• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

日本音楽部 [Japanese Music Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
I put some second thought to the K-On stuff.
If we represent the club with music in anime, were going to look like a bunch of wapanese weapoos. I like music more than I do anime, (I like both) however there are going to be people flocking here who say "OMG! That one intro from Naruto is cool" and leave. I'm not a leader of any sorts, but I think it would be better to be a japanese artist. One that would doesn't have massive loads of anime and has a large draw.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Who would you say is the representation of the current Japanese Music Industry. Not your favorite artist, but the one that is the most known!
This is a good topic! In terms of pop artists, I would probably have to say Ayumi Hamasaki. (Not Kumi Koda because she can never hold on the charts for more than one week.) In terms of rock bands... Probably Ikimono Gakari. In terms of idol groups... AKB48 and SKE48 seem pretty hot right now!

Side note: Kyomu Densen reached 16 on the Oricon charts last week. So proud. c:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Discounting anime stuff then, definitely AKB48. AKB48's popularity will skyrocket even further when their own anime series starts airing in April (It's called AKB0048 if anyone is interested).

Although chances are people will call you a weeaboo regardless of the fact the music comes from anime or not.

And I totally started listening to Japanese music because I liked one of Narutos opening that had a song by FLOW

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I want into this club so bad, guys. Not only because this is basically all I listen to, but because I kinda wanna expand my tastes, too.

Some of my favorite artists: JAM Project (MOST FAVORITE EVER), Psychic Lover, Kuribayashi Minami, Shimamiya Eiko, Tainaka Sachi, Endoh Masaaki, Okui Masami, and Ayane, to name a few I've been playing a lot lately. I feel my selection's a bit limited right now, but those should give you a good idea of what I like.

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Yeah, funny thing is I actually have more music from Scandinavia and Germnay ( its a 1 to 7 ratio)
I just like music of all languages, which is why I joined this club. Japanese music doesn't have to be anime related or your favorite in order to be in here :3

I would ask for Ruki from Gazette, as they are popular international! However, this could just be my personal intrest because I think he's hot <3

Atari

Did it on 'em
Although chances are people will call you a weeaboo regardless of the fact the music comes from anime or not.
Lol, so true.

@Twidragon: I would say to welcome everyone who has a slight interest in J-Music, including those who's only experience is with anime openings. As long as they're not spamming the thread and contribute something, it's fine I think. ^^

Speaking of openings... My two favorite opening songs (from anime that I've watched):
Daia no Hana - Yorico (Black Cat)
Karma - Bump of Chicken (Tales of the Abyss)

Last edited:

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Well I guess that was a bit of a hyporcritical statment, XD

I just hope people like Japanese music for being music. Not for shallow reasons like it being related to anime. I've seen people who do that, and its frustrating. They will fantasize over something, a band that did a soundtrack or voice actor. Its fanboy-isum at its sickest.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Lol I'm so behind in post order.
I want into this club so bad, guys. Not only because this is basically all I listen to, but because I kinda wanna expand my tastes, too.

Some of my favorite artists: JAM Project (MOST FAVORITE EVER), Psychic Lover, Kuribayashi Minami, Shimamiya Eiko, Tainaka Sachi, Endoh Masaaki, Okui Masami, and Ayane, to name a few I've been playing a lot lately. I feel my selection's a bit limited right now, but those should give you a good idea of what I like.
You've got really good taste!! I checked out the bands you listed and they're all really good. Admittedly I'd never heard of any of them before, but from first listen they've all got my approval (especially JAM Project and Tainaka Sachi)! And also, welcome to the club. c:

For an immediate recommendation I would say to check out some of MELL, exist†trace, Yousei Teikoku, and maybe some LAMA.

One of my favourite openings is Hyadain no Kakakata☆Kataomoi-C, it's extremely catchy, as is most of Hyadain's stuff.
Oh Hyadain. ~ I downloaded their Christmas single this past year and they're crazyyy. And lol that song & video is amazing. It was compelling me to wear a pair of 3D glasses the entire time.

