• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I finally had time to deal with Team Rocket in Goldenrod. So, I went over to the Radio Tower and started climbing to the top floor. I defeated every trainer I came across. None of them were particularly hard. Eventually, I got the Basement Key.

Next, I left the tower and headed over to the underground tunnel. I used my key to open the locked door there and headed down to the basement area. My rival stopped me for another battle, and I defeated him mainly using my Ampharos & Sandslash. After that, I solved the maze puzzle with the switches and battled some more Team Rocket people. At the end, I found the radio director and received the Card Key from him.

Back at the tower, I used the Card Key to access the remaining areas. I defeated the final Rocket Executives and got Team Rocket to disband and leave. For saving the tower, I received the Rainbow Wing.

My Pokemon grew quite a lot from all of the battles. Everyone reached at least level 33, while my Quilava reached level 36 and evolved into Typhlosion at last!

After I was finished with everything in Goldenrod, I returned to Mahogany Town. I trained on Route 44 for a bit before heading into the Ice Path, which I'll go through next.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Doing the final Team Rocket battle in Silver

Leonhart

Imagineer
I finished passing through most of Route 32's southbound path, then I paid a quick visit to the Pokemon Center that was close to Bond Cave's entrance. I got my very first fishing rod inside, and then I proceeded into the depths of Bond Cave itself. I'll admit that I wasn't very eager to meander through the cave, so I simply defeated the nearby trainers and I didn't stop to do much training against the cave's native wild Pokemon. I was out of Bond Cave at last, and I made the short trip to Hiwada Town. I bought some merchandise at the Mart, and visited Gantetsu's home. He left in a hurry to the Well of Yadon, and I naturally followed him to help combat the Rocket-dan.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went through Ice Path tonight. The ice puzzles weren't too bad, though it took me a few tries to get some of the items blocked off by ice patches. I didn't use any repels when going through the cave, since I wanted to defeat wild Pokemon for experience. I ended up catching a Swinub and the only Jynx I found, though.

Once I found the exit on the other side, I entered Blackthorn City. I went around town and talked to the NPCs, including Santos of Saturday.

After healing at the Pokemon Center, I was going to stop playing for the day, but then I got a call about a Dunsparce outbreak in Dark Cave. I needed Dunsparce for the Pokedex, so I flew over to Violet City and headed to the nearby Dark Cave entrance. My first encounter was a very low level Dunsparce that I couldn't weaken without KOing it, so I just tossed Ultra Balls at it. Caught it on my second one.

With that done, I then returned to Blackthorn.

Bassman456

Rioru Lucario Fan
Hey, I was at New Bark Town and i decided to update my room cause I knew my mom bought some dolls. Uhhh....idk what happened or whatever, but i have like a bunch of stuff. Some items even including items that are Stadium 2 exclusive. I haven't mystery gifted with anyone or anything else. SO uhhh....is this normal in this Virtual Console release?

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
I just started playing on Friday, and I'm really enjoying this nostalgic journey!

Gold: I'm up to four badges now and on my way to Olivine City. I'm planning to bring a Level 15 Scyther from Yellow and train it to learn False Swipe, so catching Pokemon will be easier. I have one at Level 13 from the Bug Catching Contest yesterday (got a Sun Stone!) but the one I'm trading over can learn Swords Dance early via TM.

And today, I got really lucky -- I found and caught a SHINY Raticate!

My team so far:
Flareon, Butterfree, Flaaffy, Gengar

I also have my starter Quilava as backup for Flareon. Sixth slot is for training, extra type matchups, gift Pokemon or HMs.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I decided to explore Route 45 before taking on the Blackthorn Gym, since my team needed the experience from the battles. So, I went down the mountain three times, covering each path, and fought all of the trainers. I tried catching a Teddiursa a few times, but it always fled from battles before I could put it to sleep or something.

After that, I headed back into Dark Cave since I hadn't explored all of it. I still had lots of items to pick up on the Blackthorn side of the cave. While wandering around, I encountered a Wobbuffet (forgot it was found here!), and caught it pretty easily. My Dragonair weakened it down and fortunately survived the one Mirror Coat it got hit with.

I will probably do the Blackthorn Gym next time, but I might do a bit more training first.

Flamer

Arrived in Azela Town to find the residents in a state of mild distress. Apparently their Slowpoke had all disappeared. Spoke to Kurt, and he reckoned it was Team Rocket’s doing. He headed off to Slowpoke Well, which had been guarded by a Team Rocket Grunt when I went by earlier. I followed, this time finding no guard out front, so went down into the well.

