• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Cutty

Forever now
I caught all local wild mons for Pokedex and trained female Nidoran to use in team. I named her Nindi.^^
And named my Pikachu Pikaz before. They're now respectively at level 12 and 14.
I passed the Viridian Forest n now at Pewter City. I walked around for some trips, visited houses n the museum n talked to characters.
I am now ready to challenge my first gym leader Brock! Its gonna be hard hence his type.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Downloaded Blue! ^^ It was my first ever Pokemon game so it seemed fitting. (Plus I lost my physical copy years ago so it's just nice to be able to play it again) I chose Squirtle. (My first ever starter) and beat Gary. then went to Viridian City and got Oak's Parcel, then the Pokedex, then went to the poke-mart and stocked up on pokeballs and anitidotes (Viridian Forest) caught a Spearow, a Nidoran (Female) a Caterpie (I like Butterfree, okay!?) and good ol' Pikachu (Definitely a permanent member of the team) Of course I'm a wiser trainer today than I was back in the Gen1 days so now I'm doing something that I never had the patience to do back then: grinding!

Zephraxe

I got myself Blue version the moment it was released at midnight. xD
So I started out with my personal favorite, Squirtle. I nicknamed it Hydraxius, after one of my roleplaying characters, a Blastoise. I did all of the little tasks required to move beyond Viridian City, but I really wanted a Nidoran(Male). After about 30 run ins with Nidoran(Female), I gave up and settled on catching on a female Nidoran, whom I named Saphyráh. I decided to stay in the area to train up both Hydraxius and Saphyráh to get them to Level 10 or above. This morning, while doing some training, I finally found a Nidoran(Male) and captured it. I nicknamed it Draxorov. Even though it was what I originally wanted, and it would not be very helpful having two Poison/Ground types in the future, I have grown attached to Saphyráh, so I shall keep both Nidorans. Draxorov is currently Level 6, so once he reaches Level 10, I shall move on to Viridian Forest.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I downloaded all three games and started with Red. I decided to do a Nuzlocke run first, I gave the name Zyon. I chose Squirtle as my starter and named it Marvin. I defeated my Rival John's Bulbasaur, went to Viridian City and got Prof. Oak's parcel at the PokeMart.

Going back to Pallet Town and delivered the parcel and received my Pokedex. I headed back to Viridian City and grabbed a few Pokeballs and went back to Route 1 and caught a Rattata and named it Maxie. On Route 22 I caught a Nidoran (M) and named it Neo, trained for a bit and went on to Route 2 and caught a Pidgey named it Ace. I entered Viridian Forest and thought my game was buggy cause I was running around the grass for at least two minutes and found no Pokemon. Just then a Pikachu appeared I caught it of course and named it Ray-Ray. I went back to Route 22 and did some more grinding.

;007; Marvin Lv. 9
;016; Ace Lv. 3
;019; Maxie Lv. 6
;025; Ray-Ray Lv. 8
;029; Neo Lv. 6

Grey Wind

Downloaded Yellow last night, started playing this morning. :D

Got my Pikachu and everything at the start (I didn't know about the facial expressions thing, it's adorable) and did the errand for Oak before starting my adventure properly. Captured a Ratata on route 2 before capturing a Pidgey and Caterpie in Viridian Forest. Caterpie proved fairly useless, but Ratata is decent and Pidgey is surprisingly strong. I realised I'd forgotten about Route 22 and back tracked to battle Gary and capture a female Nidoran... which again proved kinda weak.

When I got to Pewter City I didn't bother grinding and went straight to battle Brock. Without any type advantages and Pikachu's only damaging move having no effect it was pretty drawn out, but after a bunch of Tail Whips, Growls and Sand Attacks, Pidgey's Gust did the job. On to Mount Moon!

Team:
025.png
lv 9
016.png
lv 12
010.png
lv 5
019.png
lv 6
029.png
lv 8

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I have Pokemon Yellow, and I used Butterfree for the onslaught of Brocks team (used one Potion). I was thinking about using Mankey, but I didn't originally thought it gets it's first fighting move at Lv. 15. I was looking at the R/B level up; it learns Low Kick at Lv. 9. :/

Sponge

I'm playing Yellow right now. I'll probably get the original two eventually.

