• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[RP]

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna Keyes
Underground chamber, Galvez prison

As Aaron slunked away, Reigns following him soon after, Kenna felt a wave of guilt wash over her. She hadn't meant to interrupt him, but with how he and Reigns had acted previously she really didn't think he was going to reply. She looked at Lyssa who was telling the group about where she came from, Barnoble. Kenna had never heard of the place, however, what happened to it afterwards struck quite close to home. She hadn't been in Havnaar for several years, she had heard that it was buffeted and destroyed by harsh storms, but the truth of those words were uncertain.

She looked over at Reigns and Aaron who were still sat on the floor. She knew Lyssa would want to keep moving, yet she still moved over to them. She stood in front of them, just as Aaron revealed the name of where he was from. "I am sorry about interrupting you before, Aaron." she began, offering a warm smile alongside it. "I didn't know if you were going to reply or not, since you reacted so negatively to what Reigns said earlier." Motioning to Reigns, she finished her sentence. From where she was stood she could see the others stood a little bit away from them. She knew they should've been continuing to move, but she didn't want to have an enemy already. She left the too of them sat on the floor, re-joining Henry and Lyssa. "Also, you should learn to ignore him. I imagine he's the type who's full of witty comments!" she shouted back to him from where she was stood.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
OOC: Sorry again for the lack of posts in the week, the next two weeks will be much better.

Halt Drakeson
Galvez Prison, holding chamber

Halt blinked a little, starting to slowly come into concinous from his position of lying against the floor and wall, his back and head against the wall while the rest of his body faced out into the way of the tunnel. His emerald eyes darted around a little as he kept himself into a still position, and from what he could see, at least two others in his chamber were moving around. The tall man he had seen before, in the carriage he believed, and possbly a girl from it. He wasn't one to memorize appearnce of the people, but he could feel that they were with him. Two other woman, older than what seemed like the three of them, were also talking, and from what he could see, one was facing a little into his direction. "The stomach do they want?" thought Halt rudely

"I don't owe you anything. And yet here you are demanding to be shown the way out. See if I were you...I'd maybe want to negotiate, a little bit. Seeing as how we were polite enough not to kill you on the spot. You want information? Let's see what you have to trade." one of the woman flirted to the man said, resting a delicate hand on his shoulder. However, Halt's eyes caught key signs. Her arm seeming a little too rigid, her stance on the balls of her feet, despite the slight flat stance. Even her shoulders seemed tense. She was ready to move and fight. Good.

"If you want my furs" Halt cut in, still not moving but looking directly at them "I suggest you hunt them down yourself. Trade is useless if it doesn't support both side." he notes, and remains still. Let them think he was an easy steal, let them. He shifts his weight around a little to support a suddenly blitz up from his position into a down knee kick. Maybe break something. Halt flicked his eyes back up. "Leaving this place is still the best idea present."

Tixen

Naida Huang
Galvez Prison

To Naida's dismay, the man quickly spotted her. As he turned towards her, she made a mental note to go meditate upon her faults in this situation later, in order to ensure that such insolence on her part did not occur again. Shanya was the one who was good at theft - not herself. But that was for later. Naida cast her eyes upon this man and quickly took in his body language, trying to determine how he was intending to approach the situation. However, his own words and tone quickly made that evident.

"Hey! You were here this whole time?" His voice rose, taking on a slightly aggressive tone as he walked towards her. "I didn't see you with us upstairs on the main floor. But still, I think you can be at least some help to me."

So. That's how he was going to play the game. She thought to herself, eyes narrowing slightly.

She'd dealt with men like this a lot in the pub, and down here even more so. People who thought that they could get whatever they wished by using harsh language, or intimidating gestures. The men at the pub had often used this kind of approach to her, standing tall and leering over her, being intimidating, and also threatening violence directed towards her if she didn't obey their commands. These kind have always particularly irritated her, as often, their aggressiveness was also containing their arrogance, the kind of arrogance which assumed that they were entitled to the extra services that Naida could provide without having to pay her a cent. From experience, the easiest way to deal with such people was to play along with them. You let yourself look intimidated by them - downcast eyes, shifting feet, quickly glancing away from them - but you did not let yourself feel intimidated by them. That way, they never had any reason to be wary of you until you put a knife in their back. It made things so much easier when they never suspected you.

Decision made, Naida shrank away from the man as he approached, and spoke again, "Just tell me where we are exactly, and if you know a way out."

"Well um," she stammered, casting her eyes downwards enough that she appeared submissive, but not so much that would leave her vulnerable to attack, "You're in the underground chambers of Galvez Prison... But you probably already knew tha-"

"Pushy." A familiar voice came from the shadows, and Naida recognized it instantly, not needing to turn her head to see Shanya emerge from the shadows. She caught the pleasant smile the older woman aimed at her, and Naida returned it quickly, then stepped back to allow Shanya room to rampage, metaphorically speaking. Seeing her friend emerge did not surprise her really - Shanya had a habit of being able to find her easily in this place, after all. She watched as her friend offered the man a trade - something she wanted, for the information they sought: the way out.

Naida doubted that Shanya actually knew the way out. If she'd discovered an escape route, she wouldn't have wasted her time and would have probably already fled this place, unless she had some advantageous reason to stay down here. Or, if she was waiting for the perfect moment to escape, Naida doubted that Shanya would let some newcomers go and mess up her plans, and possibly get themselves caught, and have the escape route sealed off. No, this was probably just a ruse in order to gain something off the newbies.

Shanya gestured to Naida, indicating that she should check out the unconscious men laying on the ground for anything of value. As she walked towards them however, one of them came around, the one with the furs. He shifted himself around after he spoke, saying that,

"If you want my furs, I suggest you hunt them down yourself. Trade is useless if it doesn't support both side."

