• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

♥~Aureliashipping (Ash x Lillie) General Discussions Thread *Spoiler Warning* ~♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaWaltz

Dancing Pikachu
[imgsize=500]http://i.imgur.com/4FundDh.jpg[/imgsize]
~Aureliashipping~
General Discussions Thread

Aureliashipping refers to the pairing of the characters Ash and Lillie of the Pokemon anime!​

❥ Who are they?

Ash Ketchum (Japanese name: サトシ Satoshi)
The protagonist of the anime who, together with his main partner Pikachu and the Pokemon he catches along the way, has traveled through several regions and had many adventures.

In the current time of writing, Ash is going to a Pokemon School on Melemele Island, where he is getting to know and befriend his classmates and learning about the Pokemon in Alola, whilst also taking on the Island Challenge.

Lillie (Japanese name: リーリエ Lilie)
One of the new secondary protagonists introduced in the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime. She is extremely knowledgable about Pokemon, a topic she's very passionate about. However, for some reason, she is scared of getting close to or touching a Pokemon, something she denies herself.

Despite her fear, and her love for learning about Pokemon being greater, she is also enrolled in the Pokemon School, and is one of Ash's classmates.

❥ Why ship them?

Although the anime doesn't have much in the way of definite romantic hints (atleast yet), there have been some cute scenes of interaction between the characters! And considering the series has almost just started, there are many episodes ahead with potential development of their relationship (whether it ultimately leans more towards friendship or romance).

Their personalities mesh really well, where they are very similar in some areas (like their love for Pokemon) and more opposite in others (while Lillie is a more cautious and careful person, Ash is very impulsive and energetic). This makes for a very cute dynamic.

Basically, it's just incredibly cute! ~_^

❥ Rules:
- All Serebii Forum Rules and The Shippers Community Rules apply!
- No bashing other members, or other ships! Be kind and respectful.
- Make sure to stay on topic and contribute to the discussions.
- It is okay to be skeptical or express doubts about the ship, but if it's just solely for the purpose of being stubborn, annoying, or low-key ship bashing, then that is not okay.
- If you would like to share fanart you've found around the web, that's great! But remember NOT to post the image directly in the thread without the artist's permission! If you don't have permission to reupload/post the art, but would still like to share it, simply share the link to the page/website where the artist themselves have posted their art. Show respect to the artists' hard work!

❥ Members:
✿ PikaWaltz (Creator of the thread)
✿ SkittleBox
✿ Satoshi no masara
✿ Pokegirl fan~
✿ Red and Blue
✿ Frozocrone
✿ HoundoomFan
✿ CMButch
✿ mystic9899
✿ Blaze Master X
✿ U.N. Owen
✿ AshSerena
✿ DankOverlord
✿ pokesrini
✿ FanaticLaguy06
✿ XY Rules
✿ pokemaster442
✿ ⊱✿RedAshEntropy
✿ KungFuMaster
✿ Epicocity
✿ Drizzo
✿ JustAStatistic
✿ Advance/Amour-Shipper
✿ matthew11
✿ Mrs. Oreo
✿ sage striaton
✿ Aeryn Z
✿ Just My Luck
✿ Kyuu-Tales
✿ ZilverLox
✿ UB666
✿ OfCorsola
✿ dechirures
✿ Hot Limit

❥ Fanfiction:
☆ Fanfiction by Members:
Aureliashipping Drabbles and Short Stories Collection - By SkittleBox
A Light in the Darkness - By PikaWaltz

☆ Fanfiction from the Web:
Bizarre Misadventures: Ultra Hunters - By PhantomGalaxy13
Alola to our Saviour - By The Poke Spectre
Pokemon: The New Adventure - By ShadowCutter
Their Secret - By PatientZero-Zero-Zero

❥ Fanart/Graphics:

*Note to new people who would like to join as members:
If you would like to become a member and have your username added to the members' list, I would really appreciate it if you could explicitly say so. ^^ This way, I won't be accidentally adding people to the members' list who maybe don't want to be there (seeing as it's perfectly fine to post in this thread even if you don't want to join as a member/ship aureliashipping), and so that I don't miss out on people who do want to be members, but I for some reason thought didn't.