So far I'm going through Viridian Forest with:

;025; lv 7
;032; lv 8
;056; lv 8

I probably won't keep these guys, but they'll do for now.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started red this morning. Named my character Cj like always and named my rival Max. I got my fav starter squirtle, kicked Max's butt, got the pokedex, and caught a Rattata and a Nidoran male which will be my 2nd team member. Next ones will be pikachu, clafairy, growlith, and doduo. I was shocked to find a Nidoran female first on route 22. What are the odds I found the rarest pokemon on a route first XD

Aquarelle

Staff member
In Cerulean City, I healed at the Pokemon Center and stored some items in the PC. After talking to some people around town, I headed north, but got stopped by my rival and had to battle him again. His Pidgeotto was super annoying with Sand Attack, but other than that the fight wasn't too hard. Once that battle was over, I walked across the Nugget Bridge and battled the trainers on it.

Then, I fought a few trainers on the way to Bill's house before heading back to the grass near the Nugget Bridge. There, I searched for an Abra to catch. It took a while and I failed several times, but I finally caught one. Then, I used its Teleport to carry out the Mew Glitch and encounter Mew! I'm not planning on using the Mew on my team this time, but I always catch one during my RBY playthroughs, so I caught this one to continue that tradition.

After catching that Mew, I continued on my way to Bill's house. Once I got there, I helped Bill by running his separation something or other to get him back to normal, then received the SS Ticket from him as thanks. After that, I headed back to Cerulean.

Team:
;008; ;025; ;035;
all lv. 20

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally caught a Nidoran male. Didn't take as long as I thought to find one. After that I healed then I headed north. I caught a weedle, kakuna, and pikachu which is my third team member, I also beat all the trainers with mostly pikachu who leveled up really quickly (was lv 3) XD after that I beat the trainer in the pewter gym. Now i'm training squirtle to get it to lv 13.
Current team
Squirtle lv 11
Nidoran male lv 13
Pikachu lv 10

Last edited:

Drummerdude

I bought Blue and Yellow with the intention to buy Red on a separate 3DS. I started a save file on Blue and named myself Ash because that is what I always did as a kid. I also only chose Bulbasaur or Squirtle as a kid so I decided to use Charmander because I can't actually remember beating R/B with a Charizard. I beat Gary, retrieved the Parcel and got a Pokedex. I caught a Pidgey and a Ratatta because I am hoping to catch all 151 at some point. I battled Gary west of Viridian City, lost, leveled up Charmander, and then smacked him around a bit. Next I went to Viridian Forest and caught a Caterpie and spend about a hour training it to lv12 so it could be a beautiful Butterfree with Confusion. With that taken care of I headed to the Pewter Gym and challenged Brock. Charmander spammed Ember while Geodude continued to use Defense Curl up until it fainted. With Onix I used Ember (Did you know Brock has a Full Heal?) when it used Screech and switched to Growl during Bide. It wasn't too long until Onix fainted from Ember. I DIDN'T EVEN NEED THE STUPID BUTTERFLY THAT I WASTED A HOUR OF MY LIFE TRAINING!!!! I got the Boulder Badge and took a break.

;004; Lv14
;012; Lv12

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
I bought Pokemon Red today to relive my childhood. Crazy to think that pokemon has been with me for 20 years but anyways on to the game!! Red was the first pokemon game I had. My brother always had the opposite game. (I had Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, X .. He had Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White, Y .. the other ones we sort of shared between us)

So I started the game and relived the nostalgia of hearing the music. Went to the grass and got pulled to the Lab by Oak and chose .. who else but Charmander as my starter. Named him Zippo (like Richie's from the Anime)
Using the potion I managed to beat my rivals Squirtle. I grabbed Oaks Parcel and got my PokeDex. Making my way up to Pewter City I beat everything that stood in my way and trained for a while just outside the city.
After Charmander grew to 16 he evolved into Charmeleon.

Brock stood no chance and the first badge was mine! Travelling towards Mt Moon I carried on beating the trainers and in the grass just outside I met another companion. A level 3 Jigglypuff. She is now called Scribbler. (Thanks to the "awesome" naming skills of my fiance .. LOL!!)
So now I am grinding up Scribbler to be about the same level as Zippo before carrying on my journey. Probably going to wait a while to evolve her unless there is a Body Slam TM (I cant remember atm)

Team

;005; - Zippo - Level 19
;039; - Scribbler - Level 5

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Brock really easily with just squirtle at lv 13. After doing that I made my way to route 3 and beat all of the trainers on that route, Nidoran also evolved into nidorino. Yay for first evolution not being squirtle =) finally I caught a jiggly puff and went into mt moon where I caught a zubat, paras, and geodude. I just need clefairy which will be my 4th team member. Current team
Squirtle lv 13
Nidorino lv 16
Pikachu lv 13

Grey Wind

I started (slowly) making my way through Mt. Moon. The amount of trainers and the fact I had no Repels made it slow going, but I eventually made it to the end, took the Dome Fossil and battled Jessie and James. Also caught a Sandshrew along the way. When I made it out the other end I immediately went to Cerulean City to get my Bulbasaur. New team member get. I then went to train for the gym on the Nugget Bridge, where I defeated Gary without much trouble and battled the rest of the trainers to get the nugget. Managed to evolve Nidoran and Bulbasaur too.

