• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Managed to catch a Kangaskhan, so I'm ditching Pikachu for it.

Once I beat Koga, I'll praise Helix, and the final team will be Mew/Dugtrio/Dodrio/Hitmonlee/Kangaskhan/Omastar.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I returned to the Safari Zone briefly in order to catch a few more Pokemon. I went fishing and caught a Krabby and a Slowpoke. Then, I went back to the Cinnabar coast to catch Kangaskhan.

Today, I flew to Fuchsia and headed south to Route 19. I started Surfing on the ocean and battled all the trainers in the water. Then, I entered the eastern half of Route 20 and continued fighting trainers. Once that was done, I landed on the Seafoam Islands and went inside the cave. I wandered around for quite a while and pushed some boulders down holes. Also, I captured a few new Pokemon for my Pokedex, including Seel, Staryu, and Kingler.

Eventually, I found Articuno and battled it. I weakened it a lot with Clefable, then got it to really low health with Blastoise after Clefable fainted. I then tried to catch it and got it on my very first Ultra Ball!

With Articuno caught, I finished exploring the rest of the Seafoam Islands, then headed back outside.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 42-43

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I did a lot of stuff on Pokemon Red since the last post update. I got through Mt. Moon, picked the Helix Fossil, I got to Cerulean City and from there I did the Quick Mew Glitch and got a Lv 7 Mew. I beat Misty, I beat lots of other trainers, got lots more Pokemon, and I went to Vermilion City and beat Lt. Surge. Right now I am about to go through Rock Tunnel. My party is Oddish, Pikachu, Mew, Wigglytuff, Charmeleon, and Nidorino.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I guess a lot of people are using the Mew glitch?

I did a test run on the Elite 4, and I lost to Larry's (Gary) Alakazam.

Since there are no trainer rematches, I am going to money grind with Pay Day, which is a little tedious.

Pikachu is still on my team, and I might get him to level 50 for Light Screen.

Edit: Team Gengar/Omastar/Pidgeot/Pikachu/Ninetales/Nidoking

Edit (Update): Oh my god, my sides! The Alakazam I had trouble with was using Kinesis, which failed on Gengar. Gengar set up a successful Hypnosis, and I let Pidgeot wreck it. That was 0% success with the Pokemon I was fearing the most. I didn't even use a Max Revive.

So now I beat a Level 60 army with my mid 40 Pokemon. Onto Mewtwo eventually.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
My playthroughs of the VC games are more focused on giving pokemon i usually don't use a chance as well as the ones with the coolest sprites (for example, the coolest dragonite as ever looked was on red/blue). I picked 16-18 for each run. Some pokemon i had to drop out, like onix, whose attack stat is so bad for a fully evolved pokemon that i decided to just not use it. I try to use those awesome exploitable and dirty moves like the trapping moves and toxic seed. The 1st run was of the gen 1 game i never played, red.

I just finnished beat the elite 4. agatha's strongest gengar, lance's aerodactyl and BLUE's alakazam were the hardest to defeat.

Team(after defeating the E4):
lv. 44 weezing
lv. 44 dodrio
lv. 44 rapidash
lv. 45 slowbro
lv. 49 electabuzz
lv. 49 dragonair

I was thinking of grinding my team to level 55 but when i went back to victory road i found 90% level 20's zubat and machop and i got pretty bored. grinded dragonair to level 48, stocked up on revives and full restores and with my already bought 16 hyper potions i decided "what the hell, let's do this" lv. 47 electabuzz put lorelei's first 3 out of their misery with thunderbolt, rapidash's fire spin trapped jynx long enough to kill it, even with it taking one ice punch and lorelei healing her with some super potions. lapras, who i thought would be the toughest, went as easily as her other water types.

bruno was pretty easy with dodrio...or so i thought. the 2 onix were like paper to slowbro's surf and hitmonchan took 1 sky attack from dodrio but hitmonlee OHKO'd me with a crit hi jump kick. weezing took care of him and i revived dodrio to take machamp out with 2 flys. Agatha was not as though right until the last gengar. the 1st gengar took 3 psychics from slowbro, golbat took 2 ice beams from dragonair, haunter needed 2 psychics and as i switched to dodrio to take out arbok, she withdrew her after 3 turns for gengar. And then the nightmare started. i couldn't toxic it because it's a poison type and itself had toxic, which combined with confuse ray was the most annoying pokemon to try to defeat. get toxic'ed, switch to weezing, heal the poison, get confuse ray'ed, switch to slowbro, get confuse ray'ed, try to attack with psychic, fail, get toxic'ed again, switch to weezing, heal poison, get night shade'd, switch to slowbro, get toxiced, try to attack but get confused ray first, miss the attack...and since you can't full heal the confusion away in gen 1 i had to either try to hit through the confusion or keep switching out. but i finally passed through confusion and dealt the final blow with psychic. leveled up to level 45 and learned the key move amnesia, which i probably would have struggled a lot more without it.