That said, besides being an Aureliashipper, there are no specific requirements for joining! Whether you're a multishipper, only ship Aurelia a little, you prefer other Ash ships but like this one too, or Aureliashipping is your OTP4EVAR:
It's completely fine.
There's room for everyone onboard the S.S. Aurelia! (づ♥ᴥ♥)づ

Just remember to follow the rules, be kind and civil with eachother, and have fun. ;)

Introductory Topic for New Members:
Why do you like this pairing, and what made you ship it?

Last edited:

Zach8920

Lul, the name of 'Ashlieshipping' didn't really resonate with me for some reason. (No bashing intended)

So I guess I have to say/ask where did the idea of this ship come from exactly?

PikaWaltz

Dancing Pikachu
So I guess I have to say/ask where did the idea of this ship come from exactly?

Sorry, not sure I understand what you mean? ^^;

If you're asking why the ship "exists" at all, so to speak:
Ash always gets paired with the main girl(s) whenever there's a new region adventure, for example : Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping, Negaishipping and Amourshipping. So yeah, I guess that's one of the reasons why people could be interested in this ship.

Last edited:

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
It feels like I have been waiting too long for someone to start this thread. So thank you!

I do have to admit, when the anime was just announced, I was thinking of hopping aboard my very first Ash shipping with the sheer multitude of girls featured. That leads to really the first reason I started shipping Ash with Lillie, the girl I think would best fit criteria for the "Ash's girlfriend" race...

They'd interact in cute ways and generally look cute together x3 I'm looking forward to seeing some nice moments with them in the S/M series!

PikaWaltz

Dancing Pikachu
It feels like I have been waiting too long for someone to start this thread. So thank you!

I do have to admit, when the anime was just announced, I was thinking of hopping aboard my very first Ash shipping with the sheer multitude of girls featured. That leads to really the first reason I started shipping Ash with Lillie, the girl I think would best fit criteria for the "Ash's girlfriend" race...

They'd interact in cute ways and generally look cute together x3 I'm looking forward to seeing some nice moments with them in the S/M series!

That's so exciting that this is your first Ash ship!! :D And yes, I agree, they look so cute together. And the (albeit few) interactions they've had with each other just~ Too much cute haha x)

I certainly do hope we get lots of good interactions. It would be cool if we could get an episode where they interact alone, even if it's only for a bit of the episode.
Like, maybe an episode where Lillie helps Ash study something about Alolan Pokemon? ^^

Welcome aboard! I'll add you to the members' list right away~

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
That's so exciting that this is your first Ash ship!! :D And yes, I agree, they look so cute together. And the (albeit few) interactions they've had with each other just~ Too much cute haha x)

I certainly do hope we get lots of good interactions. It would be cool if we could get an episode where they interact alone, even if it's only for a bit of the episode.
Like, maybe an episode where Lillie helps Ash study something about Alolan Pokemon? ^^

Welcome aboard! I'll add you to the members' list right away~

Thank ye much! *jumps aboard and unfurls the sail* Now we wait until Thursday!

I think that it would be cuteness overload if there were an episode where Ash is helping Lillie get over her fear of touching Pokemon. I would practically die ^.^

*low key stars thinking of fanfic ideas*

PikaWaltz

Dancing Pikachu
Thank ye much! *jumps aboard and unfurls the sail* Now we wait until Thursday!

Yup, Thursday can't come soon enough haha :D Hope we get some nice moments next episode ^^

I think that it would be cuteness overload if there were an episode where Ash is helping Lillie get over her fear of touching Pokemon. I would practically die ^.^

*low key stars thinking of fanfic ideas*

Omg yesss, I'm getting excited just thinking about it haha x) Imagine if Ash like, literally helps her pet the Pokemon by holding her hand and "putting" her hand over the Pokemon? Gosh I would die too, probably.

And please do tell if you ever decide to write an aurelia fic! :) I would be super interested in reading, to say the least hehe~♫

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Don't mind me if I join in the bandwagon. AshxSerena is my OTP (and I still ship AshxMay) but I think AshxLillie would be an adorable ship as well. Nothing at the moment hints that there will be something between the two but I feel like at some point, Lillie will be playing a major part in future plots of Sun and Moon and that will give more interactions between her and Ash. Also, I think that there will be an episode where Ash will be interacting mostly with Lillie, given that Mallow already had a lot of interactions with Ash in the last episodes, Lana will also have a lot of interactions with Ash in the next episode and Sophocles is to follow. Only Kiawe and Lillie are left.

