• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

∆˚The Greenery ≈ Fanclub˚∆

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I fell in love with this pokémon:
http://i52.*******.com/2w3tefl.gif
It's just the design and the fact it changes every season :D

And I guess everyone already knows but the list of english names is out!
I'm kinda surprised with some of the names, but I like the most of them.

http://i51.*******.com/de32ug.png
Yay for snivy!
(I made the drawing XD I know it sucks)

Romanticide

Oh man, I love Mebukijika too~ It was one of the few Pokemon I liked right off the bat. Totally going be on my team when I get Black. It makes me think of Bambi's father. Even though I've never seen Bambi...

Most of the English are.... well, they almost made me rage!quit the English version (that is, I considered importing.) There are some I like, however. Still importing the 3rd version, though.

Cute Tsutarja, Ezzpeon!

((Also, if my calling the gen V Pokemon by their Japanese names bothers anyone, I'll try to learn the English ones))

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
Oh man, I love Mebukijika too~ It was one of the few Pokemon I liked right off the bat. Totally going be on my team when I get Black. It makes me think of Bambi's father. Even though I've never seen Bambi...

Most of the English are.... well, they almost made me rage!quit the English version (that is, I considered importing.) There are some I like, however. Still importing the 3rd version, though.

Cute Tsutarja, Ezzpeon!

((Also, if my calling the gen V Pokemon by their Japanese names bothers anyone, I'll try to learn the English ones))

No thats fine, I still can't remember all the English names either XD

Okay I was back from my holz a few weeks ago but school started again so I am a bit caught on time now :/

Sooo if Ezz Peon and Romanticide want to be co owners? Feel free to accept or deny.

As for english names... I LOVE Whirlipede XD It is a silly name but it made me laugh and it sounds weird XD

But I must say I don't really like Churine being named Petilil ;( Churine sounds better imo.

As for Cottonee, I expected something like that and I like it ^.^ I dislike however Erufuun's new name, Whimsicott :/ Sounds terrible!

I will create a list of all the new names on the front page when I get the chance!

~Goods

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Sooo if Ezz Peon and Romanticide want to be co owners? Feel free to accept or deny.
If it would help, I gladly do it :D

I will create a list of all the new names on the front page when I get the chance!

I made something.... ^___^

http://i54.*******.com/espzio.png
I made it into an image, don't know if you like it, but...

Last edited:

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
If it would help, I gladly do it :D

I made something.... ^___^

http://i54.*******.com/espzio.png
I made it into an image, don't know if you like it, but...

It is excellent ^.^ *Adds to front page* I hope it didn't take too much time though!

Thanks for adding the position, would you like to choose your own partner pokemon?

Anyway back to the new names!
Some favourites:
Escavelier
Foongus
Joltik
Venipede
Liligant
Whirlipede
Serperior
Maractus
Cottonee
Virizion
Volcarona
Larvesta
Durant.

They are the names I like.

I don't like:
Dweeble! They named my little baby Ishuzumi... DWEEBLE! The actual name makes the pokemon sound pathetic -_-
Crustle is even worse.... Come on. Crustle makes it sound so old and dying :(
Sewaddle. As cute as the name is... It does NOT suit a caterpiller. It would suit if it was a waddling penguin or duck though @_@
Sawbuck. They can't be serious! The pokemon itself is feminine looking, It was even named Shimama So why is it called Shawbuck? A buck is a male deer!!! really disappointed in this name.
~Goods

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I agree with most of you name issues, especially sawsbuck. Like you said: It looks waaaaay to girly to be named like that. Why BUCK, just say DEER if they are not putting that much effort into the names.. >.>
(Same thing with eevee being 87.5% male, I never really saw the point in that.)

It was even named Shimama
Er... Am I missing something out, cause I thought that Shimama was the Zebra.

It is excellent ^.^ *Adds to front page* I hope it didn't take too much time though!
Glad you like it, it wasn't THAT much work =D

Thanks for adding the position, would you like to choose your own partner pokemon?

407MS.png
:D

Last edited:

Romanticide

If it'll help the club I'll do anything c:

My favorite of the English names is Galvantula. Probably the physics geek in me talking :p But...what does Joltik mean? I get the jolt part, but I'm not so sure about the -ik part.

But yeah, Snivy through Simisage is cool, Swadloon is cool, Vanipede through Scolipede is cool, Liligant and Maractuc is cool, Deerling is cool, and Karrablast through the rest is cool. ESECIALLY Volcarona. I may be biased because I have a Blaziken named Carona, though. ;p

We should make a list of the meanings of the English names. Do you think it's a good idea? If so I'll post some of the ones I've figured out.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
You know, Shelmet is awfully simple, but I really love it <3
And did anyone else see the evolution levels on some pokémon are really high?

For example larvesta --> lvl 59 --> volcarona.

Yanappu

Cute o3o
Wormadon. Grass > Bug. Snivy and Urugamoth.

