• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I got the Odd Egg at the Day Care and next I arrived in Goldenrod City and visited the Pokemon Center. I visited the Goldenrod Department Store as well and shopped, then I walked to the Bike Shop and got a Bicycle. I headed over to the Goldenrod Radio Tower and took a quiz and won the Radio Card as a prize and then I did some training on Route 34 and at the Ilex Forest, then I returned to Goldenrod City and fought trainers at the Goldenrod Tunnel and played at the Game Corner. I arrived at the Goldenrod City Gym next and I started thrashing all the Gym trainers. I was able to make it to Whitney's location, but I didn't challenge her yet since my team wasn't leveled enough. I went to Route 34 for more training.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I flew to Pewter City today and then went down to Route 2. Inside a house, I talked to someone and then traded the Abra I caught the other day to them in exchange for a Mr. Mime. Once that was done, I left and flew over to Cinnabar Island. I used my Super Rod and fished in the ocean until I reeled in a Goldeen. I captured it pretty easily and then started Surfing towards the Seafoam Islands. Once I reached the islands, I went inside the cave and searched for some wild Pokemon. I caught Seel, Staryu, and a Kingler as well. After that, I returned to Victory Road and trained there until my Bellsprout evolved into a Weepinbell. Finally, I went to Celadon City, where I purchased some evolution stones and used them to evolve my Weepinbell and Staryu.

Lorde

I now sashayed north to Goldenrod City after grinding at Route 34 and I stopped at the Pokemon Center and then went to the Goldenrod Gym again. I finally challenge Gym Leader Whitney and used Hoothoot against her Clefairy, but that battle was messy, so I switched to Quilava and I slayed Clefairy with it. I used Onix against Whitney's Miltank next, then I switched back to my Quilava and I won the battle with Flame Wheel. Next my good sis Whitney threw a temper tantrum and a Gym trainer had to soothe her before she gave me the Plain Badge. I also got the Attract TM from her before I left the Gym and I snatched the Squirtbottle at the Flower Shop and I healed my team and I saved before heading to Ecruteak.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A few days ago, I went to the Safari Zone to look for a Dratini. I started fishing in the first area and encountered several of them. I tossed Safari Balls at them non-stop, but they always broke out and then eventually ran from battle. ;_;
Once I had enough of that, I left and flew back to Cinnabar Island. I went fishing there and captured a Shellder pretty easily. After that, I went over to Lavender Town and entered the Pokemon Tower. I found a wild Gastly right away and caught it, too. Finally, I headed to Celadon City and bought a Water Stone, which I used to evolve the Shellder I caught into Cloyster.
Next time, I'll try to catch a Dratini again. I really don't want to have to buy one from the Game Corner.

Lorde

I left Goldenrod City and dashed north to the gatehouse at Route 35. I spoke with the guard there and snatched a Spearow from him that I had to deliver to his friend. As I walked north towards National Park, I fought several scattered trainers and I also battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass and I caught a wild Snubbull and an Aipom after using Headbutt on a tree. I soon arrived at the gatehouse that led into National Park and I entered said park and I obtained a Quick Claw from a woman nearby and I headed into the tall grass and fought against some ratchet trainers. I also trained my darlings whilst in the tall grass and caught a wild female and male Nidoran and Sunkern, then I marched to the other gate.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I flew to Fuchsia City and returned to the Safari Zone. I went over to the pond in the first area and started fishing to try to catch a Dratini. I encountered quite a few other Pokemon while fishing, which was annoying, but I fortunately found several Dratini as well. Just like last time, I had a difficult time catching a Dratini since they kept breaking out of my Safari Balls right away and frequently ran from battle.
But finally, when I was down to 7 Safari Balls, I managed to catch one! ^_^

With Dratini caught, I left the Safari Zone and then wandered out to Route 18. I fought a couple of wild Pokemon to get some experience for Dratini, then saved.

