• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I looked on youtube how to pull off Arbitrary code execution. I used it to get a shiny Venasaur and transfer it to Moon. It was time consuming but I love the glitches in Blue and when I found out about this untapped utopia of glitches I had never seen before, I just had to try it myself. Getting the "8F" item looked so cool, being able to rewrite code in the game. Arranging my items in a certain way in my bag and using it enabled me to change the first Pokemon in my Box to Shiny. I can't believe it worked.

HOWEVER!!! Next I tryed to change my Glitched Mew to the right OT and ID number. I got half way through, changing it's ID number. All that was left was to change "Jester" to "GF." I got to the last step and my game froze. When I restarted my 3DS, my save was gone. GONE! This is why amateurs shouldn't mess with code they barely understand.

Still I got my shiny Level 100 Venasaur and am very happy with that. Just a warning if you try to mess with this yourself, be careful, your data can DEFIANTLY be lost.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went through the Silph Co. building. One of the first things I did was look for the Card Key. Fortunately, I correctly remembered what floor it was on this time, so I was able to pick it up very quickly. Then, I began exploring the building in depth, starting from the bottom. On each floor, I defeated every trainer I came across, used the Card Key to access blocked areas, and found some more items. My bag ran out of room while picking things up, but I was able to make room by using the vitamins I found on my Pokemon.

Once I (finally) finished going through the optional parts of the building, I used the warp panels to reach the area with my rival. I battled him again, defeating most of his Pokemon with my Jolteon. After receiving a Lapras from a Silph employee, I continued on until I reached the boardroom. There, I ran into Giovanni again and battled him. My Venusaur took down most of his team, though I did switch to Tentacruel to defeat Nidoqueen.

With Team Rocket taken care of, I received the Master Ball from the Silph president and then used an Escape Rope to leave.

Team:
;003; ;012; ;040; ;076; ;135; ;073;
All level 40

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
With the release of GS VC getting closer, I decided to begin a new playthrough of Pokemon Yellow on the 3DS.

You all know the drill; Professor Oak tries to give me a Pokemon, Blue takes it instead and I get given the Pikachu that attacked us earlier. I nicknamed it "Sparky", as is tradition. I beat Blue (who I named Daniel, as is tradition).

After completing the Oak's Parcel quest and obtaining the Pokedex, I got some Poke Balls and went on a catching spree. I caught a Pidgey, named it Aquilla, and added it to my team. Beat Daniel on Route 22.

About halfway through Viridian Forest, I realised my team wasn't going to work against Brock, so I nicknamed a Caterpie "Butters" and raised it to a Butterfree so it could learn Confusion.

Brock was predictably easy, and although Butters was the MVP, I didn't want it on my team so it was boxed. I passed through Mt Moon, defeated Team Rocket and reached Cerulean City.

I got the Bulbasaur, nicknamed it "Bruteroot" (as is tradition) but didn't train it until I had beaten Daniel first. After that I grinded on Route 4 to get Bruteroot to match the levels of my team.

After conquering Nugget Bridge and restoring Bill back to normal I took on Misty. Bruteroot made short work of her. I was given a Charmander on Route 24 which I nicknamed Lizardon, and I did some more grinding to bring it to the level of the rest of my team.

I caught a Jigglypuff and Abra on Route 5 (for Pokedex only) and decided to call it a day.

Aquarelle

Staff member
With everything at Silph Co. taken care of, Saffron was free from Team Rocket. I quickly went around the town and talked to some NPCs, including the Copycat.

After selling some unneeded items at the mart, I headed to the Saffron Gym. The first thing I did there was defeat all of the regular trainers. So, I warped around until I'd fought each trainer. I had a pretty easy time against most of them, though my Jolteon did faint against a Haunter after hitting itself in confusion a ridiculous number of times.

Finally, after briefly leaving to heal my team, I battled Sabrina. Her first three Pokemon were taken down by my Jolteon. I came close to defeating Alakazam with Jolteon, too, but a Hyper Potion + critical hit Psybeam ruined that (yeah, this Gym was a mixed bag for Jolteon). I sent in my Golem to finish Alakazam off.

Last edited:

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
I made my way to Fuschia City via Cycling Road. When I arrived, this was my team:

Pikachu Lv 36
Pidgeot Lv 36
Venusaur Lv 36
Charizard Lv 36
Blastoise Lv 36
Snorlax Lv 36

Since Koga's Pokemon go up to Lv 50, I wanted to grind my team a bit more.

Before that though, I wanted to go through the Safari Zone to grab the Warden's gold teeth and HM03. I managed to run into a Tauros, Chansey and Kangaskhan and caught them all except for the Tauros! Talk about good luck.