Sewaddle. As cute as the name is... It does NOT suit a caterpiller. It would suit if it was a waddling penguin or duck though @_@
Sawbuck. They can't be serious! The pokemon itself is feminine looking, It was even named Shimama So why is it called Shawbuck? A buck is a male deer!!! really disappointed in this name.
~Goods

1. Sawsbuck's Japanese name was Mebukijika, not Shimama. Shimama is the electric zebra (Bitzle.) And even though it looks feminine, bucks have antlers. Female deers do not. It's Summer and Autumn forms are also pretty masculine (animals [especially male animals] generally have large things to intimidate enemies [I am talking about the leaves]) And even if its name were Shimama, it's Japanese, not English. Mama in Japanese does not mean Mama in English.
2. Sewaddle has nothing to do with the act of 'waddling'. The name comes from Serotinella, a caterpillar that uses leaves for many things, and a Swaddle, a coccoon like blanket (which is what Sewaddle's leaves are.) So really, the name makes perfect sense.

Can I join? I like grass types! o: I like bug types too..but only ones like Urugamoth and Genosect. OH AND THE KNIGHT BUG THING! <3

Edit: To avoid posting a one liner, I am curious as to what I did wrong when joining? I did everything you asked for. :/

Last edited:

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Hehe, oops. Welcome to the club Yanappu! ;D

I made an userbar, I guess you can replace it with the first one I made since that one's fuzzy.
http://i56.*******.com/10ygis2.png

:p I wish people would post more, or that we get more members. There must be more people around who love
bug and grass types <3

gallade100

white FC537222956685
i want to become a member of the greenery fanclub du to i am raiseing on pokemon white serperior and accelgor and i have the heart of great bug trainer ect:bugse

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
I agree with most of you name issues, especially sawsbuck. Like you said: It looks waaaaay to girly to be named like that. Why BUCK, just say DEER if they are not putting that much effort into the names.. >.>
(Same thing with eevee being 87.5% male, I never really saw the point in that.)

Er... Am I missing something out, cause I thought that Shimama was the Zebra.

Glad you like it, it wasn't THAT much work =D

407MS.png
:D

Haha it is the Zebra. I was reading a post on another forum about Shimama and got the two mixed up XD

Welcome Yanappu.

Also thanks for the userbar Ezz, I will add to the first post.

Romanticide- Would you like a partner poekmon?

Gallade- You are missing something in your post. Read the rules on the front post again and fix up your post to join ;)

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Sooo... less than three weeks and I will own my own Black version in a language I can understand. ^__^
I must say this gen contains some of the best bug pokémon (imo). As well based on power and beauty....
....But nothin' beats mah Ledian >.<

look at mah sig, it's staring at 'ya

i want to become a member of the greenery fanclub du to i am raiseing on pokemon white serperior and accelgor and i have the heart of great bug trainer ect:bugse
You're indeed missing something.

Romanticide

Romanticide- Would you like a partner poekmon?
Sky Shaymin please! I love that doggy/deer<3

I must say this gen contains some of the best bug pokémon (imo). As well based on power and beauty....
I totally agree. The other gens had some great bug Pokemon, but most of them were just too frail to be used very far into the story. Gen 5, however, has introduced a number of powerhouses. Like Volcarona<33

A random note, I have started a bug and grass duotype challenge on my Silver in honor of this club. Which Pokemon do you guys think I should have on my team?

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I totally agree. The other gens had some great bug Pokemon, but most of them were just too frail to be used very far into the story. Gen 5, however, has introduced a number of powerhouses. Like Volcarona<33
I still hate that my favourite bug, Ledian, never really had a chance to shine.
That goes for a lot of bugs that are lovely && cool but their stats usually kinda suck. :p but I just use whatever pokemon I like so whatever ;)

And am I the only one who is disappointed flygon isn't bug xP It would be cool, I always saw it as a bug Ö

A random note, I have started a bug and grass duotype challenge on my Silver in honor of this club. Which Pokemon do you guys think I should have on my team?

Nice Idea, I'm not the person who you should ask this things tough xP sorry.

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
EDIT:
Would it be ok If I join?
Wormadam!
I'm gonna have to go with Bugs as my favourite. Urugamosu is my favourite and definitely sways me to the bug fan side. But I love grass types to such as Snivy, Celebi and Shaymin.Please can I be in the bug group. :D

Last edited:

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Would it be ok If I join?

I'm gonna have to go with Bugs as my favourite. Urugamosu is my favourite and definitely sways me to the bug fan side. But I love grass types to such as Snivy, Celebi and Shaymin.

You are missing something in your post, please check the rules and edit your post.

Haha it is the Zebra. I was reading a post on another forum about Shimama and got the two mixed up XD
Oh well, that happens every now and then ^_^'

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Okay, welcome to the club now :3 (Watch out with teh one-liners)

I guess It's topic time:
What Grass/Bug Pokémon are you going to use on you Black/White/Grey(?) team?

As for me, Snivy will be my starter. There is a huge change I will use Volcarona.
And while in-game I might use Whimsicott for a while~
Or maybe Sawsbuck. Oh, too many choices, and I can't use more than 1 of a type on my team.

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
Hmm that's a hard one. Snivy will also probably be my starter. Plus I may use Leavanny. If I change my mind about those two though i'll go for Volcarona.

Also I made this banner(The best banner I've ever made as well). Hope it's ok.
iaza16273557325900.gif