• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Doing some more training in Crystal. Found out that Tentacool and Tentacruel are good for Gastly to battle and train against. Definitely better than wading through Meowths, Noctowls, etc., for the occasional Magnemite lol.

And Gastly just evolved! Doing some more training tonight and working over to Cianwood.

Made it over to Cianwood, avoiding all the trainers, minus one... who was annoying lol.

Did some more training up of my Growlithes, my Scyther and my Crobat. The latter two both learned wing attack.

Just got my 5th badge by defeating Chuck and getting the Storm badge.

Here's my team:

Daphne the Haunter - lv 28
Buffy the Crobat - lv 30
Dexter the Scyther - lv 30
Spock the Psyduck - lv 28
Sunny the Butterfree - lv 28
Muscle the Machop - lv 27

Daphne took care of 3/4ths of the battle and Buffy did the cleanup.

Finally caught a Mantine. I'm working on training up somemore before going for my 6th badge.

Got Jasmine's secret potion which she gave to Amphy. Took her on and defeated her and got the 6th badge, the Mineral Badge.

Psyduck was hero of the day! Knocked out Steelix in one hit with Surf. My male Growlithe defeated the first Magnemite in two hits and the girl one is a bit stronger, defeating the second one in just one hit.

Here's my team:

Lennie the Growlithe - lv 30
Martha the Growlithe - lv 30
Muscle the Machoke - lv 30
Spock the Psyduck - lv 30
Daphne the Haunter - lv 30
Buffy the Crobat - lv 30

Just got the 7th badge, the Glacier Badge.

My Magneton took out his Seel and one of my Growlithes took out his Piloswine. My Electabuzz took out his Dewgong easily.

Here's my team:

Columbo the Magneton - lv 32
Dorothy the Electabuzz - lv 31
Lennie the Growlithe - lv 30
Martha the Growlithe - lv 31
Muscle the Machoke - lv 30
Spock the Golduck - lv 33

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Wanted to try doing a Nuzlocke since I've never done one before; so I'm starting a new playthrough of Pokemon Blue on virtual console. Since this is my first time, I decided to go with the simplest rule set

Name all Pokemon
First encounter in an area only ( no duplicates )
Fainted Pokemon must be released
Set Battle type
Items in battle are permitted

It's been a long time since I was a boy in Pokemon, but here we are. This boy is named "Jesness," and my rival is Shigeru
First things first- I grabbed the Potion in my PC, said goodbye to my mom, and then went to pick up my starter. I went with Bulbasaur this time around and named it "Coma."
Shigeru wants to throw down like it's 1996 and the SLOWEST first battle imaginable happens! Charmander opens with a Growl and since Coma DIES if it loses this fight, it also Growls, to lower Charmander's attack. Charmander decides growling is better than scratching and Growls at Coma until it's at -6 ATK! Coma chips away at Charmander with Tackle doing an excruciatingly small amount of damage each turn. For all this, Charmander- bless its soul- continues to Growl. Coma is lucky that Charmander seems to be a pacifist. Eventually, Charmander does start to attack with Scratch but by that point, Coma has already tackled halfway through its HP bar. Charmander eventually goes down and Coma survives its first battle. My mom heals my frog and we're off to Viridian

On the way to pick up Oak's parcel, Coma gains some levels by taking down a few Ratata. It learns Leech Seed at lv 7 which will hopefully help it survive in the long run. After dropping off Oak's mail, he gives me the Pokedex and I head to Viridian again to buy Pokeballs so I can finally catch some Pokemon. I backtrack to route 1 for my first encounter! Coma and I finally meet our first new friend, "Downy," a lv 2 Pidgey!

Current Team:
Coma Lv 8 Bulbasaur
Downy Lv 2 Pidgey

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
To the west of Viridian "Ct. Ratula," the lv 3 Rattata joined the team. I... was too chicken to take on Shigeru so I ran to route 2 to meet my newest employee. "Parkay" the Caterpie in all its lv 3 glory! The first encounter in Viridian Forest was a Metapod... waffling on whether or not that counts as a duplicate, since I already have Caterpie... They are different Pokemon, but they'll end up as the same thing in the end... I decided my mons needed exp, more than the team needed an extra Metapod so.... yeah. Nothing really worth mentioning happened in Viridian forest. Coma's Leech Seed turned out to be pretty darn useful; on top of keeping everyone healthy, it was good at getting around Metapod endlessly using Harden. Thanks to Metapods and the occasional Kakuna, the team was a little buffer by the time we got out.

Current Team:
Coma Lv 10 Bulbasaur
Downy Lv 7 Pidgey
Ct. Ratula Lv 5 Rattata
Parkay Lv 5 Caterpie

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got my 8th badge last night. My Quagsire, Jynx and Lapras were really good. Forgot about Kingdra's Hyper Beam tho. Luckily it had a recharging period that I could take advantage of. Used Perish Song on it as a back up and Lapras's Ice Beam did some really good damage.

