• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

100 win BT doubles team.

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
I think this is a potential 100 win team. I have reached 88 wins with this team losing to bronzong/claydol. Tell me what you think this team needs to get over the top.

Iv's are max or close to max where they matter. These pokes are solid to excellent in all areas.

LEADS
GARCHOMP
JOLLY
YACHE BERRY (I AM CONSIDERING WHITE HERB TO RESTORE STATUS)
4DEF/252ATT/252SPEED
ROCKSLIDE/SWORDS DANCE/DRAGON CLAW/EQ
&
TOGEKISS
IMPISH
SITRUS BERRY
252HP/156SPDEF/100DEF
SWAGGER/SAFEGUARD/FOLLOW ME/TOXIC

SUBSTITUTES
LATIOS
TIMID
WHITE HERB (I AM CONSIDERING YACHE BERRY HERE)
HELPING HAND/REFLECT/DRACO METEOR/THUNDERBOLT
&
REGISTEEL
SASSY
LEFTOVERS
4HP/252DEF/252SPDEF
PROTECT/CURSE/AMNESIA/IRON HEAD

Basic stratagy is to use follow me and swords dance on the first move. the steel can come in when needed. the latios comes in when one of the others-(usually the tkiss) falls.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I think this is a potential 100 win team. I have reached 88 wins with this team losing to bronzong/claydol. Tell me what you think this team needs to get over the top.

Iv's are max or close to max where they matter. These pokes are solid to excellent in all areas.

LEADS
GARCHOMP
JOLLY
choice band/scarf
4DEF/252ATT/252SPEED
stone edge
fire fang
outrage
EQ
maby a little more power will put you over the top, and fire fang to take out bronzong
&
TOGEKISS
IMPISH
leftovers/shellbell
252HP/156SPDEF/100DEF
SWAGGER
SAFEGUARD
FOLLOW ME
thunder wave
thunderwave>toxic to slow them down so the choice band garchomp is favourable

SUBSTITUTES
LATIOS
TIMID
WHITE HERB (I AM CONSIDERING YACHE BERRY HERE)
ice beam
REFLECT/calm mind
DRACO METEOR
THUNDERBOLT
boltbeam is great, it can beat that claydol you mentioned, also consider calm mind because latios is beastly with calm mind.(ps it would be useful if you posted its EVs)
&
REGISTEEL
SASSY
LEFTOVERS
4HP/252DEF/252SPDEF
PROTECT/substitute
CURSE
AMNESIA
IRON HEAD
the double defense strategy, it would be effective if you invested more into HP, substitute would work well there to protect you from para/burn hax.

here are the EVs i was thinking of

252 hp/100 def/128 sdef/28 atk

Basic stratagy is to use follow me and swords dance on the first move. the steel can come in when needed. the latios comes in when one of the others-(usually the tkiss) falls.

I hope i helped, because it could be a pain redoing registeel's EVs

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
thanks for the reply

I hope i helped, because it could be a pain redoing registeel's EVs

thanks for the input Peacemaker.
GARCHOMP
The SD boosts the chomp-he gets a free pump when tkiss uses FOLLOW ME.
Fire Fang with choice band won't 2ko zong. Chomp has to run from the Claydol/zong combo because he has no effective moves, and the claydol has ICEBEAM. At 169 chomp outruns almost everything in the tower. Those that it can't outrun are forced to attack the tkiss. When the zong uses TRICKROOM-FOLLOW ME still has priority. ROCKSLIDE hits both opponents and has a 30% flinch rate. After SD it has nearly the same power/better accuracy/a possible flinch, and hits both enemies.
Never been a fan of OUTRAGE in the BT your luck is always bad vs. the AI, and I like to be in control of my pokes in case I must switch out.

TOGEKISS
you suggest the move THUNDERWAVE-I don't have a speed problem. Latios outruns starmie-(the fastest enemy poke in the tower). Garchomp out paces nearly everything else. Togekiss has priority with FOLLOW ME. I was thinking of maybe WISH? To make tkiss last longer?

LATIOS
sorry about no EV's-
They are 4spdef/252speed/252spatt.
I really like your advice with LATIOS. I should add ICEBEAM over HELPING HAND. I don't think I need CALM MIND with White Herb. But I will play with a version of Lati similar to the one you prescibed.

REGISTEEL
I like your thoughts regarding Regi too. Your right-I can't redo Regi because he is level 100 and I don't have a UT clone of him. I understand what you are going for with SUBSTITIUTE. I have one with that move set for singles. But when Regi ends up teamed with Garchomp he needs to be able to protect himself from the 550 power EQ the chomp sends throughout the field. I am not even sure if this is the right poke for the job. I am thinking about adding Clefable to the mix. Like this-let me know what you think.

Clefable-
Impish
Leftovers
252hp/100def/156spdef
Follow Me/Protect/Cosmic Power/????? attack move

Anyway thanks.
Anybody else want to chime in?

Ampy

Light The Stars
Please change the format, it's really blinding and confusing to read. Anyways, having 3 Ice Weakness (two 2x, and one 4x) probably isn't desirable, even though Registeel resists it. Also IMO, Latias works better for support then Latios.

BadIntent

MSankey
From what I've seen the Latios+Metagross backup combo is very common and, from experience, works better than Latios+Registeel. Metagross has almost the same physical defense, and its massive physical attack more than makes up for its lower Special Defense. I'm not sure if you know this, but there is a whole lot more hax in the battle tower than in normal gameplay. So your Registeel will undoubtedly be subject to many critical hits which bypass the stat boosts from Amnesia and Curse. Also when you send out Registeel, it can only mean that your initial sweep with Garchomp failed- most likely to an Ice type. Metagross has Bullet Punch which can finish off speedy Ice type Pokemon (or Ice attack users) before they have a chance to exploit that weakness in the rest of your team. For the record, Starmie is faster than Latios. 115 Base Speed. Lastly, Metagross will 2KO Claydol with Meteor Mash and can live an Earth Power with HP to spare. At the same time it will almost always outlast Bronzong if you keep pounding it with Meteor Mash. Bronzong's only effective move against Metagross is Earthquake which has its power reduced in double battles to 75%.

However, if you decide to keep Registeel I suggest you alter its moveset to be:

Protect
Curse
Iron Head
Explosion

Amnesia isn't really needed as Registeel walls most special attackers without stats boosts. Plus Togekiss and Latios have decent Special Defense anyway. Explosion is a dirty trick that works in the Battle Tower because the CPU doesn't metagame and they can't predict you. If you get rid of Calm Mind/Reflect on Latios, you can Protect and Explode to KO both opponents.

Air Slash or Heat Wave is definitely better on Togekiss than Thunder Wave or Toxic in my opinion. Relying too much on stall will get you haxxed out of the battle tower. Heat Wave also gets a good hit on Bronzong and Ice types. And if it doesn't do a lot to Bronzong, than you've revealed that it has Heatproof and is vulnerable to Earthquake. Air Slash lets you abuse flinch hax and gets STAB. Keep the White Herb on Latios, and the rest looks good to me!

I hope that helped; if you want to test that team against me on PBR just let me know. I'll even run a Claydol and Bronzong on my team just so you can practice against them.

EDIT: If you want some more rates, you're definitely better off changing your format ._.

Last edited: