• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ミ★ HGSS Celebration Contests≈ 『 Fan Art 』

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_news_01_logo_hg.png
img_news_01_logo_ss.png

ミ★ HGSS Celebration Contests≈ 『 Fan Art 』
ABOUT THE CONTESTS
- The contests are to celebrate Gold and Silvers 10th year and the release of HGSS.
- The contests will be open from 12th August '09 - 12th September '09.
- In Fan Sprites and Digital Media there are a few tasks, you don't have to enter all of them just the ones your prefer.
- Prizes will be made for the winners and the results will be posted in a thread in Fan Art.

GENERAL RULES
• No plagiarism. Originality is what the judges want to see! You may not borrow or steal someone else's sprite for your work.
• All entries must be fresh and out of the oven!
• Anyone may enter the contest as long as their entries are made before the deadline.
• Everything you enter must be related to the contest. In short, it must be about the 2nd generation. No Pokemon or trainers of the other generations may be included in your work.
• The more effort = the more appealing to the judges.
• Your SPPF username must be put anywhere in your final entry.
• There is no limit to how many categories you can join so you can join the spriting fun and the comic business too!
• I know it can be tempting to correct a member entering if they have done something wrong but please refrain from doing so. It is classed as mini-modding and you will be infracted for it.
• No posts saying "[QUOTE]ENTRY HERE[/QUOTE] Wow I really love this entry! // OMG IT ROCKS // Okay you win there." It’s annoying and once again it is something you will be infracted for.
• Please do not post saying you will be entering! Its spam and not nice. You will be warned and later infracted if you do so.
• We are not looking for any helpers or judges. Sweet May and PurpleMew have it all covered.
• Have fun. [:​

JUDGES
- Sweet May
- PurpleMew

TASK RULES
• Make your final versions at least less than 1000x1000 pixels for either width or height.
• OCs may be included in the entries as long as they have a relation to Pokémon.
TASKS
- HGSS Fan Art.
-- Categories;;
-- Battle between Trainer/Trainer or Pokemon/Pokemon or you can combine them.
-- Starter Pokemon and Trainer group pose.
-- Trainer & pokemon
-- Legendary team pose.​

Enjoy and Have Fun!

Nidoprince

I have a few questions. In the Starter and Trainer group pose, do you have to do all 3 starters with another 3 random Pokemon to make a full team or just one starter and another 5 Pokemon to make a full team? Or does it even have to be a full team? Thanks in advanced.

I have a few questions. In the Starter and Trainer group pose, do you have to do all 3 starters with another 3 random Pokemon to make a full team or just one starter and another 5 Pokemon to make a full team? Or does it even have to be a full team? Thanks in advanced.
I suppose if you want any Pokémon other than the 3 starters, go with the "Trainer & Pokémon" challenge since the Starter and Trainer Pose challenge is strictly for the Main HGSS protagonists (and Silver if wanted) with the three Johto starters.

If you do go with the first challenge I mentioned here (Trainer & Pokémon) then you can use a whole six Pokémon team as long as they're 2nd generation Pokémon. I mean it's almost like a pose if you put it that way just with different Pokémon.

I hope that made sense. ^^;

Blue Flame

Pokemon Master
For the Trainer&Pokemon do we also draw the pokemon with the trainer?

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3
At legendary team pose..
I have to draw six legendary from 2 general or any general??
How many legendary we have to draw??

At starter pokemon with trainer team pose..
Just draw 3 starter 2 general pokemon no more pokemon with any trainer??
Draw any 3 starter from any general??

And we have to choose one categories or all categories??

And when post the draw when we finish??

Nidoprince

I have another batch of questions. Can people use image editing programs such as Photoshop? Also, where exactly do I put my username? In the post or the artwork?

At legendary team pose..
I have to draw six legendary from 2 general or any general??
How many legendary we have to draw??

At starter pokemon with trainer team pose..
Just draw 3 starter 2 general pokemon no more pokemon with any trainer??
Draw any 3 starter from any general??

And we have to choose one categories or all categories??

And when post the draw when we finish??
1. Well there's only like what... 6 legendary Pokémon from the Johto region.
2. You can draw them all or just Ho-oh/Lugia or Suicune/Entei/Raikou or however you can combine them.
3. Starter Pokémon with Trainer = Gold/Soul and the three Johto starters.
4. You can enter two, one or all of the categories if you wish.
I have another batch of questions. Can people use image editing programs such as Photoshop? Also, where exactly do I put my username? In the post or the artwork?
You can used Photoshop, Paint, SAI, OpenCanvas or whatever program lets you draw on it. (if you're drawing digitally)

Guys, IT HAS TO BE ANY POKEMON FROM THE JOHTO REGION! If it's a 1st gen, 3rd gen or 4th gen Pokémon you can't use it or your entry would be disqualified.

Nidoprince

Also, do you have write your username ON your artwork, or in the post with the entry?

Torosiken

This is a title.
Can I copy-paste the official logo on the image?

EDIT : Ah forget it XD I will go without logo!

http://i27.*******.com/r04613.png
there.. whew.. did it in paint and I using mouse! Maybe hard to believe but yes...! XD

I wish I have a scanner or tablet.. but... I think I love mouse more XD
(BTW I submit this image on my site too)

EDIT2 : need name? =.='' what a shame..
http://i27.*******.com/2cdbt3p.png

Last edited:

Nidoprince

M4zz

Banned
Mine is on it's way, its in the final stages. Unfortunatly, you wont be able to see it until its finished only because it's hand-drawn. Also, Ive got a question: Can I submit more than one entry?

Mine is on it's way, its in the final stages. Unfortunatly, you wont be able to see it until its finished only because it's hand-drawn. Also, Ive got a question: Can I submit more than one entry?
You can. As long as it's great to win it doesn't matter. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.