1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Flew back to Viridian City tonight. I didn't feel like exploring the Seafoam Islands yet, so I decided to get the last Gym out of the way.

Inside the Gym, the first thing I did was fight all of the Gym trainers. I used my Tentacruel, Wigglytuff, and Venusaur in these battles, letting each of them defeat several Pokemon.

Then, I did the Giovanni fight. I ended up just using Tentacruel - its Surf wiped through Giovanni's entire team pretty easily.

Team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lv. 44-45

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London Staff Member

Finally caught a Miltank today! So glad that's over with. Back on with the shiny Koffing hunt. Wish it would shine. It's taking forever. Same goes with the Silver version shiny starter hunt.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

In Red, I tried doing some more things at the Game Corner without too much luck. I then decided to grind more at Cerulean Cave and I got Gyarados to Lv 60. I switched onto Kadabra and I've levelled it up to Lv 54.

In Yellow, I battled Blue at Route 22 and I defeated him there so later on my rival will evolve his Eevee into Jolteon. I then went on to Viridian Forest to battle another Bug Catcher with two Caterpies. After some grinding with Nidoran♂, I got it to Lv 6. I would definitely like to play more Yellow sometime later.

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

On my VC Crystal game I just hatched a Shiny Pichu!

5. WishIhadaManafi5

Still working on my shiny Koffing hunt. A bit frustrated though as my system's paint has been flaking off. -_- Dang heat and humidity. Did a bit of flaking off on the lid as well. Which is a pain, since I haven't been playing as often due to the peeling. Applied some clear nail polish to the affected parts to see if it will help to stop it. Did some soft resetting on Silver version too.

6. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Well-Known Member

Restarted Crystal a while back and used the glitch to get all 3 starters. At this point I have two badges and now I am returning to Azalea Forest after backtracking to Dark Cave for the Dunspace swarm. I have seen 40 Pokemon and own 23. Bill has just called me to say I have filled up the first storage box on the PC and need to switch (even though I haven't met him in-game yet and don't have his number!?).

7. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

Got Gold on Virtual Console today. Started with Totodile, beat my rival, who I named Gary, and caught a Sentret, which I named Trent. Now I’m going to get a Pidgey. Her name is Tika. Currently in Violet Gym.

8. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I'm having a bit of trouble in Yellow. I'm at the champion battle, only four of my Pokemon are at full HP, another one is at half HP, and my last is completely knocked out. The worst part is I have used the last of my Full Restores and Revives to ensure this, so now I don't have any.
    EDIT: Took about ten to fiftieth tries, but I finally did it! And with my starter Pikachu delivering the final blow!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

I hatched a shiny Horsea in [VC] Gold after only 4 eggs. Luckily the Shiny Gyrados I caught was male. Pretty little purpley Horsea is so beautiful, I can't wait to evolve her all the way and stuff her in a PC box. I love manipulating shiny values, Totodile is likely next if I decide to do more. Well, that and I still have to capture the dogs.
    (Though for reference, I had it at 1/128, the max rate you can have for a Gen 2 shiny is 1/64. I'm apprehensive my next attempt won't be as lucky since this one went so well though, heh.)

10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I have gotten Crystal on the Virtual Console. Currently I have beaten Falkner, thanks to Geodude he was a piece of cake. My team is Cyndaquil, Pidgey, Geodude and Wooper. Until a good fifth team member shows up, there will be a space for Togepi and Zubat to gain affection

11. WishIhadaManafi5

Finally finished up a shiny Koffing hunt recently in Crystal version (caught one and named it Toxi), so now onto doing some random training before moving on to the next area.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:14 PM
  12. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

So far gotten my sixth badge. In Goldenrod, I decided to SR for an interesting shiny of the Odd Egg. I ended up getting Tyrogue, who evolved into Hitmonchan

13. WishIhadaManafi5

Did a bit of soft reset work for a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver version last night, might do a bit more of it tonight.