• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Section mergers = new thread! Discuss what you're doing in the RBY/GSC games here.

If you have questions, please use the Help Thread sticky within this section. We also encourage that you put some effort into your posts, because one-liners like 'I beat the E4' are spammy and boring to read.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've started a new file on Crystal and chose the female character and named her Kris. I then awoke in my room in New Bark Town and headed downstairs. I gossiped with my mother next and she mentioned Professor Elm and she handed me the Pokegear. I walked around outside next, then I saw a mean red-haired boy spying on Elm's lab. Afterwards, I talked with Professor Elm and chose Cyndaquil as my Starter. Elm then got an e-mail and asked me to visit Mr. Pokemon. I got a Potion from Elm's assistant, then I walked towards Route 29 and I battled against wild Pokemon along the path for experience. I soon arrived in Cherrygrove City and I got a tour of the town from an old man and I got the Map Card thing.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I did a few things on my sister’s Yellow version. I completed the game for her a few years ago, but haven’t touched it since then. I looked at her party and then flew over to Indigo Plateau to go through the Elite Four again for fun. That was pretty simple, though I did have to use several Revives After the credits, I started back in Pallet Town and started walking around the region. I eventually reached Cerulean City and checked out my sister’s Pokedex there. I noticed that Mewtwo was not registered in it, so I guess that means I didn’t go through Cerulean Cave after finishing the main game years ago. Might do that if I play again soon.

Lorde

After exploring Cherrygrove City, I walked north to Route 30. I passed through the tall grass and sashayed into Mr. Pokemon's house and I spoke to him and Prof. Oak there. I snatched the Mystery Egg for Professor Elm, then I got a Pokedex from Prof. Oak. I went outside and got a panicked call from Professor Elm. I waked back to Cherrygrove City and I battled the red-haired kid and thrashed his Totodile by Route 29. Next I visited Professor Elm's Lab and gossiped with a police officer and I named the kid. Afterwards, I spoke to Professor Elm and handed him the Mystery Egg and went out. I returned to Route 29 and learned how to catch wild Pokemon, then I marched past Cherrygrove and back to Route 30.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I played my sister's Yellow again and entered Cerulean Cave. It had been a while since I last explored Yellow's version of the cave, so I had to do a little trial-and-error to figure out which way to go when faced with a fork in the road. I had to backtrack a few times when I chose the path that lead to to the next room instead of the path that lead to an item. Also, the levels of the Pokemon I had on me weren't that high, so even though I had a repel on I still encountered quite a few wild Pokemon.

Eventually, I made it to the end of the cave and battled Mewtwo. I chucked my Master Ball at it and caught it. Then, I used an Escape Rope to get out.

Lorde

So next I sashayed through Route 30 sagain and fought a few trainers on the road and I caught a wild Weedle and Spinarak for my collection. I then showed up at the entrance to Dark Cave and I caught a wild Geodude inside. I headed out of the cave after training, then I sprinted west toward Route 31. I battled a Bug Catcher and then I passed through the gatehouse that led to Violet City. I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center upon arrival and I visited the Poke Mart and shopped for items. I visited Earl's Pokemon Academy afterward and I went south to Route 32 as well. I caught a wild Bellsprout, Ekans, and Wooper and level grinded in the tall grass for a while before heading back to Violet City.

Last edited:

arceus03

Been replaying Crystal lately.

Almost finished though. My team are at L61 and tried to challenge Red. His Snorlax gave me trouble since I had no fighting Pokemon and he kept Resting throughout the whole battle. >.>
So I decided to grind at the E4 which is going to take... forever.

But then I remembered his Snorlax had Rest, Snore, Amnesia and Body Slam.

So I caught a Gastly, Exp Shared through a round of E4, got him to learn Mean Look and Curse, and...

Hi Snorlax. Meet my Haunter specifically raised to beat you. At 30 levels lower. Good thing the AI doesn't switch, and this is the 2nd Gen.

Yeah. The rest is history. His other Pokemon took 2 SE hits from my underleved team >.> Anywayyyyyy
And I'm done.

