• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

日本音楽部 [Japanese Music Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari

Did it on 'em
xtJBM.png

(credit to Twidragon)

日本音楽部へよこそう!!
(Welcome to the Japanese Music Club!)

I've noticed there are several members of SPPf who like to listen to J-Rock, J-Pop, etc, but there was no club for them to congregate in. Hopefully now everyone who listens to Japanese music day and night like me will have a place to call home! Want to know how everyone feels about the new AKB48 release? Want some recommendations to help you expand your library? Want to learn what the heck Aristocratic Visual-Kei is? This is the place for you! Also, feel free to discuss some Korean and Chinese music here. Just keep in mind that the club is centered around Japanese music.

RULES
01. All regular forum and club rules apply. ~
02. No spamming!
03. No three word posts.
04. Please don't ask about becoming a leader/club mod.
- If I see someone active and knowledgeable I'll probably appoint them to some higher position! But until then everyone is on member status.
05. Don't be annoying or stupid.
06. Break one rule = one strike.
07. THREE STRIKES = BAN

WHEN REGISTERING AS A MEMBER:
Just say a little about your current tastes in J-Pop/J-Rock/Enka/whatev. Introduce yourself also.

SAMPLE TOPICS:
01. Who is your favorite artist?
02. How is the new album release from X artist?
03. Which is your favorite artist collaboration?

MEMBER RECOMMENDATIONS:
(To make a recommendation, post some information about your favorite artist, album, or single and why you love it!)

BANNERS (feel free to submit one!):
Kotoko (by me)
Ali Project (by Twidragon)

Members (y'all should talk to each other):
Sweet May
MagicMochi
FireEmblemAddict
Narwhal15
Twidragon
Pokemon Geek
MugoUrth
Dragon Trainer X
Jolteon91
Asuka
Elekible-kid
Sonozaki Maya
Ambre
CrystalSaurTower
HoennTori

Member with a moderately-high level of authority:
Narwhal15

Members with Strikes:
None.

Banned:
None.

Last edited:
I'll join this club if I could! The name's Sweet May and I've been into a mix of music from Japanese groups for a couple years. Some of my favorite artists/groups are Perfume, Mami Kawada, Nana Kitade, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Berryz Koubou, Rie fu, supercell, Kalafina, BoA, Crystal Kay, and Utada Hikaru. Honorary non-Jap mentions to Big Bang, Brown Eyed Girls, Jolin Tsai and Shinee. =P

But as for my top, top favorite, I can't decide between Mami Kawada or Rie fu, heehee. Waiting on the former's new single though! Not a fan of the anime the single's song is used in so I'm waiting for the release to actually listen to serment.

(consider this a bump too)

Mochi10

MEWsic <3
I'd love to join this club! I'm MagicMochi but I also go by Magic or Mochi. I've been a big fan of Japanese music ever since I saw my first anime opening XD My favorite bands are UVERworld, The Sketchbook, and HI-Fi Camp. My favorite songs are Message by the The Sketchbook, Core Pride by UVERworld, Kimi ga iru kara by Sayuri Sugawara, etc.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I'd like to join this club as well!

Some of my favorite artists / bands are T.M.Revolution, Tohoshinki, Namie Amuro, UVERworld, Nami Tamaki, BoA, Kalafina, Perfume, Yuya Matsushita, Shibasaki Kou, SPYAIR, ONE OK ROCK, and many more!

Atari

Did it on 'em
I'll join this club if I could! The name's Sweet May and I've been into a mix of music from Japanese groups for a couple years. Some of my favorite artists/groups are Perfume, Mami Kawada, Nana Kitade, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Berryz Koubou, Rie fu, supercell, Kalafina, BoA, Crystal Kay, and Utada Hikaru. Honorary non-Jap mentions to Big Bang, Brown Eyed Girls, Jolin Tsai and Shinee. =P

But as for my top, top favorite, I can't decide between Mami Kawada or Rie fu, heehee. Waiting on the former's new single though! Not a fan of the anime the single's song is used in so I'm waiting for the release to actually listen to serment.

(consider this a bump too)
Welcome! And thanks. c=

I've heard of Perfume (Cho-ko-le-i-to Di-su-ko! ~), Mami Kawada (I LOVE I've Sound bands! PSI-missing is my fav from her btw), Crystal Kay. I'm also a huge fan of BoA, in both her Korean and Japanese works! The Face, Identity, and Girls on Top are probably my favorite albums from her. c: I haven't really heard of the other bands, but I'll def check out Rie fu and the others.