Lorde

I arrived at Route 36 next and caught Sudowoodo and snatched the Rock Smash TM, then I headed north toward Route 37 and caught a wild Stantler and sashayed into Ecruteak City. I saw Bill inside the PC and I healed my team, then I stepped out and purchased items at the Poke Mart. I got an Itemfinder in a home and I marched to the Burned Tower. I spoke with Eusine the Suicune stalker and Gym Leader Morty as well, then I saw my rival inside and I had to battle against him. Once he had lost, he left the Burned Tower and I stayed to battle some Firebreathers that were around. I headed down to the ground floor afterwards and the Legendary Beasts noticed me. They fled and I headed back outside and saved.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Headed for Celadon Gym in Red, after adding a fifth member to my team- .4. I was able to acquire .4 much earlier than I'd ordinarily dare to even try, and it took a ridiculously convoluted plan to be able to pull it off. But more about that in the Missingno./glitches thread. For now, let's just say it involved a level 77 Kadabra, keeping a Paras from evolving right away, and a lot of cloned items. Anyway, currently training up .4 to catch it up with the rest of the team. Here's that team so far;

.4 lv. 19
~Body Slam
~TM28
~Rock Slide
~TM05

Nidoking lv. 30
~Thrash
~Bubble Beam
~Poison Sting
~Body Slam

Parasect lv. 29
~Leech Life
~Cut
~Spore
~Dig

Missingno. lv. 29
~Body Slam
~Fly
~Rock Slide
~Teleport

Charmander lv. 29
~Ember
~Body Slam
~Dig
~Leer

As you can tell, the team is a work in progress. Still debating whether to teach Nidoking Ice Beam or to wait and see what I decide my sixth Pokémon will be. I might go for Magneton or something, I dunno. Keeping Charmander unevolved until it learns Slash and Flamethrower (Body Slam is pretty much a placeholder because it beats the hell out of friggin' Scratch), so it can get the good moves very early. Also kept Paras unevolved until level 27 to get Spore earlier, as that move was crucial in my aforementioned convoluted plan. .4's coming along nicely- that thing can take physical attacks like you wouldn't believe. Despite the Evade boosts from TM05, Geodude's Self-Destruct still hit, and it did so little! TM28's pretty much there for the cool factor until I can think of another move to teach it in its stead. Thus far, besides TM05, it's tried to learn Surf. But hell, no. Not with that horrific Special stat.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I finished my Poison-type run through of Silver. Currently I've begun a Flying-type runthrough. I have to capture a Heracross to turn my Yanma into something remotely viable. I'm thinking about a Detect, Reveral, Quick Attack-set.

I'm thinking about a Normal-type runthrough next, that or Dark.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've begun a new game on Blue version:

- I named my character Ash and my rival Gary after listening to prof. Oak's lecture and then I left my bedroom and was stopped by Oak when I approached Route 1. I went to his lab next.
- Oak let me and Gary choose starter pokemon and I chose Charmander and Gary chose Squirtle ha ha. We then tested our starters and I defeated Gary's. Oak sent us out and I went north.
- I battled pokemon as I walked to Viridian and Charmander leveled up. Soon I reached the city itself and visited the mart and grabbed Oak's parcel and visited the pokemon center. ^^

Big Pete

Pokemon Crystal: I'm in the midst of training up a team for Stadium 2. I didn't realise how tedious the breeding mechanics in Generation II were, specifically there are certain mechanics that prevent eligible Pokemon to breed at all. Fortunately after some research, I was able to breed a Male Skarmory with Drill Peck and a Male Larvitar. The plan is to train them outside of Mt Silver (with Suicune as my lead) and run through the Elite 4 until they're at the right levels.

Meanwhile, I've got to make considerations for the rest of my squad. At the moment, I've got a fully trained Heracross with a few spots left open.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Continuing on Blue:

- I left Viridian city and returned to Pallet town and gave the parcel to prof. Oak and I was given a Pokedex and Poke balls now. I went to Route 1 again and this time I caught a Pidgey.
- After training some more, I went back to Viridian city and spoke with an old man who showed me how to catch wild pokemon and then I visited homes and went north to Route 2 next.
- I caught a Rattata and visited the Viridian forest now and began walking through the trees while battling Bug Catchers and wild bug types as well, then I caught a Pikachu and saved.

