• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Tumnus, take a Rhyhorn. It can evolve freely but its moveset can include either Rock Slide or Earthquake, not both. (in addition, it shouldn't know Dig)
Thread Bump: I want to start a Yellow with a couple of restrictions:
No STAB (non-STABed moves of the same type are okay thoug, e.g. Rattata can use Super Fang but no Hyper Fang)
No too hard - I want to have fun not to prove something (e.g. no suggestions as: take a Paras, it cannot learn any status moves, to evolve it must solo Blaine AND Lorelei)

Last edited:
Sorry for the doublepost but I still want to try Yellow.
Restrictions:
No STAB although non-damaging moves (Sleep Powder, Screech) and set-damage-moves (Night Shade, Dragon Rage, Seismic Toss) of the same type are okay.
Nothing too hard (no charmander who has to solo Giovanny before being allowed to use moves beside Ember)
I can trade. I can even trade via Time Capsule.

Team so far:

Tauros traded via Time Capsule.(Nicknamed Thunduros:)) It must always be used against my rival's starter. Before transfering must know Fire Blast and double-Team (a three-tailed bull who creates shadow clones and shoots japanese characters made of fire... we're going in the Naruto territory here)
Sandshrew. Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. In order to evolve it must solo my rival's Sandshrew at three occasions: Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.

Last edited:
Silvermorty, thanks. Using a big scary Tauros against Gary's Eevee in Virdinian City is kinda harsh. On the other hand Tauros won't obey me yet. Just what moves should I teach him before transfering? Flamethrower and Tail Whip? :)

Kalosian

So long
TheUnnumbered, take a Sandshrew. Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. It can evolve after defeating your Rivals starter in Lavender Tower.

Winter02, would you change the restriction? I should use Tauros in every battle against my rival's starter so Sandshrew cannot face Eevee/whatever-it-evolves-into>

Kalosian

So long
Winter02, would you change the restriction? I should use Tauros in every battle against my rival's starter so Sandshrew cannot face Eevee/whatever-it-evolves-into>
Okay. Instead of soloing your Rival's starter at Lavender Tower, your Sandshrew must solo your Rival's Sandshrew at three occasions; Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.

McTrikster

Looking to do a Crystal play through.
Will need to get all pokes for team (pre-evolutions count) before I challenge the 5th gym leader. No trades. Only what I can catch in Crystal.
Be gentle :)

Kalosian

So long
McTrikster, take a Wooper. Before evolving, it must solo one trainer in Ilex Forest and one in Goldenrod City. It must also know Rain Dance.

McTrikster

Ok so:
1. Snubble that must beat Whitney's Clefairy to evolve and must learn Sludge Bomb.
2. Wooper that must solo one trainer in Ilex Forest and one in Goldenrod. Must learn Rain Dance.

Also, I would like to keep the team 2nd gen only. Although if someone has a good enough suggestion, I might go for it.

K, I'm doing my first play through of HeartGold (beat SoulSilver long ago), and I wanted to make a challenge I call the Oracion Seis Challenge. As par with the name, there are rules, as follows;

Rule One - You can only have six Pokemon. In total. Throughout the entire game. Including your starter, you can only catch five other Pokemon.

Depending on what mode you're playing, Brain Mode or Zero Mode, you can have a TM slave or none at all. In Brain Mode, or "Easy" mode, you can have a TM slave. This Pokemon, however, cannot level up and is not allowed to battle. If you catch a lvl 3 Sentret, it will remain lvl 3. In Zero Mode, or "Hard" mode, you cannot have a TM slave and must teach your team of six the TMs you need.

Rule Two - Name your Pokemon according to a theme. Including your trainer character and rival character. IE, I'm using Fate/stay night as my theme. I called my OC Rin, my rival Shinji, and my Totodile Shirou.

Kudos if you know the challenge's origin. ;)

So far my team is Shirou the Totodile. I have five slots to fill. I'm playing Brain Mode to test this out. Any suggestions for rules or recommendations for Pokemon?

Okay, I'm looking for a Pokemon Yellow Challenge! I'm working for the ability to evolve traded pokemon, and I'll get Mew if you want me to. Don't leave me with really bad pokemon, but also don't make it incredibly easy, either. I want 6 pokemon, and I would prefer to keep at least one of the starters or Pikachu. :D Add a nickname, if you'd like!

Shinsen-Eevee: I don't know if you're still here after a little more than a year, but could you tell a little more about what Fate/Stay Night is, so I can get a better idea of what you're looking for?

Kalosian

So long
Jake Schaub, take a Sandshrew. You must catch it on the first Poke Ball you throw in the battle. If it fails, you must run from the battle and try again on the next Sandshrew you meet. Catch it inside of Mt. Moon. To evolve into Sandslash, it must solo Erika and all the trainers in her Gym. It must learn and keep Poison Sting, Swift and Rock Slide, the last move is up to you. Also, if you take nicknames, name it SandSpikes.

Kalosian, I would love to add SandSpikes, but are you sure that he can learn Rock Slide in Pokemon Yellow? I looked it up and I don't think he can. I could be wrong though.

Current Team:

-Sandshrew (SandSpikes): Catch with first pokeball inside Mt. Moon, solo Erika's entire gym to evolve, Moves: Poison Sting, Swift, Rock Slide
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited:

grey wing

Johto League Champ
@Jake Schaub- take a Spearow. It cannot evolve until it knocks out a member of Lt. Surge's team and has learnt mirror move, which it must always know.

Thanks, grey wing! I don't think I've ever used a Fearow on a team before!

Here's my updated team:
-Sandshrew (SandSpikes): Catch with first pokeball inside Mt. Moon, solo Erika's entire gym to evolve, Moves: Poison Sting, Swift, Rock Slide
-Spearow: Knock out one a Lt. Surge's pokemon and learn Mirror Move to evolve, keep Mirror Move.
-
-
-
-

Kalosian

So long
Kalosian, I would love to add SandSpikes, but are you sure that he can learn Rock Slide in Pokemon Yellow? I looked it up and I don't think he can. I could be wrong though.
As far as I know, it can learn the move through TM48, which is available in Celadon City. If I should turn out to be wrong, you can change it to Submission instead.