• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

12/21/12 A.K.A doomsday

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Swampy is going to bring em with his 'special sauce' on em. I am NOT looking forward to that :(
D:

Fine i'll tell Joe to bring something else but what do you guys suggest? :(

I dunno.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
.. that is disguisting. I hope you go to heaven you awful awful mormon.

Yes. Keep your nasty culinary abortions away from us good people in hell.

Mirai

2000? We're fine. July 6, 2006? We're fine.

See where I'm going with this? Yeah, we'll be fine.

Also, if this date is correct, do the Australians die first? Time zones, dammit.

spawngod316

I'm just a thinker
We never know when we're going to die, and it could happen at anytime in the future. But no one can truly predict when the end of the world will happen; it's been wrongly predicted MANY times in history, and this is also going to be wrong.

facetious

facetious
2000? We're fine. July 6, 2006? We're fine.

See where I'm going with this? Yeah, we'll be fine.

Also, if this date is correct, do the Australians die first? Time zones, dammit.
No, it transpires at 11:11 A.M. GMT on 12/21/12.

So long, faggots!

Legend

I assure you, this is nothing to worry about.

You see, the Mayans had a lot of time units. About thirteen of them, I think. The largest were far larger than... well, any span of time worth reckoning with. So, the Mayans stopped at the end of a SMALLER cycle unrelated to the world's end, because there was no point in going further. 2012 was a LONG way off then. To them, the date would have been 13/13/13/13/13. An end of a cycle, yes.

But it isn't 13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13, which is the end of the world.

Hard to explain, but I is trying.

BlastoiseEX

I assure you, this is nothing to worry about.

You see, the Mayans had a lot of time units. About thirteen of them, I think. The largest were far larger than... well, any span of time worth reckoning with. So, the Mayans stopped at the end of a SMALLER cycle unrelated to the world's end, because there was no point in going further. 2012 was a LONG way off then. To them, the date would have been 13/13/13/13/13. An end of a cycle, yes.

But it isn't 13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13/13, which is the end of the world.

Hard to explain, but I is trying.

oh, i understand that. its like a countdown. how will the world end anyway?

woot21

super noob
Since the maya also believed that world had, in it's previous ages, been destroyed by floods that killed all the giants and winds that blew the Sun out, I think we're pretty safe.
They also predicted solar eclipses that happened a thousand years later with perfect accuracy. I remember something like this being mentioned in an X-Files episode, something about the aliens coming back to Earth that day and destroying us all or something. I just find this whole thing insanely funny.

Now as for the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine BTW), that will be the day I decide to unleash my army of mutant monsters. Some are like the darkseekers in I am Legend, while others are more akin to the likes of Juggernaut. So enjoy life, until I get too angry and decide to take over the world. LOLE

Fine i'll tell Joe to bring something else but what do you guys suggest?
Have him bring some chips, salsa, and lots and lots of beer. Hey we will need something to cool down with in Hell.

woot21 out dawgs

Legend

I believe he meant June 6, 2006 (6/6/6), or the purported number of the beast.

Personally, I think we're not really safe until everyone born that day has been killed...

(nah... they're ok)

woot21

super noob
Personally, I think we're not really safe until everyone born that day has been killed...
I did clone a lot of my mutant monster army on that day.

What we should be more worried about is Egyptian babies born in 2001 in Bethlehem. Since the anti-Christ is suppose to be Egyptian, according to some beliefs, and 2001 was 2000 years after Jesus was born, and a belief is that things happen in 2000 year cycles. The birth of Jesus was the start of one, 9/11 was the end of that one, and the birth of the anti-Christ is the start of the next cycle. Also, things in the world are suppose to get worse during the cycle that started with the anti-Christ birth. Things sure have gotten worse since 9/11. That's all I have to say about that.

woot21 out dawgs