Anyhow, will Aureliashipping be the official name of the ship? Regardless, I'm interested on how these two will interact. Maybe not as much as Ash and Serena did in XY but I still want to see some development between these two and who knows....

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Don't mind me if I join in the bandwagon. AshxSerena is my OTP (and I still ship AshxMay) but I think AshxLillie would be an adorable ship as well. Nothing at the moment hints that there will be something between the two but I feel like at some point, Lillie will be playing a major part in future plots of Sun and Moon and that will give more interactions between her and Ash. Also, I think that there will be an episode where Ash will be interacting mostly with Lillie, given that Mallow already had a lot of interactions with Ash in the last episodes, Lana will also have a lot of interactions with Ash in the next episode and Sophocles is to follow. Only Kiawe and Lillie are left.

Anyhow, will Aureliashipping be the official name of the ship? Regardless, I'm interested on how these two will interact. Maybe not as much as Ash and Serena did in XY but I still want to see some development between these two and who knows....

Glad you're joining the bandwagon! I also can't wait for the cute interactions Ash and Lillie will share :3

As for the name, we had a poll to decide the name, and eventually through weeks of headaches and fraud (see the 'What's This Ship Called? thread for all the details pertaining to that crazy poll) the creator of AshlieShipping, the other name than ran against Aurelia, pulled his name in the light of someone tampering with the results. So yes, AureliaShipping is the name we're using.

_Dog

Forgive me for being the guy, but I will simply leave you this question:

After what happened with Amourshipping (Ash x Serena), do you honestly think Aureliashipping has any ghost of a chance at happening?

Think about it, guys.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hm I think I'll join here, hoping for some great hints and hopefully some funny and/or cute moments throughout the series! :D
Why do you like this pairing, and what made you ship it?
I think I like this pairing because it sounds cute. I found the one moment where Lillie jumped and hid behind Ash when they first met because of Lillie's fear of Pokemon adorable and hilarious as well. I'm hoping there are more moments like that throughout the series and hopefully some more serious and cute moments too. As with amourshipping, I probably won't be very serious about this ship and won't get into it much, but I think I will enjoy the hints and find them entertaining like I did with amour and I'm hoping for interesting character interactions too as those are pretty much why I like shippings.

After what happened with Amourshipping (Ash x Serena), do you honestly think Aureliashipping has any ghost of a chance at happening?

Think about it, guys.
Honestly I don't really care if it happens or not since I'm more interested in the moments being entertaining and interesting rather than being seriously invested in it and wanting it to become canon.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

Think about it, guys.

Probably very slim if not flat-out non-existant

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer

Think about it, guys.

Um... this is an Ash x Lillie thread. We have an AmourShipping thread already.

To answer your question, I cannot judge how far they will take the relationship between Ash and Lillie (friendship or romance) because the anime is still relativly new. It could happen, it could not. That's really all we can go off right now until the anime progresses furthur. Besides, all ships don't need a canon kiss to enjoy the moments between two characters.

Satoshi no masara

Think about it, guys.

It's not always about having a chance, it's about how you see these two will interact. I still think that Amourshipping is in the lead compared to the rest, but it doesn't mean that it should stop shippers from shipping Ash with other girls. It didn't stop Poke, Pearl and Advanceshippers from shipping their respective ships and it's no difference from this. It's not like Ash and Serena are finally married or anything (not yet to say at least) so I don't see any reason why another shipping should not come into existence even after what had happened between Serena and Ash.

Glad you're joining the bandwagon! I also can't wait for the cute interactions Ash and Lillie will share :3

As for the name, we had a poll to decide the name, and eventually through weeks of headaches and fraud (see the 'What's This Ship Called? thread for all the details pertaining to that crazy poll) the creator of AshlieShipping, the other name than ran against Aurelia, pulled his name in the light of someone tampering with the results. So yes, AureliaShipping is the name we're using.

