• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[RP]

AJ2000

a_tale_of_heroes__title_page_by_pokecasthq-d6kyth6.png

[video=youtube;DaMWwEgSYuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaMWwEgSYuo[/video]

1) Artus Callum & Lyssa Buran[AJ2000]
2) Aaron Sorèl [Kanima]
3) Halt Drakeson [Delta Hunter
4) Remi Olivier [Le Price de Fée]
5) Alina Nightshade [Zena]
6) Cervantes Reigns [The Burnt Shadow
7) Kenna Keyes [Minteh]
8) Henry Woodwick [Monster Guy]

Artus Callum & Lyssa Buran
Route to Galvez Prison

Man has forever sought to seek more power. Since the beginning of mankind, there are those who follow, and those who lead. There was once a King named Arzun. His majesty ruled with an iron fist, separating society into an upper, middle and lower class. Increasing taxes, slavery of the poor, were just some of the methods he used to increase his power in the world. Limiting the teaching of magic to only those who could afford it, Arzun was able to create the country to his liking.

“Your highness, does nothing satisfy you? Even Royals in other countries envy you.” A man asked. Arzun did not understand the meaning of the question. If there was still more power to be sought, then why would he not try to obtain it?

“Tell me…if we were at war, then would other countries hesitate to attack?” The King asked the man. The man didn’t reply. “Of course not. They don’t fear us. At least not yet.” The King said. With that in mind, the King had an idea. What he needed was something to show that they were not to be messed with. Stricter laws would indeed enforce his power over the people, but that didn’t help him with facing other countries.

“What do we need to be feared?” The man asked curiously. The King looked at the man, and gave a malicious smile. The King’s intentions were to keep a weapon, capable of destroying entire armies.

“We need a Dragon.” Yes, the King’s idea was to capture the very essence of fear itself within nature. The man was shocked. Dragons were the rarest of beasts. Many people spend their entire lives without ever finding the elusive creature, let alone capture it. “We leave tonight.” With that said, the King and his finest men packed their bags and headed to the wilderness.

~

After a month of travelling, the grueling sun was beating down on the men and their bodies were taking a toll. Out of the fifty, twenty men were gone. Some done in by wild animals, others suffering from natural causes. “Your highness…we need to go back. The more we stay out, the more men we will lose.” The man said, throat dry. The King hesitated, looking in front of them.

“This is it. It has to be. The Dragon’s Nest”. The men stared into a pit filled with webs and the stench of rotting flesh. Carcasses were scattered about, torn limb by limb. Without word, the men climbed down the pit, eventually retreating from the surface of the upper world down to the foreign cave. “We’re almost there.” The men reached the bottom of the pit, with a loud growl rushing through the caverns bringing along a lingering odor.

“I think…that’s the-“ The man was cut off, as a loud screech hissed through the cave, enough to make a man’s ear bleed. They were soon faced with a pair of red eyes, glowing within the darkness of the caverns.

~

After the conquering of Dragons, it brought forth the age of Valkyries. Many dragons were ruled and used as weapons during wars, and people who gained control over these creatures attained the power of ‘Valkyries’. Enhanced strength, limited flight, were able to create soldiers capable of taking out multiple enemies at once. However, as the years progressed, there disputes among the regular humans and Valkyries, in which the latter should be superior to the former. This eventually led to a war lasting for years, and ultimately resulting in the wipeout of the dragons and Valkyries, rendering them non-existent. This legend has become a thing of the past now, being merely stories for the people.

....​

What a bizarre dream... The carriage jerked to the side, rocking Artus back and forth every few seconds or so whenever the carriage went over uneven ground. He slowly opened his eyes from his nap and took a look around. It was dark inside the carriage, with a roof covering the top, and rather uncomfortable to sit in. Sort of like a large box. He turned his eyes to the several people sitting with him, who were also seemingly in the same situation as him. Handcuffed, with some of them bruised and beaten it had seemed. Artus tried to fiddle around with his hands to get the rope cuffs off, but it was just digging into his skin even further, chaffing it. It's no use...I can't even focus my mana to my hands because of the ropes...it's too constricting. He let out a sigh, and took another look around the carriage. Aside from the other prisoners, near the back sat two Galvez Prison wardens. The weren't heavily armored, just wearing a simple red-colored chest plate, along with shoulder armour. They were also holding moderately sized spears in their hands.

"So...can any of you guys use magic?" A random prisoner spoke from the corner near the wardens. He was wearing a simple brown tunic, with ragged pants. He was nearly bald, except for patches of hair sticking out from near the sides of his head. It was clear he had been through a lot. A red haired girl sat next to him, gesturing him to stop talking with various eye signals. As much as Lyssa wanted to talk with the others, she knew her place right now, and she was in no position to be saying anything that could be use against her.

"Stop talking!" It was no use, as one of the wardens smashed the wooden end of the spear at the man's head, knocking his head back. The man groaned in pain, and there was a red mark starting to swell where he was hit. "You really think you have the liberty of talking?" The wardens looked at all the prisoners in the carriage. "You're lucky we're sending you to the prison, otherwise we would gut you ourselves." The wardens kept a straight face while yelling at the bunch. They looked around at all the prisoners, and focused them one at a time. "You all look like the type to mess everything up. Going against the Emperor...just do what you're told and none of this needed to happen." Artus just sat there, emotionlessly. He realized many people were against Diaz's ideals, but did they really needed to get punished for it?

"It's not like we're some rebellion group..." Artus mumbled. The warden immediately looked at him threateningly. Lyssa wanted to avert her attention away from the boy, not wanting to see another beat down of someone. She shut her eyes for a moment, but opened them again a few seconds later, realizing the wardens did not in fact attack the boy.

"Oh really? You may not be part of a rebellion, but let me tell you something. Each one you pigs holds no value. Do you even know the population of Salos? So what if a few people get killed here and there? There will always be someone to replace you. The Emperor's ideals are something that can be ruined by even the slightest of change in plans, which is why we can't take the risk of people like you giving out information."

"Calm down, just let them mingle with each other..." Another warden said trying to calm his partner down. "They're not even a threat, so let them be until we get to the prison." With that, the warden settled down a bit, scoffing at the prisoners and giving a slight grin.

Diaz...what are his plans even? All he wants is more power... Artus sighed. The situation was getting to him a bit more now, and he was beginning to realize that he may end up dying.

((OOC: Make sure to read last post in SU thread for instructions on post!))

Last edited:

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Cervantes Reigns
On carriage to prison​

Reigns moved back and forth, like some rocking chair. He was a young man, who appeared much younger than he originally was. He sat on own black hair with his tied shackled hands around his knees. Looking around, he saw a number of prisoners. Most of them seemed to be in quite the condition. Turning to his hands, he saw the nullifier that prevented him from using his magic and the ropes the restrained him from doing anything else. It was quite a shame, if he had at least either of his hands or magic, he could have helped these people.

Reigns gave a deep sigh and a large smile as he held his head back. Biting his own lips, he began to wonder what sort of conversation to start. Perhaps something about their homes, or maybe what could happen to them, or even how that bald guy lost much of his hair. The trip was getting boring really fast and Reigns was itching to start a discussion or at least listen to one. Humming for a while, Reigns finally thought of something to talk about. A game of charades! That would have been fun. Inhaling, Reigns opened his mouth to speak. Just as he was about to say something, the bald guy suddenly asked something interesting. If any of us knew magic.

Not exactly the discussion Reigns was hoping for, but someone started one already. Eager to do some talking, Reigns leaned forward to answer. Unfortunately, he was, once again, interrupted with the guard nudging the bald guy on the head. Soon, some brown haired boy began arguing about not being a rebel. The guard replied and looked ready to do a bit of brawling, but was held back by the other guard. I turned to the brown-haired boy.

"So, if you aren't a rebel, what're you in for?" Reigns asked, as he pressed his eyes against Reigns. "What you get in for? You steal some bread, gold or some guy's wife? You wouldn't believe what they took ME in for. They just found me sitting my arse somewhere and instantly arrested me, as if I were sitting on a pile of diamonds!"

"Oh, for goodness sake, don't you start talking!" the guard yelled.

"Hey, come on, what did I tell you?" his partner asked.

"You have no idea how annoying that black haired one is!" the guard replied back. "When we caught him, he wouldn't shut up!"

"Well, you wouldn't answer my questions!" Reigns replied. "Speaking of questions, what exactly is Galvez Prison? I'm not really informed about these kinds of places."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aaron Sorèl
On Carriage to prison

It was a bumpy ride, though in a sort of comfortable way. It was a lot like being no a ship out in the Ocean, except Aaron was cuffed in the back of some Carriage With a lot of other prisoners. What was the last thing he remembered? Well, some soliders had found him after he had taken the lives of two thieves that had tried robbing him. before he had any time to recover and brace himself for the NeXT attack, the wardens had thumped him in the back of his head With some sort of blunt Object.

"Oh, for goodness sake, don't you start talking!" a guard suddenly said, waking Aaron up from his comatose state. "So, if you aren't a rebel, what're you in for?" some other guy replied to a statement that Aaron hadn't caught. "What you get in for? You steal some bread, gold or some guy's wife? You wouldn't believe what they took ME in for. They just found me sitting my arse somewhere and instantly arrested me, as if I were sitting on a pile of diamonds!" he continued. Aaron gave him an odd look before thinking about replying. "Hey, come on, what did I tell you?" his partner asked. What were they talking about? "You have no idea how annoying that black haired one is!" the warden then said, probably reffering to this one guy who really did have a big mouth. Aaron stopped paying attention to the half-bald guy and the one who aparently sat on a pile of diamonds. Aaron held u his hands to inspect his cuffs. Yep. they were restraining them from using Magic. But doesn't that mean..? Without a Word, Aaron changed into his zombie-like state. Well, at least I can still change he thought. That means that already active spells aren't interrupted, but I still can't ehm.. Magic? my way out of here.

"Well, you wouldn't answer my questions!" Reigns replied. "Speaking of questions, what exactly is Galvez Prison? I'm not really informed about these kinds of places." the guy from before spoke. And hw was right. Aaron had only heard of the prison, but only minor details about its architecture. He changed back into his human form, much to an elderly woman NeXT to him's horror, and spoke: "Yeah, at least give us some sort of conversation! I heard it's made in gothic style, With a lot of curved doorways? Is that true?"

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Henry Woodwick
En Route to Galvez Prison

As he sat there, Henry fidgeted in his seat. His leg bounced up and down as he impatiently waited to find out what was going to happen next. He had never been good with long waits. It did not help at all that the ride was so bumpy and uncomfortable. He was sitting at the back of a carriage handcuffed with a bunch of other people. Henry was certain not everyone here was a criminal. After all, the guards had arrested him for no reason. He had no idea why those men had apprehended him in the first place, but since he was here now, he figured he may as well make the best of the situation.

The guards had taken his wand, and the cuffs that were bound to his wrists kept him from using magic. Which means he wasn't getting out of here any time soon. He had no other choice but to sit here. A few of the other prisoners were talking, and Henry decided to take part. It would help keep his mind off of the long wait. "Speaking of questions, what exactly is Galvez Prison? I'm not really informed about these kinds of places." A black haired guy asked. Another man immediately joined him. "Yeah, at least give us some sort of conversation! I heard it's made in gothic style, With a lot of curved doorways? Is that true?"

Henry's eyes went wide with shock. "W-wait, did you say Prison?!" The boy suddenly blurted out. "But I haven't done anything wrong..." Well, that wasn't entirely true. He did run away from home in search of some kind of adventure. But, he left a note so his family wouldn't worry... Surely that couldn't be something you could get sent to prison for. He didn't know how everyone else could be so calm about this. Despite everything, a small part of him was actually excited about this. This could be the start of that adventure he had been searching for. Maybe if they kept talking, they would organize some kind of escape. "I've never been to prison before!"

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna Keyes
En route to Galvez Prison

The carriage swayed from side-to-side as it moved, almost like a rickety old boat in the middle of the ocean. Kenna had her eyes closed, though she was still awake. Sitting tight next to the guards meant she was very unlikely to get any sleep anyway. She had opened her eyes earlier but it had been too dark to make out any of her fellow prisoners. Slowly her eyes fluttered open, vision temporarily obscured from the brightness. When her vision cleared she kept her head down, not wanting to make much contact with the others. She imagined that they had were being taken to the prison for a far more horrendous crime than she had committed. It still amused Kenna how standing up for your own personal beliefs could get you arrested. That was Diaz' regime for you though.

Kenna sighed, allowing her head to tilt backwards. She wondered what it was like there. At Galvez Prison, that is. She had heard stories about it but the extent to which they were true was unknown. All she knew was that the toughest criminals went in and never came out. She could tell that the prison was a place surrounded in mystery and lies.

Much like the other prisoners, Kenna's hand were bound. The metal was cold against her skin, as well as digging into it. It was leaving her with rather nasty looking pink blotches over her wrists. Had she not have been bound she could easily have healed herself, so long as there was a water source within range. That would've been pretty dumb on guards behalf, however. She had already heard the term "magic" tossed around so she imagined at least one or two prisoners could use magic. She herself was a user of magic, more specifically water based magic.

"I've never been to prison before!" Kenna's eyes followed the sound of the voice, till she found herself staring at the man opposite her. Was he excited about going to prison? Clearly, he had not heard the stories of what happened to criminals in there. Instead of speaking, Kenna gave a smirk in response. It wasn't a nice smirk either, it was more of a "You've got to be joking!" kind of smirk.
The warden who been aggressive earlier, turned his attention to her. "Do you have a problem, little lady?" he asked, words rolling off his tongue like deadly venom.

Kenna didn't respond and instead returned her attention to her palms. She heard the guard grunt in disgust, before he attempted to reach for her arm. "You are no better than the rest of these pigs on here! You rebels honestly think that by having your own beliefs you are going to suddenly change Diaz' rule? Hardly likely, my friend, hardly likely". Kenna looked down to see him roughly gripping her arm, like had done part of the way through his sentence. "Next time you'll reply when spoken to..." he added, releasing her from his grip.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Drakeson
En route to the Galvez

The rocking of the cart, too and fro with each bump, jostled the ropes around the man's wrists. He grunted a little, and looks around the dark partial unlit covered wagon thing he was in. He shifted a little more, trying to get his hand to his waist. "Sword, I need my" he thought for a moment, before he quickly remembered where the hell happened in the first place for him to get in his current location. The bruises and aches along his sides and legs sudden leapt back into his mind. Yep, he was hurt. A lot too. He grunted a little, and spat a bit of blood onto the floor of the coach with a grunt. His tongue felt less than he remembered it once was, or something along those lines.