Lorde

After grinding, I dashed to the Ruins of Alph. I solved a puzzle there and then I wandered aimlessly around the inner chamber of the Ruins of Alph and I defeated wild Unown. I sashayed north to Route 36 next and caught a Growlithe and Ledyba, then I returned to Violet City. I healed my team and then I walked to the Sprout Tower. I battled against Sages inside and I soon arrived at the summit and I met my red-haired rival. I battled the oldest Sage and after beating him, I got the Flash HM from him. I left the Sprout Tower and saved.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Yesterday,I was looking for a Teddiursa in Dark Cave in Crystal.But instead,I bumped into a shiny Graveler.I worried it'd use Selfdestruct,so I decided to hit it only once with Red Gyarados' Bite.Fortunately,it worked,and I caught it in a Level Ball.
Today,I encountered Entei for the first time on Route 34.I threw my Master Ball at it and caught the Volcano Pokemon.Then,I saved the game.

Lorde

So I left the Sprout Tower and sashayed towards Dark Cave and level grinded for almost 40 minutes before returning to Violet City. After visiting the PC, I went to the Violet City Gym and I battled against the two Bird Keepers and their Flying-types inside and next I finally fought against Gym Leader Falkner. I used my Geodude against Falkner's Pidgey and I beat it with Rock Throw. Falkner used his Pidgeotto next and I used my Growlithe. I beat his Pidgeotto with Ember attacks, then I won the Zephyr Badge and Mud-Slap TM. I headed out of the Gym after my flawless victory and Elm called me. I then got the Mystery Egg from Professor Elm's assistant inside the PC and I headed out to heal my Pokemon afterwards and saved.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I'm replaying Blue beause one of my legit event mews was level 18, so figured I'd go through the game with it. I hope to finish training a team I can then save on my Stadium and Stadium 2 game so even if the cartridge batteries die, I still have my guys saved.

Currently dealing with Rocket at the game corner. Interesting thing...I skippped the electric gym and went from Misty's gym to Erika because mew was approaching level 30 fast and so got that level 50 badge and then dealt with Surge. Ugh, Misty's gym was a nightmare. I started with charmander and I traded in a magikarp from the last playthrough of Blue which I never raised that I got from the salesmen. It wasn't until I had it fight Gary's abra that I realized it wasn't listening. I didn't mind then, but during the gym battle it just was not helping I decided to box it and not evolve it like I wanted to. But yea, just having charmeleon deal with Misty...not good. Tried a bunch of different tactics, but once I could finish the staryu, the starmie was too defensive and dealt too much super effective damage. I finally unboxed the magikarp and kept starting battles with her until I could inflict a burn. Finally it happened and I just had her deal with my punk magikarp which withstood well, even the crits. I healed as I needed to and we won finally.

My team is charizard (who can fly 8) ) and mew so far. I don't really plan on using anything else until I can send in my other 'mons I want to finish training.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I decided to play my Blue version for a little while. I discovered that I last saved the game in Victory Road, where I was apparently training a Rattata that was around level 13-14. I figured I could continue training it until it evolved, so I started by defeating a few wild Pokemon in Victory Road. Once I did that and got Rattata up a level or two, I left the cave and flew over to Cerulean City. After healing my team and making a few changes to my party, I went over to Cerulean Cave and continued training in there. I defeated a bunch of wild Pokemon until Rattata reached level 20 and evolved into Raticate.

After that, I also had this Pidgey on my team so I trained it a bit. I got it to level 9 and might train it some more later on and get it to evolve.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Restarted Blue on the 19th and ended the 23rd! Not speedrun or anything and ya could have been faster, but I like how I can breeze through this game.

Anyway continuing to level my team to reach 100 and then max their stats. So far one of my mew are done as well as Shakita my jynx. Rest close to hitting 80.