Last edited:

Atari

Did it on 'em
^ Lol the link doesn't work any more. I found a 30 second clip of the song, and wow it sounds really cool!

Right now I'm working on a few new banners for the club, so I should have them all up fairly soon! In the mean time...

New Topic: What is/are your favorite artist collaboration/s?

Currently both of mine are a part of the M-Flo loves series! I'm so in love with both of these songs so I would recommend them to anyone who is a fan of any of the artists.

Reeewind! - M-Flo loves Crystal Kay
Love Comes and Goes - m-flo loves 日之内エミ & Ryohei & Emyli & YOSHIKA & LISA

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
*Kicks dirt, and why not, Joins*

I love and listen to lots of Perfume, Koda Kumi, Ikimonogakari, Do As Infinity, Crystal Kay, AAA, Aqua Timez, Ayumi Hamasaki, CHEMISTRY, DEEP, EXILE, FLOW, Galileo Gallelei and many more….

Atari

Did it on 'em
*Kicks dirt, and why not, Joins*

I love and listen to lots of Perfume, Koda Kumi, Ikimonogakari, Do As Infinity, Crystal Kay, AAA, Aqua Timez, Ayumi Hamasaki, CHEMISTRY, DEEP, EXILE, FLOW, Galileo Gallelei and many more….
Welcome to the club! You've definitely got a expanded taste. I'll check out the ones I haven't heard of a little later. c:

Okay, this was on the charts a couple weeks ago. Someone explain plz.
Kill Me Baby - ???

PS. This club will probably die due lack of activity

Indigoodra

Okay, this was on the charts a couple weeks ago. Someone explain plz.
Kill Me Baby - ???

PS. This club will probably die due lack of activity

Oh God, because that's totally not going to perpetuate stereotypes of Japanese culture. And for 2 1/2 minutes, that seemed to drag on forever @___@

And yeah, this club is dying ;-;

Atari

Did it on 'em
Oh God, because that's totally not going to perpetuate stereotypes of Japanese culture. And for 2 1/2 minutes, that seemed to drag on forever @___@

And yeah, this club is dying ;-;
Lol the entire time I was watching it I was thinking, 'Japan... oh you!' Actually, the more times you watch it, the more the bizarreness seems to accumulate upon itself.

We should totally go out and recruit new members! I feel like we had a lot of momentum going on earlier this month but it only lasted for about 2 hours for some reason.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Interested in joining, just because I want to, if you would have me of course.

I mostly listen to doujin/independent music; but if we are talking about bands/sound units people actually might (or even probably won't know, they're generally considered obscura) know, I am very much into units like Asriel, 少女病 (Shoujobyou, girldisease), 六弦アリス (Rokugen Alice) and similar symphonic genre units/bands. As for doujin/independent music, I just got into Altersist, an independent album done by void from Diverse system, which is an album I find that's pure sex. Its sister album, Euphorise, done by Junk, is also pretty good, but I prefer Altersist. I hear you guys think this club is dying, and I like to think I know way too much about the Japanese scene here, so... I think I may be able to make some recommendations.

EDIT: Asuka if you are interested, I heard there are plans for a Muv-Luv anime, I think it will be called TOTAL ECLIPSE. Kind of off-topic and random but I suppose I will note it down as it means we may potentially be having a ridiculously kick-*** OP/ED theme befitting of an anime adaptation of a completely solid and wonderful VN trilogy.

Last edited:

Ambre

Power of Water
Hi. I want to know if I can join. I know a lot about jpop and want to gather more taste for the music. (My taste expands lightly from anime, and I want to see where I go from there). Right now I am listening to a lot of riyu kosaka. Despite how most people are, she led me to playing ddr this last month. I always thought that the people who played that game were geeks, but I was so wrong. Plus, it is introducing me to more jpop.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Sorry for the latenessss. Yeah I've been kind of hypocritical with my lack of posts here and hoping the club won't die, but hopefully I'll be able to post more with our new internet modem being set up.

Interested in joining, just because I want to, if you would have me of course.

