• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

新年快樂, Happy Chinese New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
For some reason a thread dedicated to the national holiday of 20 million people was made, but the most important few days of the year for over a billion was overlooked. I suppose that this is now to be remedied...

GUNG HEI FAT CHOY/GONG XI FA CAI/恭喜發財/恭喜发财!
SAN NIN FAI LOK/XIN NIAN KUAI LE/新年快樂/新年快乐!

HAPPY CHINESE/LUNAR NEW YEAR/SPLING FESTIVAL.

Or whatever canto/mando/shangho/"gwailo" phrase you want to insert. As of the 26th of January, it's the year of the Ox, and for the next fifteen days running there are endless festivities. So, if you are Chinese/Japanese/Korean/observant of azn culture, discuss what you have done/will do to celebrate the new year and what your perceptions of the new year are. If you are not azn (i.e. you are a "gwailo"), feel free to discuss your perceptions of C.N.Y. and East Asian culture in general, and any change in your community you observed due to C.N.Y..

We celebrated this in Geography class today. It was fun, I guess.

S31R31

The 90's
Kung Hei Fat Choi!

But I'm more excited for next year because I was born under the sign of the Tiger.

Profesco

gone gently
I only ever see Chinese New Year mentioned on television, but the festivities always look so exciting and yet calm and pleasant. I enjoy the brilliant reds and golds of the art I've seen. Panda's descriptions make it sound really fun anyway, so gung hei fat choy, everyone! ^_^

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
新年好! 我們所有希望一更好的年。
(happy new years! let's all hope for a better year.)

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Another excuse to drink? I'm game. Happy Chinese new year ev'ry body!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
I watched the Chinese New Year celebration on CCTV1. It's pretty funny :D
祝大家牛年吉祥!;)

It sucks since we didn't even celebrate Chinese New Year in Chinese class today. Damn assembly... Our teacher also left early. Anyways, happy "Spling" Festival =]

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
愉快的中国新年,我们希望黄牛的年能带回牛市!
(Happy Chinese New Year, let's hope the year of the ox can bring back the bull market!)

Cipher

Nothing to be done
To be honest, the Chinese New Year seems alot better than the Western New Year. (As in, it has drinking and fireworks.)

??????

That guy.
The Chinese and their off new year celebrations.

Have a jolly late time. This is what western New Year should be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.