Naida frowned slightly, unsure if she'd misheard him, or misunderstood him. "What Shanya is offering," Naida said, crouching in front of him close enough that she could look for anything valuable, but far away enough to give her a bit of space in case he decided to attack, "is that in return for something of value that we want, she will give you the information you're after. Therefore, both sides gain what they wish." Of course, in practice that may not happen, as Shanya might not have the information, but it sounded good enough theoretically.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Henry Woodwick

Henry watched as everyone got to know one another while they made their way through the dark corridor. From the getgo, it was obvious that this Cervantes guy wasn't the most likeable fellow in the group. Even though, he actually did find the line about him being able to make a good salad funny. Him and that Aaron guy seemed to be at odds. were It was also clear that magic wasn't going to work down here. Mana was blocked, and even if it wasn't he didn't have his wand, or any plantlife to work with. The best he could do now was follow the group and hope everything turned out ok.

Everyone was talking about there life, and why they were here to pass the time. Soon it was Henry turn to talk. "Guess it's my turn to talk now huh? Well, compared to the rest of you, my life isn't all that exciting. I'm from a very small village in the middle of the woods. Flora Village. I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it, it's very sheltered. But, we do have lots of pretty flowers everywhere ya' look! Heh, anyway... we managed to stay out of the war. Everyone knows what's going on, but all anyone is doing is sitting around pretending like nothing is wrong. Hoping the war won't reach us. I can't exactly sit around when people are suffering. Besides, it's kinda boring where I live. Not much to do when I'm not practicing magic. I've never really left home before, so I ran away..." He nervously bit his lip saying that last part. He was sure his family back home was worried about him, even if he did leave a note. "This seemed like a great chance to explore the outside... Aaaand that's pretty much it."

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers
Artus Callum, Halt Drakeson, Alina Nightshade, Remi Olivier, Naida Huang, Shanya Le'murm

"Pushy." A voice literally came out of nowhere, interrupting Artus. Artus cocked his head to the side, watching as a woman came out of the darkness, approaching Artus. She cracked her knuckles and gave a warm smile to someone behind Artus. Artus turned around and saw that one of the girls earlier had woken up. He turned his head back to the woman. He was confused as to what was happening, but he kept quiet. "Listen up, brownie." Brownie? Your skin is darker than mine...and mine isn't even that dark. "I'm only going to say this once. You're out of your element down here. This? This is my turf." She pointed around the caves, and then pointed at her pale friend. "And this? This is my friend. We owe each other a lot, which is the primary reason we're able to co-habitate in this little hellhole. You all?" she said, nodding towards Aruts himself and the other male prisoners behind him. "I don't owe you anything. And yet here you are demanding to be shown the way out. See if I were you...I'd maybe want to negotiate, a little bit. Seeing as how we were polite enough not to kill you on the spot. You want information? Let's see what you have to trade." The woman gently placed her hand on his shoulder. What does she want? I just want to find the way out. "Naida." Shanya said, nodding towards the two men behind Artus. "Go ahead, take a look."

Naida, as the pale woman was called, walked past Artus, who was locked in eye contact with the other woman. "If you want my furs, I suggest you hunt them down yourself. Trade is useless if it doesn't support both side. Leaving this place is still the best idea present." Artus heard one of the others say, while he kept his eyes on the woman in front, thinking of something to say. I don't want to come off as 'pissy', or she may get the wrong idea and attack...

"What Shanya is offering, is that in return for something of value that we want, she will give you the information you're after. Therefore, both sides gain what they wish." Naida said. Artus turned his head to look at Naida, and then at Shanya, as she was referred to by Naida.

"Look, Shanya," Artus grabbed her hand firmly, and slowly lowered it away from his shoulder. "I'm not looking for trouble. I'm not tying to take over your 'turf', or whatever it is you're mad about." Artus turned back to look at other young man who spoke earlier, the girl who was standing a little farther away from him, and the man who was still unconscious. "All I want to know is if you know your way around here. I really don't have anything to put up for trade, but it's like that guy over there said." Artus pointed at Halt. "Getting out of here is the best idea. I'm sure you wanna get out, right? With us together, we have a better chance of getting out." Artus put his hands down to his side from all the gesturing, to show that he wasn't clenching his fists or anything getting ready for some sort of surprise punch. As much as she is annoying me...I think she may be my best bet of getting out of here...however she seems like a sneaky little fox.

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers
Lyssa Buran, Kenna Keyes, Cervantes Reigns, Aaron Sorèl, Henry Woodwick

Aaron ended up getting into a hissy fit over being mean, while Reigns tried to cheer him up. "Come on, Aaron, don't be like that, We're all friends here." Friends? Yeah right. We just happen to be in the same situation. "Is it because I called you underwhelming? How about this, if you tell a bit about yourself, I'll raise that underwhelming status up to... better than intermediate! Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad. It's not the best, but it's slightly better than average. So, what do you say, pal?" Lyssa rolled her eyes, as Aaron agreed.

"I'm from R'lyeh...." Aaron muttered. "You've probably heard of it." Actually I haven't. It's not uncommon to not know about other places. At this point the group had been slowed, and Lyssa wanted to keep moving. Kenna had run over to Reigns and Aaron, which just left Lyssa and Henry for a few seconds, before they came running back.

