• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1998 Hasbro plush series - Poliwhirl irregularity

LeMonshade

Hi there,

I'm posting as I have an unusual question about one of my 1998 plushies. I noticed that on the poliwhirl white label, instead of saying 'bean bag plush' like the majority of other 1998 Hasbro plushies I've seen, there's a blue pen line over a word which looks to me like it says 'Boggle' when I shine a light over it. I've had a look on ebay and there are loads of examples of the same plush, but with the correct 'bean bag plush' label not specifying anything else. The fact that it's Boggle with a capital B... Why would it say that and not Poliwhirl?

As we know, Boggle definitely did not exist in 1998. Everything else about the label looks legit, the dates are correct, there's no dodgy sewing etc and I've had this plush since I was a child so there's not a previous owner who's messed around with it.

Can anyone offer any explanations for this quirk? Also not sure how I post photos here, otherwise I would

Thanks

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I don't know much about this but the mention of the pen mark sounded very familiar, so I looked at my old Pokemon plush (The ones I could find right now, that is.) and noticed my brother's Mewtwo says "Beanie Plush", but there's a pen mark through the word "Beanie". My Raichu and Ivysaur are not like this and say "Bean Bag Plush".

LeMonshade

Weird that presumably Hasbro would pen mark over that, even though it means the same thing as Bean Bag. I also feel very sorry for the pen markers having to go through however many toys in the batch. Maybe it's a regional thing?