Kurt was at the bottom. He’d scared off the guard, but hurt his back in the process, so I was left to defeat Team Rocket.

Turned out to be pretty straightforward. Quilava’s rather over levelled, and Sentert evolved into Furrent during the battles, giving me another strong option.

After defeating the Team Rocket grunts, Kurt took me back to his house, healed my Pokemon and offered to start making Pokeballs from apricorns for me. I gave him a white apricorn I’d picked from outside his house earlier and left him to it.

Headed over to the gym, and defeated Bugsy and his trainers with Quilava. Then went round the charcoal man’s house. Remembered from my original play through, (or maybe SoulSilver) that he had something to do with getting the Cut HM, which I was now able to use outside of battle, and would need to get through Ilex Forest. Turns out he was in a bad mood because his apprentice had taken their Fardetch, (sp?) into the forest and not returned.

I headed to the forest, found him and guided back his fardetch, who’d gone walk about. The charcoal man then arrived and gave me the Cut HM to say thanks. Taught it to Quilava, and made my way through Ilex Forest

On the next route, I battled a few trainers who’d left their Pokémon at the daycare, and a policeman. Such a neat little feature that they only battle you a night. Also caught a Drowzee, who I nicknamed Watson III. The latest in a line of Drowzee from Go and my Yellow VC play through. Hopefully they let you transport your Pokémon from Go to Bank, then I can make a team of Watsons!

AmethystLeslie

Since all I have left to do is fight Red and catch legends, I went for the catching legends part, since I want my team to be level 55 for Red. I caught Lugia in... a lot of balls, that's for sure. I want to find the roamers, so I caught a 2nd Jynx for the sole purpose of Repel-tricking my way into finding one (my Jynx is too high-leveled for that). It's great that she comes with Lovely Kiss right off the bat, but it's a long way to get Mean Look as I have to go from level 22 to level 35. I finally got Mean Look, and my Pidgeot went from 48, I think, to 52.

I looked all over for the Beasts, and Suicune showed up most of the time, and I got it to the point where I could catch it if I wanted to, which I do, and I'd love to, but it's already eating a lot of balls atm. I finally found one of the other Beasts, an Entei, which I reserved my Master Ball for. He's chilling in the PC.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I went into the Blackthorn Gym and defeated all of the regular trainers. I pushed the Strength boulders down the holes, too, and cleared the path to Clair.

I didn't fight Clair, though, and left to do some more training instead. I went to areas like Route 45, Ice Path, and the Lake of Rage to fight some Pokemon until my party was level 35-36.
While wandering around, I picked up the Sludge Bomb TM from the gate on Route 43. Once the day changed, I also met Wesley of Wednesday, who was the last of the weekday siblings I needed to find.

Finally, I returned to Blackthorn. I'll fight Clair next time...didn't feel like doing that battle tonight.

AmethystLeslie

I caught Suicune! Thank God!

Now's the time for Raikou, whom i did find. I had a moment where I found it and RoamerBait the Jynx froze it with Ice Punch, and started chucking balls. It took a very long time to it to unfreeze, and took up most of all the balls i had. I couldn't catch it, I had too many 3-shakes-but-still-breaks moments, which didn't help.

Also an issue with Raikou, he's faster than Jynx who is 5 levels lower. I made her take a lot of Carbos, so she's getting all the Speed EVs, and after 5, i can finally... probably win in a speed tie! Yay!

*shoves another Carbos in Jynx's face*

Leonhart

Imagineer
I defeated the heartless Rocket-dan members who had been cutting off Yadon tails at the Well of Yadon, and then I returned to Hiwada Town in order to achieve my objective of winning the Insect Badge from the Hiwada Gym. I began my Gym challenge by winning against the Gym's weaker trainers before requesting a battle with Tsukushi. I faced Tsukushi's team of Bug-type Pokemon and won with relative ease thanks to my Hoho's type advantage. With my second Jouto badge now in hand, I prepared to visit the Forest of Ubame, however my rival appeared before I could get going. I defeated him, then I went on an errand to stock up on items.

Yesterday my events started with me climbing up the Olivine Lighthouse. When I got to the top, I met Jasmine whom asked me to get medicine for the sick lighthouse Pokemon. So my next stop was in Cianwood City. When I was there, I picked up the medicine. I then fought and defeated Chuck for my fifth gym badge. After that, I obtained HM02 from his wife. I then flew back to Olivine to deliver the medicine.

After delivering the medicine, Jasmine said she would head back to the gym. I then headed to the gym to battle her. After defeating her in battle, It was time for me to check out east of Ecruteak City. When I reached Mahogany Town, my next objective was to check out the Lake of Rage. When I was at the Lake of Rage, I battled and caught the Red Gyarados. After that, I met Lance, who told me about a strange signal coming from Mahogany Town. After finding the location of the strange signal, Lance and I dealt with the Team Rocket base. My next objective is to go to the Mahogany Gym for my seventh gym badge. I have seen 111 Pokemon and own 41.

Team Daedric Princes
Sheogorath (Feraligatr)
Lv: 37
Moves: Scratch, Ice Punch, Bite, Surf

Boethiah (Flaaffy)
Lv: 27
Moves: Thunderpunch, Headbutt, Thundershock, Rock Smash

Malacath (Sudowoodo)
Lv: 23
Moves: Rock Throw, Dynamicpunch, Strength, Low Kick

Hircine (Noctowl)
Lv: 23
Moves: Hypnosis, Fly, Mud-Slap, Flash

Peryite (Koffing)
Lv: 21
Moves: Poison Gas, Tackle, Smog, Sludge

Azura (to be caught)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I fought Clair at the Blackthorn Gym. I defeated two of her Dragonair using my own Dragonair. For the third one, I switched over to Politoed since my Dragonair was in rough shape from being hit with Thunder Wave + Dragonbreath. Finally, I ended up using Miltank against Kingdra. I wanted to use Ampharos then, but I clicked on the wrong Pokemon. >_> Miltank ended up doing a good job, though, and was able to KO Kingdra after spamming Headbutt. Kingdra didn't do much to me, just using Smokescreen (I never missed) and Surf once (which Miltank survived).

After that, I had to go to the Dragon's Den. I looked around for a bit, but then saw that I needed Whirlpool. So, I quickly headed back to the Pokemon Center and put my shiny new Red Gyarados HM slave in my party. Once I got rid of the whirlpool, I was able to find the Dragon Fang and receive the badge from Clair.

Finally, I started heading back to Newbark Town by heading down the mountains again. I leveled up my team a bit more against the wild Pokemon. I caught Gligar and Teddiursa, too.

Team:
;157; ;181; ;186; ;028; ;148; ;241;
Lv. 36-37

Dr. Eeviil

Welp, done with all the gyms, and everything except Red. I think I'm going to wait a while to tackle him, since I hate grinding for levels.

I'm working on completing my PokeDex, rounding up all the stray bits like the Day Siblings, things like that. I unlocked all the Ruins of Alph puzzles yesterday, and I just picked up the Tyrogue from the Karate King whilst clearing out Mt Mortar today. Probably going to go after a Lapras Tomorrow.

MarioKart

Shiny Hunter
Hi, everyone. I love reading everyones adventure stories
I bought VC Gold from the BestBuy code card when the game came out. I bought gold VC because I never played gold. I have the cartridge of Silver and Crystal. I will give you a speed run of what I have been doing. I have 6 badges right now. I doing a scrambled team of random pokemon. I started my game, got Chikorita. The first one I picked was a female, did the errand and came back. I name my trainer Sakura and my rival Ino. I caught a Bellsprout on route 31 and traded for Onix. I trained Onix to level 8. I skipped Sprout Tower and went to the gym. I beat the gym with just Onix. I deposited Onix and now I have just Chikorita. I got the egg from the Prof. Aid and deposited in the PC. I skipped as many trainers as I can so I don't level up to much. I caught a Wooper on Route 32 and put in PC. I Caught Sandshrew in Union Cave. She will be on my team. I Saved the Slowpokes, lost to Bugsy. Trained my pokemon some more in Slowpoke well tell they were lv. 18. Went back to gym and won. Caught Paras in Ilex Forest for cut. Caught a Ditto on Route 34 and got Todd's number. Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash. Beat Whitney. Got Irwin's number. I had to entered the bug catching contest so many times to win. so I can win an everstone and sun stone. I kept getting last place. I got 2nd place twice. and 3rd place once. So I kept the everstones. I Caught a Venonat at the contest for my team. When the contest was over, I caught a Sunkern at National Park for my team. I got Alan's number. I battled and killed Sudowoodo. I went to Ecruteak City. My pokemon where on lv. 22, but Venonat and Sunkern. I used the time capsule, I got 2 Clefairy and Horsea. Traded with my sister, Her HootHoot for Clefairy. Went back to goldenrod and breed them. got Cleffa and Horsea with smokescreen. I went and trained all my pokemon to lv.22 battle all the trainers I skipped and wild pokemon. My sister traded me a sun stone for my Sunflora. Evolved her when she was on lv. 15. awakened the beast and lost to the gym twice. trained to lv. 24 and tried again. I won thanks to my Sandslash's sand attack on Gengar. I got Chad's number and help the Milktank. went threw the tower, beat Chuck's Pokémon, my pokemon where on lv. 26. Trained them to lv. 27 and beat Jasmine. Now that's where I'm at. I didn't play today yet.

