• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Didn't have much time to do a lot yesterday. I started in Lavender Town but didn't feel like doing anything there yet, so I quickly headed over to Celadon City. From there, I continued on to Route 16. I visited a house on that route and got the Fly HM, then started looking for Pokemon in the tall grass. My first encounter was a Doduo, which I started to weaken since it was going to be my next team member. It was kind of annoying to catch as it broke out of several balls, but I finally got it when I used a Great Ball.

With Doduo caught, I started heading back to Lavender Town. I battled a few wild Pokemon along the way and even captured a Meowth for Pokedex purposes. Once I arrived back in Lavender, I saved. Next time, I'll finish checking out all the houses around Lavender Town.

Team:
;008; ;025; ;036; ;051; ;084;
Lv. 22-29

Butta

Feels good to be playing gen 1 again. Chose red because I had blue and yellow as a kid. Playing through with squirtle this time around. Currently training for Brock. Can someone trade me a run of the mill bellsprout though?? FC: 5257 9967 8858

Team: I'm a notorious over trainer lol
Warturtle lv16
Nidorino lv16
Pikachu lv13

Crobat_Curse

So after battling the trainers and countless Raticates on cycling road, I've finally managed to get Magmar and Exeggcute caught up with the rest of the team. I was originally holding off evolving Exeggcute for Sleep Powder at level 48, but it had no STAB whatosever (resisting Psychic for now so I can clone the TM, and it can't even learn Mega Drain), so I relented and just used the Leaf Stone. Hypnosis will have to suffice. I also caught a Poliwhirl using the Super Road and traded it for Jynx, who will round off my team in this playthrough. Thankfully, she was much easier to train due to the boosted EXP. I'm currently in Fuchsia City now, and intend to explore the Safari Zone a little before taking on Koga.

Team:
008MS.png
[34] - Ice Beam, Mega Punch, Bite, Water Gun
053MS.png
[34] - Bite, Screech, Thunderbolt, Bubblebeam
095MS.png
[34] - Dig, Screech, Bind, Rock Slide
126MS.png
[34] - Ember, Double-Edge, Submission, Mega Kick
103MS.png
[34] - Mega Drain, Reflect, Hypnosis, Stomp
124MS.png
[34] - Ice Punch, Mega Punch, Lovely Kiss, Mega Kick

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I visited the Vermilion pokemon center and then I got an Old Rod inside of a nearby home and I went to the harbor and climbed on the SS Anne ship and began exploring the rooms there.
- I visited the ship's deck and kitchen and defeated many trainers and soon I saw my rival and he challenged me before I could reach the captain's room. When I had won, I got the Cut Hm.
- After visiting the captain's room, I went back to Vermilion city and I visited the gym after cutting down the tree in front and I started the defeat the gym's trainers and solve the puzzle.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I checked out all of the houses in Lavender Town and talked to some people before heading to Route 8 to do some training with Doduo. Then, I headed back to Celadon City and started exploring. I got the free Eevee from the mansion and then entered the department store. I bought some items there and obtained some TMs.

One thing I bought at the department store was a Thunderstone, which I used to evolve my Pikachu into Raichu. I also got an extra drink from the vending machines, so I went over to the gate leading to Saffron and gave the drink to the guard.

Next, I obtained the Coin Case and then went over to the Game Corner. I got some coins and played the slots for a little while, but didn't win any more coins. After I was done with that, I battled a Rocket and then entered the Team Rocket hideout. I made my way through all the floors and battled a ton of Team Rocket members, mostly using Doduo to get it caught up in levels with the rest of my team.

Eventually, I made it to Giovanni. I battled him and took his team down using Wartortle and Clefable. I got the Silph Scope after that battle.

Team:
;008; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;084;
Lv. 28-30

Last edited:

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Barely any progress in-game, but I thought I should share a major accomplishment in real life related to these games.

I've known about Pokemon since it released in the Americas in 98. I was only 4 then, but I didn't start playing until GS in 2000 when I was 6. Here I am now, 15 years later, passing all my knowledge onto my 6-year-old nephew. Of course, I'm only up to Cerulean in Yellow right now, but it was fair enough to teach him our ways. Of course, I had to really dumb down the premise of the games for him so he knew what to do, and it was mostly me repeating that he press A. However, he was more into talking to the female NPCs for some strange reason (age 6, and he's already a little player haha), while I showed him how to fight other Pokemon. He got to meet a few Pokemon, and it seems he's taking a liking to Gyarados (it's not stupid strong yet, but he liked that Gyarados could OHKO everything by this point in the game). So I taught him somewhat how to battle, and he got to see my Charmander evolve, but because he's still pretty young, he doesn't quite understand the fundamentals just yet, or what evolution is and how it works. At the very least, he seems to like the games, but time will tell if he'll follow in my footsteps and become a trainer himself.