He looks around, now that his eyes had started to adjust to the dim light of the covered wagon. "Why the hell would they use a wagon?" Halt thought, shifting his white furred poncho a little over his fang necklace, to keep the guards from noticing it. While the fangs were dulled, a little sharpening could make them good and sharp again. For a grindstone, his sharper than average teeth would be a blessing for that. Speaking of his teeth, he gnashed them together a little, growling as he does, sounding a little like a wolf for a moment. The wardens weren't too pleased by anyone it seemed.

"Hey, savage!" snapped the mouthy one again to Halt's movements and teeth gnashing "Do anything like that again, and I'll knock them in for you!"

Halt snorted, and bared his teeth, showing their whiteness first, then their red tint all over. He grinned ear to ear. "I'd like to see you try, maybe I'll bite off a couple of fingers. I could go for some meat..."

The warden stood up sharply, and butt ended the spear he had into Halt's stomach. Halt coughed a little, and struggled for his breath, or acted it. The warden sat back down, snorting in annoyance. Halt turned and looked around a bit, before winking to the red hair girl. "Meatheads, the lot of them. You don't have to look so scared by them" he tried to say encourgaingly.

Zena

Wolf Minded Trainer
Alina Nightshade
Road to Galvez Prison

Grey eyes started emotionless at ropes. Ropes over hands.. Her hands. Alina heard words pass by inside the wagon, but they didn't register inside her mind, they only processed as gibberish. Like one would hear when pretending to pay attention to a boring elder. She had spaced out a while ago, wondering why she was here and where her father's book was. Eventually a word was repeated often enough to process in her mind.

"Prison" Alina's thoughts turned to the new word and began a mind topic on it. What did she do to be taken to prison? Why were there others here? Alina's thoughts continued this pattern till she noticed a new scent. Something that reminded her of iron.

Her eyes lit up, as though waking up to the world and she looked around. She thought she smelled blood for a second and tilted her head at the conversation that was currently going on with another prisoner and the warden. Seeing the prisoner's teeth, it reminded her of the wolves she read in books, it seemed he even had the wolf grin down along with them.

"I'd like to see you try, maybe I'll bite off a couple of fingers. I could go for some meat..."

Alina couldn't help but smile a little at those words. Then she stopped, fearing the warden would say something. Luckily, her hood was over her head, casting a shadow over her already pale face. She looked down again at her hands, she tried to move them a little. In an feeble attempt to loosen the ropes, but it was to no avail.

Alina gave up quickly afterward and sighed. "Out of all the items they could take, why did they take the book?" She started to think, worrying over the books state. It was her father's and he would be mad if it was mistreated, then again she was in bigger trouble right now. She moved herself backwards toward the wall a bit more, and did her best to make herself smaller.

Alina was scared of the fact that the others around here could be criminals, and she felt that perhaps the wall could giver her some sort of comfort. "Though.. Maybe.. Some of them are like me." She slightly hoped and clung to it.

AJ2000

Route to Galvez Prison

"Speaking of questions, what exactly is Galvez Prison? I'm not really informed about these kinds of places." Artus was 'out' of it for a few seconds, but was attentive enough to hear this question, which made him sigh. It was true that not many people knew about what really goes on in Galvez, including Artus, so he didn't expect this young man to know either.

"Yeah, at least give us some sort of conversation! I heard it's made in gothic style, With a lot of curved doorways? Is that true?" Another voice chimed in, which made Artus sigh once again, however this time it was out of disbelief. Now's not the best time to be wondering about architecture....idiot. He kept it to himself though, not wanting to stir up any trouble.

"W-wait, did you say Prison?! But I haven't done anything wrong...I've never been to prison before!" Someone else blurted out into the conversation, which made Artus almost chuckle. He couldn't tell if that last part was a joke, or if he genuinely meant it. I can't believe the idiots they've rounded up... Suddenly, a warden raced past Artus, and started to yell at another prisoner, and by the way he referred to her as 'little lady', it was obvious he was talking to a female prisoner. Artus lay his head back, resting himself and trying to relieve some of the tension.

On the other side of the carriage, Lyssa sat quietly, trying to avoid unwanted attention. All was going well, until a young man responded to the empty threats of the warden. "...I'd like to see you try, maybe I'll bite off a couple of fingers. I could go for some meat..." Lyssa just watched, as the young man was stabbed by the butt end of the warden's spear, causing him to cough. After a few seconds trying to recuperate, Lyssa could see the young man turning to her. "Meatheads, the lot of them. You don't have to look so scared by them." He said it in a encouraging way, but Lyssa sort of took it slightly personal.

"...I'm not afraid of them." She said sternly and calmly. "I'm more scared of what lies in the prison. I think you'd be a fool not to." She said turning away. For some reason she felt more calm talking to someone, but nonetheless, she was still a little uneasy. However, she wanted to be strong, and knew that crying over the situation would not do her any justice. Suddenly, the carriage jerked to the side, as if they had just went onto rocky terrain.