"Guess it's my turn to talk now huh? Well, compared to the rest of you, my life isn't all that exciting. I'm from a very small village in the middle of the woods. Flora Village. I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it, it's very sheltered. But, we do have lots of pretty flowers everywhere ya' look! Heh, anyway... we managed to stay out of the war. Everyone knows what's going on, but all anyone is doing is sitting around pretending like nothing is wrong. Hoping the war won't reach us. I can't exactly sit around when people are suffering. Besides, it's kinda boring where I live. Not much to do when I'm not practicing magic. I've never really left home before, so I ran away..." He took a small pause. "This seemed like a great chance to explore the outside... Aaaand that's pretty much it."

Lyssa didn't really like the fact that he was nearly here for the hell of it, but the way he said his story, it didn't seem that way. In fact, it was almost like he just caught up in this whole ordeal just like the rest of them. However, similar to Lyssa, he happened to run away because of the boring life back home, which Lyssa admired. "I also ran away from home..." Lyssa spoke. "Except I went away for studies and to get a job, instead of working at the family farm." Lyssa took a small pause. "But now that I think about- " Lyssa was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a low grumble that echoed through the tunnels. Everything went silent for a few seconds. Lyssa looked forward, and amidst the dimness of the glowing fungus, could not see anything. She looked back, and again, nothing out of the ordinary. Crap! Maybe it's too dark to see what that was? Lyssa had several chills that ran down her spine upon hearing the rumble, and turned around to face the group. "Please tell me that it was you who made that rumble, or you know what did make that sound." Suddenly, Lyssa stopped, to hear running sounds coming from up ahead, along with what seemed to be panting. Lyssa stepped backwards, moving in closer to the group for safety, until she saw a figure emerge from the darkness.

"Please! Help us!" Lyssa immediately noticed a woman wearing ragged clothes running towards her, and stopping while holding onto Lyssa's arm. She also noticed a small child, a girl specifically, probably 10 or 11 years old, run near Kenna, holding onto her arm as well.

"Wait, what's going -" Lyssa tried to make sense of what exactly was going on here, until the woman holding onto her pointed in front of the group, and saw two figures emerge from the darkness ahead. Lyssa took steps backwards, with the woman still holding on, and caught a glimpse of the figures. It was two men, both holding what seemed rocks in their hands.

"Tell the woman and girl to hand over the bag and we'll leave you alone!" One of the men spoke. They were wearing ragged clothes as well, both with short black hair, with dirt all over their faces. They held small, but sharp looking rocks, and waved them around as if they were ready to attack someone.

"I have no clue what you want from them, but..." Lyssa hesitated a bit before saying something rash. "...But you better go away!" She stepped backwards a tiny bit, and looked at Kenna and nodded, making sure she was able to keep the small girl safe.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aaron Sorèl
Dark moisty cave

"I am sorry about interrupting you before, Aaron." Kenna said as she came over to the dark corner of guilt and sadness. "I didn't know if you were going to reply or not, since you reacted so negatively to what Reigns said earlier." She continued With a warm smile. Aaron liked her. she seemed like a good person, and he felt bad for snapping like he had done earlier. "Also, you should learn to ignore him. I imagine he's the type who's full of witty comments!" she said as she left them to og back to another member of their little Group.

"Guess it's my turn to talk now huh? Well, compared to the rest of you, my life isn't all that exciting. I'm from a very small village in the middle of the woods. Flora Village. I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it, it's very sheltered. But, we do have lots of pretty flowers everywhere ya' look! Heh, anyway... we managed to stay out of the war. Everyone knows what's going on, but all anyone is doing is sitting around pretending like nothing is wrong. Hoping the war won't reach us. I can't exactly sit around when people are suffering. Besides, it's kinda boring where I live. Not much to do when I'm not practicing magic. I've never really left home before, so I ran away..."

This was the guy Kenna went over to who was speaking. Aaron think his name was Henry or something, from an earlier conversation.

"This seemed like a great chance to explore the outside... Aaaand that's pretty much it."

So.. He was just a guy who wanted to explore the world, eh? How do you end up in jail for that?

"I also ran away from home..." Lyssa started, sounding a bit shy as she spoke.
"Except I went away for studies and to get a job, instead of working at the family farm." she continued before taking a short break, probably figuring out how to say whatever she was thinking of.
"But now that I think about- "she continued, but was interrupted by a low rumble from the dark distance. "Please tell me that it was you who made that rumble, or you know what did make that sound." she said, sounding very scared.

In the distance, Aaron could see the figures of two People running in their direction. The dark was no hinder for him, and he could see very well in it.

"Please! Help us!" A woman in filthy clothing dragging along her a.. child. Ugh.. Aaron disliked kids, he really did, and he frowned at the sight of the youngster

"Wait, what's going -" Lyssa statred, as the woman grabbed her arm, using her as some sort of Shield. out of the darkness came two men in the same kind of worn out clothing, holding rocks. What sort of sick twisted game were they playing? And was it room for one moer? running like that seemed like fun!

"Tell the woman and girl to hand over the bag and we'll leave you alone!" the men said, acting all intimidating like Cavemen. What would prisoners do With bags Down here anyway? their hair was messy, and they were all dirty, yet they did have a very appealing physique, and Aaron couldn't help himself but to stare just a bit longer than he probably needed

"I have no clue what you want from them, but..." Lyssa said. she seemed a bit hesitant when speaking. it was obvious she didn't want to do anything rash. "...But you better go away!" Wow.... hardcore!

Lyssa stepped a few feet back, nodding to Kenna, probably something about protecting that vexing child. It appeared they were all going to engage in a fight against the two guys

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Drakeson
Holding cave chamber

"What Shanya is offering," the girl said, crouching in front of him close enough that she could...search his body, possibly, but at least remain out of his range and a sudden rush, "is that in return for something of value that we want, she will give you the information you're after. Therefore, both sides gain what they wish."