next up lance. gyarados got OHKO'ed by electabuzz's thunderbolt, both dragonair (level 56) were slower than my dragonair (level 49) and used dragon rage, giving my dragonair chance to 2HKO them with ice beam. then came aerodactyl and my strategy was toxic'ing it but i got 1HKO crit hyper beam'ed and had to switch to electabuzz. i used max revive on weezing and aerodactyl anlost killed my electabuzz with take down. after that i switched to weezing and finally used toxic, sponging any other hits aerodactyl dished out thanks to that tank defense. and lastly came dragonite, which i thought i could OHKO it with dragonair's ice beam but i got crit slam'ed and got one shot'ed myself. i switched to weezing and would you look at that, ATV's strat works! toxic and chill while dragonite kept using agility and reflect. thanks gen 1 AI :D. And weezing levels up to level 44. you deserve it.

And finally BLUE. pidgeot took a thunderbolt, mirror move'd it to me and got killed by thunderpunch. next was alakazam. i switched to slowbro, and got OHKO'ed by a crit psychic! damm alakazam, you're scary. i switched to weezing to max revive slowbro and surprise surprise weezing got killed in one shot by psychic. then i switched to slowbro again and tried amnesia. took 1 psychic and still had more than half HP. relfect and 2nd amnesia. recover and 3rd amnesia. OK now it's time to attac...WHAT!? alakazam hits a crit psybeam killing slowbro. NOOOO! i was losing hope at this point. switched to dragonair, sacrificing it to max revive slowbro and luckily i managed to get 3 amnesia and attack without any crit. 3 surfs and that's it. nest is poor poor rhydon who took all the might of a max special surf. he managed to be slower than slowbro XD. after that came exeggutor, which i took out with rapidash's fire spin. gyarados managed to take a 4x super effective thunderbolt, surviving with very little HP and in return, electabuzz managed to survive 1 hydro pump with 12 HP. gyarados got full restored and electabuzz took it out with 2 thunderpunch. and lastly, for the victory lap, charizard. he started dangerously with always crit slash on dodrio, taking a big chunk of his HP but then he decided to use the worst attack of gen 1, rage. and then i laughed pretty hard. revived weezing, revived dragonair, switched to weezing, toxic, switched to dragonair and dirty AF wrap toxic. GG BLUE. And that's it, with level 40's pokemon it's possible to beat gen 1's elite 4. I have to say, i gained a lot of respect for weezing, he tanked aerodactyl's hyper beam and that's very impressive. i'm glad i gave him a chance.

now, onwards to some actual grinding on the cerulean cave.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I visited Routes 13, 14 and 15 next cuz I wanted to level up my team a small bit before gaining the courage to challenge the Fuchsia city gym hee hee. I defeated several trainers. ^^
- When I had finished training, I went back to Fuchsia city and paid the gym a visit and walked along invisible walls and defeated trainers and soon I found Koga's location and we battled.
- I had a hard time dealing with Koga's poison type team but I inevitably won and gained the Soul badge and a Tm and I stepped outside. I visited the pokemon center and flew to Saffron.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I caught Mewtwo, and wtih the exception of it's horrible HP DV, I got 12 in both physical stats, 14 in speed, and 9 in special.

I wish I could switch 12 and 9 around. This still makes me wonder about the VC transfer to Sun and Moon, and how it will operate with missing values (assuming it still keeps with the Gen VI stat determination).

Pokedex has 101 caught. Mewtwo set a dalmatian standard.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Managed to beat Koga despite my team mostly hovering around 30. Kangaskhan took out the first couple Venonat with Mega Punch. The third spammed Sleep Powder on Dugtrio, so I Poke Fluted when it hit and Dug when it missed. Dodrio was able to take out Venomoth with a couple of Drill Pecks, though I did end up playing around with switching shenanigans with the Vaporeon I was using for Surf so I could heal and lower its stats.

I then Flew to Pallet, Surfed to Cinnabar, revived Omanyte and Aerodactyl, and put Omanyte on my team. Gave it Surf, ran through the Mansion, and now intend to sweep Cinnabar Gym using Dugtrio and Omanyte. Afterwards, I'm gonna have to hit up Silph so I can get Badge #7 from Sabrina.

