• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

♪ Cooking is so fann ♪

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Does anyone else here cook or bake stuff? Toast counts if it's like really good toast. Please share experiences, recipes, etc.

I have been copiously complimented on my pesto and my baklava. And I usually try to help out in making dinner. Mushrooms with vermouth, man 0.0

DMerle

Guess who's back
I cook most nights as I work at an Italian restaurant :p

But yeah I enjoy cooking a lot, especially at home by myself. After you've worked in a place like that where you're doing about 100 things at once and everyone is yelling, (not to mention the heat.) It's so relaxing just to go in the kitchen and cook a meal for yourself.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
Apparently my crystal methamphetamine is pretty good. I literally have people knocking on my door to get some.

Eh, if I REALLY need to, I will. Except pasta and rice. Not entirely sure how often to stir and whatever. And I hate using the stove. Lucky for me my lover enjoys it more than me. ^-^

TheEliteEmpoleon

I cook really good breakfasts, all homemade. French toast, pancakes, waffles, and eggs, especially omelettes.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I can cook beef and rice, mac and cheese, and some soups. I can cook alright but I usually mess one thing up, ruining the entire meal. I can of course make a mean BLT. I can do pasta a little. I always ruin roasts... :( I whipped up several sandwich platters for church once. I guess sandwiches arent exactly 'cooking' though.

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
Hmm. I prefer not to cook, but I usually have to, because we all make our own dinners. I tend to stay away from Chicken/Turkey, but I make any pasta, Pork, Beef, Stir-Fry's, ANYTHING instant, soups, and almost any kind of breakfast food.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Except pasta and rice. Not entirely sure how often to stir and whatever.

For pasta, add around a Tbsp of salt to a pot of boiling water, put in the pasta, stir it for a few seconds, and leave it uncovered for the time on the package. For rice, boil 2 cups water per 1 cup rice. Add a little salt, butter if you want, and the rice, then turn the flame down really low and let it cook that way 20 minutes.

Recon

Lot of stir-fried vegetables, though I'm really good with just cooking green beans apparently. Boil in salt water for a little, throw it in ice water, heat oil in wok, add about two cloves of garlic and some grated ginger, throw in green beans, add a little sesame oil and oyster sauce, add a little water to de-glaze, and done.

I also do a lot of other cooking as well as grilling and baking, my most recent accomplishment is a souffle, which my dad said it gave him a lot of energy, instead of running about three miles normally, he ran 8 after eating two souffles.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
I often make soups from scratch... take some beef broth, put in some chopped celery, potatoes, carrots, meat (ground beef, steak strips, canned meat but preferably not, whatever needs to go now), mushrooms, onion, etc.

I also improve leftovers by means of butter (or canola oil) and a frying pan.
Got leftover spaghetti? Put the noodles on the pan until they crisp, then put the sauce on too.
Pizza? Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then fry the crust.
Rice? Same, but it takes a while for this.

And that's probably it leftover-wise, but this is also the best way to cook an Eggo waffle (butter is mandatory for this, no oil).

Finally, I don't suppose any of you have tried this, but dandelion roots aren't bad. They're like a cross between green beans and carrots taste-wise. Pretty good in a stir-fry.
You have to pick them in season, though, which is before the flower stalks sprout.

Recon

Finally, I don't suppose any of you have tried this, but dandelion roots aren't bad. They're like a cross between green beans and carrots taste-wise. Pretty good in a stir-fry.
You have to pick them in season, though, which is before the flower stalks sprout.

Try eating ferns, not bad if you cook them just right.

Also, what's the freakiest thing you have eaten? For me, Fugu.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I can't cook either, unless you call spaghetti a 5 star dish

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I can cook pasta and noodles. I'm still trying to learn the others.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
I love cooking but I'm often don't have the time (read: too lazy) to cook proper things......I usually end up just cooking some kind of pasta dish and throwing whatever I feel like eating in it and then putting cheese on top of everything. But my favourite things to cook when I do cook are are:

Mushroom and Lentil Au Gratin
Carrot Slices (not just slices of carrot, more like savoury flapjacks with carrot, oats and cheese)
Lasagne
Cakes
Pasta with a whte sauce (normally tagliatelle with bacon, smoked salmon and/or asparagus and I add some cayenne pepper to the sauce)

I love Veggie Mousaka but I can't cook it for s***. : (

EDIT: Skyler you make Baklava? Man they are sooooo good. I also like a good Borek. *licks lips*