• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

10/5 New opening theme: "Alola!!" by Satoshi (Rica Matsumoto) w Pikachu (Ikue Ohtani)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
From what I've heard so far in the trailers, I like this theme. It's energetic, but not over the top, and it seems to fit with the Hawaiian vibes. I also like the chorus of children in the background. But then, I tend to like the themes Rica Matsumoto - excuse me, Satoshi sings. However, I will save my final judgment for when the first episode airs and I can hear the theme without any narration over it.

Maldread said:
As long as it doesn't end up being the go-to song for every single capture, evolution, and hype moment like Volt or XY&Z (at least this song was lit, so more bearable), then it sounds fitting.

That was probably the only problem I had with using the opening themes as insert songs. "XY&Z" worked perfectly as an insert song, but a lot of times, "Volt" did not. It worked in the Team Flare finale, but it did not work for many of the Pokémon evolutions or hype moments. However, "Alola!" sounds like it could work as an insert song for evolutions.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think an instrumental version of the song or any of the music from S&M will work well with certain moments in the anime.

IMHO, instrumentals are usually appropriate for most situations. It's the vocal versions of the songs that can be hits or misses as insert songs. For instance, Fletchlinder's evolution into Talonflame was awesome, but the vocal version of "Volt" just seemed so awkward paired with that scene. Talonflame is using Brave Bird on Moltres...to the tune of Pokémon types being rattled off. >_<

However, "Alola!" sounds like it could work as a vocal insert song. I suppose I will have to wait until I can actually hear the lyrics, though.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The writers and producers should just bring back the old insert songs... I mean you can literally put the AG one on any scene you like and it would fit.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
For instance, Fletchlinder's evolution into Talonflame was awesome, but the vocal version of "Volt" just seemed so awkward paired with that scene. Talonflame is using Brave Bird on Moltres...to the tune of Pokémon types being rattled off. >_<

Uh... but they played Kirakira in that scene.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
IMHO, instrumentals are usually appropriate for most situations. It's the vocal versions of the songs that can be hits or misses as insert songs. For instance, Fletchlinder's evolution into Talonflame was awesome, but the vocal version of "Volt" just seemed so awkward paired with that scene. Talonflame is using Brave Bird on Moltres...to the tune of Pokémon types being rattled off. >_<

However, "Alola!" sounds like it could work as a vocal insert song. I suppose I will have to wait until I can actually hear the lyrics, though.

i think you're thinking of fletchling into fletchinder, fletchinder into talonflame was kirakira. nonetheless, i do agree that instrumentals usually fit evolutions and moments like that better.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Uh... but they played Kirakira in that scene.

...So they did. Either I am getting my theme songs confused or my evolution scenes confused. Well, this is rather embarrassing.

mystic9899 said:
i think you're thinking of fletchling into fletchinder, fletchinder into talonflame was kirakira.

Yes, I was thinking of Fletchling evolving into Fletchlinder with "Volt" playing in the background. I don't know why I was thinking they used "Volt" for Fletchlinder's evolution into Talonflame. :redface:

doofinc

get rillaboomed
So apparently she performed the new theme song yesterday. Anyone have a link to that performance? Also links to the other performances that day would be nice (Getta Ban Ban, Ikou Ze, and if there are others).

Soniman

Break the Limit
So apparently she performed the new theme song yesterday. Anyone have a link to that performance? Also links to the other performances that day would be nice (Getta Ban Ban, Ikou Ze, and if there are others).

where did you hear this from?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I found really interesting they Ohtani is appearing more on songs. I mean, she kinda did some vocals for PeaceSmile, then we got the Pikachu song and now she's duetting (?) with Rica for this one.

But I still hope she gets to sing something with actual, "non-Pikachu speak" language. I've seen her work for other anime and she's a quite decent singer.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It sounds soooo exciting, like your heart is pounding through each step as you and your best bud start their next adventure! Fantastic job Rica! I can't wait for the tv size version and OP air next week! I think I did hear Pikachu say a few Pika's with the chorus. The song pumps you up for each new episode, her songs always are the best!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The version on Pokenchi was pretty good listening! :)

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
the instrumental was good, but i feel like her voice from the trailer is a lot better than her live performance. but that's to be expected i guess.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
This opening is awesome! The trailer sounds a bit better, but the live performance was still a great tune. Can't wait to hear it in an episode :3