Team update:

Lv. 31 ;151; no u
Lv. 32 ;051; Namco
Lv. 33 ;085; D*ldo
Lv. 31 ;106; Tim
Lv. 31 ;115; Kangst
Lv. 32 ;138; Lord Helix

EDIT: Blaine was a bit tougher than expected; had to Full Restore Omanyte after Ninetales. Kangaskhan's Tail Whip helped soften up Rapidash for Dugtrio, who got one-shotted by Arcanine's Flamethrower, so Omanyte came back to fight Arcanine (20 levels higher!). Omanyte and Dugtrio are now Lv. 34, and I've now got a Volcano Badge.

Last edited:

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Blue Adventure-Part 1

I decided to restart and kind of tell the journey as it goes on (like i started to on the older threads). I chose to do Pokemon Blue first (though i bought all three on 3DS) since it was my first ever Pokemon game.

I began the game in my room in Pallet Town, chose Squirtle as my starter and then did all the usual things until after i delivered Oaks Parcel and got the Pokedex. I then went to Viridian City, bought some Pokeballs and decided to train Squirtle up a bit against the wild Pokemon in the area.

After Squirtle was trained a bit, i went into Viridian Forest and after about half an hour of searching i found and caught a Pikachu, battled the trainers there, raising up both teammates and then made it through to Pewter City. Think i'm going to train a little more before taking on Brock though.

Team:

007.png

Level: 12
Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble

025.png

Level: 11
Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave

Blazing Charmander

Picking up from my previous update, I have received all three starter Pokemon, won two more badges and reached Lavender Town. I have been struggling to maintain a fast pace in my playthrough as the status-inducing Pokemon and high-crit ratio for moves such as Karate Chop has been hampering my progress. Lots of return trips to Pokemon Centers for healing and to Poke Marts for Super Potions as you could probably imagine! Key happenings:

- Reached Cerulean City via Mt. Moon and defeated my rival, GARY, before clearing Nugget Bridge (one trainer's Mankey blitzing my whole team apart from my own Mankey) and reaching Bill's Cottage where Bill gave me the SS Ticket;
- Obtained Bulbasaur and Charmander.
- Pikachu and Bulbasaur won me the Cascade Badge, with Bulbasaur evolving straight after the battle having jumped from Level 15 to 17 by defeating Starmie;
- Reached Vermilion City where I visited the SS Anne, received HM01 after once again humbling GARY, and defeated Surge's Raichu with Mankey's recently learnt Dig attack to earn me the Thunder Badge;
- Obtained Squirtle and detoured through Diglett's Cave to Route 2 where I received HM05;
- Trained Squirtle on the way back through Mt. Moon and traveled to Rock Tunnel from Cerulean City. Charmander and Squirtle evolved on the way to and inside Rock Tunnel respectively, with both catching up to the rest of my team in levels;
- Saved the game in Lavender Town.

Team:
Pikachu - Level 26
Mankey - Level 24
Butterfree - Level 23
Ivysaur - Level 25
Charmeleon - Level 19
Wartortle - Level 23

Last edited:

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
i explored the pokemon mansion, catching a few mons to add to the dex, and finding the key to cinnabar gym and beating blaine. then i headed to viridian to get the final badge, easily beating giovanni, and then my rival before heading to victory road. now i shall take some time to stock up on what i need and then its off to victory road, and finally the indigo plateau.

team:
lapras lv 40
mew lv 41
rhyhorn lv 41
charizard lv 43
vileplume lv 42
jolteon lv 41

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I arrived at Saffron city now and I saw Team Rocket grunts spread around the city and I visited the pokemon center and exchanged pokemon, then I visited the Silph co. building.
- Once past the lobby I had to run through the upper floors and passed through offices while defeating Team Rocket guys and looking for the Card Key which I needed to unlock doors.
- I finally got the key and picked up items, then I stepped on those warping panels and I reached a room where my rival appeared and I defeated him. Next I grabbed a free Lapras. :D

Butta

Not to much to update on this end. Been studying for midterms. 2nd degree on its way! I flew down the cycling road trying to get to route 17 or 18 whichever it is to the left of fushia city and have been training there. Also took on the safari game and picked up surf as well as catching some more pokes for the deck. Scyther and Chancey are just headaches -__- but slowpokes rounded out my team. Off to digletts cave to train him up before I battle koga
Blastoise lv 48
Hitmonlee lv 45
Dodrio lv 45
Raichu lv 45
Vileplume lv 38
Slowpoke lv 15

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I continued exploring the sea routes. I Surfed around on the western half of Route 20 first and battled all of the trainers there. Once that was done, I returned to Cinnabar to heal and then continued north to Route 21. I defeated all the trainers on that route as well and captured a wild Tentacool. Eventually, I reached Pallet Town, where I healed my team again at my house.