Here's my team:

Jay Leno the Lapras - lv 39
Lucy the Quagsire - lv 41
Icy the Jynx - lv 38
Spock the Golduck - lv 38
Godzilla the Gyarados - lv 38
Dorothy the Electabuzz - lv 38

Had to go to the Dragon's Den afterwards and defeat the trainers and do a test, before Claire would give me the badge. I did and I got a Dratini, which I named Carol.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
When I started this run, I figured I would keep the rules simple and I allowed items during battle because I figured at some point I would probably have to heal-spam for my team to stay alive- I did not expect to be doing that in the first gym.... and I didn't! But because I didn't, My whole team is dead. Well, Coma's alive... but very much alone.

After leaving Viridian Forest, I hit the Poke Center and then headed over to the gym. With an under-leveled team, I figured that Coma would do most of the fighting, with the others adding support. I started with the first Gym Trainer. The trainer's first Pokemon was Diglet. Nothing crazy. Parkay dropped Diglet's speed with Stringshot, losing a quarter of her HP in the process to Scratch but nothing to worry about. Downy threw some sand in its eye and followed up with a Gust, but again, a quarter HP gone. Ct. Ratula used Tail Whip and Coma finished Diglet off with tackles. With Diglet down the trainer sends out DEATH INCARNATE! AKA Sandshrew.

Right out of the gate, Sandshrew took a sizable chunk out of Coma with its first Scratch! Fearing for my starter, I switched to Parkay to hopefully slow the thing down with String Shot but she was out-sped and down she went. Trying to save Downy I sent out Ct. Ratula, knowing full well that he couldn't out-speed that monster which only bought Downy one extra turn before she was also slain... Coma doesn't have a Super Effective move for Sandshrew. Leech Seed is the only Grass move he knows. I... actually have no idea what happened, I missed the text box. Either Sandshrew attacked and missed or used a support move that failed, but Coma took no damage on the turn that it came in. I didn't think Pokemon had a "Luck" stat like other RPGs, but here we are! Whatever happened, Coma was able to get Leech Seed off before getting Scratched-Which it immediately regained a little HP after every attack. One Growl and Three Leech Seed boosted Tackles later, Coma was the last mon standing!

Current Team:

Coma Lv 11 Bulbasaur
Downy Lv 7 Pidgey
Parkay Lv 5 Caterpie
Ct. Ratula Lv 5 Rattata

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Since Coma is an only child now, and I have PTSD from my last Trainer encounter we backtrack to the grass right outside of Pewter for another Encounter. I left it before, on account of not wanting duplicate Pokemon, but now anything I catch there will be 'new.' I picked up a Lv 3 Pidgey which I should have named Deja Vu but instead named it "Raptor." Since Raptor needs some levels I train in the Viridian Forest and walk back to Fight Shigeru outside near the Pokemon League building. With a sufficiently leveled team Brock went down easier than expected with a combination of Sand Attack and Leech Seed. After getting the first gym badge Raptor and Coma have very little trouble with the trainers on Route 3, they mostly have bug types with no bug attacks, so.... yeah. On Route 3 our first encounter is a Spearow, which I named "Snippit."
I passed on the $500 Gucci Magikarp and headed into Mount Moon where I found... Paras. Clafairy. Onix. Geodude. Zubat! Welcome aboard, "Fangz!"

Current Team:

Coma Lv 15 Bulbasaur
Raptor Lv 14 Pidgey
Snippit Lv 7 Spearow
Fangz Lv 7 Zubat

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Getting both my Crobat and Electabuzz up to lv 50 tonight. Facing off against lv 21 and above Tentacool, lv 20 or higher Tentacruel and Mantine. It's been a bit of a slog, but not too bad.

Then it'll be time to head over to Blackthorn City to train the rest of my team up to lv 50 as well.

Finally finished training up my team up to lv 50 and worked my way down Victory Road, defeating all the trainers and soundly defeated my rival, Carl.

Just beat the Elite 4. The Dark leader and Lance gave me a bit of trouble, but thankfully I saved beforehand, so I could make changes.

Here's my team:

Dorothy the Electabuzz lv 52
Jay Leno the Lapras lv 52
Lucy the Quagsire lv 51
Icy the Jynx lv 50
Spock the Golduck lv 50
Buffy the Crobat lv 51

Got the GS ball... so I'm ready to get Celebi.

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Making my way through Mount Moon was an exercise in patience. Every Lv 7 Zubat in the joint wanted to come and say, "Hello!" Snippit became the unofficial bouncer of the team and gained some levels in the process. I changed my mind about the Gucci Magikarp and went back for it; trained it for a little while then stuck it in the PC. The daycare is less dangerous than sending it into battle with no way to defend itself.

A Team Rocket Grunt kills Fangz; well his Raticate did. Hyper Fang almost took out Coma who is my highest level mon! Little Fangz never stood a chance. I pick up a Helix Fossil on the way out, and finally make it to route 4 where I encounter a Lv 12 Rattata. I affectionately named it, "Rabies <3" I grind on route 4 to get my team ready for Shigeru on Nugget Bridge and take out two of Misty's gym trainers to level up. I'm not brave enough to take Misty herself on just yet. My mons beat up Shigeru's team and I took his lunch money; I'll need it to buy potions for Nugget Bridge.

Current Team:

Coma Lv 20 Ivysaur
Raptor Lv 19 Pidgeotto
Snippit Lv 16 Spearow
Rabies Lv 14 Rattata
Gucci Lv 8 Magikarp (In the PC)

Fangz Lv 9 Zubat