Halt had a few commments about that, mostly involving a few nasty remarks about their smell, when the other man, the one actually standing like a man, points to his large, started to try and negotionate. Halt wished he would be a bit better in this regard, but he liked his flesh too much. He knashed his teeth a little, looking the wall.

"Getting out of here is the best idea. I'm sure you wanna get out, right? With us together, we have a better chance of getting out." the man put his hands down to his side from all the gesturing, to show that he wasn't clenching his fists or anything getting ready for some sort of surprise punch.

Halt rolled his shoulders, and sat up into a cross legged position. He rolled his shoulders around a little, and drew a small symbol. Nothing happened, so magic wasn't able to be used in here. That wasn't too bad, just bothersome. He looked over the two women careful, keeping a keen eye on their muscles, stances, general feel, how they talked, moved, everything he could gleam. It was a benefit to hunt then, for him. He reached under his white poncho, and felt around. His necklace was gone, but her kept his hand up there. "Let's see if I can at least try to scare them a little, make them think I still have a weapon around." he thought.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Ooc - On my tablet so I can't copy quotes...

Kenna Keyes

Kenna lifted her head, as Henry spoke about his village. It was nice to see him getting more involved in the discussions. Still, it annoyed her how he still thought of this as some sort of adventure. She looked over at Lyssa, who also had a similar distasteful look on her face. Lyssa then went on to talk about how she had also ran away from home. They both shared similar pasts, but they had such different personalities. As Lyssa was about to speak once again, two people ran out from the darkness ahead.

It was a woman and a young girl, probably around 10 or 11. Like the group they too were dressed in rags. The woman grabbed on to Lyssa's arm for protection whilst the young girl grabbed ahold of Kenna's. Kenna removed her arm from thegirls grasp, before wrapping her arm around her and pulling her closer to her body.

Two men, also dressed in rags, stumbled out of the darkness. They were both clutching rocks and promised to leave them all alone, so long as they had something which they posessed. Lyssa spoke up, defending the woman and child. Kenna was given a look as she continued to defend them. Kenna could feel the girl trembling beside and gave her a squeeze. There was no way they were going to hurt these people!

Last edited:

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Cervantes Reigns
Galvez Prison, underground chamber​

Reigns stepped in front of the group. The two men were larger than him and were equipped. If Reigns were just some ordinary bystander, the odds of him getting beaten to death were highly probably. However, he wasn't just some ordinary person. None of the members in the group were. If any of them could use their magic, this would end up as a slaughter, rather than a battle. However, Reigns wasn't too bothered by it. His muscles were feeling a little tense and now it was time to go all out for a while.

"Hey, you two wouldn't happen to know a way out of here, now would you?" Reigns asked. "This place is so dark and large and judging by your smell, we could be stuck here for months, or even years!"

"Looks like we've got a joker with us," one of the thugs said, approaching. "You know what? How about we bash your brains out, before taking those two!"

One launched out and threw his fist at Reigns' cheek. Reigns flew off his feet and landed back at the group. Reigns stayed on the floor and stared at the non-visible ceiling for a while.

"Now, hold still, this will hurt a lot," the thug said, raising the stone above his head.

But before he could land a blow, Reigns stood right back up and planted his face right into the thug's, with their eyes beaming directly a few inches from one another. Though Reigns was right in front of him, the man stood still, unable to attack. His entire body suddenly went stiff. Was this magic? No, the nullifiers were still on and Reigns had no such ability to manipulate the body, or none that he was aware of, at least. However, there was a feral glint in Reigns' eyes that told the thug to back off.

"Was that all?" Reigns asked with a disappointed smile. "I feel sorry for both of you. This prison is meant for the toughest, yet you both were thrown right here. Honestly, neither of you seem special enough to be here."

"Shut up!" the thug said, reclaiming his strength for an attack.

Reigns stepped aside and made the thug trip to the floor.

"Why you, little-!"

Before the other thug could finish, Reigns locked his face against his as well. Again, their eyes locked and the thug froze with shock. "Hmm... you don't seem to be all that special either," Reigns said, as he tilted his head. "Or perhaps this is the effects of this prison. Turning what was once proud men, into pitiful and pathetic losers. You have my deepest sympathies."

"I'll kill you!" the man roared for an attack.

Reigns ducked down and rammed his head against the thug's stomach. The thug took a few steps back, not too injured. His partner stood back up and they regrouped together. As for Reigns, he gave a depressed sigh and hopped back to the others.

"They're boring," said Reigns, as he sat cross-legged. "Oi, leader, shrub, better than most dark-users, you guys handle them!"

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Shanya Le'murm
Galvez Caves

Shanya drew a somewhat disgruntled look on her face as Artus grabbed her hand and forced it away. She yanked it out of his grasp, fighting the temptation to instead put him in a wrist-lock and send him to the floor. When the oaf in the furs started babbling, Shanya just gave him a confused look. Is this guy a little touched or what? Whatever. She had more important things to attend to; like making this guy in front of her feel like an idiot so that she had the upper hand in their negotiations.

"There you go again, with saying 'get out of here'. What 'here' are you talking about? Because the door is right over there, if you're talking about this room. If you're talking about the caves, then yeah, they let us up from time to time. I could show you where that is. But if you're talking about the prison altogether? Then you're even more naïve than I thought." she said, a condescending grin on her face. She turned back to look at the quiet girl by the torch and over at Naida. Right now, it was her personal priority that those two remained safe, and preferably as far away from this oaf and his toothy psycho friend as possible.

"You think you're the first people to come into the prison immediately looking for a way out? You think it's gonna be as simple as finding some kind of dark passage way or unused door? People have spent years down here looking for that kind of crap. Ain't nothing down here but shrooms, rocks, spiders, and a whole bunch of savages." she said, gesturing about them with one hand on her hip.

