• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

100% win rate, still need help

Here it is:

Quick look

dpmfb469.png
dpmfb130.png
dpmfb251.png
dpmfb485.png
dpmfb212.png
dpmfb230.png

yanmega.png

Yanmega@Focus sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP/2 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hypnosis/Protect

This pokemon is only walled completely by 3 ou pokemon: zapdos, blissey and skarmory. Offensive teams that start by using stealth rock suicide leads get there stealth rock up, but soon realize they are going to be killed the next turn. I didn't even bother giving him protect because most leads don't try and attack me first turn so I can hit them instead of going for a free speedboost. Hypnosis is an awesome move to have, even though it finds a way to miss most of the time. When pokemon that get 3hkoed come in and can do some decent damage I just for for the hypnosis and they have to sit there waiting to wake up. Hidden power ground is for the once reliable yanmega counters: heatran and magnazone. Some versions of heatran still manage to live the attack, but my focus sash is there to save me, but the most used versions of these two pokemon get ohkoed. If a blissey comes in I put it to sleep and go to scizor.

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd/2 SAtk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

I use this gyarados to lure out walls and at least soften some of the hardest I picked stone edge and ice fang so I could hit celebi hard with ice fang and zapdos hard with stone edge. Things that are weak to earthquake usually don't come out right away fearing being koed by a super effective blow. The first thing my opponant thinks to do when it sees I have stone edge is to switch in something that would normally be killed by ice fang, but they don't expect that.

celebi.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi is used to take status that could throw my team off pace. It also messes stall teams up by leech seeding them. Hidden power fire and grass knot for gyarados and steels. Grass knot also helps me with starmie, who gives my team some trouble without a powerful stab grass move. Celebi also helps me with suicune, who is a problem.

heatran.png

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/16 SAtk/240 SDef
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Will-o-wisp
- Stealth Rock

As we all know heatran is a great sweeper with an amazing special attack stat. What you might not know is that heatran gives amazing support. With 91 base hp and 106 defense/ sp.defense, heatran can take any non super effective kind hit you want to throw at him, and even then he can take most super special attacks. With celebi on this team heatran has all of his weaknesses covered with my other support. This allows then to leech seed/burn stall. Will-o-wisp is set garchomp, salamence and gyarados back a couple steps, then celebi can come in and take them out easily.

scizor.png

Scizor@Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Technican
EVs:220 HP/ 236 Atk/ 52 Spd

-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor/Roost
-Superpower/Roost

Bullet Punch is just a blessing for my favorite Pokemon and it isn't afraid to abuse it. X-Scissor offers a really reliable STAB, while Roost provides a cancellation to the stupid Life Orb recoil. Superpower is a BIG BIG move on Scizor as it can stop the Pokemon that wall it most commonly or that counter it, (Magnezone, Heatran). Still I'm willing to give it up for Roost if I really need Roost, or I can just pack lefties and have both of them.

kingdra.png

Kingdra@Leftovers
Ability:Sniper
EVs:116 HP/ 252 Atk/ 140 Spd

-Drangon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Substute

Just like scizor, Kingdra was given a great gift in platinium, Outrage. this set is great for late game come in on one of kingdra's resistances, DD on the switch. I placed Sub in there to stop any status moves stoping me from sweeping. Waterfall and outrage are I there for the stab

There it is Rate, Comment, steal.

Last edited:

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
This Shoddy or Wifi?
Anyways, look solid, just watch out for Focus Sash anti lead Infernape and anti lead weavile, weavile especially as he will mess up your lead badly.

And I would suggest adding Stone Edge on Gyarados instead of Earthquake so you can hit other Gyarados.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
yanmega.png

Yanmega@Focus sash
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hypnosis

It still would be best to consider Protect > Hypnosis for revenge killing purposes, especially since Hypnosis' accuracy is pretty bad now. And so you dont lose 99% of your HP against Weavile, Azelf, Ape leads, also for effective scouting.

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd/2 SAtk
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge/Earthquake

252 Atk/ 252 Spd, the extra HP EVs do not help whatsoever, especially when you take into account that your HP is still going to be lost by the same percentage when you're using Life Orb and do not have Stealth Rock support. LO Gyara seems very redundant with Kingdra to be honest.

Stone Edge > Earthquake as it gets far better coverage.

scizor.png

Scizor@Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Technican
EVs:232HP/Atk252HP/24 Def

-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor/Roost
-Superpower/Roost

Having Superpower doesnt mean a thing when one of the pokes you listed you would use it on, comes in on the SD and then traps, outspeeds and then kills you with a STAB Thunderbolt.

220 HP/ 236 Atk/ 52 Spd

^ Which gives you a leftovers recovery point and outspeeds standard Magnezone so it can feel the wrath of that SD Superpower.

kingdra.png

Kingdra@Leftovers
Ability:Sniper
EVs:180HP/252Atk/78Spd

-Drangon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Substute

Spread needs a lot of help, after 2 Dragon Dances this spread is aimed to outspeed Scarf Garchomp, which obviously is no longer needed. Instead use:

116 HP/ 252 Atk/ 140 Spd

^ Which outspeeds Scarf Gengar and Deoxys after 2 Dragon Dances and also gets a leftovers recovery point while still retaining some bulkiness in tact.

Other than that the team is very bog standard.

Last edited:

Fres <3

It still would be best to consider Protect > Hypnosis for revenge killing purposes, especially since Hypnosis' accuracy is pretty bad now. And so you dont lose 99% of your HP against Weavile, Azelf, Ape leads, also for effective scouting.
Almost all Yanmega have Protect they all will know he is protecting so they will set-up

As i sad protect isn't realy working on Yanmega (IMO)
i would put any move over it.
but on the Hypnosis part ur rigth that move fails rigth now...

Master Marc Spirt

Poké Master de 3rd
This team is pretty good but Yanmega should be;
Yanmega@wide lens/Life orb
Nature-Modest
Ability-Speed boost
EVs 252SP ATK 252Speed 4HP
IVs 31 in SP ATK and Speed
Moves;
-Hypnosis
-Protect
-Bugg buzz
-air slash
And on heatran you need to remove Overheat and put in Flamethrower.

Fres <3

Yanmega@Focus sash
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain/Shadow Ball
Hypnosis has TO low Hypnosis
and protect gets to predictable

This team is pretty good but Yanmega should be;
Yanmega@wide lens/Life orb
Nature-Modest
Ability-Speed boost
EVs 252SP ATK 252Speed 4HP
IVs 31 in SP ATK and Speed
Moves;
-Hypnosis
-Protect
-Bugg buzz
-air slash
And on heatran you need to remove Overheat and put in Flamethrower.

huh...that yanmega get totally walled buy most steels. I like overheat on heatran it's got more of a kick to it.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Hypnosis misses, which Yanmega can't afford really. Protect allows it to revenge kill and scout at all time during the match, while buying it a speed up to outspeed said pokes it will want to revenge kill.

EDIT: The 76 HP EVs on LOGyarados achieve nothing, thought I'd reiterate that.