• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally got to the sea foam islands. I managed to catch a seel, dewgong, golbat, and I caught articuno pretty easily. I found a seadra but killed it with a critical and never found another one DX although I found 2 dewgongs XP after that I bought 3 water and 1 leaf stone and evolved my poliwhirl, shellder, staryu, and exeggcute. I also caught a poliwhirl before realizing I need a slowbro to trade to get lickitung >.> next I will be heading to cinnabar.
Current team
Blastoise lv 40
Nidoking lv 41
Raichu lv 43
Clefable lv 40
Arcanine lv 40
Dodrio lv 43

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So now that Erika was defeated and I had won my fourth gym badge, I healed my pokes again and infiltrated the Game Corner's hidden floor which was where Team Rocket was located.
- I defeated so many Team Rocket members and I soon found the Elevator Key which I now used to access the locked elevator and I went to Giovanni's office and battled him and I won.
- When Giovanni left his hideout he left his Silph Scope behind and I grabbed it. I left Celadon city next and went to Lavender town and decided to finish climbing the Pokemon Tower.

Butta

Since the SS Anne, my over training has truly exploded. Having everyone already on level 30 before boarding was clutch. Boarded the ship and defeated everyone aboard, bested my rival and got cut. Went on to defeat Surge and took a good look at my team. Dugtrio can't learn cut in gen 1 so I deemed him useless, TO THE BOX! Went over to route 2 and traded for mr. Mine but just like dugtrio, TO THE BOX! Back to my journey, picked up the bike in cerulean and headed towards rock tunnel. Bleh more over training lol. But when I got to lavender is when i decided to take the game into my own hands. Immediately headed over to celadon and brought a few tms and stones. Trained my gloom up to 38 so it can learn petal dance, and evolved it. Evolved pikachu to raichu as well. Then headed over to saffron after I picked up some more TMs from the the thirsty girl. Then went out and caught me a doduo :) Wow I'm glad I over trained because the fighting dojo!!! You're definitely supposed to do that later in the game. But Alls well that ends well because picked up my hitmonlee and taught it mega kick. Thank you TMs. Now it's time to make dinner
Blastoise lv 39
Vileplume lv 38
Raichu lv 36 (might be replaced with an electabuzz later)
Hitmonlee lv 30
Dodou lv 22
Nidorino lv 35 (prob going to be replaced as well)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I spent some time organizing all the items I had. My PC's item storage was completely full, so I had to go through it and find some items to get rid of. I had many TMs stored in it, so I took out the ones I knew I was never going to use and sold them. Then, I organized my remaining items. I also taught a few TMs to my Pokemon.

Next, I went to the Saffron Gym. I stepped on random teleporters until I had defeated every trainer in the Gym, then took the correct teleporter path to Sabrina and battled her. I started the battle with my Clefable and used its STAB moves to take down Kadabra and Mr. Mime. Then, I switched to Dodrio and spammed Drill Peck to defeat Venomoth and Alakazam.

After winning the Marsh Badge, I flew back to Pewter City. I got a Pokemon with Cut out of the PC and then went to the back entrance of the science museum. I went inside and obtained the Old Amber from a scientist. Then, I flew to Cinnabar and entered the lab there. I revived the fossils I had and got Omanyte and Aerodactyl. Finally, after that I did one of the ingame trades. I traded away my Venonat since I didn't need it as I had a Venomoth, too, and received Tangela in return.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 40-41

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught a tangela on the route below pallet. After that I made my way to cinnabar island. I got to battle the wonderful 6 magikarp fisherman XD. I beat all the other trainers including a cueball.... o_O and got to cinnabar. Afterwards I made my way to the research lab, got the metronome tm which I taught to clefable in place of tri attack and I also got omanyte and areodactyl. Finally I went in the pokemon mansion catching a ponyta, koffing, and a muk but I haven't found a grimer yet o_O.
Current team
Blastoise lv 41
Nidoking lv 43
Raichu lv 43
Clefable lv 41
Arcanine lv 40
Dodrio lv 43

Last edited:

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I caught Pikachu in Viridian Forest finally and then ran into another one very quickly. After this I battled many Kakuna until eventually I found a Caterpie and I caught this. I got Nidoran male up to Level 10. Hotta make him stronger so he can learn Double Kick, and then it'll be time to face Brock.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
So much catching up ;_;

