1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Flew back to Pewter City today. At the Gym, I battled the one Camper and defeated his Sandslash with my Mr. Mime.

Then, I battled Brock. I started the fight with my Piloswine, testing its new Ice Beam move against Graveler. I kept Piloswine in against Kabutops and Omastar, taking both of them down with Earthquake. For Rhyhorn and Onix, I switched over to Mr. Mime and KOed them with Ice Punch.

I received the Boulder Badge, then saved.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

In Crystal:

Took on my Rival today in Ecruteak City. Beat him pretty easily. Finally ran into Suicune, Entei and Raikou as well, along with Eusine.

My team:

Daphne -- Gastly -- Lv. 19
    Sting -- Beedrill -- Lv. 20
    Dorothy -- Elekid -- Lv. 20
    Lennie -- Growlithe -- Lv. 20
    Spock -- Psyduck -- Lv. 21
    Buffy -- Zubat -- Lv. 20

Took down Morty! Loved the battle. Overall it took two times to beat him, first time I put my Butterfree up front. Ended up switching it to one of my stronger Pokemon. That ended up being a good thing to do. Saved up my Psyduck for his Gengar. He helped and then used Growlithe to finish him off. That Gengar is bulky and fast! Even faster than Scyther.

Made sure to take advantage of his other Pokemon using Curse and switched out to other Pokemon as well.

Here's the team I used:

Dexter -- Scyther -- Lv. 20
    Buffy -- Zubat -- Lv. 21
    Lennie -- Growlithe -- Lv. 21
    Spock -- Psyduck -- Lv. 21
    Daphne -- Gastly -- Lv. 19
    Sunny -- Butterfree -- Lv. 18

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Aquarelle likes this.
  3. Aquarelle

At the Cerulean Gym, I took on the Swimmers mostly using my Houndoom. I wanted Houndoom to get some experience since it was my lowest leveled Pokemon, and the Pokemon that I didn't OHKO didn't try to use Water moves on me.

For the fight against Misty, I used several Pokemon. My Electabuzz took down Golduck and Lapras with Thunderbolt. I didn't have anything to hit Quagsire super effectively, but fortunately my Mr. Mime got a critical hit with Psychic, resulting in a OHKO. Finally, when Starmie came out, I went over to Houndoom as I wanted to see how much damage its Dark STAB could do. Bite (no Crunch yet) got Starmie to red HP and made it flinch, so Houndoom managed to win that matchup without taking damage.

I received the Cascade Badge and then returned to the Pokemon Center.

4. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

Well I beat Crystal. I didn't realize I had not posted since I caught Celebi but I slapped the Exp Share on it and beat Lt Surge and then Erika who gave me the Giga Drain TM so Celebi could get some STAB along with Psychic. I then challenged the Elite 4 again to help get Celebi more experience. From there I just trudged my way through Kanto again getting the badges and beating the various trainers. It seemed to go more quickly than it did last time.

After getting all the badges I headed to Mt Silver and challenged Red. Donphan took care of Pikachu with Earthquake and Flareon defeated his Venusaur with Flamethrower. Electabuzz took down Lapras and Scizor defeated Espeon...and then the trouble started. He sent out Charizard so I went to Feraligatr. Flamethrower did a decent amount of damage to Feraligatr so I was forced to heal constantly. The fact that 4 of those Flamethrower were crits did not help either. Feraligatr slowly won and then he sent out the beast that is Snorlax. It basically swept my entire team apart from Scizor who resists its moves. I ended up just spamming Metal Claw to boost my own Attack and after quite a few turns the beast fell.

I think I am done playing Kanto based games until after Let's Go comes out. But I still had fun with this team, especially Scizor who is freaking awesome. Ended up around Lv52 as the average level.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

5. WishIhadaManafi5

Made it to Mahogany Town last night. Ran into Raikou the first time! Couldn't put him to sleep. Ran into him again today, tried throwing a Pokeball at him. It didn't work out, but it was close! :p Working on some more training tonight.

Aquarelle likes this.
  6. Aquarelle

Took a break from my Crystal playthrough to return to my Red playthrough from a while back. I saw that I had cleared everything in Saffron and hadn't gone to Cinnabar yet, so I decided to head to the island.

Flying to Pallet Town, I used Surf and started heading down Route 21. I started fighting the trainers on the route using my Butterfree. At first, I was going to battle everyone with just Butterfree, but there were more trainers than I remembered, so I started switching to some of my other Pokemon. My Jolteon learned Double Kick, which was nice for type coverage.