I think for any Pokemon trainer, it's amazing to see yourself eventually pass your knowledge onto the younger generations in your family, in hopes that they follow in your footsteps. My sister got me into it, now I'm getting my nephew into it; and hopefully Pokemon will still be somewhat relevant by the time I have children, so my nephew or I/my future spouse can pass their knowledge onto them :)

This was on my current Yellow file too. He didn't go too far, so I wouldn't lose any of the important things that still need to be done around Cerulean, but my team did level up a bit:

;025; Jupiter - 16
;021; Ruffles - 18
;012; Libra - 19
;130; Lagiacrus - 20
;001; Lisianthus - 12
;005; Brutus - 16

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally evolved my ekans. After that I caught a ghastly. I also got the good and super rod so I was able to catch a goldeen, poliwag, krabby, and a tentacool. I forgot to mention I caught snorlax. It took a long time >.> next I will beat all of the trainers on silence bridge
Current team
Wartortle lv 30
Nidoking lv 30
Raichu 32
Clefable lv 32
Arcanine lv 30
Dodrio lv 31

Aquarelle

Staff member
After clearing the Team Rocket hideout, I returned to Lavender Town and headed into the Pokemon Tower. On the second floor, I ran into my rival again and defeated him pretty easily. I then began climbing up the rest of the tower, battling many Ghost type Pokemon along the way. I caught a Gastly and a Cubone, too.

Near the top, I encountered the ghost Marowak and took it out with Wartortle. Then, I defeated several Rocket grunts before finding Mr. Fuji. Back at his house, he gave me the Poke Flute to wake up sleeping Pokemon. I then left and returned to Celadon.

I went to the Celadon Gym next. My Doduo evolved into Dodrio while battling the Gym trainers. Then, I took on Erika and swept her team with Dodrio.

Team:
;008; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085;
Lv. 30-32

Butta

After beating Brock the squad and I made our way through Mt. moon taking out everyone inside. Rockets, hikers, lasses, super nerds, bug catchers? No one was spared. I'm catching every Pokemon that I can for the dex so it pained me to see a level 5 jigglypuff in Red/Blue only knows sing. But when I made it through Mt. moon I made it my priority to catch an Ekans to wrap up an Abra. But even after catching one and leveling it up to 15, Ekans was still being out speeded by level 10 Abras. What a waste lol. But I ended up catching an Abra by chucking poke balls at it first turn, and ended up catching 2, both level 12. Caught. A mew. And now it's time to catch some z's

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Even more baby-step progress around Cerulean.

-Helped Bill out of his Rattata body (It's Clefairy in RGB, but Rattata in Yellow). Couldn't help but d'aww at Jupiter's every reaction. Even after I got the SS Ticket, he was still just as shocked about the whole ordeal.
-I went back to Cerulean and noticed Jenny had moved outta the way of the burgled house. I fought the Grunt with the Dig TM and made my way over to catch Abra. Put him to sleep and caught him in a single try with a Pokeball.
-Moment of truth: Mew Glitch (of course, I saved before making all the magic happen). It took me a few tries to actually open the menu on the exact moment I was standing within eyeshot of the Jr Trainer, but it was well worth the shot. Fought the Slowpoke trainer as instructed, and BOOM! A textbox appeared instead of the usual menu, "With your ability, you could become top leader of TEAM ROCKET", (which was the Nugget Bridge Grunt's post-battle saying) but that didn't affect my chances to catch Mew. Paralyzed him, then used Butterfree's Supersonic to make it hit itself, rather than attacking it myself. Caught this Mew and named her Eileithyia (goddess of childbirth).
-I decided to try the 2nd method to catch Mew (with the Cerulean gym swimmer), and it worked. So now I have an extra Mew to save for a rainy day... ._.
-Currently getting everyone to lvl 20 before fighting Misty. It won't be long now:

;025; Jupiter - 17
;130; Lagiacrus - 20
;021; Ruffles - 18
;151; Eileithyia - 18
;002; Lisianthus - 16
;005; Brutus - 16

Last edited:

Flamer

Started Yellow over the weekend. Never played any of the first gen games, but was very into the anime at the time so following in Ash's footsteps with a Pikachu in tow should be a nice nostalgia trip.