I'd love to join this club! I'm MagicMochi but I also go by Magic or Mochi. I've been a big fan of Japanese music ever since I saw my first anime opening XD My favorite bands are UVERworld, The Sketchbook, and HI-Fi Camp. My favorite songs are Message by the The Sketchbook, Core Pride by UVERworld, Kimi ga iru kara by Sayuri Sugawara, etc.
Hey Magic/Mochi/MagicMochi welcome to the club! Haven't heard those bands before, but I'll fer sure check em out. c:

I'd like to join this club as well!

Some of my favorite artists / bands are T.M.Revolution, Tohoshinki, Namie Amuro, UVERworld, Nami Tamaki, BoA, Kalafina, Perfume, Yuya Matsushita, Shibasaki Kou, SPYAIR, ONE OK ROCK, and many more!
Welcome FireEmblemAddict! (I'm addicted to FE as well lol.) Like I said above I'm a big BoA fan! Also, just have to say I FREAKING LOVE the new single by Namie Amuro (Sit!Stay!Wait!Down/Love Story). Also, I recently downloaded SPYAIR but I haven't had a chance to listen yet. =p

Indigoodra

Meow, Atari showed me this and I decided to join :3

So far, I've only heard music by Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, and BoA, but I AM looking for more. :)

So yeah, I'm joining now!

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
I'd like to join!
I'm a fan of music of all languages. From English, German, to Japanese! \
I only have stuff from The Gazette, Ali Project, and some Vocaloid songs. I know its not much, but this club will get me open into more music!

Even if I don't listen to the music of the artist, a lot of musicians/artists/bands from Japan (and Asia) have very good style, and look very nice. I really adore the style and image of the two bands I know and love. (Yeah, I know the image doesn't make the music :p )

Anyways, I'm here. Hello. How are you?

Pokemon Geek

Doom Trainer
I would like to join this club. Got introduced to the music through anime and have become a pretty huge fan since then. Some of my favourites include Masaki Endoh, Granrodeo, Flow, Kra and Nico Touches the Walls.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Meow, Atari showed me this and I decided to join :3

So far, I've only heard music by Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, and BoA, but I AM looking for more. :)

So yeah, I'm joining now!
Yay welcome to the club!

Anyway if you haven't already checked out the bands I showed you I'll link you to a couple of their songs (definitely check them out!):

Gimme Gimme - Mademoiselle Yulia
Dekinai - Olivia

I'd like to join!
I'm a fan of music of all languages. From English, German, to Japanese! \
I only have stuff from The Gazette, Ali Project, and some Vocaloid songs. I know its not much, but this club will get me open into more music!

Even if I don't listen to the music of the artist, a lot of musicians/artists/bands from Japan (and Asia) have very good style, and look very nice. I really adore the style and image of the two bands I know and love. (Yeah, I know the image doesn't make the music :p )

Anyways, I'm here. Hello. How are you?
Hey, welcome to the club. c=

I love Ali Project a lottt. I just got into them recently, but my favorites from them so far are Baragoku Otome, Gokuraku Kei Hime, and Katana to Saya.

I think you may like exist†trace and Yousei Teikoku. Check em out and tell me if you like. c:

I would like to join this club. Got introduced to the music through anime and have become a pretty huge fan since then. Some of my favourites include Masaki Endoh, Granrodeo, Flow, Kra and Nico Touches the Walls.
I'm learning about so many bands I've never heard of before. o': Anyway, welcome to the club!

Also, to everyone: Anyone know of any J- or K- bands touring the United States this Spring/Summer? The last time I've had the chance to see someone like that was Shonen Knife in '08. I wish more bands toured around this country. :< (Not to be American selfish, any announced European tours from anyone either?)

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
^I like the sound of them!
Both bands you menchined have good music, seem to have solid lyrics, and as a bonus have really good looking members :3

Another one I forgot to menchin was Gacket. I listened to his stuff, and he has everything I just menchined above me <3

I like Ali Project for the fact that I can have their music going whenever I want peace with myself. I know it doesn't sound "cheerful", but I'm with peace with myself when listening to a lot of their softer songs. The language is very soothing and lovely and its easy to get relaxed with.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
To be honest, I haven't heard much outside the songs from the Ouendan series, but listening to the original versions of all of the songs from those games and that got me interested in Japanese music. Especially Morning Musume. The first time I heard Koi No Dance Site, I was hooked by the catchy, haunting melody. It made me want to get up and punch to the song. Eventually I listened to another one of their songs, As For One Day. And that song was another winner for me. It had a similar haunting feel to it that I liked about Koi No Dance Site, and I listen to both songs a lot. ...I haven't heard anything by them other than those two songs though. I'm not sure how this group can help me know more about Japanese music, as my knowledge of it is very small. But is it alright if I join incase I ever feel the urge to learn and discuss about Japanese music?

