• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

12th Movie Title Revealed - Dialga VS Palkia VS Giratina (VS Arceus?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other main characters having a role in the movie other than Ash and Dawn.

Brock should do something..
Team Rocket could have a small role
The rivals(Paul, Zoey Kenny etc) could show up
some old character could show up(Gary, Misty, May)
Hunter J or one of the Team Galactic elites could be the villian

It would be cool to see one of them get showcased rather than some movie-only character

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Stop right there, the Battle Frontier has been confirmed to be on Platinum, get your facts right then return here.

*Sigh* You mentioned a Frontier Brain owning Heatran, with his or her facility being located within Stark Mountain. The Battle Frontier has been confirmed to be ON THE ISLAND, with no specific locations mentioned. What you did was speculate that Heatran will have an anime debut instead of movie debut, it will be owned by a frontier brain, and that said frontier brain will have a facility in Stark Mountain.

Second, who says cresselie is not on the next movie? The same as Arceus?

Heck, look at this movie!
It has:
Dialga, Giratina, Shaimyn, Regigigas

Of those, it has been confirmed that Regigigas had the minor roll of saving some villages from being crushed by glaciers. Its' role in the movie was minimal at best. Dialga is there as an adversary for Giratina - it does nothing special at all and is cast in an entirely different light than the almighty end-all pokemon of the 10th movie, judging from the previews. If that doesn't convince you, then allow the title to do so. It includes Giratina and Shaymin, proving that THEY are the focus.

And premiers:

Giratina's new form, Shaimyn's new form, a new world.

Why can't the next movie have those legendaries?

I'm not saying that they can't, but if so many legends are jammed into one movie, they tend to get less spotlight. The writers didn't do well at all with Kyogre in the 9th movie; Regigigas' appearance, as already stated, was nothing compared to what the trailers demonstrated.

Heck, Arceus does not even need to be in it the entire time, it can just appear ten minutes before the end and bring everything to a super climatic conclusion, then leave.

So that's it? The pokemon that Arceus supposedly created get all of the spotlight while it gets the shaft in the end, never to be spoken of again? Nintendo is not going to leave what is considered THE top pokemon in the pokemon universe as a 10-minute add-on in the end of a movie. Add in the fact that it is a Sinnoh event, and that proves that it will have the majority of the screentime to itself.

Kinda like the giratina castle in the last movie.

I still think that having Arceus in this movie would be too much.

MetaWolf

"Lullaby for You."
Dialga VS Palkia VS Giratina (VS Arceus)? Oh c'mon, a two year old could make that up easily. What I'm saying is I don't believe this is the title, just a lame attempt to fool everyone into believing that this is the real title.

I really doubt this, plus I hate the title but shush that isn't my reason, and therefore I will not believe this until it is confirmed on Saturday.

Here's to a movie with Arceus and his Trio.
Peace out, MetaWolf.

thunderblade12

*Sigh* You mentioned a Frontier Brain owning Heatran, with his or her facility being located within Stark Mountain. The Battle Frontier has been confirmed to be ON THE ISLAND, with no specific locations mentioned. What you did was speculate that Heatran will have an anime debut instead of movie debut, it will be owned by a frontier brain, and that said frontier brain will have a facility in Stark Mountain.

If there is an Elite 4 arc I think its very likely that Flint will have Heatran. A powerful(but not uber) legendary for an Elite 4 member..thats fitting.

wonder what type arceus will be in the movie if he is.

Andywoo

Banned
original title. hopefully thus will finish the story involving Dialga and Palkia. Im sick of them at the moment

Dia406

Totally not gay!
The title is predictable. What do you think the US title is? Rise of Arseus. What I hope for is a PMD movie but won't happen. 12th movie is to predictable because of the title. Many many many reasons why I don't think the title is real but I won't go on.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm particularly looking forward to this movie, since Ash and Dawn's pokemon will surely be quite powerful by this time, so they'll finally be in a position where they can compete with the legendaries.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
-They have all of two years to reveal Arceus. There is no other pokemon that follows which means it will get the last movie, unless they decide to make the last movie based on a 5th gen legend, Manaphy-style.

-Rumors are not the same as actual proof, and Nintendo making "suggestions" about the DS is nothing more than vague marketing talk to keep selling the handheld.