"Well...we're almost there." One of the wardens said, with a hint of sympathy in his voice. "I would say in a half an hour, we'll have reached our destination." He said, emotionlessly. Artus let out yet another sigh out of uneasiness looking around at the other prisoners.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
On the road to dat Prison
Aaron Sorèl

"W-wait, did you say Prison?! But I haven't done anything wrong...I've never been to prison before!" someone started panicing. The air in the wagon was tense, and full of confusion, anger and the lack of Magic, well, Aaron could change his form, but that woudn't help much.. He still wouldn't be able to use Magic, though his dark arts are stronger when changed.
No one paid any attention to his architecture-question, and he sat back With a sigh. He didn't really understand why the wardens just plucked People up like berries and decided to take them all to prison. Aaron overheard another warden reffering to one of the captives as 'little lady', so apparently, there were other women in the Carriage other than the old one NeXT to him, who had passed out from his last form change. It didn't matter though. the moment the cuffs came off, he could hocus pocus his way out of here. But what if they never were to come off...?

"Well...we're almost there." One of the wardens said, "I would say in a half an hour, we'll have reached our destination." He talked as if there was no hppiness left in the world, and Aaron couldn't help himself but change form and growl at him. The warden flinched, and started blabbing on about demons and Death and sh*t. Aaron calmed Down, and rested his head on the elderly woman Next to him. Was she dead...? Aah, it didn't matter. the only thing left to do now was to silently wait to Reach their destination. Aaron silently fell asleep, dreaming about gothic architecture.

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Cervantes Reigns
en route to Galvez Prison​

Leaning his head back, Reigns glanced at the prisoners. An interesting lot, this was. While he didn't have his magic to aid him, he was able to read the others like a book, judging by their facial expressions. So many frightened people, so many interesting stories. Just what exactly would await him, when he arrived at the prison? Rocking back and forth, he began to hum.

"You know, prison may not be so bad," Reigns spoke out. "But then again, I wouldn't really know, but my last home may be considered as one. Heh, I may kind of miss that place. All those sorcerers and guards, we had a good time together. Such a pity. Time quickly flies and there are things that are way beyond any of our control."

Looking at his hands, Reigns saw his fingers twitch. Just what exactly was this he was feeling? It was neither fear, nor anger. He didn't really feel anything. Perhaps because everything that had happened had already been done that he didn't know what else to feel. Going to this Galvez Prison didn't bother him that much either. Did he even have a reason to attempt an escape or resist? The emperor Diaz had ordered quite a thing to him and his village, yet Reigns couldn't find that much of a reason to hate him or seek revenge. Or, did he?

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna Keyes

Kenna looked around the prisoners, now that most of them had begun to liven up, she could see that she was dealing with an interesting group of characters. Still, it made her wonder why they were all here. Like the old lady sat across from her for example. Kenna hardly doubted she had murdered or robbed anyone. She looked as if she was going to keel over and die in the carriage!

"Well...we're almost there." Kenna looked up at the guard who spoke, it was the one who seemed to be more of a peacekeeper. The way he spoke, it almost sounded as if her felt sorry for them. Kenna didn't know why there was that sudden spike in his voice, but she assumed that it had something to do with whatever was waiting for them at the prison. Kenna sighed once again, blanking out the quiet muttering of the guards and prisoners. She was trying to keep a brave face, but she could feel the fear rising inside of her. Fear of the unknown...

Her body rocked as the carriage continued along the rocky terrain, breaking her train of thoughts. "You know, prison may not be so bad," spoke a man who had caused the guards some trouble earlier. Kenna zoned out of the rest of his conversation, too shocked at how he could be so lighthearted about the situation. Though, maybe that was a good thing. It probably made the other prisoners feel more at ease, since there was undeniably a feeling of fear in the air. Still, it surprised her how the prisoner could even suggest such an outlandish idea. "You haven't heard the stories about that place then?" She began, focusing her green-grey eyes at him, "How the toughest criminals go in there and never come back out again."

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Henry Woodwick
En Route to Galvez

There was a lot of tension in the air. Henry had gotten all kinds of strange looks from the others after he spoke. He didn't particularly get why, he was only stating a fact. He looked at all the different people that were here. It was clear that a few of them were innocent like he was. There was even an old lady on board. Although she very well could be dangerous, after all looks were deceiving, Henry doubted she had actually done anything wrong. There was something else going on here.

"Well...we're almost there." One of the wardens said, "I would say in a half an hour, we'll have reached our destination."

Henry leaned back in his seat, and sighed. 'Great... we're stuck here for another thirty minutes. I wanna get off this cart already!' He fidgted around in his seat, and looked quite bored.

The guy who had spoken earlier had said something about prison not being so bad. To which one of the women responded. "You haven't heard the stories about that place then? How the toughest criminals go in there and never come back out again."

Although she wasn't directly speaking to him, Henry couldn't help but chuckle and give his answer. Making some conversation would help take his mind off all of this. "Hehe, really? Well, it's a good thing were not criminals then huh?" He said with a smirk. "Actually, I haven't heard those stories. The place I come from is pretty sheltered. That's why I left, to find some adventure! This isn't quite how I imagined it would start, but at least it's something."