Last edited:

Drummerdude

Turns out a Swinub with Powder Snow and Mud Slap as its only viable moves is not very strong. I slapped the Exp Share on it and began making my up the Radio Tower and later into the Underground before stopping Team Rocket once and for all. I then returned to Mahogany Town and headed east towards the Ice Path once more. The puzzles weren't too difficult for the most part and Quilava evolved into Typhlosion during the trek. I arrived in Blackthorn City and decided to travel south a few times to level up my team before taking on the gym. After Swinub evolved and my team was sufficiently leveled up I defeated the trainers in the gym and challenged Clair. Miltank and Piloswine took care of her Dragonairs and Ampharos managed to paralyze and knock out Kingdra.

After completing the Dragon Trial or whatever I returned to New Bark Town and made my first steps into Kanto......only to realize that Slowking cannot learn Waterfall. Because I do not have a Flying type I had to make my way to Cherrygrove City and swap out Slowking for the Red Gyarados. I returned to Kanto, rode the waterfall, and headed down Route's 28 and 27 before taking a break at Victory Road.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back in Newbark Town, I went to the lab and spoke with Prof. Elm. After receiving the Master Ball from him, I stopped by my own house for a sec before heading to the water to start Surfing.

Soon, I entered Kanto and began traveling along Route 27. I made it through Tohjo Falls pretty easily, since I taught Waterfall to my Dragonair as a filler move until it evolves. Then, I went across the long bridge that stretched to Route 26. I fought a bunch of trainers along the way, and tried to explore some more with Surf. I couldn't explore everything, however, since I didn't have a Pokemon with Whirlpool on me.

On Route 26, I went as far as the house you can heal in. I trained my team in the tall grass a little, until everyone was level 37-38. I caught a Ponyta, too.
Next time, I'll continue towards Victory Road.

MarioKart

Shiny Hunter
Since I have surf and fly now, I decided to do some side jobs. I went to Route 40 and started breaking rocks. I found a Krabby. I used my Cleffa to confuse it with its sweet kiss and lower its attack with charm. when it was half way on yellow, I threw a Great ball and caught it. I named it Pincher since I had a krabby name that on my old red game. I have it stored in Pokémon Stadium. Its going to be for my HMs. I taught strength, rock smash, and surf. I took out HootHoot from the pc too, for Flash. I put Chikorita and Sandslash in the pc. I flew to Cherrygrove City and got Mystic water. then I walked to the Dark Cave to explore. I use Flash and rock smash to get threw. I took the bottom route and came out to route 46. I battled the Hiker first and use my Horsea on all the Geodudes. I then went threw and around again to take the other path. I beat Mankey with Venonat and the 2 Ponytas with Horsea. I then flew to Violet City and surf to get the two items on each side. I went to the PC and deposit HootHoot. Took out Sandslash and went down to Union Cave. I went deep in the cave where Lapras is and battled all the trainers. Picked up all the items and left. Went to heal my pokemon, then I went back in the Union Cave and went up the stairs. Battled the Hikers and came out at the the Ruins of Alph. I battle the Psychic trainer and then trained my pokemon in the grass. I battled Natus and Smeargles tell my team was up to lv.29-30. I had to go back once, to switch out one of my pokemon to train it. Now i'm ready to go to Mahogany Town.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I exchanged some of my Pokemon via the PC inside Hiwada Town's Pokemon Center, then I set off to the Forest of Ubame. I walked through the somewhat dark maze of trees until I reached a dead end, which was blocked by a bush. I had to find the lost Kamonegi in the woods, which granted me access to the Cut HM thanks to the charcoal maker. I continued north and found a man who gave me the Headbutt HM, which I taught to my Upah. I found and captured a wild Kunugidama via this method, then I reached the exit. I made my way to Route 34's Pokemon Day Care after defeating some trainers, and I left my Hoho there.