• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1 of My Best Pokemon Red Team Please Rate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Starmie

Minimize
Psychic/Water Move (surf or hydropump)
Substitute
Recover

Psychic type are over powered in Gen 1. The best team is to find pokemon who can withstand the Psychic types. Starmie is very quick and therefore I start out with a minimize then substitute (possibly taking one attack), then I recover. Starmie can recover basicallly half of its Hp after the substitute takes the hit you will be fully recovered with a substitute andd hard to hit. You can either minimize 1-2 more times or just psychic them to death.

2.Alakazam

Recover
Double Team
Psychic
Substitute

This is the same tactic as stamie except with out the waekness to electric type. Double team , Substitute, Recover , Psychic.....blah blah . Its a boring strategy but extremelyyyy effective. Alakazam is also super fast so you will almost always hit first.

3. Exeggutor

Hypnosis
Megadrain
Psychic
Substitute

This is my fun pokemon. Using a variant on the Substitute recover technique . I start with Hypnosis then substitute then... you guessed it, mega drain to get that HP back up! Exeggutor is the only grass pokemon in gen 1 not super effected by psychic type, making it perfect for an over powered gen 1 world.

4. Charizard

Fissure
Fire Spin
Toxic
Fire Blast/Fly

I love charizard he is awesome. The second winning strategy is using toxic then any move similar to wrap like, I dont know, Fire Spin? once toxic is used that pokemon will die eventually. Toxic doubles up every turn so using moves similar to wrap lets toxic fully set in and start dealing great damage. I can use Motres for the fire version of this as well but not arcanine,,, never him.

5. Mewtwo

Psychic
Recover
Substitute
Amnesia

Why use Mewtwo? Because DUH!,, he has the best stats in the game,,ANDDD he is psychic type. The only move that is super effective against him is pinmissle learned by beedrill and jolteon. lol it would be funny if either of them could last even one psychic attack by Mewtwo. Mewtwo is also one of the fastest in the game so you might consider teaching him doubleteam, but with his special as high as it is amnesia makes more sense. You could also use toxic instead of amnesia,, just for funsies, you could even use splash instead of amnesia with Mewtwo it wont honestly matter.

6. Tauros

Horn Drill
Earth Quake
Hyper Beam
Double Team

Oh whats that? You made it through the other Five Pokemon. Well unless your name is Gengar and thats very unlikely then you are probably in for a rough ride. Horndrill is for people like snorlax. Snaorlax`s one hit K.O. move Fissure only works if the one who uses it has a higher speed. I would think this is common knowledge but News Flash,, Snorlax is slow!!!! Tauros on the other hand is very fast and Horn Drill works on almost everyone. Nidoking is good with horn drill too, but psychic types tear him to shreds. Double team is good so you wont get hit as often. Hyper beam is just so if your opponent has 1 HP left and you could literally kill them with Tackle you still use Hyper Beam ,,because its just fun :).

2 of these pokemon are intechangeable. This is an O.K. team I keep my actual more deadly team to myself if you message me I may give you the name of one of the other 2-4 pokemon I use instead. You may always need to change a few pokemon based on the opponent in any generation! No team is Perfect so experiment guys and have fun!!

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'm interested in who this team is aimed at fighting. If it's in-game then there's no need for any kind of strategy. If you're just battling friends with no real metagame experience then it may work. But if you're going to battle someone with a lot of experience with metagaming, and one that plays with standard 1st gen clauses then you've shot yourself in the foot with most of your sets. Can you tell me what type of person it's meant to be battling against, so I can give it a fair rate?

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
Team looks fine but a little boring with almost all the same moves, anyway just wanna say if this is for Red, (which it says in your title) Charizard can't learn Fly in Red/Blue, just Yellow and all the games after.

This team will wok against any team there is,, that is because psychic types are super over powered. This may bring out a long drawn out battle but for gen 1 this is th ultimate way to win. I could basically just put up Mewtwo with his moveset he will never lose. Mewtwo is sooo fast, and because there is nothing that is super effective against him, the substitue will take major hits for him. Once I use amnesia and then psychic its game over in like 3 moves max, unless its another mewtwo. Starmie is perfect because its not effected as much by psychic types, and minimize make it a hard target. While you are missing him his has a substitute up and full health.

So to recap the best possible team for a gen 1 team is a psychic team so this team is the best because it has the best possible chance of winning against psychic types. Of all the people who Ive battled if mewtwo is in both teams it almost always comes down to mewtwo vs mewtwo. The moveset I have for my Mewtwo is the best hands down its the only way to win pretty much.

So razor leaf if you have a gen 1 team that can beat that one, I would love to see it. The only move super effective against pyschic types is jolteon or beedrills pin missile but it wont kill a mewtwo , and neither of those pokemon can survive mewtwos psychic attack , certainly not after amnesia is used. Ghost type isn't effective against him either so gengar can get thrown out real quick. Iv'e been through it a hundred times and can only think of replacing exeggutor, and tauros , with mew (psychic type) and cloyster.

Status
Not open for further replies.