AJ2000

Route to Galvez Prison

"You know, prison may not be so bad," A man spoke out "But then again, I wouldn't really know, but my last home may be considered as one. Heh, I may kind of miss that place. All those sorcerers and guards, we had a good time together. Such a pity. Time quickly flies and there are things that are way beyond any of our control." Artus just watched. Did he really just say prison may not be so bad?

"You haven't heard the stories about that place then?" A woman began to speak. "How the toughest criminals go in there and never come back out again." Artus' attention was then drawn to another young man who started to chuckle.

"Hehe, really? Well, it's a good thing were not criminals then huh? Actually, I haven't heard those stories. The place I come from is pretty sheltered. That's why I left, to find some adventure! This isn't quite how I imagined it would start, but at least it's something." The man said in a rather amusing voice. Artus looked in his direction.

"Don't be an idiot. You think this a joke? This is not some 'adventure', ya know." Artus snapped at the young man. Although he didn't say it in an aggressive tone, he was slightly irritated by the fact that he treated it as a trip of sorts. The wardens didn't say anything, but the way they were looking at Artus it was almost as if they were amused.

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Cervantes Reigns
En route to Galvez Prison​

Reigns chuckled and sighed. Things were getting a bit lively now. However, there were still people not too happy with the situation. It was no surprise. Some had done nothing wrong, while others did otherwise. Looking around, one person caught his eye. It was this red haired girl who had been rather quiet the whole time. She had been showing some signs of communication, but hardly spoke a single word.

"So, young miss," Reigns said, leaning forward to the red haired girl. "What's your story? Unlike the rest of us, you seem to be a bit more timid than the rest of us. You seem afraid, yet put on a strong front. You look clearly innocent, HOWEVER, this prison sounds quite high class. What did you do, or rather, what CAN you do that has caught the emperor's attention?"

The whole carriage went silent. One guard turned back and eyed Reigns. "Oi, shut it over there," he barked.

"Come now, why hide anything from us?" Reigns asked. "We're all going to some sort of hell either way, we may as well get the reason to why each one of us is going. Did you steal something, kill someone, spark a rebellion? Or perhaps, what was on the tip of everyone's minds? Is your magic something to be reckoned with?"

The guard turned his head straight at Reigns. "Hey, I said shut up!"

"There is no fooling any of us," Reigns said with a big smile, as he held up his hands. "Using rope should be enough to restrain a normal man, yet you plug some of us with nullifiers to keep as at bay. So, little miss, what kind of magic can you do that is so great that the emperor wants you behind bars?"

AJ2000

Route Galvez Prison

"So, young miss," A young man turned to Lyssa, trying to get a conversation going with her. "What's your story? Unlike the rest of us, you seem to be a bit more timid than the rest of us. You seem afraid, yet put on a strong front. You look clearly innocent, HOWEVER, this prison sounds quite high class. What did you do, or rather, what CAN you do that has caught the emperor's attention?" Lyssa just stared in silence. Was he being serious? And in the end did it really matter how she ended up here? The silence was the broken by the warden telling the man to shut it. "Come now, why hide anything from us?" The young man asked. Lyssa turned to him and observed. He had messy black hair, which was long - really long. "We're all going to some sort of hell either way, we may as well get the reason to why each one of us is going." As much as Lyssa hated to admit it, the guy was right. "Did you steal something, kill someone, spark a rebellion? Or perhaps, what was on the tip of everyone's minds? Is your magic something to be reckoned with?"

A warden suddenly barked at him. "Hey, I said shut up!" Why can't he just listen to the guard...he's just getting them angrier.

"There is no fooling any of us, using rope should be enough to restrain a normal man, yet you plug some of us with nullifiers to keep as at bay. So, little miss, what kind of magic can you do that is so great that the emperor wants you behind bars?"

"Well, I don't think he wants me because of my Magic." Lyssa said slightly sarcastically. "If anything...." She looked at the wardens and then back at the man. "If anything, I think it's just because half the country goes against Diaz's ideals...we're either with him, or against him." Lyssa said frowning. Artus couldn't hep but listen in on the conversation. As much as he wanted to say something, he didn't want to be intruding on anything. But then again, the whole situation wasn't exactly formal either.

"Well then, maybe we should be with him to avoid all this." Artus foolishly said, as he got hit on the side of the head by one of the spears by the warden. Artus grunted as he tried to rub the area that got hit with his shoulder, but was unable to reach.

"A little late for a change of heart!" The warden barked, as he poked Artus one more time on the side of the head. Artus coughed a little bit, and sat up straight keeping silent.

"You should have just kept quiet." Lyssa said, looking at Artus. She gave a calm look but turned away after a few seconds. Artus felt slightly embarrassed, but not as much as the thought. The carriage jerked once more, and started to make a rickety noise as if they were going on top of some sort of wooden bridge.

"Well, your time's up. Sit tight." The warden said. Artus felt his heart drop a little at those words and he took several deep breaths to calm himself down. Oh crap... Although Artus wasn't much of a religious person, he tried to think of some random prayers off the top of his head, in hopes something would save him from this hell.

