• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

♪ Cooking is so fann ♪

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
My family never buys squid, or really anything exotic for that matter. My sister's an extremely picky eater. We had green jasmine rice recently and she didn't eat it because it 'smelled bad'. We buy generic California stuff and then prepare it well (salmon, shrimp, avocados, etc).

Ugh, tell me about it. My brother is so picky. Pretty much the only thing's he eats are: chips, sausage, quiche, pasta, cookies, cake, chocolate and a couple of fruit and veg. He's a vegetarian and he doesn't eat cheese so he doesn't even have cheese on his pasta and he never has cheese pizza or anything like that....actually, he doesn't even have butter or cows milk, he has this werid rice milk stuff. It was a nightmare when I was younger but nowadays my mum just lets him get on with it. We've all kinda given up on him....

DMerle

Guess who's back
After years of surviving on college student chow, I'm finally trying to learn how to cook. It's been going well so far, although I haven't really made anything more complicated than chili or soups yet.

I can bake pretty decently, but I don't do it too often since I don't want to turn into (more of a) fatty fat fat.

Chili is a great dish to cook to be honest, you're cutting a lot of veg so your building knife skills and it's also one of those things that everyone has little "trick" or secret ingredient for and there are so many different varieties. Not to mention it tastes great too.

I can make a mean toasted ham sandwich, but apart from that... ? Uhhh. I know how to make scrambled egg, but it always turns out black on the inside for some reason.

Guess I just don't have the skills. =<

Scrambled Egg is actually a dish that's considered a test of skill :p

I know a lot of restaurants that will ask a potential employee to make scrambled eggs to gauge there skill level.

We've all kinda given up on him....

XD Lovely.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Poisonous blowfish, and I SURVIVED!

You are a brave person. I'm usually pretty adventurous when it comes to food, but I don't think I'd have the guts to try that...

Speaking of freaky foods, I think the weirdest thing I've ever eaten (besides unagi) is breadfruit, which I think is related to the durian. It was interesting, to say the least. I actually had kind of a strange liking for it, but my parents thought it was disgusting. I've also had ostrich jerky, as well as mealworms, if those count.

Oh, I just remembered, I've also had tripe. It was actually pretty good, at least before I found out what it was.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I've always liked to cook things, but recently, I haven't felt like doing it much. I just use the microwave or the stove to heat things I bought. :p

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Ugh, tell me about it. My brother is so picky. Pretty much the only thing's he eats are: chips, sausage, quiche, pasta, cookies, cake, chocolate and a couple of fruit and veg. He's a vegetarian and he doesn't eat cheese so he doesn't even have cheese on his pasta and he never has cheese pizza or anything like that....actually, he doesn't even have butter or cows milk, he has this werid rice milk stuff. It was a nightmare when I was younger but nowadays my mum just lets him get on with it. We've all kinda given up on him....

But... but... Quiche has so much dairy in it!

Speaking of freaky foods, I think the weirdest thing I've ever eaten (besides unagi) is breadfruit, which I think is related to the durian. It was interesting, to say the least. I actually had kind of a strange liking for it, but my parents thought it was disgusting. I've also had ostrich jerky, as well as mealworms, if those count.

I can't even get myself to look at mealworms, let alone eat them. *shudders*

Hmm, I've been eating a lot of frozen Trader Joe's meals lately. Their Channah Masala is DELISHIS.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I can't even get myself to look at mealworms, let alone eat them. *shudders*

I was going to post something about how they're actually not too bad, but I'll refrain. : )

Hmm, I've been eating a lot of frozen Trader Joe's meals lately. Their Channah Masala is DELISHIS.

Ooh, I love chana masala. I had some at a farmer's market in Pennsylvania a few months ago, and it was amazing. I didn't think I'd ever like chickpeas, but that dish made me a believer. I enjoy making it at home now.

emogirl

Panda-chan.
I love baking things, and people seem to love when I do xD I made two batches of muffins this weekend (Lemon Poppyseed and Blueberry) and they were gone before the day was over ._.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I don't really cook savoury stuff, but I'm a good baker. I can make all sorts of sweet stuff, like cakes, flapjacks (oat kind), pastry... Yum. I'd love to know how to cook more meals though! Especially Chinese and Thai food. Home made egg fried rice on demand sounds fabulous. ^_^

The weirdest thing I've eaten was Alligator. My parents ordered it when I wasn't paying attention and they told me it was chicken. I haven't had it in a while, but man it was good. :x

Also, artichoke.

RainDance

Dance Party!!
The weirdest thing I've eaten was Alligator. My parents ordered it when I wasn't paying attention and they told me it was chicken. I haven't had it in a while, but man it was good. :x

Also, artichoke.

You can cook alligator at home if you get it from a butcher. It is surprisingly good grilled with BBQ sauce on it.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Also, artichoke.

Alligator is amazing if you know how to cook it right. Especially those appetizers from those exotic seafood places. Mmm...

Mr.FusRoDah

I can make great stews, meat-pasta dishes, salads, and even things like a roux, the mother sauce which gravies, cheese sauces, and a lot of other sauces are made...

Oh yeah, and I am the Winginator too, fry cook extraordinaire.

arceus03

Scrambled Egg is actually a dish that's considered a test of skill :p

I know a lot of restaurants that will ask a potential employee to make scrambled eggs to gauge there skill level.

lol, really? How do they test you on that? Isn't it just popping the egg in there and beating it up? :p

On topic, I've started to learn cooking. Still relying on recipes though, and most of the time the outcome is so different from the picture I see on the recipe. Still, the taste isn't that bad so I guess yeah.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided

Also, artichoke.

:0 I wanna try alligator! it sounds tough though.

lol, really? How do they test you on that? Isn't it just popping the egg in there and beating it up? :p

Uh oh, the kitchen wouldn't let you in then... "popping the egg in there and beating it up"... Don't worry I'm just teasing.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
But... but... Quiche has so much dairy in it!

Yeah.....he's basically a massive hypocrite. He had a dairy allergy when he was younger so he wasn't allowed to eat all these foods. As he grew up it went away and he decided he liked chocolate, ice cream and quiche but for some reason he still maintains that actual milk and cheese are evil. We keep telling him that all the different cheese have really different textures and tastes but he won't even try them just because they're cheese, and in his head, he doesn't like cheese.