"But let's get back on topic; yeah. I can show you the way out of the caves, at least. Whether you wanna make a break for the walls after that? Well...good luck. Just one thing." Shanya said, raising a finger, and then pointing it at Alina.

"She sticks with us. I don't want her getting wrapped up in whatever kind of suicide mission you have planned."

Tixen

Naida Huang
Galvez Prison

The Man-In-Furs seemed to bite back a retort, and turned his head to look at the wall. Behind her, Naida could hear the conversation of the other conscious man and Shanya. Noting that her friend would probably be better at negotiating due to her rather bold nature, Naida was content to leave her to it, just hoping that she didn't do or say something to provoke the other man. Her attention was then called back when the furred man spoke again,

"Getting out of here is the best idea. I'm sure you wanna get out, right? With us together, we have a better chance of getting out."

He wasn't wrong in that statement - Naida desperately wanted to get out of the prison as well. Having realized the fate of those who remained here for too long, she wanted out while her sanity was still in-tack, and she didn't have a strong desire to kill Shanya for her rations or something else horrible like that. And it wasn't for a lack of trying either - for weeks after she'd first arrived, she'd taken the time to go over every chamber she could get to, every hallway, for something, anything, that would assist her in her escape. It was almost habitual now, searching for a way out, as she tended to run her hands over the walls of the corridors, straining her ears for not only the sound of other people, but also in case there was a tiny click of some kind of secret passageway. She'd always known that she would never find such a thing, as secret passageways out of prisons were a creation of fiction, but that hadn't stopped her from hoping.

"Of course I want out..." She murmured, "I don't know anyone who would want to live out their life in such a hellhole..."

Naida's blood red eyes flicked upwards to focus upon the man in fur again as he shifted around, so he was sitting cross legged. She also noted that he attempted to draw a symbol on the ground, appearing to be too detailed to be just simple scribbling aimlessly. Another possible magic user? Naida thought it could be quite possible that he was, but that wasn't certain of course. But it caused her brow to furrow. A fair number of the people here also had magical abilities of some description, and it was usually these people who were not entirely sure why they'd been thrown into prison. She could relate to that feeling well, because while she could guess at why she'd been thrown down here, nobody had bothered to confirm with her what her crime was, and Naida half doubted that simply resembling a demon in some ancient folk tale was enough to get her thrown into Galvez. It was something to keep in mind.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers
Artus Callum, Halt Drakeson, Alina Nightshade, Remi Olivier, Naida Huang, Shanya Le'murm

"There you go again, with saying 'get out of here'. What 'here' are you talking about? Because the door is right over there," Artus looked up to the ceiling and saw that it was pitch black, but noticeable that it extended a long ways up in this particular room. It was obvious they were dropped into the prison somehow. "...if you're talking about this room. If you're talking about the caves, then yeah, they let us up from time to time. I could show you where that is. But if you're talking about the prison altogether? Then you're even more naïve than I thought." She ended, looking at the two girls behind Artus. She took a brief pause before talking again. "You think you're the first people to come into the prison immediately looking for a way out? You think it's gonna be as simple as finding some kind of dark passage way or unused door? People have spent years down here looking for that kind of crap. Ain't nothing down here but shrooms, rocks, spiders, and a whole bunch of savages." Shanya said putting a hand on her hip. "But let's get back on topic; yeah. I can show you the way out of the caves, at least. Whether you wanna make a break for the walls after that? Well...good luck. Just one thing." Shanya said, raising a finger, and then pointing it at Alina. "She sticks with us. I don't want her getting wrapped up in whatever kind of suicide mission you have planned."

Artus turned to see what Shanya was pointing at. She wants the girl? "You do what you want with her." Artus said, looking at the girl behind him. "I don't know who she is, but you do what you need to do. As long as we have an understanding, then I'm good." Artus looked at Shanya, and then turned behind him to look at the young man with the furs. It looks like the boys have got to stick together...figures you can't trust women. To Artus, this Shanya just seemed to be some sort of con-artist that hated men for some reason. "Also, you sure you know the way out?"

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers

Lyssa held onto the woman, as they retreated back. She glanced at Kenna and noticed she was also holding onto to what Lyssa assumed to be, was her child. Lyssa observed as Reigns was the first to attack the thugs, however, he was knocked clean off his feet with a flying fist from one of the goons. Lyssa wanted to jump in, but soon saw that Reigns was able to get back up, and give a headbutt to the man, rendering him stiff and unable to attack. Reigns said something that seemed to provoke the other man.

"I'll kill you!" He said, holding up the stone readying for an attack. Reigns once again rammed his head, this time hitting the stomach, knocking him back a few steps. His partner also recuperated from attack and were slowly walking towards the group. Reigns walked back to the group, seemingly asking for help. Boring? Hardly likely. You were knocked off your feet a few moments ago. One of the goons suddenly threw the rock towards the group, narrowly passing them. He bent down to pick up another rock and threw it once again, this time hitting the woman holding onto Lyssa, on her hand.

"Owww!" She clasped her hand, and kneeled to the ground in pain. Lyssa looked as blood was starting to be visible trickling down the woman's hand.

"Hey are you - " Lyssa was trying to see if the woman was badly hurt, until one of the men suddenly starting to run towards Lyssa and the woman, swinging his arms with rock in hand. Crap! Lyssa dodged, as the man swung horizontally, and she followed up with a swift kick to the knees, causing the man fall and kneel on one leg. Now, Lyssa was no powerhouse, but she did have some knowledge in self defense, so she could pack a punch when needed.