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor
Remi Olivier

The rickety carriage trudged down the road. Remi sat in the corner, hands bound, as he swayed about. He just sat, not speaking and not really wanting to be spoken to. The other passengers seemed to be trying to initiate conversations with others. Remi began to grind his teeth as he tried to block out the noise. There weren't many things that he despised, but noisy environments were definitely high on that list. Remi did understand why everyone was talking so much. If anything, it was to become more comfortable with everyone and to cloak their fear. They wanted to focus their mind on things other than their fate, but some of the others just seemed to be chatty for no other reason than to be so.

Remi sat with his eyes fixed on the floor of the carriage. When he heard the sound of someone being hit, his attention snapped to the source of the noise. The wardens seemed to like being in power a bit too much. It was obvious that one them relished the chance to feel superior to others. Remi frowned at the warden for his cruel actions. The other warden seemed to be more sympathetic. He tried reassuring the group in slightest of ways, but at least he put forth the effort. When the warden shared with them their estimated time of arrival, Remi simply nodded at the warden and gave a small grin.

Remi wasn't worried about going to Galvez Prison. He knew that it was a place that no one dreamed of going to, unlike so many others in the carriage. He knew the possible consequences for his actions. He was willing to accept the consequences, but he would not allow this to be the end for him. Remi believed that this was only the beginning. He had a lot of work left to do, so he refused to believe that he would spend his best years rotting away in a prison. He simply closed his eyes and began to drown out the noise. He focused on positive thoughts.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna Keyes

Kenna looked up as the man with the messy, black hair started speaking. At first, she had thought it was her who he was communicating with but when she followed his gaze, she found him looking at the red-headed girl. She didn't want to listen in to their conversation much but when he mentioned magic and set the guards off, it caught her attention. It also helped Kenna confirm that there were other magic users, though since there were a few people with nullifiers like what she was wearing it meant that there were several magic users upon the carriage.

"If anything, I think it's just because half the country goes against Diaz's ideals...we're either with him, or against him." Kenna nodded, partially to herself and partially in response to the girl's comment. Kenna felt the same way, or at least had a similar opinion. Despite that, Kenna knew, she was here for a valid reason, in the eyes of the guards.

Suddenly the carriage slowed, causing Kenna to fall to one side slightly with the sudden shift in speed. This promptly awoke the old lady who looked around rather worriedly before recognising her surroundings. If her hands had not been bound, Kenna would of reached over and held her hand in some form of comfort. "Well, your time's up. Sit tight." One of the wardens said as the carriage crossed a bridge. As oon as he finished, Kenna could feel a pit of despair forming inside of her. She hadn't been nervous, prior to that news, but now it felt as if all the air was being sucked from inside her. Perhaps it was the fear of knowing what was waiting for her? Or maybe it was because she hadn't finished what she set out to do when she left Havnaar...

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Drakeson
En Route to Galvez Prison

"...I'm not afraid of them." She said sternly and calmly. "I'm more scared of what lies in the prison. I think you'd be a fool not to." She said turning away. Halt snickered at the red head, enjoying this. Scared of this? A Prison? A box of stone and iron? Why would anyone be scared of that? He could, however, notice her body langauge, and saw a little relief in the way her shoulder muscles relaxed slightly, and the tension in her abs wasn't as taught as before. Little details like these kept him alive to this point. At this point, however, Halt decided to drift off into a nap of sorts while everyone else talked and chatted.

The carriage jerked once more, and started to make a rickety noise as if they were going on top of some sort of wooden bridge. "Well, your time's up. Sit tight." The warden said. Halt opened his eyes, and looked around a bit. Everyone was awake, oddly enough. They were, however, on edge, or from what he could see. They almost there? Finally. He yawned, exposing his prideful teeth, and bite down on his knee by mistake. He let go, leaving an imprint, and spat out the blood. Gross. Self-canneblisim. He kept yawning though, feeling tired and out of energy. He wanted meat, and he needed it soon.

"Hey wardens!" he snapped. "When are we getting some damn meat? Besides off your carcasses of course!" he added a last minute threat, as he was perfect fine with killing and slaughtering the warden. The nice one...eh, depended on his appitiate after the first feeding.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Artus Callum, Lyssa Buran & co.

((OOC: Huge post, but read the new Discussion thread on what to post))

"Hey wardens!" A young man yelled. "When are we getting some damn meat? Besides off your carcasses of course!" Artus just looked at him, slightly nervous at what the wardens would say. However, to his surprise, they didn't respond, but rather just gave a rather neutral stare. This guy...his attitude is gonna get him killed one day. Lyssa on the on the other hand, was trying to veer off in her own little world, trying to relieve some of the inner tension.