Eventually, I made it to Cinnabar Island. After going to the Pokemon Center to heal and deposit some items into the PC, I went to the Pokemon Mansion. I looked around the first floor before heading upstairs.

7. WishIhadaManafi5

The shiny hunt for Totodile in Gold version finally came to an end last night! Was doing a bit more soft resetting when this little guy showed up out of nowhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aquarelle likes this.
  8. Aquarelle

Finally continued with Red after a month. The first thing I did was finish going through the Pokemon Mansion. I didn't really get a lot done there last time, so I still had quite a bit left to explore. I battled the trainers and defeated most of their Pokemon with my Tentacruel, which was a little annoying at times since my Tentacruel's only good attack was Surf. I picked up all the items on the ground, too, including the Secret Key.

Once I finished exploring the mansion, I left and looked around some other parts of Cinnabar Island that I skipped last time. At the science lab, I had my fossil from Mt. Moon restored, giving me a Kabuto.

Finally, I briefly flew back to Celadon. At the department store, I gave some vending machine drinks to the girl on the top floor and received several TMs from her. I needed the Ice Beam TM from her to teach to Tentacruel.

9. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

In Red Version:
    I finally made it through Rock Tunnel (I forgot how annoying the encounters are in this game!), and I just defeated my Rival in Lavender Tower.

Aquarelle likes this.
  10. Aquarelle

Went to the Cinnabar Gym today. The first thing I did was fight all of the Gym trainers using my Wigglytuff, Butterfree, and Golem. I then answered all of the quiz questions, even though I didn't need to, since I like doing them for fun.

Finally, I battled Blaine. I sent my Tentacruel out first and used its Surf to defeat Blaine's Growlithe and Ponyta. After that, I switched to my Golem and OHKOed both Rapidash and Arcanine with Earthquake.
    An interesting thing that happened during those last two turns of the battle was Blaine using Super Potions on his full health Pokemon...this is a known thing, but I don't think it's happened to me before today. :p

Anyway, I received the Gym badge and then saved.

Team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    all level 42

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Finally got around to playing VC Crystal..... despite buying it back in December.

I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, intending on using Gyarados once I got one.
    And beat the Elite Four yesterday, arriving in Kanto today and beating Surge, Sabrina, and Erika. Completely forgot about being able to obtain Larvitar at the Game Corner, nearly went broke buying coins so I could get one sooner! I was just checking to see how much Porygon cost, otherwise I wouldn't have known I could have bought Larvitar lol

Team:
    Typhlosion M
    Electabuzz F
    Espeon F
    Skarmory M
    Dragonair M
    Larvitar M

12. Aquarelle

With everything on Cinnabar taken care of, I moved on to Route 20. I Surfed around and battled every trainer (at least, I don't think I missed anybody). My Jolteon won most of the battles, allowing it to reach level 44.

Soon, I made it to the Seafoam Islands. I briefly went inside the cave, but didn't do too much since I didn't feel like exploring the whole place today. I did end up catching a wild Seel I encountered, though.

Back outside, I saved.

MockingJ likes this.
  13. WishIhadaManafi5

Still working on my shiny Cyndaquil hunt in Silver version... it's taken twice as long to find one than for Totodile in Gold. Over 300 hours to around 177 in Gold. And I'm still working on my shiny Koffing hunt in Crystal.

Aquarelle likes this.
  14. Minuy600

Minuy600 Eon Fan

Saw the credits in a Gen 2 game for the first time ever yesterday. Beat Lance in Gold which took quite a lot of time since most of my grinding came from my earlier attempts at beating the E4. Eventually my Magneton and Crobat got a much higher level than my other team members and with some healing items, managed to rid the Dragonites with relative ease. The Charizard and Aerodactyl were a little more difficult than that, and one missed attack could've ended it all at the final moment.

In Kanto, I did the sidequest with the Power Plant and got the doll of Copycat back. After that I caught Snorlax and went to Pallet Town to play through Kanto the original way. Beat Brock, Lt. Surge, Sabrina and Janine in the meantime. Saved when I healed in Cerulean City, which means Misty is up next.