"Damn it..." The man said, in a slight weak voice trying to get up. He was probably already injured from Reigns attack, so disabling him from walking for a bit was sure to do something. Suddenly, Lyssa was blindsighted with the other man grabbing her from the side and viciously throwing her to the ground. She squealed quickly before the man picked her up. She felt the world flip upside down as she hit the ground with thud, hurting the side of her body. She lay there in pain, unable to get up.

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna Keyes

Reigns was the first to attempt to attack the men. He put up a good fight, but quickly gave up, deeming the event 'boring'. Kenna rolled her eyes at how unhelpful that statement was. The second man, who hadn't been taken down by Reigns was now hurling rocks at the group. The first one narrowly missed the group but the second one caught the woman on the hand causing her to call out in pain. "Mommy!" the little girl beside Kenna screamed, attempting to run closer to her mother. Kenna pulled her back, shaking her head to show that it was a bad idea.

"Hey are you - " Lyssa was asking the womn who was refusing to let her see her injured hand. She was cut off by the other goon coming towards the tow of them, arms swinging wildly. As the man swung horizontally, Lyssa dodged following up with a swift kick to his knees. The man fell to one knee, groaning in pain as he attempted to stand. Kenna was impressed with Lyssa's sudden strength, especially considering how nervous she had been earlier. Suddenly, the other man, who Kenna had not noticed making his towards them, knocked Lyssa to the ground. Kenna watched as he picked her up and threw her to the ground once more, almost as if she was some sort of ragdoll. Unsure as to what to do next, Kenna remained silent. The man who Lyssa had kicked was struggling to move so he wouldn't be much of a problem. Kenna could see the other man looking for another rock, most likely to hurl at the group and since the men were mainly just stood around she knew she had to do something,

As she moved, the little girl tugged back at her dress. "Don't..." she whimpered, looking up at Kenna. She sighed a little, removing the girls hand and nudging her in the direction of her mother. The little girl was a tentative in her movements but quickly scurried to her mother. As Kenna turned, the man who had been looking for a rock had finally found one and was now racing towards her with alarming speed. As he raised his hand, Kenna covered her face with her arms. It was a stupid move on Kenna's behalf, as she still had time to duck. The rock cut into Kenna's arm, as the man swung the rock downwards. He dropped the rock and gave Kenna a slight shove, causing her to stumble backwards. She clutched her arm, as blood started to pour. It hurt a lot and Kenna knew when they got outside she would have to heal herself and any other injuries the group succumbed to. The man came towards Kenna, grinning as he did so. He probably had the intention of throwing Kenna to the floor like he had done to Lyssa. "Didn't your parents ever teach you about hitting a lady?!" Kenna yelled in his face, kicking him in the groin as the word 'lady' fell out of her mouth.

He fell to his knees which gave Kenna the chance to move closer to Lyssa. "Help me move her!" she yelled back at the group.

Last edited:

The Burnt Shadow

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Cervantes Reigns
Galvez Prison, underground chamber​

Reigns walked over to one of the thugs. Neither of the two were dead, just unconscious. They were so weak and pitiful, practically nothing to worry about. This prison was either a huge fraud, OR the prison's so tough that it can put powerful people down for the count. Then again, Reigns didn't really know either of the two, nor did they seem all that strong and recognizable, by power standards.

"WEAK!" Reigns cringed, with his eyes popping wide open. "You're both so slow, compared to the many soldiers who I spent much time with. They were so awesome and strong! I almost envy them."

Turning around, Reigns turned to the woman who had been knocked. She was bleeding quite profusely. Her daughter knelt beside her mother, checking her condition. Tearing off a piece of cloth from one of the unconscious thugs, Reigns began to clean the bleeding and bandaged the woman's head a little. She was still bleeding, but at least it was being held for a while.

"Thank you," the woman weakly said.

"No problem," Reigns said, as he placed the woman's hand on his forehead. "May the holy light watch over you."

Reigns then suddenly remembered their shy leader, Lyssa. She was on the ground, barely able to move. Reigns was also a wee bit disappointed with Lyssa. While she did show prowess, he didn't expect her to be knocked on the ground so easily. She was injured, but it didn't appear like anything that she could walk off.

"And giddy up, little miss!" Reigns said, as he hopped Lyssa on his back. She was taller than him, so it looked a little strange seeing her receive a piggy-back ride from him. As Lyssa lay on Reigns' back, Reigns' eyes jolted wide open with shock and he suddenly barked out aloud. "SMALL!"

His words echoed and traveled quite a distance through the halls. A few ears must have heard it. Reigns blushed a bit, realizing what he had just announced. However, his grin still persisted.

"Whoops, sorry about that, leader," Reigns grinned. "Err... maybe we should move on, for a while. Um, Aaron doesn't look too comfortable with kids, so I guess he and Kenna should handle the mother, while the shrub watches over the kid. But before we go, is there any place that can be considered even remotely okay to be in?"

Reigns directed his question to both the daughter and mother.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aaron Sorèl
Between Farrah Abrahams legs​

The fight wasn't really long. The men assaulted the small gruop, still wanting the woman and that ghastly looking child. Reigns was the first one to take action towards the assaulters, so Aaron could basically just stand a few feet away, simply observing the Whole Battle. He didn't feel confident enough in his fighting skills without his daggers and Magic.

Without really understanding how the events happened, somehow, Lyssa was badly hurt, and was on the ground, the wmoan was bleeding, and the child was still just nasty. Aaron rushed over to the woman, poking her With his finger while trying to Wake her up.

"WEAK!" Aaron heard Reigns say, and for a moment, he thought he was reffering to Aaron. He did, however not do that. "You're both so slow, compared to the many soldiers who I spent much time with. They were so awesome and strong! I almost envy them." This guy have a weird sense of humor..