Big Pete

Pokemon Crystal: Tyranitar (Lvl 55) and Skarmory (Lvl 50) have finally completed their training. As a fringe benefit of their efforts, I've also assembled a handy team to take on the Elite 4. In particular, my Lvl 64 Suicune can handle a fair chunk of the Elite 4 on it's own. My focus right now is to complete the move-sets of Tyranitar and Skarmory and train up my Forretress nine more levels so it can join them at Lvl 50.

When I'm finished, I'll raise a Jolteon before turning my attention to Pokemon Red so I can transfer a few Generation I exclusives to Generation II.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
After completing my first (out of twelve) random runs of Yellow, I've started on the second.

The way I picked my teams was to have one randomly chosen traditional starter, and five randoms to fill up the team. If I drew a critter that was already in a team (counting evolutions), I repeated this process, until there weren't enough pokémon left to fill a team. This gave me twelve unique teams with most of the pokémon in the game, as I excluded legendaries and pokémon that aren't available in Yellow (I think those are Ekans, Koffing, Meowth, Weedle, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, perhaps a few more). The unlucky two that were left over were Slowbro and Sandslash, which I decided were free to use as HM-users. I use Pikachu until I have caught the sixth member of the squad.

The first team was: Blastoise, Oddish, Abra, Krabby, Tangela and Eevee. But because it sucked so much, I just decided that evolving them was okay, and with that, the team looked a lot better and I decided to evolve Eevee into Jolteon as it's the most usable Eeveelution (if you already have Blastoise and Kingler), and you don't need Flareon to defeat Erika as Kadabra wrecked her with Psybeam. The team ended just shy of level 50 (one at 51, one at 50, lowest at 46), and despite having two Water-types and two Grass-types, there wasn't too much overlap. Blastoise was the usual all-out attacker, while Kingler had Double Team and Guillotine (with X-accuracy it hits 100%), while I gave Tangela a Body Slam/Rest/SD/Bind set, while Vileplume had Mega Drain, Acid, Bide and Sleep Powder. So usually I'd lead with Vileplume, set sleep, than either switch to either Tangela or Kingler depending on what I was facing, with Blastoise, Jolteon and Kadabra as clean-up.

My new team is:
- Blastoise
- Lickitung
- Victreebell
- Dugtrio
- Seaking
- Kangaskhan

From the getgo, I'm looking at Lickitung and Kangaskhan and I'm thinking to myself.. Why?! I don't think we get two Body Slam or three Earthquake TMs! Though I'm probably going for a SD/Screech/Wrap-combo for Lickitung with Paralysis support from something.. Somehow.. While Seaking is basically a slower HornDrill-variant of my previous Kingler. Victreebell a better, more offensive Vileplume obviously. Dugtrio is a great addition, HiCrit-Slash and Earthquake is awesome.

Though I got to be fair.. I freaked out when I saw where I could catch Lickitung: Cerulean Cave.. Ouch.. Should've thought about that.. But completely randomly, I came across a glitch-video on YouTube (when I was refreshing my mind on how to beat Brock with just Pikachu), about how you can get a lvl100 Gengar before fighting Brock, and then there was this video about how to get rare pokémon in Viridian Forest based of the Special-stat of a random wild pokémon.. And then the guy randomly got a Lickitung after fighting a wild lvl8 Spearow..

I mean I couldn't resist. So I copied the steps and now my team (pre-MtMoon) is a lvl19 Pikachu and a lvl10 Lickitung. Onwards to capture HM-1 and Bellsprout I'd say.

Edit: I guess I should edit this, because I did a major haul, and while my Pikachu didn't grow much, my Lickitung, Bellsprout, Sandslash (nicknamed Hmmmmmouse) and Diglett are all level 26 and I've saved in front of the S.s. Anne.