Team:
    Meganium - Level 44
    Sandslash - Level 44
    Poliwhirl - Level 45
    Espeon - Level 45
    Magneton - Level 46
    Crobat - Level 48

WishIhadaManafi5 and Aquarelle like this.
  15. Aquarelle

Flew back to Fuchsia City tonight. From there, I headed south in order to explore Route 19. Like last time, I mostly just Surfed around and battled trainers (and man, there were a lot of them). The battles gave my team lots of experience, though, allowing my Butterfree, Venusaur, and Wigglytuff to reach level 44.

After that, I flew to Cerulean City. I walked back out to the Pokemon Center by Rock Tunnel, where I healed and saved. Might head down to the Power Plant next time.

16. Minuy600

Minuy600 Eon Fan

Mopped up all the other Kanto gym leaders out there. Wasn't quite in the mood to turn over every stone and explore the whole region but since I visited all cities that isn't really an issue.

Went to Mt. Silver and found Red suprisingly easy, as I thought he'd be as difficult to find as in HGSS. I didn't really prepare myself, this was my first time finding him so I really just wanted to see what my team could do.

I got suprisingly far. His Pikachu had no chance against my Sandslash as he had nothing but Quick Attack to fight with which did squat. Venusaur wasn't all that hard either, a bit of swapping around and using Crobat's Fly did the trick. Espeon was where things started to get tricky. I didn't have a Dark type on me so I was forced to use my own Espeon, who has both Shadow Ball and Bite. I had to abuse my Revive stock and other team members to bring it down as I could do 1 attack before I fainted (Red's Espeon was faster and could KO me with 2 Psychics). Eventually he ran out of PP and started spamming Mud Slap which handed me the win over Red's Espeon who was 24 levels higher than mine. Charizard could be brought down by lulling him to sleep and then Surfing him a couple of times with Poliwhirl. Snorlax proved to be the bridge too far, as my Revive stock was nearly up and I missed the crucial few status attacks (dang low accuracy).

Now my aim is to train everyone up to at least level 50 by fighting trainers I haven't fought yet, then try it again. This time with more Revives.

Team:
    Magneton - Level 47
    Sandslash - Level 48
    Poliwhirl - Level 48
    Meganium - Level 48
    Espeon - Level 49
    Crobat - Level 50

Aquarelle likes this.
  17. Aquarelle

Today, I Surfed down towards the Power Plant. I battled the one trainer outside the building, defeating his team with my Golem.

After that, I headed inside the Power Plant. While walking around, I battled all of the Voltorb and Electrode disguised as item balls. Again, I defeated them all using Golem (though most of them just Selfdestructed).

Eventually, I made it to Zapdos. I battled it using my Jolteon, who paralyzed it with Thunderwave and then lowered its HP down. After throwing just a few balls, Zapdos was caught.

18. FlaFlo

FlaFlo New Member

I'm currently going through all mainline Pokemon games that I have never played before. Anyway, I just finished Crystal and I absolutely loved every second of it. Which is weird because I remember not being too much into Gold and Silver and their remakes. My team is as follows:

-Typhlosion
    -Poliwrath
    -Granbull
    -Umbreon
    -Dragonite
    -Electabuzz

Gotta say, this is one of my all-time favorite teams. Mainly because aside from Typhlosion, it was my first time using these Pokemon during the main story. It was a blast though, and I had so much fun raising each one of them. However, making Umbreon evolve at lvl. 30 so that it could learn Confuse Ray was a bit of a pain.

Overall, I loved Crystal, 9/10

Aquarelle likes this.
  19. Minuy600

Minuy600 Eon Fan

The problem truly lies with Red's Snorlax. In one of my attempts yesterday he used Rest while he was agonizingly close to being defeated. In the meantime i've been trying to get my Dex filled up with almost all Pokemon being at least seen, making it easier to see what's left when offline. Currently already above 200. Will probably try and catch Ho-Oh later today as I haven't actually done that yet. Lugia comes after Red because I don't have a lot of Ultra Balls and money. My Master Ball will be saved for the first of the roaming beasts to get it out of the way.

Team:
    See latest post, everyone except Crobat (level 52) is level 50 now.

Aquarelle likes this.
  20. WishIhadaManafi5

Still working on the shiny Koffing hunt. It is still being very stubborn. I tried to catch a Miltank in Pokemon Crystal with no luck. Swear the catch rate on it is similar to a legendary Pokemon :D. Tried weakening it down to red, putting it to sleep and then paralyzing it after it woke up. Ended up soft resetting the game, so I wouldn't waste any Pokeballs.

Aquarelle likes this.