After the Battlefield grew silent again, reigns walked over to where Aaron was With the woman. Aarno stopped poking her as Reigns checked in on her before ripping a piece of one of the assaulters shirt trying to stop her bleeding. The assaulter looked pretty darn good in Aarons eyes, but this wasn't really the Place nor time to check out guys..

"Thank you," the woman said to reigns, probably not noticing aarnos prescence. "No problem," Reigns answered before putting his hand on her forehead, saying something like: "May the holy light watch over you." Blech.. Light Magic stuff.

"And giddy up, little miss!" Reigns said to Lyssa where she was on the ground in pain. Somehow Aaron expected more of the self proclaimed leader of the Group. He carried her on his back for a while, looking pretty hilarious in the process.

"SMALL!" Reigns then suddenly barked, out of nowhere, and the awkward silence that followed was just.. awkward. Aaron coughed a wee bit to break the silence.

"Whoops, sorry about that, leader," reigns said cheerfully. "Err... maybe we should move on, for a while. Um, Aaron doesn't look too comfortable with kids, so I guess he and Kenna should handle the mother, while the shrub watches over the kid. But before we go, is there any place that can be considered even remotely okay to be in?" he then continued.

"Sounds like a good plan" Aaron said, casting a grudgeful look at the child, making her hide behind her mother.

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
ooc - Was going to wait to post this. Sorry for shortness.

Kenna Keyes

Kenna stood weakly and moved over to wear Aaron and the others were stood. Her arm was still bleeding, just not as heavy as it had been. Reigns had lifted Lyssa onto his back, putting him in a uncomfortable yet hilarious looking position. Reign went on to suggest that Henry looked after the mother whislt she and Aaron looked after the mother. She was fine with that, but the little girl looked a little uncertain. Of course, Aaron wasn't helping by glaring at her. Kenna nudged him in a attempt to stop him from scaring the young child. "Knock it off." she warned, stepping in between the two of them. The girl flashed her a grateful smile, before scurrying over to Henry.

As she was ushering the woman over to her and Aaron, she noticed Kenna's injured arm. "You're hurt." she observed, staring Kenna in the eyes. Kenna shook her head in protest but the woman reached down for Kenna's dress and tore a strip of fabric off. Kenna held out her arm whilst the woman carefully wrapped the fabric around her arm. It remained clean for a moment, before the blood eventually started to seep through. "Thank you, that was very kind." Kenna responded, touching the woman's shoulder. At that moment Reigns directed a question over at the mother and daughter.

As Kenna waited for the response, she gave her arm a gentle rub. She didn't see how knowing where places to hide would be of any value to the group. However, if they got attacked again it would be nice to be in a place where they would be remotely safe.

Last edited:

Zena

Wolf Minded Trainer
Alina Nightshade
Galvez Prison, Underground chambers

Although Alina had frozen in her fear when the woman, Shanya suddenly walked from the wall near the torch. She was also able to relax a bit after seeing the woman smile to her. "Maybe people here won't be so bad after all." Afterward, Alina decided to keep her ears on the conversations that had ensued after. The wolf man. Or rather the man in furs had woken up. Alina couldn't help but smile a little at one of his statements about his furs.

"I suggest you hunt them down yourself."

Alina then decided to avert her focus back to Shanya and the other man that was on the carriage with her. Both of them, to Alina seemed tense. Though she wasn't very good at discerning body language. Seeing as she never really spent time with other people before all of this. Save for her father of course. Then she remembered that the guards took the book she had before she was taken away. "I wonder where it is.." She shook her head, this kind of thinking can be done later.

"I'm sure you wanna get out, right? With us together, we have a better chance of getting out."

The guy had a point there. Usually in books people would band together and get out of a situation. But this wasn't a book it was real life. Though the thought was still considerable. Alina pulled off her hood, and decided to run her fingers through her hair as she listened.

"You think you're the first people to come into the prison immediately looking for a way out? You think it's gonna be as simple as finding some kind of dark passage way or unused door? People have spent years down here looking for that kind of crap. Ain't nothing down here but shrooms, rocks, spiders, and a whole bunch of savages."

"Maybe they didn't look in the right places." Alina shook her head at this thought too. Like the others she wanted to get out. However. If there was no exit. Then what? How do the people get fed down here. Do they eat the rocks, fungi and spiders? Or do the guards eventually give out rations. Alina had no clue her books don't usually get down to these kinds of details. Alina then saw Shanya point a finger at her.

"She sticks with us. I don't want her getting wrapped up in whatever kind of suicide mission you have planned."

Alina's face paled a bit. she had hoped that the others would just ignore her to her own devices. But it seems that wouldn't be the case here.

"You do what you want with her." The man had said while looking at her. Then he continued.
"I don't know who she is, but you do what you need to do. As long as we have an understanding, then I'm good."

Alina watched the man look back at Shanya and she allowed herself a small sigh. "Guys aren't all that reliable.. Just like in my books.." Though, the man did have a point. He didn't know who she was, nor did she know him. Or the wolf man. But they did get stuck in this together. So it would make sense to stay that way. Then again, what did she know? Frankly she was a little glad she didn't have to make any decisions herself. "Might as well go the way shadows go. And just follow along." And with that thought, she pulled back on her hood. She was still scared, might as well do her best to hide it.

AJ2000

Galvez Prison
Underground Chambers

"Didn't your parents ever teach you about hitting a lady?!" Lyssa lay on the ground, trying her hardest not to close her eyes. She was feeling like she would pass out, but she tried to keep her eyes open. She saw Kenna give one of the men a groin kick, knocking him down, before Kenna ran over to Lyssa. Huh? What's she doing...? "Help me move her!" She heard Kenna say. Lyssa rolled over in embarrassment, and closed her eyes. I don't need help, I'll get up on my own...