- I was close to exiting the Rock Tunnel after losing all my starters in battle. I was down to my Mew and the last Rock Tunnel trainer. She ended up beating me, because of Paralysis and getting unlucky with Mega Punch. I blacked out and had to start over from the start of Rock Tunnel. I could've gone to recover, but I was so deep in the tunnel and Teleport apparently doesn't work in caves (which I don't recall ever being the case, tbh).
- After Abra did its job as my flashlight, I decided to bring back my Mankey. Since I made it to Lavender, I decided to tweak its name a bit. Antari to Antauri. (Did the same to my Gyarados. From Lagiacrus to Weviafan. Those who watch YGOTAS will get it.)
- Beat the Channelers in the Tower, despite not having the Silph Scope yet. Although I did learn that Cubone can also not be identified without the Silph Scope, even though he's not a ghost (the ghost will be brown instead of purple to suggest it's Cubone)...Holy Helix Fossil! Are the Cubone dead in this game? .___.
- It was a pain getting Mankey up to speed with the others, but he finally evolved at the Rocket Hideout in Celadon, before facing Giovanni. I also found a strange glitch as my new Primeape was stuck in Rage mode: apparently Disable can affect your Pokemon's Rage and make its Attack go up, but if Disable happens to disable Rage when you're in Rage mode, you can't attack until you're no longer disabled, but your Attack stat can still go up in this situation.
- I stopped by the Dept. Store quickly for a Poke Doll and a few TMs. Got Mega Kick for Primeape, Tri Attack for Mew, Ice Beam for Wartortle, and Rock Slide for a rainy day.
- Burned the entire gym down with Charmeleon, but didn't make it to evolution.
- Went back to Lavender to get rid of the Rockets there and bring back Mr. Fuji. I decided to train Charmeleon at the Tower a little bit, since he was close to evolution, so he evolved there before facing the Rocket Trio.
- Took me too long to catch a Cubone, because Wartortle wouldn't stop landing a crit with Bite. I caught one on the 3rd try by chucking a Great Ball at it.
- Just got the Poké Flute, and MIGHT catch both Snorlax and save the extra for a rainy day...

;025; Jupiter - lvl 27
;002; Lisianthus - lvl 27
;006; Brutus - lvl 36
;008; Donatello - lvl 28
;151; Eileithyia - lvl 28
;057; Antauri - lvl 29

Drummerdude

Really thought I made more posts than I have. Lots to update.

I ended up beating Misty with ease thanks to Bellsprout and then headed to see Bill to get the SS Ticket. I taught Geodude Dig so it could finally have a Ground type move and then headed South to Vermillion City. While aboard the luxury cruiser Bellsprout evolved into Weepinbell and I managed to get the Cut HM after beating Gary. Geodude, who later evolved into Graveler swept Lt. Surge's Gym with Dig. I decided at this point to change up my planned team a bit and before entering the Rock Tunnel I caught a Voltorb for the team. Rock Tunnel wasn't too difficult to navigate and before I knew it I was in Lavender Town where I got the chance to crush Gary's hopes and dreams once again. Next I headed west to Celadon City where I picked up the Eevee and evolved it into Flareon for Pokedex purposes. Then I headed to the Celadon Gym where Charmeleon finally got its chance to shine by defeating the trainers. Erika was annoying to deal with. Her Victreebel kept spamming Poison Powder and Wrap and her Tangela wouldn't stop with Bind. Luckily Vileplume wasn't too tough though and soon I had my Rainbow Badge. Then I headed to the Game Corner where I defeated Giovanni and some other Rocket Grunts before taking a break. Oh and Voltorb evolved in the hideout as well.

;005; Lv32
;075; Lv32
;070; Lv32
;101; Lv30

Grey Wind

Since I now had Surf, I explored the water routes a little bit before heading to Saffron. I immediately set about clearing out Silph Co. (wow there's a lot of trainers there) before battling my rival and Giovanni. They were both pretty easy as usual. I also evolved Vulpix with my Fire Stone, since it had learned Flamethrower and there were no more moves I wanted for it.