"Keep your panties on." The warden said to the young man. The carriage stopped moving, causing Artus and LYssa as well as some of the others to shift sideways against the wall. Without speaking, one of the wardens kicked open the carriage doors, revealing a rocky terrain and a burst of cold air to rush in. "Get out, one at a time." Artus hesitated a bit, but one of the wardens quickly jabbed him once again with the end of the spear, hurting him. He groaned in pain, slowly getting out of the carriage. Once out, Artus squinted his eyes from the light. After spending so long in the dimness of the light, his eyes needed to be readjusted. Artus looked around and saw that they were on top of some sort of plateau. The terrain was rocky, with some vegetation here and there, and the sky was a murky grey, covered in clouds. He could also make out a narrow, wooden bridge, that led upwards almost a fortress-like building. It was massive in size, and although hard to see, seemed to be made of out stone. The wardens signalled the group to start walking, following behind one of the wardens.

They had reached the wooden bridge in a matter of mere minutes, where Artus realized there was a river roaring beneath them, that separated the plateau and the prison. Artus stepped on to the bridge, creating a 'creak' noise with every step, trying not to look down. He looked behind him, and saw numerous wardens walking behind the group of prisoners, probably to avoid any runaways. As tempting as it would have been, Artus had no plans to get captured once again. "Alright we're here." The warden said, interrupting his train of thought. Artus took the final step across the bridge, reaching the rocky ground. He looked up and saw a massive stone arch, with huge torches mounted on the tops, spewing out blue flames. The arch itself was light brown in colour, with various carvings in it, with pictures Artus could not depict. He couldn't help but remember seeing a similar arch like the prison's, somewhere in a book. Either way, the facility itself gave off a terrible vibe. The group started to move again, walking past the arch and up ahead to a metal gate that rose up once they had gotten close to it, revealing a part of the inside of the prison.

Maybe I can make a run for it...no, it's too risky... Artus was willing to do whatever to get out this situation, but his heart dropped as soon as they stopped walking. He looked around, and noticed they were standing in a large dome shaped room, with many wardens surrounding them, as well as other prisoners who weren't in the carriage earlier. There were smaller torches mounted around the stone room, still spewing out blue flames.

"Wait, please! We're innocent!" An old man a little ways form Artus started to panic. His hands were chained instead of roped, with another chain attached to his foot, which was longer and dangled around behind him. A warden behind the man walked up to him, bent down, and grabbed the chain, pulling it hard, digging into his skin, and causing the man to trip and fall to the ground. The man cried in pain, as the other prisoners, as well as Artus, watched. The wardens surrounded the prisoners, and grouped them into a circle, and some of them started to chant, as if they were part of of some ritual. ...What's going on? Artus listened to the wardens, as he started to feel dizzy. Suddenly, he saw one by one, prisoners fall to the ground almost as if they were knocked unconscious. Trying to stay awake, he forced open his eyes with all his might, but eventually fell victim to the monotonous chant, toppling down to the tiled floor.

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers
Artus Callum, Halt Drakeson, Alina Nightshade, Remi Olivier

Artus opened his eyes and blinked a few times, trying to get rid of the blurry vision one might get after waking up. His back was hurting slightly, and he soon realized that he was lying down. He slowly got up, trying to massage his back, and getting a look at his surroundings. What the... It appeared he he was in some sort cavern room, with several torches mounted on the sides. It was still dark however, and right ahead of him was a pitch black corridor that most likely led further into the cave. Artus looked at the ground, as saw three other people lying down, who were also from the carriage ride earlier.

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers
Lyssa Buran, Kenna Keyes, Cervantes Reigns, Aaron Sorèl, Henry Woodwick

Lyssa had no clue how she ended up in the cavern, but she was slightly relieved that she ended up in here, instead of being tortured or who knows what else. She got up and stretched out her limbs, and walked up to a corner resting her back up against the rocky wall of the cavernous room. Although she was more of an independent person, she was glad to see several others in the room. It doesn't look like they are awake yet... She looked around the room, and it didn't look pleasing. Moldy rocks, half-lit torches, bunched with plenty of darkness made this place look creepy to her. She peered into the dark corridor that lead out of the room, but instead of going in, she just walked in front of it and stood there neutrally, looking into the darkness.

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Cervantes Reigns
Galvez Prison, underground chamber​

Cervantes quietly woke up, after that strange chant the guards had just performed. Looking at his wrists and ankles, the rope was apparently replaced with chains. Rather redundant, considering that he was already shackled with a collar and shackles, before he was even tied with some rope. Looking around, he found a few others from the carriage, who appeared a bit groggy. Among them was that girl from the carriage, the all tough looking one. She was still not yet fully awake. Shifting his eyes around, Reigns made sure no one was awake. Reaching out, he began to poke her cheek. Reigns giggled a bit, at how her face felt so soft. Having finished messing around, he stood up and looked around.

Dark, no light and grim. How very accommodating. Nothing less expected from a prison. It wasn't better than he imagined. The place almost appeared like the last prison he was placed in, except dirtier. Brushing the dust off his clothes, Reigns noticed one person who had awoken earlier than he did. It was the shy girl. She was looking at a corridor that led out of the room. She wasn't talking to herself, or listening to anything, she was just staring like a blank piece of wood. Having nothing else to do, he approached her.

"Aren't you going in, little miss?" Reigns asked.