I am sure that they are not lieing about the DS as a selling scheme. They are already popular enough. Also even Xbox 360 will be out they claim for 10 years so it look's like most console's will be on the market for a while so we could see Generation V on DS. Also about Arceus, why are you so dead against him in the next movie. Personally I am 50/50 on him in next year's movie but I will say this. Most of me believe's that he will be in 2009's movie as the pattern say's it. The pattern say's that he should be next year and by the end of next year Ash would most like of VS'd and Beaten Volkner. Sinnoh is slowly coming to an end and Ash should be done at least the Gym's by the end of next year. The fift Generation is coming!

unown?

ghost freak
Dialga = Christianity
Palkia = Judaism
Giratina = Islam
Arceus = God

Arceus (aka, God) is angry to see the continuing brawl between the 3 Dragons and thus, the end times begins... lol Pokemon armagedon :p

All sarcasm aside, I now wish I picked up Rise of Darkrai when I browsed FYE the other day, I better make sure to watch this trilogy, never has the events of movies been linked like this.

nice analogy but i think that might offend some extremists if we have any on this board. :) anyway, a would favor a fight between all four as long as the plot is good. :)

ForeverFlame

I am sure that they are not lieing about the DS as a selling scheme. They are already popular enough. Also even Xbox 360 will be out they claim for 10 years so it look's like most console's will be on the market for a while so we could see Generation V on DS. Also about Arceus, why are you so dead against him in the next movie. Personally I am 50/50 on him in next year's movie but I will say this. Most of me believe's that he will be in 2009's movie as the pattern say's it. The pattern say's that he should be next year and by the end of next year Ash would most like of VS'd and Beaten Volkner. Sinnoh is slowly coming to an end and Ash should be done at least the Gym's by the end of next year. The fift Generation is coming!

They call it "Generation" for a reason.

I am 100% sure that they will save the Fifth Generation... FOR the Fifth Generation Handheld Console.

And I seriously doubt that Nintendo has any intentions of throwing away the idea of the DS so soon over an Anime. There's still plenty of room for an update to the DS or two! :)

If anything, they'll remake Gold/Silver for the Fourth Generation and have a season there after the Sinnoh BF. Then we may be at the verge of Generation V.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
not trying to sound rude or anything but according to pokebeach who says that the blog owner SPECULATED the title for the 12th movie, nothing more, and that other sites took it as the real deal. Just trying to help.
Plus I think all the vs. gets a little annoying.

Cobalt_Latios

Time, Space, Devil and God trying to kill each other?

...Yeah the world is pretty much screwed.
What, it wasn't already?

I'm surprised no one used that one interview, that Storyboard person (or whoever he is) said that there would be a new Pokemon in the 12th movie. So either its Arceus or 5th gen. Which one is more likely at this point?
Considering what's currently taking place, and that I can probably be sure that we're going to getting 5 movies for this saga (assuming they could do that, which I don't doubt. They need to give the pixies some spotlight. The Regis had both a movie appearance and show appearance. That could work), I'd say we won't see anything 5th gen till movie 13, and nothing majorly 5th gen till movie 14.

Yep, I believe it'll go in that fashion. 5 movies for this gen.

- 2 movies for 1st gen
- 3 movies for 2nd gen
- 4 movies for 3rd gen
- 5 movies for 4th gen

Why the heck not.

edit: I forgot to mention, we can easily simplify each of these movie titles like so: Clash of the Titans parts 1, 2, and 3. Works well doesn't it.

~C_L~

Last edited:

Darkrai*Fanatic36987

Darkrai Fanatic
By the time 5th gen comes along they'll have annother god probably. IF it comes along. Well think Space vs. Time vs. Death vs. God? The world is doomed.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I think that Arceus will be in movie 12 simply becuase they are running out of Sinnoh legendarys and need to put him in. It goes like this:

Rise of Darkrai: Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai.

Movie 11: Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas, Giratina, Shaymin.

Movie 12 possibles: Dialga, Palkia (they've already used them in a way that suggests they will be in every Sinnoh movie), Cresselia, Heatran, Arceus.

I bet Arceus will have the main legendary role in movie 12, same as Mewtwo in movie 1, Lugia in movie 2, Entei in movie 3, Celebi in movie 4, etc.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I do like the idea of the trilogy of films, however, I don't like the bland 'Dialga VS Palkia VS Giratina (VS Arceus)' title, it is almost EXACTLY the same as 'Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai', the 11th had an original title, so why can't the thirteenth? I would also love if they throw in another Sinnoh legendary, like Cresselia.

Which will leave the final D/P movie as a 5th Gen legendary and Heatran

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
- 2 movies for 1st gen
- 3 movies for 2nd gen
- 4 movies for 3rd gen
- 5 movies for 4th gen

And people thought I was being complex.>_>

So 6 movies for the 5th gen?

I don't think the next series will last 6 years let alone 5 for this series. Unless the movies carries into the next series.

niedude I was saying if Arceus is a bad guy (hence part of the "vs" to the title) Then if theres a good guy pokemon it will be 1 on 4 and that's a little to much don't you think. Of course I understand the 4 are battle themselves but it would be hard for one pokemon to stop 4 from fighting.

Also the 5th gen pokemon might not play a big role in the 12th movie just like Munchlax and Mime Jr. and the other in the 7th and 8th didn't. However being the 12th is the third DP movie like the 8th was the third advance gen movie. Lucario was the star so this is werid that the first 5th gen pokemon would be a star of a movie.

Sorry if I'm confusing @_@ to sum it up I'm just wondering if there's a 5th gen and if it will play a big role and be a good or bad guy pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.