• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

100 win streak battle tower team (diamond) please rate.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
err, technically this is two teams but the first is being replaced by the second. So please ignore the spoiler for rating because it's pretty obvious what the problem is with the first team as it's just intended as a fun/easy battle points grinding team.

This is my initial team hastily palparked over for quick, easy Battle point grinds to get the EV training bracelets. It works great for the first three streaks of seven. Then going much past that and the computer decides to use a jolly megahorning guts boosted heracross or jolly shadowballing gengar or even a crunching EQing lucario......you get the picture.

medicham@life orb
jolly 252 spd /252 atk /6 hp​

pure power

~ice punch
~thunderpunch
~rock slide
~brick break

Metagross@lefties
adament 252 HP / 176 Atk / 40 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe

~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Meteor Mash
~ Earthquake

Latios@lum berry
modest 252 SA / 252 Spe / 6 HP

~thunder bolt
~hp dark
~draco meteor
~psychic

Medicham bolt beams until it dies.
latios: same. absorbs first status w/ lum.
metagross: tank/status absorber for when medicham is hit by a thunderwaving, confuse-raying, attracting mysdrevious and don't feel like wasting the lum berry on latios. grrr....

This following team is not created by me. Rather it was created by Team Rocket Elite: so if he's on the forums this is his team (this team was found in the diamond battle tower faq on gamefaqs.com)

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant; 100 HP, 252 Atk, 16SpD, 142 Spd
Clear Body
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch
~ Meteor Mash
~ Ice Punch

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid; 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Levitate
~ Thunderbolt
~ Counter
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Destiny Bond

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP, 252 Def, 6SpD
Natural Cure
~ Seismic Toss
~ Counter
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

this team caught my eye because it does what my grind team above was trying to do, only better and with no ubers (although chansey IS a beast.)

1) added medichams bolt beam to metagross' movepool and removed rest/sleep talk

2)status absorbing is allocated to chansey (and aromatherapy, yay.)

3)Gengar's base speed and Sp Atk is exactly the same as latios 130, 110 and movepool is just as good

So tips for using this team in the battle tower for a 100 streak win?

Suggested changes? (supposedly this team got a 177 streak at battle tower).

Seems like tyranitar could be a potent problem for this team though if metagross doesn't take him down and destiny bond fails as my last resort before chansey is pulled in.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant; 100 HP, 252 Atk, 16SpD, 142 Spd
Clear Body
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch
~ Meteor Mash
~ Ice Punch

It's powerful, it can take hits, there's nothing inherently wrong with the set. I'd use Bullet Punch over Thunder Punch, since you've already got T-Bolt on Gengar. Some may opt for Explosion, but I'm not a big fan of self-destructive moves in the BT since you often won't have a chance to use them (and ties in the BT end in a loss for you).

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid; 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Levitate
~ Thunderbolt
~ Counter
~ Energy Ball/Shadow Ball
~ Destiny Bond

This actually works much better as a LEAD rather than second up. Counter first, Destiny Bond second. You might want to dump some EVs into HP so Counter will do more damage.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP, 252 Def, 6SpD
Natural Cure
~ Seismic Toss
~ Counter
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

Blissey can take physical hits, to a limit.

But walling is not a good strategy in the Battle Tower. Some form of defense is fairly vital, but outright defense won't help. Thus Blissey's usefullness is fairly diminished. Counter's usefullness on Blissey is usually coupled with a Sash, and it's a fairly risky strategy otherwise.

Aromatherapy is pointless in the BT since Blissey (or any Natural Cure user) should be absorbing all the status.

Blissey isn't USELESS in the BT. You can Calm Mind her up and sweep. But you could also just Specs/Wise Glasses Gengar or Starmie and get just as good if not better results without tons of set up.

Some problems with the team:

OHKO: Besides Gengar's Ground and Normal immunity, no one can absorb OHKO. Pokemon with the Sturdy ability aren't exactly diverse (the only usable ones are really Donphan and Magnezone). I usually opt for a Sub-set on a Pokemon with a useful variety of immunities and base defensive stats. Scizor, Empoleon, Swampert, and many others can do this quite well.

It's not a 100% counter to OHKO moves. but it does mean you live through them if it hits a sub. It also gives you a check on status if your team lacks a natural cure or sleeptalker.

Double Team: I always employ 100% accurate move(s) on at least one Pokemon, usually Aerial Ace. Some don't, but it's helped me win more often than not.

Now, what this guy's team did right:

Status: Absorbed by Blissey. You also had a dual poison immunity with Gengar and Metagross.

Team weaknesses: Gengar's Levitate can help with Metagross' ground weakness. Meta covers a few of Gengar's weakness. Blissey's fighting is covered by Gengar. Pretty solid.