrown out by the nurse.

"Gagaga?" Toga asked and gave a quick glance to the package, seeing that his surname was written correctly on it. Pondering how in the heck had the nurse done a mistake like that, and deciding that she was just a bit slow, Toga sat down few feet away from the center, Wildfire quickly laying down on his right side, eyeing at the package, and Feraligatr on his left side, wishing that the package contained food. As Toga began opening the package, he noticed that it had a letter attached to it.

After finishing reading the letter, Toga shook his head slowly. "Theh. Some sick prank this must be... Claiming to be some professor in danger, and-" just then, something hit him. That name... he took off his bagback and took out a book of Pokémon Study. Quickly flipping to the very last page, he read the names of those that had written the book, and not only did he regonize the name of the professor, but his handwriting as well, for the name of the makers were written with their own handwriting.

Rising his head from the book, he took the letter again, and made sure that the name was actually written there, not attached to the paper later. "This..." Toga said silently, amazed as he took out an egg. It was nothing he had seen before, for it was a lot bigger. Sun reflected from its perfectly clear surface, the firey color seeming like the egg would be on flames. "Pokémon egg. And... the professor... he indeed sent this. Is he... alright?" Toga stood up, lowering his eyebrows, putting the letter in his bagpack, but still holding the egg, like he would be afraid that it would break if he put it down.

Looking at its smooth surface once more, he nodded, deciding that this egg would be under his protection from now on. But the professor... His fate still concerned him.

"Wildfire..." he said silently, causing the horse to instantly stand up. "Let's go. I need a computer", he told to it, and rose on its back, recalling Feraligatr, his right arm still wrapped around the egg like it would be made of glass.

"To Cerulean..." he whispered, his eyes worried and his whole expression being distant. The Rapidash walked few steps, and Toga grabbed her mane with his free hand. With a fast nodd, Wildfire took off.

Lady Myuu

Damsel mostly Stressed.
I was about to reply. Then trouble happened.

Now I gotta close.

Joy.

-closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.