Next, I flew back to Cinnabar Island. I decided to head back into the Pokemon Mansion to do some more training. I walked through the entire building and battled wild Pokemon until my whole team was the same level. I saved after that and haven't had nuch time to do anything else since.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
all lv. 44

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I stopped playing Red for a while to start up my Yellow Version and I played it all day only putting it down to sleep, eat, and take shower. So anyway....I got to and past where I was on Red in Yellow Version. I am right now in Celadon City and just gt my Eevee, after which I became exhausted and decided to go to bed for the night, saving on the road somewhere in the city. I did the Quick Mew Glitch again but this time I don't have Mew in my party. My party consists of...

Pikachu Lv 23
Nidorina Lv23
Gengar Lv 23
Slowbro Lv22
Charmeleon Lv 23
Primeape Lv 28

Some of you may ask how do I have Gengar and Slowbro and at such low levels? I performed a strange glitch in Viridian City which allowed me to get them. The glitch said you could get Pokemon up to Lv 100, but I didn't want to be cheap. I just wanted two hard to get Pokemon, and it was fun to see it worked. Anyway, so I'm currently about to go to the Game Corner and get the Silph Scope from Team Rocket, etc. I'm trying to hold off evolving Nidorina until she learns Fury Swipes. I've been using Serebii's Pokedex for Gen 1 to help me with the move training. :)

Sprinter1988

After obtaining the Boulder Badge from Brock, I headed east towards Mount Moon. I battles many trainers along the way and then did some grinding outside the cave until everyone was at level sixteen. This resulted in my Nidoran evolving into Nidorina. Then I set foot inside the caves beneath the mountain, quickly picking up the TM for Water Gun. While battling various hikers, super nerds and members of Team Rocket I happened across a Clefairy. I caught it with a pokeball, making it the sixth member of my team. I taught it Water Gun and began grinding against wild Geodude to get her level up. Eventually I battled a nerd for a fossil and upon winning I chose the Dome Fossil. As I was going to exit the mountain, I was ambushed by Jessie and James, but their team of Ekans, Meowth and Koffing were no match for my Butterfree and Mankey.

Upon entering Cerulean City my team looked like this:

Zappy - Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Double Team
Chuck - Scratch, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop
Elizabeth - Scratch, Tackle, Poison Sting, Double Kick
Kitty - Confusion, Tackle, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder
Penelope - Gust, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind
Luna - Pound, Sing, Water Gun, Double Slap

After healing my pokemon in the pokemon centre, I went to the house with the lady who gives you a Bulbasaur, but she didn't feel like doing that yet. Instead I went north to battle Gary. His team of Spearow, Rattata, Sandshrew and Eevee fell easily. Then I battled my way though Nugget Bridge and won the golden prize before speaking to the trainer who gives you a Charmander. I named the Charmander Charlie and let my highest level pokemon, Penelope the Pidgeotto, take a rest in the PC. While training Charlie up against many wild Bellsprout and Oddish I realised that I would need to catch one of them to be a Cut user. I caught both, naming Oddish Rafflesia and Bellsprout Bellatrix. I also caught a Venonat who I called Vinny. So far I was intending to use all my pokemon in rotation, but I'm not sure if those three will make the group.

After going to see Bill, I battled the Rocket Grunt behind the Dig Master's house and got the TM for Dig, which I taught to Chuck the Mankey. headed just south of Cerulean City where I encountered a Jigglypuff which I caught and named Pink. As she was only level three, I deposited her into the daycare, though I don't know if I will add her to my rotating team. Then I went to the Cerulean Gym where Zappy the Pikachu swept through all the trainers and Misty's Staryu. After defeating Staryu, Pikachu reached level 26 and learned Thunderbolt. Misty's Starmie didn't stand a chance and I won the Cascade Badge.

After that, I went back and got the Bulbasaur, which I nicknamed Cabbage and put Pikachu into storage until the rest of my team also reached level 26. By the time I arrived in Vermillion City, Chuck, Charlie, Penelope and Kitty had all reached level 26, so I put them into the P.C for a bit so I could focus on training up Cabbage, Luna, Elizabeth, Vinny, Rafflesia and Bellatrix. Digglet's Cave proved to be an excellent place to train the grass types and Luna with her Water Gun. In there I also caught a Dugtrio, which I named DiggerDave. At this point I saved and took a break.