I defeated all the trainers on Routes 14, 13 and 12 bringing my team members up to level 38. Afterwards, I grinded my team up to level 42 on wild Pokemon. I am now about to take on Koga.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I started Gold on 3DS VC. I named my character Peach, like I did on my original Gold game many years ago, and started in my room in New Bark Town shortly after. After talking to my mom and some people around town, I went to Prof. Elm's lab. There, I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, again like I did back when I first played Gold.

Next, I headed over to Cherrygrove and got the map for my Pokegear. Heading up Route 30, I made it to Mr. Pokemon's house and received the Mystery Egg from him.

Now, I'm fighting wild Pokemon to get Cyndaquil up a few levels before the first rival fight.

Team:
;155;

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
I started playing Gold on 3DS VC early this morning, which is a real nostalgia trip, as Gold was my first ever Pokemon game.

I've just beaten Morty with my Kadabra and Graveler, and realised that I've got no one to trade with to evolve them....

AmethystLeslie

I started my adventure the way all aspiring trainers do... by glitching to get every starter. I kid, but I did do that. It does work on VC. Naming scheme is Bayonetta eneimies, including the games' bosses.

For the glitch, I picked Cyndaquil, and I rolled female! She, named Brave, didn't need that Attack stat anyway. The glitch requires me to get at least 1 more pokemon, and it takes a while to get there cuz I have to meet and name the rival before i obtain pokeballs. Once I did, I... lost to Silver, but then I stored her, changed the box, and reset the game. I was happy that I successfully did the glitch upon checking again after picking Chikorita. When he was stored (again, lost to Silver), I reset and picked my true starter, Totodile. The Chikorita's name is Insidious, and the Totodile is Valor. I just picked up the starters just to migrate them, they will not be team members.

I went through 1 detour to the Ruins of Alph, 1 puzzle solved, and 1 badge before picking up another pokemon, which was a Hoppip, which I ditched for a Bellsprout and Pidgey. Hoppip was Jubileus, but after ditching it I gave that name to my Pidgey, and I'll re-nickname the Hoppip some other time. No, the Bird Jesus reference was not intentional, I realized that later. Bellsprout's name is Fortitudo. Speaking of Bellsprout, I'm not screwed out of Sprout Tower if I didn't do it? Wait, I get Flash from there, right? I really should go there. Maybe to grind out other team members.

Badge 2, Jubi was the MVP, cuz of course she was, and then evolved into Pidgeotto! Togepi hatched, and I named him... Wesker. Why? Cuz I was given an egg. I battled Silver, and Jubi made short work of him.

I later went to find a Heracross. Took me FOREVER to find one, and i basically had to be on a different route than where i was hunting for one. Named him Gomorrah.

Day 1 team:

Valor the Totodile- level 16
Jubileus the Pidgey- level 19
Fortitudo the Bellsprout- level 16
Gomorrah the Heracross- level 12

Planned team member: Eevee->Espeon and ???

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once my Cyndaquil was level 9, I fought my rival for the first time. It was a pretty easy fight thanks to all of my training. Back at the lab in New Bark Town, I ended up naming my rival Silver (decided against using the name AAAAAAA I had on my old Gold).

I then made my way up to Violet City. Along the way, I caught a Pidgey and Sentret to have in my party, though I won't use them on my team this time. Once I made it to Violet, I took a detour to the Ruins of Alph, where I caught an Unown after solving the Kabuto puzzle.

Next, I took on the Violet City Gym. After defeating both regular trainers, I challenged Falkner. His Pidgey wasn't too bad, but it lowered my Cyndaquil's accuracy with Mud Slap, so I had to switch out afterwards. I sent in Unown and had it weaken Pidgeotto a little bit with Hidden Power (super effective, it's HP Ice based on previous fights). Once Unown was KOed, I sent Cyndaquil back out and just used Ember until I won.

With my first badge obtained, I obtained an egg from Elm's aides in the Pokemon Center and then continued on to Route 32. I looked around in the grass until I found and caught my next team member: Mareep.

Now, I'm going to continue down Route 32 a bit, then do some training. I skipped Sprout Tower earlier, so I'll head back there in a while to train.

Team:
;155; ;179;

Wrave

Bought Pokemon Silver and named myself Slade. My starter is Totodile which I nicknamed Silverdile. There is an origin for that very name actually. Back when they had Silver at stores to play, that particular file had a Totodile nicknamed SILVERDILE so it just stuck with me. Named my rival Franky, after a good friend of mine. Decided to go with the best team possible so I have Silverdile the Totodile, Rocker the Geodude, Pex the Spearow and Baba the Mareep. All are around level 12. I am currently in Union Cave.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I got Silver. Started with Cyndaquil. Caught a few things including my next team member, Zubat (Trap-bat set ftw). Training up at Sprout Tower before I take on the first gym.

