• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

☠ Ghost Type Club ☠

Which Pokémon should be our mascot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
Which Ghost Type move is your favourite?
The ghost type move that I use more than others is Shadow Ball. It has a usable base power, several Pokemon are capable of learning it, and it has the second highest base power of all ghost type moves. If you're lucky it could win you a special defense drop on your opponents. I do like Destiny Bond too. I never used it since I don't use Pokemon that are capable of learning it but bringing your foe down with you when they aren't prepared for this situation can be a handy ability to have.

I have never played Pokemon Showdown, but I have checked the place. I wasn't interested because it's a competitive battling place.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
I hate to sound repetitive but Shadowball is honestly my most favorite ghost type move, it looks AMAZING.

The first Ghost Type Club Tournament!

150px-Black_White_Shauntal.png
150px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Morty.png

Battles start: 5/20

Rules:
- Each battle will be under the OU tier
- Giratina-Origin, Giratina-Altered, and Arceus-Ghost are banned
- All battles will be done over Pokemon Showdown
- Each matchup will be best two out of three
- Please try and get a replay of each battle, and post them on the thread

HTML:
[b][u]Username:[/u]  
[u]Tournament:[/u] The First Ghost type club Tournament
[u]Showdown username:[/u] 
[u]Timezone:[/u]        [/b]

My signup:

Username: The DragonKnight
Tournament: The First Ghost type club Tournament
Showdown username: The DragonKnight
Timezone: EST / GMT -5

Good luck and have fun everyone!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
thank god its after i get back cuaz ill be gone over the weekend >.> ill sign up please

Username: eeveelover824
Tournament: The First Ghost type club Tournament
Showdown username: same as my name just [TEG] in front of it
Timezone:
gmt -5

Estellise

peachy
new topic, to keep this place lively

Your least favourite Ghost type?

for me, that would be the male Frillish line. female Frillish and Jellicent are fine to me, but the male versions are... ew.
Spr_5b_593_m.png
Spr_5b_592_m.png

don't get me wrong, Frillish and Jellicent are great pokes, I just don't like them that much. :608:

Lluc

I'm not that fond of Sableye. It's design is not as cool looking or as ghostly as the other ghost types to me. Its dex entries don't have the ghost type feeling either. Sableye is not nearly as life threatening or scary like the other ghost types are.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Banette. The idea is cool and decidedly creepy, but it's really terrible to use and it's design just doesn't appeal to me.

Jellicent. I think all four forms of Jellicent, male, Shiny male, female, and Shiny female all look bad. I don't like their designs at all, even if they're good competitively.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?

Mine has to be the Banette line. I just don't like its design, it looks more like a disoriented doll to me.

Chandelurefan1

I'm like most people and I don't like Banette; its stats are awful as well as its design. I forgive Shuppet due to being cute in my eyes

Drifloon line. I find it's design boring. I did use it in my Platinum playthrough though.

tcg_banner_ghost_types_by_xastralshadow-d611mg1.png

I made this awhile ago before the club even started.

ss_by_xastralshadow-d64e87h.gif

Don't think I've posted this yet hmm.

Last edited:

Necro101

Username: Necro101
Favourite Ghost type: My favourite Pokemon up to date, Gengar. (Might be a new one because of generation 6)
Why you love Ghost types I will make this short for the sake of anyone who will read this. I love ghost type, because they have always been mysterious and interesting Pokemon with great designs. I also love to read their in game description, per example: the fact that Lampent eats/steals spirits and Chandelure burns them, sounds really cool.
I also love their designs in general. The only ghost type I dislike is Shuppet. But, I love Banette. I love Pokemon that "bring death"/look "scary". That is why I love ghost type and dark type close behind...
I could go on for years about this, but I will keep my promise to keep this not too long so I will end it later, but I might make a far greater and longer post with enriched grammar and subjects in a relative order later down the path.

RAWK ON

Last edited:
We only have four members for the tournament, I don't think that's enough, but we can still battle if those who entered wish to.

What's your favorite first form Ghost type?

Gastly for me. I think the design is really cool, and he's the first Ghost Pokemon.

Username: Necro101
Favourite Ghost type: My favourite Pokemon up to date, Gengar. (Might be a new one because of generation 6)
Why you love Ghost types I will make this short for the sake of anyone who will read this. I love ghost type, because they have always been mysterious and interesting Pokemon with great designs. I also love to read their in game description, per example: the fact that Lampent eats/steals spirits and Chandelure burns them, sounds really cool.
I also love their designs in general. The only ghost type I dislike is Shuppet. But, I love Banette. I love Pokemon that "bring death"/look "scary". That is why I love ghost type and dark type close behind...
I could go on for years about this, but I will keep my promise to keep this not too long so I will end it later, but I might make a far greater and longer post with enriched grammar and subjects in a relative order later down the path.

RAWK ON

Accepted and welcome!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The coolest First Form Ghost-Type? Let's see.. That would have to be Duskull in my case. It's pretty face and cute cries both in the games and the anime, God, I just love it!

Lluc

What's your favorite first form Ghost type?
I have already said Misdreavus is my favorite ghost type and it's a first form. To keep this answer from being boring Ill say another one I like very much. I'd have to say Driftloon would be my second favorite first form ghost. It's kinda cute and really creepy at the same time, plus it's got a really interesting type combination. I loved walking with this cute little balloon while walking through Amity Square in Diamond.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
What's your favorite first form ghost type? - Duskull or Yamask. I love both of their designs, and they are so adorable. I call Duskulls "little Grim Reapers.~" I love their masks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.