I trained for a bit at the fighting dojo before heading to the gym. I had a lot of trouble against the Psychic types in Fuchsia, but Sabrina proved to be easier than I expected. Rhyhorn defeated Abra with ease, and Ninetales and Pikachu took out Kadabra. Alakazam was the main problem. Psychic took down Pikachu and Rhyhorn, so I tried setting up Toxic and Leech Seed with Venusaur. My attacks kept missing for some reason though, and it eventually fainted. Haunter pulled through in the end and defeated Alakazam with Night Shade.

Marsh Badge in head, I went back to Pallet Town and made my way towards Cinnabar. The amount of water trainers is annoying because Ninetales and Rhyhorn are practically useless against them. I eventually made it to Cinnabar, where I saved after exploring the mansion for a bit.

Team:
025.png
lv 40
003.png
lv 38
038.png
lv 38
093.png
lv 38
061.png
lv 38
111.png
lv 37

Blasting Toise

Started playing Yellow some days ago. I also got Blue, not yet started, probably going to pick Squirtle- it is my all-time favorite starter.

In Yellow I just got my Squirtle after easily beating Surge. Geodude with Bide did the trick when Raichu Mega Kicked it twice- 1-hit KO XD Didn't even need Diglett or Charmeleon's Dig and I also got Nidoqueen just in case- probably keep her in my team at least for now.

No gym leader has been problem to me. Mankey and 2 Nidorans made Brock easy. Misty was bit a challenge but even if Pikachu would've fainted I had Oddish and Ivysaur waiting. Pikachu first destroyed Staryu then paralyzed Starmie and Double Team saved it few times when it took down Starmie with thundershocks and quick attacks.

My Rival in Cerulean was a problem though- Spearow got critical hits with fury attacks (in this gen critical hits with multiple moves are killers)- I had to load a save and train a bit before facing him since I don't want to lose to him :C After a bit of training he was not a problem and aboard Anne he was no more challenge.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished up in the pokemon mansion. I also caught a weezing and a grimer. I found a grimer but killed it with a critical DX luckily I found another one. After that I beat the trainers in between cinnabar and seafoam islands. Finally I beat the trainers in cinnabar island gym and beat Blaine who was really easy with just nidoking and blastoise. Next I will be battling the trainers in viridian gym and Giovanni

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
i headed to the power plant and captured the legendary zapdos. i then cleared team rocket out of silph and picked up lapras, the final memebr of "the chosen six". i then pulled a "beefer" with taking lapras along silph, sabrinas gym and route 12-15 to catch it up in levels to the rest of my team. now i head to the seafoam islands on the way to cinnabar island.

team:
lapras lv34
gloom lv 34
rhyhorn lv36
charizard lv43
mew lv39
jolteon lv36

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I defeated the possessed ladies at the Lavender town Pokemon tower and I reached the last staircase, however a Marowak ghost attacked me and I had to defeat it and headed up.
- I saved Mr Fuji from Team Rocket members when I reached the final floor and we went to his pokemon orphanage and I attained the Pokeflute. I went to Celadon again next and went west.
- I used Cut at Route 16 and visited a home and got the Fly Hm now which I taught to Pidgeotto and then I used my Pokeflute to awaken the sleeping Snorlax nearby and I captured it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went to the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island. I explored every floor thoroughly and fought all the trainers, picked up all the items I saw, and read all the journals scattered about. I also spent time catching a lot of Pokemon. In fact, I'm pretty sure I caught every single Pokemon that appears in the mansion in Blue. Vulpix was the most annoying to catch because of Roar, which made me fail at getting it several times. I was really glad that I got Magmar, though, especially since later I discovered that it took the very last spot in the PC box I was using.

Anyway, I found the Secret Key eventually and then left. After healing, I headed into the Cinnabar Gym. I ignored the quiz questions at first as I wanted to fight all the trainers for experience. I did do the questions afterwards, though, because they're always fun for me.