I hear Crystal may be released after all, so if it does, I'll get that instead of Gold. I need the elemental beams in my life!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I got all the way to Goldenrod city today. I want to beat Sudowoodo tomorrow so I have the quick way back to getting berries. If it looks doubtful, I'll take the long way. I also want to do the bug catching contest.

I have my dad coming tomorrow, so I don't know what my schedule would be like. Hopefully, I can get enough time.

My best Pokemon right now are my Totodile and Flaaffy. I have Pokemon like Sentret and Ekans as tag-alongs for the time being.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I couldn't help myself and dove right into the Virtual Console edition of Pocket Monsters Gin as soon as it was finished downloading onto my 3DS. The first Cyndaquil I chose happened to be a female--what luck!

I sure hope Crystal gets a Virtual Console release: I got the CoroCoro Ho-oh and I'm itching for a second version playthrough with Chikorita as my starter...

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Been dong a casual Gold playthrough.

Whitney just got destroyed by my Hoothoot/Nidorino combo, and paid DEARLY for the years of suffering that cow and her Miltank gave us.
Hypnosis, then send in Nidorino to Leer a couple of times, proceed to Double Kick until dead. I used Slowpoke to setup Curse and kill the Clefairy.

My team after the gym battle is as follows:

Slowpoke Lv17
Onix Lv19
Nidorino Lv17
Hoothoot Lv19
Flaaffy Lv17
Croconaw Lv19

Aquarelle

Staff member
I continued going through Route 32 until I reached the Pokemon Center. Inside, I obtained the Old Rod. I then headed back to Violet City, where I used the rod until I hooked a wild Poliwag. I captured the Poliwag and added it to my team.
I also got a phone call about a Qwilfish swarm while I was playing tonight (in between a million calls from Youngster Joey), so I was able to catch one of those as well.

Then, I went to the Sprout Tower. I fought all of the trainers, which helped my Mareep and Poliwag gain some levels. Once I defeated the elder, I received the Flash HM.

Next, I headed down to Union Cave. After a few wild encounters, I caught my fourth team member, a Sandshrew. My Cyndaquil and Mareep evolved somewhere around this time, too. Continuing along, I reached Azalea Town and defeated Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well. Once that was done, I went to the Azalea Gym. I used my Poliwag to defeat Bugsy's first two Pokemon, then switched to Flaaffy to defeat Scyther with Thundershock.

As I was leaving Azalea, I encountered my rival again and defeated him. I then went through the Ilex Forest and made it out pretty quickly. I really wanted to get to Goldenrod, so I skipped several trainers on the Day Care route for now.
In Goldenrod, I battled the trainers in the underground tunnel and found the Coin Case. I played the card flip game at the Game Corner and have over 200 coins now. I want to buy a Dratini eventually.

Team:
;156; ;180; ;060; ;027;
Lv. 16-18

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I beat Sprout Tower before heading to the Gym, with Cyndaquil, Hoothoot, and Gastly in tow. I managed to take down Falkner easily. While trekking through Dark Cave, I stumbled across (and subsequently caught) a Dunsparce--a super rare find!

Genos

TTYD
Downloaded Silver from the eShop and picked Cyndaquil (the best imo). Beat the 1st gym and TR's 1st enounter. Taking on the 2nd gym battle and my rival on Azalea Town later.

Quilava lvl 18

Flaaffy lvl 15

Bellsprout lvl 15

Geodude lvl 14

Wrave

Since my last update, I ran right through Team Rocket inside of the Slowpoke Well and beat Bugsy with Silverdile. After beating my rival, I got cut and taught it to a Silverdile clone. I went ahead and got the Headbutt and Sweet Scent TM's. After exiting the Ilex Forest, I caught Abra and named it Valentino, after the Masked Magician Val Valentino. I went on a bit of a TM shopping spree and got Fire and Thunder Punch. Taught them to Baba, who evolved on the way to Goldenrod and Valentino respectively. After some training, Valentino evolved into Kadabra and Silverdile into Croconaw.

Competed in the Bug Catching Contest and caught a Beedrill. Came in second and decided to name it Casey after the trainer from the anime who Ash gave his Beedrill. Got the Quick Claw and gave it to Rocker. Went ahead and got the Rollout TM and taught it to Rocker. Also got the Dig TM, which I duped a couple of times and taught it to Silverdile and Rocker. Took on Whitney and destroyed her with Rocker and the Defense Curl+Rollout combo. After that, got the Squirtbottle and caught Sudowoodo. Went and got the Rock Smash TM for later. Currently in Violet City and will head to the next city.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I started Pokemon Gold yesterday with Cyndaquil. I made it to Cherrygrove City and that's about it. I have the Mystery egg. I caught a Jigglypuff.

In Pokemon Yellow, I'm currently shiny hunting on the Level 5 Pikachu in the beginning of the game.