I mostly listen to doujin/independent music; but if we are talking about bands/sound units people actually might (or even probably won't know, they're generally considered obscura) know, I am very much into units like Asriel, 少女病 (Shoujobyou, girldisease), 六弦アリス (Rokugen Alice) and similar symphonic genre units/bands. As for doujin/independent music, I just got into Altersist, an independent album done by void from Diverse system, which is an album I find that's pure sex. Its sister album, Euphorise, done by Junk, is also pretty good, but I prefer Altersist. I hear you guys think this club is dying, and I like to think I know way too much about the Japanese scene here, so... I think I may be able to make some recommendations.
Welcome to the club! c: I've been kind of confused by the whole doujin genre as a whole, although I do see tons of album release news from various circles during Comiket. Nearly all of the bands I’ve seen have released Touhou remixes, so I’m wondering if the genre is really centered around that? Concerning my library, the extent would be ALiCE'S EMOTiON, Halozy, and Kokuyasou.

I found the song Altersist by void, and no doubt they are freaking amazing. The sounds are so awesome, I see what you meant! x –x

I kept going and listened to Arctic Embrace, Act Beloved, and a couple others by them. The elements of their songs are really incredible! My new favorite band I think.

Hi. I want to know if I can join. I know a lot about jpop and want to gather more taste for the music. (My taste expands lightly from anime, and I want to see where I go from there). Right now I am listening to a lot of riyu kosaka. Despite how most people are, she led me to playing ddr this last month. I always thought that the people who played that game were geeks, but I was so wrong. Plus, it is introducing me to more jpop.
Of course you can join! Welcome. c:

I’ve been playing DDR for a while (Challenge mode is no problem for me, hell yea), and it’s probably one of the main contributors of what got me into listening to JPop. Pretty much anything composed by Naoki is totally boss imo. Plus, BeForU and Riyu are pretty sweet as well.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
I kept going and listened to Arctic Embrace, Act Beloved, and a couple others by them. The elements of their songs are really incredible! My new favorite band I think.

void is actually just one person. You can find some of void's stuff over at their hobby site, Mournfinale. Regarding the doujin scene, there's quite a bunch of solo and independent stuff and non-Touhou remixes running around but indeed the scene is focused mostly on Touhou. Especially with ZUN's policy of one main game release per year, we are often seeing new music from ZUN. But since he is getting married on Reitaisai this year, it's not known if that will change or if it will encourage his endeavours on Touhou.

If you are looking for circles that produce Touhou arranges, I recommend EastNewSound, DEMETORI if you are into metal, anyone involved with Pizuya Cell, older Alstroemeria Records (Minoshima) and Carrotwine.

Re: Bemani / iidx tracks
I'm a huge fan of older IIDX, but regarding more recent tracks, I'm always a staunch hyper of TATSH (though some people may consider him to be a bit overrated. Whatever, I still like his stuff) and if you like TATSH too he has done some Touhou arranges as well! Can't remember one that strikes me right off the bat though since I am tired right now.

CrystalSaurTower

おっす! I've been enamored with japanese music since I was in grade school when the Inuyasha ending themes came on late at night. After that I found a lot of awesome music on youtube (2005-2006) and I fell completely in love!

A lot of my selection comes from anime series (Pokemon as well) despite not being fans of too many series these days. My favorite artists are Rica Masumoto (SPURT!, Mezase Pokemon Master, High Touch), Hikaru Utada (But of course who isn't. "Colors" is my favorite of hers.) I like Ayumi Hamasaki's trance remixes better than her normal tracks for some reason ( M (above and beyond remix) for example), Mari Ijimma (after watching Macross), Nami Tamaki (I literally played every song on Don't Stay! until I come memorize the lyrics).

To be honest I really look for individual songs instead of artists since whenever I find a song I really like, I usually end up being underwhelmed by the rest of their discography (minus some exceptions). Probably because finding really interesting songs that are completely unique is part of the excitement. よろうしく!

Status
Not open for further replies.