Picked up my Pikachu from Proffessor Oak and did the whole trip to Viridian, pick up the package, get the Pokedex thing. Won my initial battle with Gary. Forgot what an idiot he is, (and also what poor parenting skills Prof Oak has..)

Then made my way up through Viridian Forest. Ran into a lv8 Pidgey, so caught that, and battled all the bug catchers.

By the time I got to Pewter City Pidgey was lv10 and Pikachu was lv9, so I headed over to the grass patch just outside the city and trained them a bit. Caught a male Nidoran there to bulk up the team a little too. Then entered Pewter Gym and beat the trainer before Brock. Sacrificed Nidoran to reduce his Diglett's defenses with a series of Leers. Then switched in Pidgey who was able to sweep it with a couple of Gusts. Pidgey also took down Sandshrew with the help of a well timed Potion. Didn't have so much luck against Brock. Used the same tactic by getting Nidoran to whittle down Geodude's defenses, but it landed a critical hit on Pidgey before I had the chance to use a Potion and with only Pikachu left I was dead in the water.

After the defeat I took my team back to the grass area outside the city to train them up further before returning the next day. This time I led with Pikachu, although Geodude landed two critical hits in a row so I didn't get in as many Tail Whips as I would have liked. It was enough for Pidgey to take Geodude down though. Then switched to Nidoran after Brock sent out Onix and reduced its defenses with a few Leers. Brock took a very long time to take down Nidoran, so made use of that to heal Pidgey with a Potion. By the time Nidoran fainted Onix's defense were sufficently lowered for Pidgey to do some damage with Gust. Was a very close run thing though. Had to rely on a couple of critical hits to get the job done.

Haven't had a battle that close in game for a long long time. Really good fun, and the whole adventure felt very reminiscent of Ash's encounter with Brock in the anime.

With Brock defeated I made my way up towards Mt.Moon. Had to turn back half way to return to the Pokemon Center in Pewter after I ran out of Potions, but made it in the end. Accidentally made Pikachu forget Thunderbolt when teaching it Quick Attack though, which has really hampered its offensive capabilities and imagine is gonna come back to bite me big time when I go to face Misty. Should be an interesting battle...

Current team:
;025; Piki - lv13
;016; Woody - lv14
;032; Bowser - lv14

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally finished battling all of the trainers on route 14 and 15. Man there are so many and the bird keepers are really boring, mostly they have just pidgey and spearows. 1 had 3 pidgey and 2 spearows XD next I will be getting surf and the gold teeth in the safari zone and I will also try and catch some stuff there as well as try to catch a seaking in Fuchsia.
Current team
Blastoise lv 36
Nidoking lv 33
Raichu lv 34
Clefable lv 33
Arcanine lv 33
Dodrio lv 34

Last edited:

Crobat_Curse

Since the last update, I've managed to take on the Safari Zone, and later defeat Koga. I was pretty underleveled, but Onix still managed to make quick work of the entirety of the gym. I also surfed to Cinnabar temporarily to perform the item duplication glitch, mostly so I could spruce up the team's movepools a little with multiples of the same TM. I've now returned to Fuchsia, and intend to continue east before heading to Saffron.

Team:
009MS.png
Brodie [36] - Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Body Slam
053MS.png
Curie [36] - Body Slam, Screech, Thunderbolt, Bubblebeam
095MS.png
Cole [36] - Dig, Toxic, Bind, Rock Slide
126MS.png
Redford [36] - Ember, Body Slam, Psychic, Hyper Beam
103MS.png
Twandi [36] - Psychic, Mega Drain, Hypnosis, Stomp
124MS.png
Lola [36] - Ice Punch, Psychic, Lovely Kiss, Body Slam

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got through the safari zone and got surf and the gold teeth which I traded in for strength. I also caught an exeggcute. I found a chansey, kangaskan, and venomoth but they all ran >.> I did catch a seaking though. Finally I beat the trainers south of Fuchsia, caught a shellder, horsea, and staryu, and I beat the black belts in the saffron dojo and got my hitmonchan. Next I will be going through silph co.
Current team
Blastoise lv 36
Nidoking lv 33
Raichu lv 35
Clefable lv 33
Arcanine lv 33
Dodrio lv 36

Last edited:

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
used the glitch to get mew along with getting eevee in celadon and evolving it into jolteon; two more members (with charmeleon and gloom) who make up "the chosen six". now im in celadon to take on erika and the team rocket HQ.

team
charmeleon lv 29
mew lv 20
dugtrio lv27
gloom lv27
jolteon lv 28

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm trying to catch a Tauros in the Safari Zone and learned that encountering Chansey can make your PokeBalls miss. Luckily I caught one somehow but who would put something like that in a video game? Even in the 1990's it's a bit unacceptable programming that stuff in imo (along with a few other gripes I have). After I catch a Tauros, I'm going to the Fuchsia City gym. My current team is:

• Charmeleon | level 28
• Beedrill | level 28
• Fearow | level 27
• Gyarados | level 27
• Kadabra | level 23
• Haunter | level 27

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished challenging the Vermilion city gym's trainers and solved Lt Surge's electric puzzle and I battled him next. I defeated his electric types using Nidorino mostly and won the badge.
- After getting my third gym badge, I simply headed back to the pokemon center and I went to Route 11 next and paid a visit to Diglett's Cave which took me back to the Route 2 area.
- I grabbed the Flash Hm there and proceeded back to Vermilion city and I went through the underground path once again. I was back in Cerulean city and I ventured toward Route 9.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did quite a lot after winning at the Celadon Gym. First, I headed towards Cycling Road and woke up the Snorlax blocking the way using my Poke Flute. I battled the Snorlax and captured it after weakening it down with my Raichu. Next, I cruised down Cycling Road and eventually reached Fuchsia City.

In Fuchsia, I headed straight to the Safari Zone. I entered the safari game three or so times as I had a lot of exploring to do. I went to every area and obtained a bunch of items, including the Gold Teeth and the Surf HM. I encountered some wild Pokemon, too, and managed to catch a few such as Rhyhorn and Venomoth. My favourite capture, though, was my final team member, Exeggcute! It was pretty hard getting one - I found several Exeggcute before the one I caught, but they all ran away from me.

After I was finished with the Safari Zone, I got the Strength HM in exchange for the Gold Teeth and then decided to go to the Fuchsia Gym. I battled the Gym trainers, who were a little annoying since my team hadn't seen much training since Celadon, then challenged Koga to a battle. Koga wasn't too bad and I took down his team with my Dugtrio. His Weezing blew itself up with Selfdestruct while I was using Dig, which was awesome.

With the Fuchsia Gym badge, I taught Surf to my Wartortle and then flew to Pallet Town. From there, I Surfed to Cinnabar and then flew back to Viridian. Then, I tried out something I never tried on my cartridge copies of the game - the Missingno. glitch! I really wanted to try it out this time, so I did and had lots of fun finding glitchy and high levelled Pokemon along the Cinnabar coast. I nearly got owned by a level 164ish Ponyta. And I duplicated some useful items too~

Finally, I trained for a little while to level Exeggcute up. Then, I bought a Leaf Stone in Celadon and used it to get Exeggutor.

Team:
;008; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 31-34

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally beat all of the rocket grunts and scientists in silph co. Man there are so many XD also I got the earthquake tm which I taught to nidoking who is now a beast
Moveset:
Strength
Rock slide
Submission
Earthquake
After that I caught a venonat and a ditto although I had to get the terrible message of my box was full first DX luckily it didn't take very long to find another ditto and it wasn't hard to catch either. Next time I will be beating the trainers in Fuchsia gym.
Current team
Blastoise lv 36
Nidoking lv 36
Raichu lv 39
Clefable lv 36
Arcanine lv 36
Dodrio lv 40

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back in Fuchsia City, I got the Good Rod and then went fishing. I found a Poliwag and tried catching it for my Pokedex. It was pretty frustrating catching it, as it broke out of all my remaining Poke Balls. Finally caught it in a Great Ball, then went to the Mary to stock up on Ultra Balls.

Next, I returned to the Safari Zone to explore a little more now that I could use Surf. I then returned to the Cinnabar coast and Surfed along it to encounter Safari Zone Pokemon in normal battles and catch them that way since I'm cheap like that. Anyway, I caught several new Pokemon, including Pinsir, Tauros, and Chansey.

After that, I went back to Cycling Road in order to battle all the trainers there since I skipped them earlier. Once I defeated them all, I moved on to the million routes between Fuchsia and Lavender. I evolved Wartortle into Blastoise and got about halfway to Lavender Town before stopping for the day.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 35-36