So I guess it's that time where I don't see the infamous truck, watch as the S.s. Anne sails away and beat Surge into a pulp and get Squirtle. After which I only need a Goldeen and Kangaskhan.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Continuing on my game:

- I finally left the Viridian forest once I had defeated all the trainers and I went through Route 2's last section and walked into Pewter city. I then visited the pokemon center next.
- I healed my team and went to the mart and bought Potions and stuff and I paid a visit to Pewter's museum. After I paid a fee, I saw the space exhibit including the space shuttle.
- I visited the Pewter city gym next and I defeated the trainer there and got to challenge Brock finally. I defeated his Onix and Geodude easily and won the Boulder badge.

Cutty

Forever now
I just downloaded my game Yellow version :D Used Cutty as a nick, went to see Prof Oak and got... a Pikachu
Ooh the nostalgia I love it. The game isnt that slow or bad. Its still fun to play.
I lost to Gary (Name I chose for my rival) on our first battle so I resetted again to win.
Now Im heading to Viridian City!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I downloaded all three games and have been playing Blue. I chose Squirtle as my starter and defeated my rival's Bulbasaur in battle. Then, I walked up to Viridian City and trained my Squirtle a little bit along the way. After picking up a parcel for Prof. Oak, I returned to Pallet Town, where I delivered the parcel and received the Pokedex in return.

Next, I bought some items in Viridian and then headed to the Viridian Forest. I walked around in the grass until I found a Pikachu, which I wanted to catch for my team. I weakened it down with Squirtle, who took a lot of damage from Pikachu's Thundershock. Fortunately, I only had to use one Poke Ball to catch the Pikachu.

I then fought a few wild Pokemon to get Pikachu levelled up a bit. Once it grew a few levels, I explored the rest of the forest and fought all the trainers. Soon after, I entered Pewter City and looked around for a while. I visited several places around town, including the museum, but didn't want to go to the Gym right then. Instead, I headed back to Viridian Forest and Route 22 to do some training. I captured several more Pokemon, such as Caterpie and the Nidorans, but I don't plan on using them on my team.

Current team:
;007; lv. 9
;025; lv. 9

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Playing Pokemon Blue for the first time in ages, on the 3DS.

iirc the first time I played Blue I went with Squirtle and caught both Nidoran, so I did the same in this run too.

Then went to the Viridian Forest, and the first Pokemon I find is a Pikachu. Good stuff.

Now to just grab a Paras and a Jigglypuff/Clefairy after Brock and be on my way.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I bought Yellow and named the trainer Ash and the rival Gary. Lost to Gary as I forgot to use the potion I had. Trained with Pikachu a bit before delivering the package.
Accidentally deleted Thundershock but didn't feel like redoing 30 mins of work.
We caught a Mankey, Nidoran M and F, Spearow(Which is going to be swapped for Farfetch'd), and Caterpie. All which are temporary members of the team.
I then grinded Caterpie into a Metapod and eventually, Butterfree. Now we're ready to face Brock.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I trained my Squirtle and Pikachu to level 10 and then defeated my rival on Route 22. After that, I returned to Pewter City and headed over to the Gym. I defeated the single Gym trainer and then challenged Brock. He wasn't too difficult for me as my Squirtle's Bubble easily took out Geodude and Onix.

After receiving my first badge, I healed at the Pewter Pokemon Center and then headed out to Route 3. I battled a few more trainers and eventually reached Mt. Moon. I went inside the cave for a little while until I encountered a wild Clefairy, the next member of my team. I weakened it down and then captured it.

Next, I did some training on Route 3 and the first section of Mt. Moon to get Clefairy levelled up a bit. Then, I started exploring the rest of the Mt. Moon cave. I battled some Team Rocket members and obtained the Helix Fossil. I also got Squirtle to evolve into Wartortle. Finally, I found the exit and arrived in Cerulean City shortly after.

Team:
;008; lv. 17
;025; lv. 16
;035; lv.17