• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

♪ Cooking is so fann ♪

Zazie

So 1991
I only cook vegetarian dishes. Partially because I don't like meat, and partially because not cooking it for the right amount of time can give you food poisoning. Other than that cooking is really easy, I look up a recipe, follow the directions, and I am done. Sometimes I have to use my judgement to alter a recipe, but it usually turns out okay, even if I have to make changes.

My only difficulty is getting stuff in a pan to fully cook, I have difficulty getting vegetables to soften and the last time i cooked tofu it just wouldn't cook. (I apparently wasn't the only one who had difficulty with that kind of tofu either, it's apparently really difficult to get the texture to change.)

Baking is really easy however, once you mix the stuff together the oven does all the work.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm slowly learning how to cook, but I sadly don't make myself try unless I really need to, and I'm half-expecting Mom to force me into the kitchen to learn some recipes any day now. I can fix up rice pretty good, which I felt was an accomplishment for me when I went ahead to make myself rice for stew (stew and rice is a good combination, though my aunt is convinced I came up with the combination when my mom did it years ago), and I can fix up macaroni and cheese, so... yeah XD.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Also, what's the freakiest thing you have eaten? For me, Fugu.
What's Fugu? o.0 I don't really eat that much freaky food. I guess... Octopus? Oh and I LOVE freshwater eel sushi, but I guess that's not too strange.

I only cook vegetarian dishes. Partially because I don't like meat, and partially because not cooking it for the right amount of time can give you food poisoning.

Me too, except I just don't cook chicken. I cook beef on occasion and fish a lot, though.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I can cook pretty well. For day to day cooking I do soups, stews, casseroles, and occasionally roasting meats. This summer I've tried grilling which is pretty nice for turning out flavorful meat. You just can't eat it regularly. Meanwhile I continue to find new ways to cook potatoes because they're only $2 a bag and can go with just about anything.

I haven't started baking from scratch until recently. The last two years or so. I learned to make bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls, and muffins from scratch. Baking from scratch is a bit labor intensive, but working that hard just makes the end result taste better.

Also, what's the freakiest thing you have eaten?

Kangaroo meat.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I developed an interest in cooking pretty recently. I'm not particularly good yet, but I'm learning. However, for some reason I always want to try all sorts of fancy recipies instead of simple ones. Speaking of which, does anyone know a good chicken marsala recipie?

Jordie

Bang!
I've always had a fascination for cooking (I grew up watching Food Network), but don't get to do it very much. I do really like baking and have gotten many compliments for my cookies and brownies from friends. Also, the weirdest thing I've eaten is goat (Not too weird) but I know a guy who has eaten Panda bear meat (How evil).

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
What's Fugu? o.0 I don't really eat that much freaky food. I guess... Octopus? Oh and I LOVE freshwater eel sushi, but I guess that's not too strange.

Fugu is Japanese blowfish. Parts of it are highly toxic, and it can only be served by licensed chefs who have trained for years to prepare it correctly. Even so, about 100 people in Japan die from eating it every year. Sounds appetizing, right?

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves unagi (eel). So yummy. : )

I've really gotten into cooking the past couple of years. My mom and I try to make a meal at least once or twice a week. I've been going more vegetarian lately, so I've been trying out various recipes for stuff like zucchini, parsnips, chickpeas, etc, as well as a variety of grains. But I still love my seafood. One of my favorite recipes is baked salmon with a marinade of orange juice, basil, and rosemary. It's delicious. : )

An00bis

Wicked Witch
How different did that taste than, say, beef?

It's not as fatty, and has a little bit of a sweet flavor. I guess that's the " gamey " taste that people taste in exotic meats. They definitely taste different, but it's not necessarily a bad taste.

It was a Kangaroo Burger. I'll eat pretty much anything presented in burger form.

Recon

Poisonous blowfish, and I SURVIVED! And I love roasted eel too, especially on sushi

When you live in Asia, you eat a lot of exotic and freaky things. Btw, fried scorpions taste like shrimp.

I've also had kangaroo jerkey, not the best imo, there's also jia yu, which translates into armor fish in English, looks kinda like a turtle. But yeah, I've eaten a lot of exotic seafood. I love seafood. Grilled squid anyone? Or maybe some razor clams? How about eel skin soup?

I also make a mean broccoli and shrimp stir-fry, and the tomato sauce I put squid in taste great too.

Last edited:
I'm pretty good at baking. My grandmother taught me how to make icing. :D

I also do good in the prepping of cheese dishes. I think I take the most time in making the cutest little cheese cubes.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Fugu is Japanese blowfish. Parts of it are highly toxic, and it can only be served by licensed chefs who have trained for years to prepare it correctly. Even so, about 100 people in Japan die from eating it every year. Sounds appetizing, right?

No, it really doesn't... ):
I remember when one of my Japanese cousins and his parents came to the US for vacation, and we went to this fancy-looking Japanese restaurant. They ordered it, and when it was put onto the table, I asked my uncle whether or not it was edible, then he rambled on about the "nutritional benefits" of the stuff in Japanese. o_e

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves unagi (eel). So yummy. : )

Unagi is good. Mmm...
(Stop making me hungry!)

I've really gotten into cooking the past couple of years. My mom and I try to make a meal at least once or twice a week. I've been going more vegetarian lately, so I've been trying out various recipes for stuff like zucchini, parsnips, chickpeas, etc, as well as a variety of grains. But I still love my seafood. One of my favorite recipes is baked salmon with a marinade of orange juice, basil, and rosemary. It's delicious. : )

I'll try to get my mom to teach me how to cook when I get a bit older (maybe within the next year). But for now, I'm staying with parfaits. :)

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
Nope. Leg of Lamb. With this abosolutely awesome gravy that I don't remember what it was. I think it was beef... yeah. Bacon-Wrapped Leg of Lamb and Beef Gravy. Delicious

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Poisonous blowfish, and I SURVIVED! And I love roasted eel too, especially on sushi

When you live in Asia, you eat a lot of exotic and freaky things. Btw, fried scorpions taste like shrimp.

I've also had kangaroo jerkey, not the best imo, there's also jia yu, which translates into armor fish in English, looks kinda like a turtle. But yeah, I've eaten a lot of exotic seafood. I love seafood. Grilled squid anyone? Or maybe some razor clams? How about eel skin soup?

I also make a mean broccoli and shrimp stir-fry, and the tomato sauce I put squid in taste great too.

My family never buys squid, or really anything exotic for that matter. My sister's an extremely picky eater. We had green jasmine rice recently and she didn't eat it because it 'smelled bad'. We buy generic California stuff and then prepare it well (salmon, shrimp, avocados, etc).

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
After years of surviving on college student chow, I'm finally trying to learn how to cook. It's been going well so far, although I haven't really made anything more complicated than chili or soups yet.

I can bake pretty decently, but I don't do it too often since I don't want to turn into (more of a) fatty fat fat.

Grey Wind

I can make a mean toasted ham sandwich, but apart from that... ? Uhhh. I know how to make scrambled egg, but it always turns out black on the inside for some reason.

Guess I just don't have the skills. =<