• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

☆The DreamWorld Gallery (now with tutorial)☆

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥

☆ For a while I have been making these "dream world splices" and have been trying to spread it until it is something common (I have never seen one until I started... I would like to consider myself the founder in basic terms).

☆ They are just like normal spriting but a little more complex... the dream world spriting can include splicing, recolours and shines (since there is no such thing as a DW shiny sprite).

☆ I have noticed a lot of people have been following the shiny and recolor sides of DW spriting but i have seen very few people having a go at actual splicing... I would like to make this thread for spriters to have a go and post their attempts at DW spriting.

-------------------------------------------------------

☆ Here are some examples of what I have done… o will add more as i get new ideas...

☆Recolours☆
PPLmeowth.png
Absol.png

☆Fusions☆
charichomp.png
Murkrow-Z.png

☆Nightmares☆
Tepig.png
Shaymin.png

☆Just a Little of Random☆
volCORONA.png

(Its VolCorona Extra)

☆ Don’t have Photoshop??? Don’t worry, neither do I… I have never used Photoshop in my life and all of these where done on MS Paint… the main thing that you need for this is a reliable sprite resource that can give you very good quality DWs as it makes things so much easier.

☆ Not get the result you wanted… don’t worry, it does take some practice. The main thing that you need to understand is that DWs often have unusual sprites and some of them just won’t go together the way you want them too… have a good hard look at the sprites that you want to put together and try and find a way they will work (since the sizes are a little funny I recommend that you avoid trying to fuse Pokémon like Weedle and Steelix)

☆The Tutorial☆
☆OMG i actually put it up finally☆

☆Prerequisites☆
- You must already have basic spriting knowledge.
- You must have a reliable resource for good quality DW sprites (the only one that I have found is PLDH.net)
- You don’t need Photoshop or any similar programs… I always have and always will do these in MS Paint
- I will add more if I can think of them

☆Sizes☆
DWs Often have very Unusual sizes… this can make it difficult to fuse certain Pokémon. If you have to fuse these Pokémon of different sizes your best option would be to use the larger Pokémon as the base as to not ruin the quality of the sprites as badly (basically what I’m saying is that resizing stuffs up the quality of the sprites regardless… so try and use Pokémon that would be roughly the same sizes… Not Weedle and Steelix, unless you really must o_O).
Sizes.png

☆Choose your Pokémon☆
First up you have to choose the Pokémon that you want to use, whether it is for a shop, practice, you just feel like doing one or in my case for this tutorial… I have chosen Umbreon and Crobat (2 of my favorite gen 2 Pokémon)… be Shure to keep sizes in mind, as you can see crobat is much bigger than Umbreon.
Chooseyourpokemon.png

☆The Pieces you Want☆
Look at the 2 chosen Pokémon and think of ways you can put them together that isn’t too far past your skill level... once you have thought of remove the parts that you need to use… in my case I have chosen to take the main features of Crobat and add them to Umbreon for a kind of Flying type Eeveeloution… when choosing your parts I recommend that you use the Pokémon with the less distinctive features (i.e. Without major wings, long tails, big ears, horns, etc.) as your base, making it a bit easier to put together.
ThePeicesyouwant.png

☆Putting them Together☆
This is where you bring in your basic spriting knowledge to put the chosen parts together… and just like spriting you will find that some parts simply won’t work, as you can see with mine, Crobat’s teeth didn’t fit onto Umbreon’s head in a way that I found desirable, nor did I find I nice way to put in the 2nd tail piece either so I left those things out (again I don’t recommend resizing as it reduces the quality of the images).
Puttingthemtogether.png

☆Recoloring☆
This is probably the easiest step… use the colour grab tool to replicate the colours of the Pokémon that you want and the fill in tool to just smash it into the areas that you want… I have done a combination of both Crobat and Umbreon’s colours into my fusion.
Recolouring.png

☆The Final Touches☆
OMG what’s with those ugly lines around the edges… that’s normal because you are up to the most time consuming and boring part, because pixel by pixel you must go in and get rid of those lines around the edges as well as touch up rouge lines and very scratchy looking parts (this last step is basically where you need to take the most care)… as you can see with mine I have fixed up the edges as well as the eye that poked out a little too much and the tail.
CHEAT ALERT!: A way to reduce the time it takes to do this final step instead of using 100 different shades of the same yellow to get the recolour perfect just use the main 2 for each colour (the main and the shadow shade) I often find that’s all you need anyway… this proves very efficient especially if you use in in your graphics shop.
thefinaltouches.png