Misty was easier than I thought she'd be, Pikachu and Ivysaur made quick of her two Pokemon. Bill next, and then on to Vermillion!

Team:
025.png
lv 18
002.png
lv 16
016.png
lv 16
030.png
lv 16
027.png
lv 12
019.png
lv 6

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I left the Pewter city gym once Brock had awarded me the Boulder badge and I visited the pokemon center and I went to Route 3 next and began the task of beating trainers.
- I continued walking toward Mt Moon while leveling up my pokemon and soon I had reached the pokemon center and I bought a Magikarp from the salesman inside and went out.
- I finally went into Mt Moon itself and I caught a Geodude and Zubat and I defeated several trainers also, but the cave was confusing and I eventually got lost a few times hee hee. ^^;

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally caught a clefairy. Luckily they are slightly more common in the basement although not much more. I also decided to evolve it once it gets metronome which will take awhile. I finished beating the trainers in Mt moon and got to cerulean city.
Current team
Wartortle lv 16
Nidorino lv 16
Pikachu lv 16
Clefairy lv 16

Cutty

Forever now
I finally managed to defeat Brock and his apprentice in the Rock gym. Thankfully, my Nindi, female Nidoran can learn Double Kick at level 13. I defeated his Geodude w/ Nindi. Then sent out Pikaz (Pikachu) to lower his Onix defense w/ Tail Whip and sent out Nindi again. Double Kick finished the job. Boulder Badge got!
I cleared the trainers on the way to Mt Moon cave. Restored my team's health, trained them a bit, caught a few more wild pokemon, restored my pokemon again, before entering the cave. (I didn't buy the Magikarp btw.
I caught a few more wild pokemon in the cave, Zubat (Named It Batzeba) for my team), Clefairy, Geodude and Paras (named it Pi for team as well). Picked some items and fought trainers a long the way especially Team Rocket.
I finally decided to take the Helix Fossil before battling Jesse&James. Went out the cave, past route 4, tried to speed up cuz my Pikachu got poisoned (but of course that impossible), and, Pikaz inevitably fainted before Cerulean City :(

Cutty's current team after Nugget Bridge:
;025; Pikaz Lv. 21
;030; Nindi Lv. 19
;041; Batzeba Lv. 16
;046; Pi Lv. 15

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I continued going through Mt Moon until I ran into Team rocket grunts which I now had to beat. After doing that, I saw two fossil laying in the ground and some guy battled me.
- Once I had won, I picked up the Dome fossil and I reached the exit of the cave finally and breathed fresh air at Route 4 ha ha. I quickly set off toward Cerulean city and I shopped. :3
- I visited the pokemon center as well and I went to the Cerulean gym and I began by defeating Misty's protegees and then I fought her and defeated her water types and won the badge.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just got Cut from the seascick captain from the S.S. Anne. I used up an Ether, so could make room for the HM. I really dislike this item system.

I think I will find a team and beat Lt. Surge tomorrow. I feel that it will be too cheap with Nidoking, so I may focus on other Pokemon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I battled Misty at the Cerulean City Gym. My Pikachu took out her Staryu easily, then paralyzed Starmie. I then switched to my Clefairy since Pikachu took a lot of damage from Bubblebeam. Clefairy was able to defeat Starmie after spamming Double Slap.

After winning my Cascade Badge, I went over to a house that had been robbed. I beat up a Team Rocket member and received the stolen Dig TM from him. Next, I went down to Route 5 and took the underground path connecting to Route 6. I arrived in Vermilion City soon after and started looking around. I obtained the Old Rod and Bike Voucher before heading into Diglett's Cave for a sec. In there, I captured a Diglett and added it to my team.

Next, I trained my Diglett for a little while against the trainers on Routes 6 and 11. I also went back to Cerulean briefly in order to exchange my voucher for a Bike at the bicycle shop. Once that was done, I returned to Vermilion and walked down the pier and boarded the SS Anne. On the ship, I went inside every cabin and explored every level in order to find all the items and battle all the trainers on board.

Eventually, I encountered my rival again and had to fight him. I dealt with his entire team without too much trouble and then continued into the captain's room. I got the Cut HM there and then got off the ship. The SS Anne sailed away and I headed back to Diglett's Cave. I went through the entire cave this time and reached the other side of Route 2, where I explored and got the Flash HM.

Finally, I returned to Vermilion.

Team:
;008; ;025; ;035; ;050;
all level 24