Once I was ready, I battled Blaine. I lead with my Blastoise and used its Surf to deal with Growlithe and Ponyta. After that, I switched to Dugtrio to defeat Rapidash and Arcanine. I won pretty easily and got my seventh badge.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 41-42

Butta

picking up where I left off. Since I've now got hitmonlee and Dodou i flew over to vermillion to hit digletts cave and trained the two of them up to level 35, and doduo evolved into Dodrio *2 thumbs up* I then headed to lavender town, to clear out everyone in the lost tower. Which was a little bit harder than i thought it'd be. Despite my pokemon being over leveled, gastlys can survive a water gun and spam confuse ray. Heck Dodrio can be hit with night shade in the gen lol. Saving all my TMs for missingno replication. But after all of this i flew back to celadon and took care of Erica and everyone else in that gym. A little to easy with dodrio but those battles did make me realize that my teams missing a fire type or at least someone who can use fire type moves. I'll take care of that at some point in time. but then I took down the rocket hideout and grabbed the silph scope from Giovanni. took down the ghost mama marowak, and the rockets atop the tower saving Fuji. With his blessings and the pokeflute i headed down route 12 and caught that snorlax. With snorlax currently on my team, I evolved nidorino to nidoking and sent him TO THE BOX! doubt i'm going to keep snorlax but we'll see what happens.
Blastoise lv 42
vileplume lv 38
hitmonlee lv 37
raichu lv 38 (prob going to be replaced with an electabuzz)
dodrio lv 37
snorlax lv 30 (prob going to be replaced, with who? idk lol)

Last edited:

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
Last night, I beat Brock in a way I've never beaten him before. I raised my Nidoran up to level 16 in hopes of some time getting Double Kick. However, I noticed he was evolving, so I let him evolve. I defeated Brock by lowering his Geodude and Onix's defense all the way with Leer and then Horn Attacked him to death. It worked and it was very interesting. I only had to use one Potion. After this I visited Pewter Museum for the first time in years, talked to the guy growing flowers, and then I went on my way towards Mt. Moon. Today me and my Pokemon will battle many trainers on our way there and through there. Hope to catch a Clefairy.

Flamer

Made it through Mt.Moon, just. Think AS must have made me soft, cause it was a lot tougher than anything in game I've faced for a long time. Had to turn back a couple of times to revisit the Pokemon Center, and ended up fighting Jessie and James with just a Pidgey on 10HP with no potions left. Somehow it managed to win through, mixture of luck and Jessie and James being terrible trainers. Pidgey got its reward by evolving into Pidgeotto at the end of the battle. Nidoran had also evolved into Nidorino earlier on in my treck through Mt.Moon. Found a Moon Stone too, so I'll be able to evolve him into Nidoking when the time's right.

After exiting Mt.Moon I headed straight to the Pokemon Center in Cerulean City to heal my team, and then the Mart to stock up on Potions and a few Pokeballs, (plan on doing the Mew glitch soon). Spent a bit of time exploring the city. Found a trainer with a Bulbasaur who heals sick Pokemon. She didn't give me the Bulbasaur though, presumably Pikachu doesn't like me enough yet, (not surprising after the beatings it took in Mt.Moon). Not in any position to start on the gym yet, so made my way up to Nuget Bridge. Gary popped up at the foot of the bridge and I battled him. Spearow was a little difficult since Pikachu no longer knows Thundershock, but aside from that the battle went pretty smoothly. Nidorino's Double Kick was a big help against Eevee and Rattata.

After that I went back to the Pokemon Center, before returning to Nugget Bridge where I started battling the trainers there. Got through 4 out of 5, although I did have to turn back and make yet another trip to the Pokemon Center after the second battle...

Current team:
;025; Piki - lv14
;017; Woody - lv19
;033; Bowser - lv18

Butta

Gave in to nostalgia. Started playing yellow as well. But just that start. My rival battle
Pikachu: thundershock
Eevee: tackle *critical hit* -__-
Pikachu: growl
Eevee: tail whip -__-
Eevee: tackle. I've got 3 hp left
Eevee: tackle misses (thank god!)
Pikachu: thundershock for the win!!!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I went through the Cycling road next and defeated some trainers there and I kept going south until I had reached Fuchsia city. I visited the nearby pokemon center immediately.
- I did some shopping and visited the Safari Zone building next and paid some cash to explore the pasture. I mostly focused on finding the Surf Hm and finding the warden's teeth. :3
- Once I had found the important items, I went to the warden's home and gave the teeth back to him and he handed me the Strength Hm which I now taught to my Nidoking.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
i explored seafoam islands and captured the legendary articuno. i then cleared out all the trainers in the sea routes, then got the exp all from oaks aide (and deposited it :p). now i go revive my fossils and explore the pokemon mansion to find the key to blaines gym.

team:
lapras lv 36
jolteon lv 41
mew lv 40
charizard lv 43
vileplume lv 41
rhyhorn lv 36