Lorde

So now I left Violet City and sashayed toward Route 32 and dashed across the tall grass and fought some wild Pokemon and trainers to level up my darlings. I soon visited a Pokemon Center and snatched an Old Rod from a Fisherman, then I went outside and fished and caught a wild Magikarp and Tentacool in the sea. I snatched a Poison Barb from Frieda next and I entered Union Cave. As I walked through the tunnel, I caught a wild Sandshrew and thrashed some miscellaneous trainers as well, then I went south towards the exit. I arrived at Route 33 now and defeated some stray Hiker and caught a wild Spearow in the grass nearby. I headed west until I reached the Slowpoke Well and I saved once in Azalea Town.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I did some more training and a couple other things on my Blue today. First, I flew over to Fuchsia City and healed my team in the Pokemon Center there. Then, I headed out to the gate connecting to Route 15 and went to the second floor. There, I talked to one of Prof. Oak's aides and received the Exp. All.

After that, I went over to Indigo Plateau. I sold a couple of items I didn't need at the shop and then purchased some healing items as I didn't have that many. Then, I took on the Elite Four again. My team didn't do as well as it usually does as I had several of my team members faint and I had to use quite a few items. I still had the Pidgey I was training the other day on my team, which meant that my Lapras was in the PC, which made taking down certain Pokemon quite annoying. Anyway, I still managed to beat the E4 just fine and got Pidgey to evolve into Pidgeotto.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I have maxed my money in Blue from League training and still can't buy the bike in Cerulean. I figured as much, but always wanted to actually try. C'mon bike guy...you can't give me a 1 pokédollar discount? >.>

Lorde

So once I had pranced into Azalea Town, I quickly healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I went to Kurt's home and picked a White Apricorn in his yard and gossiped with him. He angrily went to the Slowpoke Well next to stop Team Rocket's Slowpoke scheme and I went after him as well after doing my shopping. Once I was at the Slowpoke Well, I battled against a few scattered Team Rocket grunts until I cleared out the cave and Team Rocket gave up their plan. I obtained a Lure Ball from Kurt afterwards and I dashed out next and I did some grinding inside of Union Cave. I returned to Azalea Town and I went to the Azalea Town Gym and fought Gym trainers there and then I saved the game afterwards.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got several new Pokemon on my Blue today. First, I went out to Route 22 in order to catch a NidoranM and a NidoranF. I found a female Nidoran right away and captured it (after several failed Ultra Balls ~_~), but didn't have much success finding a male one due to their low encounter rate. I got bored of searching there after a while, so I then decided to go try looking for one in the Safari Zone. Luckily, I found a NidoranM there pretty quickly and caught it.

Next, I flew to Pewter City and headed over to Mt. Moon. I went through the whole cave and caught a Zubat, Geodude, and Paras (all of whom gave me a hard time >_>). Once I reached the other side, I healed at the Pokemon Center in Cerulean and then returned to Cerulean Cave to train my NidoranM. I got it to evolve into Nidorino, then into Nidoking using a Moon Stone. After that, I encountered a wild Dodrio and caught it, too.

Lorde

So inside the Azalea Town Gym, I arrived at Bugsy's location and we fought. I used my Onix and Growlithe to thrash Bugsy's Metapod, Scyther, and Kakuna and I won the Hive Badge and the Fury Cutter TM. I left the Azalea Town Gym and I visited the PC and healed my darlings, then I battled my rival again outside. I soon dashed to the Ilex Forest and battled wild Pokemon and I met a kid who had lost his Farfetch'd. I had to corner the Farfetch'd and I obtained the Cut HM for helping. I cut down a tree and I went around the forest and I found the exit. I obtained the Sweet Scent TM from a girl at the gate and I arrived in Route 34. I battled a few trainers and I caught a Drowzee and Ditto, then I visited the Day Care next.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A few days ago, I got quite a few more Pokemon on my Blue. First, I found my Clefairy in the PC and evolved it using a Moon Stone. Then, I took out my Bellsprout and then went to several areas around the region to train it. I didn’t train it as much as I planned to, though, since I ended up catching a bunch of Pokemon instead.

First, in Rock Tunnel, I successfully captured a Machop. I then went over to Victory Road, where I managed to catch an Onix and a Venomoth. After that, I flew to Cerulean and started heading back to Cerulean Cave. I caught an Abra along the way to the cave, which was nice. Inside the cave, I managed to catch several evolved Pokemon: Golbat, Kadabra, Electrode, Rhydon, and Magneton. That Magneton was definitely the hardest catch. >_>
I saved after that. Next time, I will get my Bellsprout to evolve.