☆The Finished Product☆
What is this!!! I don’t even!!! OMG it’s finally over *sighs*
But you put so much effort in why stop when it’s finished… DW fusions look great in banners, sigs, wallpapers and icons… I’ve just put mine in a cave with a bit of colour for lazy’s sake but the options are limitless, especially for an artist like yourself ^_^.
thefinishedproduct.png

Crobreon Hates me ;-;

attackofthesoltik.png

Last edited:
Your Dream World fusions are pretty nifty, draya~ My only complaint is the few color parts that are left behind. An example! This has some blue around the edges so in the future, make sure you don't have some left over colors.

Another thing is that you might want to make sure they look smooth but I'm definitely going to try out that tutorial! Thank you for posting it too. :D

Your creations are also funny so great job and hope you're willing to share more with us!

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
Your Dream World fusions are pretty nifty, draya~ My only complaint is the few color parts that are left behind. An example! This has some blue around the edges so in the future, make sure you don't have some left over colors.

Another thing is that you might want to make sure they look smooth but I'm definitely going to try out that tutorial! Thank you for posting it too. :D

Your creations are also funny so great job and hope you're willing to share more with us!

yer i am quite aware of my lazyness... I want to see how other people do it cuz i know that i will defs never be the best... just the first :D (i think)

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
Wow, this is really good ^^

Only thing I don't like is the 'rough' edges everywhere.

yer... the rough edges is just me... most of these where made back when i was doing about 2 a day for my shop

i just simply got lazy :D

I remember that charizard+garchomp fusion ;) anyways good tutorial draya I'll be sure to try it out sometime

Didn't I make charachomp for you xD
Anyway i would love to see some other people put theirs up on this thread so i can see ^_^

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Uhm, I just done this in Paint.. Took me liek 10 mins...

38476108.gif

I call it... erhmm.. Alooper xD;; Its just Wooper and Altaria fused together coz my pal from school I call Altaria lieks Wooper. I call him Altaria coz he HATES Altaria ;__; nya~

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
Uhm, I just done this in Paint.. Took me liek 10 mins...

38476108.gif

I call it... erhmm.. Alooper xD;; Its just Wooper and Altaria fused together coz my pal from school I call Altaria lieks Wooper. I call him Altaria coz he HATES Altaria ;__; nya~

that looks cute :D
I think the main thing that you need to be careful of is the different layers.
you have done just little things like put the tail behind the body but ahead of the wings... another thing i noticed is you have put the wings on the cheeks but have just left woopers cheeks (thats a no no)
altogerther it just looks very tossed together.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
that looks cute :D
I think the main thing that you need to be careful of is the different layers.
you have done just little things like put the tail behind the body but ahead of the wings... another thing i noticed is you have put the wings on the cheeks but have just left woopers cheeks (thats a no no)
altogerther it just looks very tossed together.
What layers? Normal Paint doesnt have layers :p nya~

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
Ok, tell me what you think about these recolor's then.
134s.png

135s.png

164.png
~this one was a request :D
196.png
~This one was also a request :D
249.png
~yep, a request
321.png
~A request from a friend (known as Pure-Angelz on dA)
384.png

471.png
~Made for an example for my shop.

As you can tell I was the one who started doing them in shiny.

Newest:
37.png

Last edited:

alyssnreshiram

134s.png

135s.png

164.png
196.png
249.png
~yep, a request
321.png
384.png

471.png

Newest:
37.png

Wow, I really like these. <3

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
134s.png

135s.png

164.png
196.png
249.png
~yep, a request
321.png
384.png

471.png

Newest:
37.png

Just recoloured shiny based on the sprite so there isnt really much to say.
I guess one thing that you should avoied is the *that's good enough* state of mind
you shouldn't just copy and paste the colours into the main areas. you need to go back and get the little bits that are just a different (like the blue still on the edges of vaporion)
SM pointed it out on my dewott/pikachu fusion

kaamna12

Banned
If anyone has Photoshop, I'd suggest doing it on there. Much easier and you can get a less pixelated final image in less time, I've always seen doing things like this on Paint (or doing anything but sprinting in Paint or Paintbrush on Mac, actually) as kind of an exercise in frustration. The end result looks good, though, kudos.