Last edited:

Atari

Did it on 'em
I like Ali Project for the fact that I can have their music going whenever I want peace with myself. I know it doesn't sound "cheerful", but I'm with peace with myself when listening to a lot of their softer songs. The language is very soothing and lovely and its easy to get relaxed with.
I know what you're saying. It's really the same for me listening to Mell and Kotoko. Their songs are so soothing. ~ They help me to relax a lot of times.

Also speaking of Ali Project... Have you heard their new single released a few days ago? I was so excited when I heard about it. Kyomu Densen.

To be honest, I haven't heard much outside the songs from the Ouendan series, but listening to the original versions of all of the songs from those games and that got me interested in Japanese music. Especially Morning Musume. The first time I heard Koi No Dance Site, I was hooked by the catchy, haunting melody. It made me want to get up and punch to the song. Eventually I listened to another one of their songs, As For One Day. And that song was another winner for me. It had a similar haunting feel to it that I liked about Koi No Dance Site, and I listen to both songs a lot. ...I haven't heard anything by them other than those two songs though. I'm not sure how this group can help me know more about Japanese music, as my knowledge of it is very small. But is it alright if I join incase I ever feel the urge to learn and discuss about Japanese music?
Welcome and glad to have you! c=

Koi no Dance Site is pretty good. Morning Musume always has something interesting going on I think. If you haven't heard of it yet, check out Shabondama by them. That's their first song I heard by MM (and the first single from a Japanese band lol), and it's still one of my faves.

Atari

Did it on 'em
^ Glad you like Gimme Gimme. Yeah, Mademoiselle is awesome. ;D

I'm curie what you think about the band 'else. I bought their CD pretty cheaply on amazon jp a while ago and oh my gosh they're amazing I think. They were active in the 90's and I'm unsure if they ever became popular. Angel Talk - 'else

Indigoodra

^ Glad you like Gimme Gimme. Yeah, Mademoiselle is awesome. ;D

I'm curie what you think about the band 'else. I bought their CD pretty cheaply on amazon jp a while ago and oh my gosh they're amazing I think. They were active in the 90's and I'm unsure if they ever became popular. Angel Talk - 'else

Meow, that was actually pretty good :)

Although, I have to admit, I'm a little more into electro/dancepop than rock-type music. (i.e. Koda Kumi or, uh, Roisin Murphy (she's Irish, actually, but w/e))

Atari

Did it on 'em
Meow, that was actually pretty good :)

Although, I have to admit, I'm a little more into electro/dancepop than rock-type music. (i.e. Koda Kumi or, uh, Roisin Murphy (she's Irish, actually, but w/e))
Nyan ~

The Birthday Massacre and Crystal Castles are my two top favorite North American bands EVER (both happen to be Canadian). I have a feeling you may like both. c: Japanese wise, definitely definitely check out the I've Sound scene. I think you'd like every one of the bands in that production group.

Would the Vocaloid songs count as stuff from Japan? If so I got some great things I could bring up :3
Sure go ahead. c:

I actually own Miku but I'm still not that great at producing full on songs. It makes me appreciate how hard people work on some of the Vocaloid hits.

Indigoodra

Meow, I have recently been listening to Ayu's stuff, and I'm really liking M and Mirrorcle World.
Why do I like the most depressing songs the most? @___@

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Allright, I'm doing the new banner for the thread, but for small signature support banners. Should I use something like a sprite from K-On or Vocaloid? I want it to be really small, and sprites are pretty small :>

Atari

Did it on 'em
Meow, I have recently been listening to Ayu's stuff, and I'm really liking M and Mirrorcle World.
Why do I like the most depressing songs the most? @___@
I've always been a fan of depressing works as well, so I know where you're coming from lol.

Wanted to point out this to you - Precious - Miu Sakamoto. It's really not depressing at all but I think you may like it!

Allright, I'm doing the new banner for the thread, but for small signature support banners. Should I use something like a sprite from K-On or Vocaloid? I want it to be really small, and sprites are pretty small :>
Signature support banners would be awesomeee. I would say anything Touhou or Vocaloid-related would be great. I think Houkago Teatime and Girls Dead Monster would work good as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.