Blasting Toise

Just won Sabrina after long and kinda insane match in Yellow. Yellow Gym leaders are seriously tough considering their teams are so strong compared to other foes in the story at the time- lvl 50 while my most pokes were 39-42. And then Psychic-type.... no match for it in these games. Psychic hits really hard to all my pokemon which were classic starter-team Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Butterfree and I forgot to take my sixth pokemon which was Nidoqueen, (which is weak to psychic also though) and instead of Nidoqueen I had HM-slave Sandshrew on lvl 11 :p LOL my bad- but it was surprisingly useful in the end actually.

Abra was not bad but Kadabra got 3 of my pokes out with critical hits :/ - yeah it's fast and these damn mechanics in the game makes it crit so often it's crazy. Charizard took Kadabra down with critical hit Dig also though and Alakazam was the only Sabrina's pokemon left. I Leech Seeded it and poisoned with Poison Powder (Nidoqueen had Toxic that would have abused nicely Leech Seed but as said it was on PC) then Venusaur managed to escape when Alakazam started using Recover for minor damage it had.

Fortunately AI is dumb as a doorknob and when I threw my Sandshrew there to give Revives to fainted pokemon Alakazam didn't attack but started using Reflect over and over again losing it's health of status and seed. Then just for the laughs I decided to see if Sandy (My lvl 11 Sandshrew) can use sand-attack for it to save my team from Psychic that would surely 1-hit or 2-hit KO anything in my team. And Alakazam started healing itself with Recover. After like 4 sand -attacks it finally tried to attack with Psywave- it took like 2 hp and Sandy continued trolling with sand. And Kazam continued recovering that nullified effects of seed and poison. Then it tried to hit with Psychic and failed- many times over- but unfortunately Sandy's scratch did only like 1 hp damage... if I got critical hit I mean...

It was mad stalemate so I decided to take a risk of Psychics hitting and I changed to Pikachu and started hitting it with Pay Day (I taught that to him for some extra money). All Psychics and Psywaves missed- Recover slowed down the damage but eventually critical hit of Pay Day KO:ed Alakazam and Sabrina had a reason to be shocked- she was completely trolled by lvl 11 Sandshrew and not-so-menacing Pay Day. Got some extra cash too XD

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Blue Adventure-Part 2

After training a bit more, my Pokemon and i went to the Pewter City gym to face Brock, but first there was a trainer with a Diglett and a Sandshrew to beat, but Squirtle easily beat them with his Bubble attack :p

After healing my Pokemon, i finally challenged Brock to a battle which he accepted. With that, Brock sent out his Level 12 Geodude first. Straightaway Squirtle used Bubble and it left Geodude with about 1/4 health left. Geodude then used Tackle which didn't do much at all. Squirtle finished Geodude off with a second Bubble (with a unneeded critical hit no less :p).

Brock finally sent out his Level 14 Onix who outsped Squirtle and used Screech, which greatly lowered Squirtle's Defense. Squirtle then used Bubble again, which left Onix with just over 1/4 HP remaining and lowered Onix's Speed. Onix then (for some silly reason i don't understand) went for Screech again greatly lowering Squirtle's Defense, resulting in Squirtle defeating Onix with another Bubble attack, growing to Level 13 and winning our team the BoulderBadge and TM34 (Bide). Good job Squirtle! ^^

After defeating Brock and healing up my team and buying some supplies at the Mart, me and my Pokemon ventured up to Route 3 and battled the trainers there. Squirtle and Pikachu gained a lot of experience points and a few levels whilst doing so, with Squirtle learning Water Gun along the way. We're going to stay outside Mt. Moon for now and train some more in the grassy area there before going inside.

Team:

007.png

Level: 15
Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Water Gun

025.png

Level: 14
Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Cleared out Silph, and then Saffron Gym: Hitmonlee took out Abra, Dodrio took out Kadabra, and Mew spammed Metronome on Alakazam until it died a bloody death. I then took on Viridian Gym, and Giovanni was pretty tough; it took a few Revives to pull through, as STAB Earthquake and Persian's Slash were OHKOing my mons.

Current team:
Lv. 38 ;151; no u
Lv. 38 ;051; Namco
Lv. 38 ;085; D*ldo
Lv. 38 ;106; Tim
Lv. 38 ;115; Kangst
Lv. 37 ;138; Lord Helix

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I now made it to Silph co.'s top floor when I had grabbed the free Lapras and I saw Giovanni with the company's president and we battled. I won the battle and received a Master ball.
- I went back down the company building and visited the Fighting Dojo when I had finished healing my team. I defeated the fighting type pokemon and I was given a Hitmonchan.
- I visited Saffron's gym next and began the task of teleporting around and I defeated trainers and soon I faced Sabrina. I used my Raichu and Gyarados to defeat her psychic types. ^^