• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1 2 3 4 5, once I caught a fish alive...

How often do you fish on pokémon? What was the most recent pokémon you fished for? Do you dislike or like pokémon fishing? If you could change anything about pokémon fishing, what would it be? This is the thread for pokémon fishing. Enjoy!

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I fish kind of often. xD The last Pokemon I fished for was a Dragonite. :3

soundxfury

I mostly just fish to complete the Pokedex. Though sometimes I want to train a certain pokemon or need it for egg moves.

Flame Mistress

...Heck, I forgot that fishing was even in the games until I saw this XD

So... nope. Though maybe I should fish more often...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I only ever fish if I feel like it, or more commonly, completing my PokéDex. The last time I fished, I used my brother's Pearl version to get a Finneon. Chances are I might be fishing again tomorrow on my Diamond version.

Estellise

peachy
I mostly just fish to complete the Pokedex. Though sometimes I want to train a certain pokemon or need it for egg moves.

Me, too.......I spent 30 minutes to get my Finneon to level 30! Worst 30 minutes of my life......

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I caught a shiny Magikarp while fishing.

Although it was probably unpopular, I did like the extra work you put into fishing in Hoenn.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I don't really fish at all. In fact, in games where the fishing rods are optional, I don't even get them.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
It would be nice if the fishing system got an upgrade were you could use different lures or bait to increase the chances of the rarer fishables getting hooked. And maybe baits that attract poke on from different regions due to it's makeup being similar to their native lands.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
What I don't understand is how you can encounter some Pokémon only while fishing and not surfing (and vice-versa). Maybe there's some biological reason to this, but I'm not a fish-and-game expert.

Fishing in the games is just too out-of-the-way for me. That's why I don't fish.

EonDragonFTW

I honestly don't care for fishing. It's ok, and is one of the only way to catch wild pokes in towns, but I could do without it

The last time I fished was for Luvdisc in Pokemon Black... I had to steal Heart Scales from them. Needless to say I beat up a lot of Luvdisc with Thief.

I'm so mean. D:

Hardly ever. Fishing is even boring in pokemon. Don't know how they do it. -_-

x-sayrie-x

I'm not a huge fan of fishing.

In fact, I hadn't fished once in my White game until a few days ago; I was fishing for Luvdisc so I could Thief some Heart Scales.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I used to fish back in the previous gens, but the ridiculously over leveled (40-50) pokemon found in the waters of Unova kind of discourage me from fishing this gen. I prefer to raise pokemon from a low level rather than a higher one.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I don't fish too often. Only for the pokedex. I tried a fishing shiny hunt once and they're just so not worth it...