"And giddy up, little miss!" Suddenly, Lyssa could feel her body being hoisted up, and against someone's back. It was Reigns. "W-wait..." She murmured. She tried to speak up, but was getting flustered by his actions, and after a few seconds, he made a comment about what she assumed to be, her breasts. Lyssa blushed and opened her eyes slightly. This idiot...lucky I don't knock his brains out... "Whoops, sorry about that, leader, Err... maybe we should move on, for a while. Um, Aaron doesn't look too comfortable with kids, so I guess he and Kenna should handle the mother, while the shrub watches over the kid. But before we go, is there any place that can be considered even remotely okay to be in?" Reigns directed the question towards the mother and child. Aaron agreed with the plan, however, Lyssa could see that he attempted to scare the child.

"Knock it off." Kenna gave a nice, firm command to Aaron, while stepping in to allow the child to run over to Henry. Kenna wad then approached by the mother, who helped wrap Kenna's wound from the earlier scuffle. Lyssa opened her eyes a little more, and looked at the mother.

"...So...How did you guys end up in here?" Lyssa murmured slightly, but started to spoke a little more clearly.

The mother looked at her. "Thank you for saving us..." She frowned. "As to how we ended up in here...well there's a little story behind it." She cleared her throat. "You see, we come from a small village located west from here...things are hard to come by, ever since the war started. My husband would work hard to keep food on the table." She took a pause. "Now, my husband has a shop where he sells various items...and one day a man came in wanting to sell some sort of jar." A jar? Lyssa found it odd that someone would be selling just a regular jar. "But it was inside the jar that was apparently valuable. My husband said that he didn't even know something like it existed, so he immediately bought it. And then everything went downhill from there. We were raided for it by Diaz's men, and they also terrorized the town for some reason. After that, my family and I were sent here and we've been here ever since." The mother stopped talking for a few seconds. ...This is an odd story. Why would they be here over a jar? "It's been a good several months...food is scarce here. The only thing edible is those mushrooms, and puddles of water that seep through from the river below."

Lyssa widened her eyes, and pushed herself off of Reigns' back. She landed on her feet, but kneeled for a few seconds out of pain in her left shin. Owww... "...Well then," She rubbed her shin. "we plan to get out of here. I think if anything, you two should come along." Lyssa smiled, and the woman gave a smile back and nodding as a sign of respect and saying thank you. "Alright then...let's get a move on." Lyssa stretched out her leg, and started to limp forwards, but after a few steps she started to walk normally, into the darkness of the caves. She looked back slightly towards the group, but quickly turned her head forwards. "Also, Reigns...don't do that again."

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Shanya Le'Murm
Galvez Underground

Shanya scoffed as Artus agreed to letting her take care of the other, quiet girl. "Typical. Should've known she wouldn't be safe with you, seeing as how you're just fine with trading her like an un-branded cattle. Guess I'm just glad she came our way, instead of into the hands of some greedy, unseemly guard." Shanya said, turning on her heel and motioning for the others to follow. She took Alina by the hand and pulled her along, talking quietly into her ear. Her voice lost its harsh edge, and took on an almost motherly tone.

"And you, sweetie, you can't let yourself get traded around like that. If you let people see fit to own you, they'll be more'n happy to." she said, patting her on the back.

"The trap-door down into this place isn't too far away from here, but the tunnels were cut like a maze, so just stay close, alright?" Shanya said, plucking the torch Alina had been standing next to out of its sconce and leading the way. She gestured to a nearby skeleton.

"Keep an eye out for trouble. Remember, the more naked and dirty they are, the deadlier they get. Naida, keep an eye on the rear, would you?" Shanya called back. It crossed her mind that she hadn't bothered to think about the man who was still passed out on the ground before marching out of the room, but then again, it wasn't her problem to deal with. He seemed like a big guy who could take care of himself.

Assuming nobody came by and ate his legs.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna Keyes
Underground chamber, Galves prison

"...So...How did you guys end up in here?" Lyssa suddenly spoke, causing Kenna to jump properly. She looked a bit drained but otherwise she seemed unscathed. Kenna noticed that the question was directed to the mother and child and patiently waited whilst they gave their response.

At first, the woman thanked the group for saving her and her daughter but after clearing her throat she began to speak. "You see, we come from a small village located west from here...things are hard to come by, ever since the war started. My husband would work hard to keep food on the table." The woman paused. Kenna noted that the woman must've came from the same sort of area as hereself. "Now, my husband has a shop where he sells various items...and one day a man came in wanting to sell some sort of jar." Kenna raised an eyebrow, quizzically. She wondered why the man would want to sell such a normal sounding jar. "But it was inside the jar that was apparently valuable. My husband said that he didn't even know something like it existed, so he immediately bought it. And then everything went downhill from there. We were raided for it by Diaz's men, and they also terrorized the town for some reason. After that, my family and I were sent here and we've been here ever since." Once again the woman paused. "It's been a good several months...food is scarce here. The only thing edible is those mushrooms, and puddles of water that seep through from the river below."

As she finished the story, Kenna could see the confusion on the faces of the members of the group. She herself began to wonder what exactly was in the jar. It did, afterall sound a bit silly. Lyssa dismounted herself from Reigns' back, grunting as her feet hit the floor. She explained to the woman about how the group were planning on escaping and suggested that the woman tagged along. The woman agreed, and Lyssa moved forward urging the group to once again move. She limped at first but slowly she got into more of a normal stride. She turned back to look at them, attention mainly focused at Reigns. "Also, Reigns...don't do that again."

Kenna couldn't help but chuckle at that, she raised a hand to her mouth to make it seem less obvious.