• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1,000 Sega Genesis Titles for download on Rev

Paradox

Irate Pirate
From Iwata's GDC keynote speech
IGN.com said:
Iwata also announced partnerships with Sega and Hudson to offer downloadable access to their classic games via Revolution's Virtual Console. Revolution owners will be able to relive their past gaming glories from the Sega Genesis console by playing a "best of" selection from more than 1,000 Genesis titles, as well as games sold for the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). These games join Revolution's access to 20 years of fan-favorite Nintendo games from the NES(R), Super NES(R) and Nintendo(R) 64 eras.
Plenty of Sega classics in there then from the Genesis/Mega Drive. Not so sure about the TurboGrafix

Last edited:

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
Thats interesting, if sega are joining past games Rev list, could Saturn or Dreamcast be possible, I never got to play NIGHTS into Dreams.
Unlikely methinks.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Lists of Mega Drive games that could make it to the download service (For some reason they have been split into European/Japanese and North American releases)
European/Japanese:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Mega_Drive_Games
North American:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Genesis_games

Fond memories of Afterburner 2, Outrun, Battletoads, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Cool Spot, Dizzy, Lemmings 2, Lost Vikings, Phantasy Star 2-4, Sensible Soccer, Streets of Rage, Syndicate, Zool and Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
the turbografix has a total of 16 games if you wondering and I believe hudson owns them all so we should be seeing all of them on rev.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Oh man. Now I can play Phantasy Star IV without relying on an emulator. T__T

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Well, Sega has hinted at this for a while now, therefore, this comes as no surprise to me. :/ I'm sure to go pre-order my Revolution soon now. ^__^ Ah, Sega+N=nolifeforthegamerthathasaRevolution. XD

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Paradox said:
Fond memories of Afterburner 2, Outrun, Battletoads, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Cool Spot, Dizzy, Lemmings 2, Lost Vikings, Phantasy Star 2-4, Sensible Soccer, Streets of Rage, Syndicate, Zool and Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike
Lemmings 2 was on the SNES, I believe, as was Cool Spot. Battletoads was on the NES.

Is the payment method (if there is one) known yet?

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Mmm.... I heard that on IGN earlier. It's very exciting news really.

johnnyd2

UBER FLAMER!
sweet, along with the sonic games (which are virtual locks to be included), i REALLY want castlevania bloodlines to make it (sure it isnt that great but Ive become a castlevania junkie in the past month!)

Wes

Iblis Wings
That be,

Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Gems Collection

Now I only hope they add the 32x to the list cause Knuckles Chaotix is what I want to retry since...well a while ago I suppose. That and I'm gonna get Bonanza Bros and me some classic Streets of Rage! Them and probably Dynamite Headdy.

Last edited:

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Kojiro said:
Ah, back in the days, I would laugh if someone said I'd be playing Sonic games on a Nintendo....
I bet you $1,000,000 that Master Chief is going to be on the Playstation 5!

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I knew I was right. I assumed they would have Sega games since Sonic has been the most successful on Nintendo GC/GBA/DS unlike on PS2 or Xbox.

I agree with Wes. I seriously want to play Knuckle's Chaotix again, our cartridge for it got destroyed somehow several years ago :(

~Scott;229;

Wes

Iblis Wings
You're on! ^_^.

Anyway glad Sega are helping the Revolution. Hope they get more systems on like I don't know...Saturn and 32x. Granted Saturn would be one heck of a system for them to emulate seeing how much trouble they had with it. I guess the same for 32x.

Erus Black Mage

hopefully Sega saturn games will be downloaded as well

also I hope if it is downloadable you can download the staurn version of megaman 8

Chris

Old Coot
Geodude said:
You guys do realize that all of the Sonic games are already available in compilations right?
Logic doesn't work with folks. They'll keep wanting the old Sonic games on newer systems, even though they're easily available at an affordable price. :s

Screw the Sonic games. WHERE'S MY NiGHTS AND BURNING RANGERS? >:O

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Geo's got a good point, because obviously every single person who's getting a Revolution has a Gamecube. Nobody except Nintendo fans is getting this system .--.;

I wish they would release a Gamegear collection for the DS or GBA.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
ShiningClefairy said:
Is the payment method (if there is one) known yet?
Iwata said he wanted for it to be like iTunes, so that's a hint towards payment. although the stars/points gained from registering Nintendo games on their sites would be a good way around it