Hey, thanks! I look forward to this ship and the Sun and Moon anime with you guys. :)

Okay, that makes sense. I should have pitched in my idea for a name (SoLunashipping- Sol (Sun) + Luna (Moon) ) earlier but I guess I was too late. XD

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
It's not always about having a chance, it's about how you see these two will interact. I still think that Amourshipping is in the lead compared to the rest, but it doesn't mean that it should stop shippers from shipping Ash with other girls. It didn't stop Poke, Pearl and Advanceshippers from shipping their respective ships and it's no difference from this. It's not like Ash and Serena are finally married or anything (not yet to say at least) so I don't see any reason why another shipping should not come into existence even after what had happened between Serena and Ash.

Amoru didn't really got out of being one-sided TBH
So any shipping si still possbile

Satoshi no masara

Okay, I think we're getting a bit off here and I think we already have enough people so let's get this thread kicking.

Let's start with a generic fanfic-material question:

Which location in Alola would be the best place for Ash and Lillie's date?

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Okay, I think we're getting a bit off here and I think we already have enough people so let's get this thread kicking.

Let's start with a generic fanfic-material question:

Which location in Alola would be the best place for Ash and Lillie's date?

In game, it states that Route 8 is popular for couples, but maybe some cities will look really nice. Either way, I'm think Hau'oli City. Maybe they get some dinner at a nice restaurant and look at the stars... just my thoughts :3

_Dog

Um... this is an Ash x Lillie thread. We have an AmourShipping thread already.

I came here to discuss about Aurelia's chance of happening, especially in the light of what's happened with Amour. One guy's conceded the chance is near zero. I in particular would like to know PikaWaltz's answer.

The status quo dictates that Lillie will be written out in a couple of years. That's no good for your ship. Can you guys somehow prevent that?

Honestly I don't really care if it happens or not since I'm more interested in the moments being entertaining and interesting rather than being seriously invested in it and wanting it to become canon.

Can you really call yourself an Aureliashipper, then? Isn't the point of shipping the idea of seeing two characters in a romantic relationship and hoping for it to become reality? Are those "moments" really going to be romantic or is it just one's overimagination spinning it into such?

It's not always about having a chance, it's about how you see these two will interact.

At this rate guys, you may as well rename this thread the "Ash and Lillie Interaction and Chemistry Thread".

Last edited:

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I came here to discuss about Aurelia's chance of happening, especially in the light of what's happened with Amour. One guy's conceded the chance is near zero.

The status quo dictates that Lillie will be written out in a couple of years. That's no good for your ship. Can you guys somehow prevent that?

Can you really call yourself an Aureliashipper, then? Isn't the point of shipping the idea of seeing to characters in a romantic relationship and hoping for it to become reality? Are those "moments" really going to be romantic or is it just one's overimagination spinning it into such?

At this rate guys, you may as well rename this thread the "Ash and Lillie Interaction and Chemistry Thread".

Listen, I don't want this thread to be a constant debate between Amour and Aurelia. I want to make this the last post I make about this pointless debate.

People ship certain ships because they just like them. Since you seem like an AmourShipper, what makes you ship Ash and Serena? That question goes for all ships, and the answer will most likely be that you like to see the characters and that they interact well, not because there's a 99% chance they kissed. That's why people ship what are called nevermet ships, which basically means that there's pretty much no chance it becomes canon. Because although these characters will never see each other ever, their personalities fit into each other no matter how absurd the ship's members are. Shippings are basically people enjoying the antics two people would get into because their personality would yield funny and cute mishaps and moments.

About the 'these characters will NEVER have a chance, why?' question, along with tacking the interactions. Once again, we're going to think back to the rarepair shippers/nevermet shippers. I actually have a few rarepairs, and I know that there is no way of my rarepairs becoming canon. But why do I ship my rarepairs? Because the interactions I think they would have make me happy as a shipper of the two. Ships don't have to have a chance to people to like them, people just have to see that they would like all the romantic or non-romantic interactions the characters would share. As someone who is aromantic, I'm not sure about this, but not every relationship has to be kisses and kisses and kisses. Lovers are absolutely allowed to act like friends when they feel like it, they don't need to hold hands 24/7 and some people consider friendship shipping in a way (friendshipping). Chances should NEVER dictate how good of a pairing the ship is.

Now, sorry if that sounded harsh, but I'm serious about making this the last post I make between Amour and Aurelia. I don't want to see this thread turn from general shipping discussion to shipping wars.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Think about it, guys.

Did the canon stop the Zutaara shippers of Avatar infamy? Shipping is shipping. Pong, a game that has no dialogue or characters whatsoever, has shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.