• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
I resumed my progress, traveled over to cerulean city and defeated misty. Battled my rival and obtained a charmander I named salzar. I stumbled into bills house and changed him back into a person and received the ticket for the SS Ann. I made my way over to the next town and realized I needed a Pokemon for HM 1, I didn't want to teach it to my newly evolved charmander so I headed back and obtained Bulbasaur and nicknamed him Frank. I defeated Lt. Surge and I am now on my way to the next town.

Pikachu 22
One Punch 21
Salzar 23
Jurassic 23

Grey Wind

After defeating Surge I headed through Diglett's Cave to get Flash, and then looped back around to Cerulean. Took a while to get to Rock Tunnel with the amount of trainers beforehand, but I eventually got there and made it through fairly easily. Thought I could get the Super Rod once I made it to Lavender Town but Snorlax had other ideas, so I headed over to Celadon City.

Snorlax stopped me again from getting a Pokemon I wanted (Ponyta), so I decided to go with Vulpix as my Fire-type instead. Grinding for coins didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, and once I got Vulpix and headed back towards Lavender Town to get it on par with the rest of my team.

Team:
025.png
lv 28
002.png
lv 26
017.png
lv 27
031.png
lv 26
037.png
lv 21
027.png
lv 12

Chimchar15

I finally started playing red version and picked Charmander. Then caught a male Nidoran and leveled both Pokemon a bit before facing Blue on route 22. I lost and leveled up my Nidoran a bit more and beat him after a rematch. Now I'm currently searching for a Pikachu in the Viridian Forest which is taking a bit longer than expected.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I beat erika gaining the rainbowbadge, and beat giovanni in the team rocket HQ, then i liberated the pokemon tower from team rocket, captured both of the snorlaxes, and got the super rod to fish up a poliwag to act as my water team member for now. now to train it up to speed on the cycling road and then to fuschia.

team:
poliwag lv15
charmeleon lv 34
mew lv 32
dugtrio lv 29
jolteon lv 28
gloom lv 29

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I used Cut to snap a little tree at the Route 9 path and next I defeated a motley of trainers in the mountain terrain and I made it to the river that led toward the Power Plant. :D
- I healed my team at a convenient pokemon center that was nearby and I went to the Rock Tunnel now and made it all the way through without getting lost this time hee hee.
- I made it to Lavender and I visited the Pokemon Tower except I couldn't even climb it. I instead went west toward Saffron city and I beat trainers near the underground path.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I continued training along the routes connecting Fuchsia City and Lavender Town. I spent most of my time walking up the Silence Bridge on Route 12 and fighting the Fishermen and other trainers there. I also defeated the other Snorlax with my Exeggutor and obtained the Super Rod.

Once I reached Lavender Town, I healed at the Pokemon Center and then flew to Cerulean. From there, I walked back over to Route 10 and Surfed down to the Power Plant. I went inside and started to explore the whole place. I found several useful items and defeated some Voltorb and Electrode that were disguised as items. Also, I encountered some regular wild Pokemon and captured a Magnemite and Magneton.

At the very end, I found Zapdos and battled it. My Raichu paralyzed it and lowered its HP as much as possible. Then, I started chucking Ultra Balls at it and managed to catch it on only my third one. Once that was done, I left and flew to Saffron.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 36-38

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Played quite a lot of catch-up:

- Leveled everyone up to 20 for the gym battle with Misty. It was super easy by first paralyzing Staryu with T-Wave, then maximizing Jupiter's evasion with Double Team. Nothing could touch it, not even Starmie. A couple T-Shocks and I won the Cascade Badge.
- Made my way to Vermillion, finally! I fought my way through the entire cruise line to get to Fartknock - I mean Jace, and make quick work of his team with mostly Brutus. As I was receiving the HM01 from the seasick Captain for helping him, I ended up running out of room for HM01 (I had forgotten how annoying a full bag can be), so I had to discard something, then ask again for it.
- I had also forgotten how annoying the trash can switches in Vermillion were, with that 25% chance of getting the correct adjacent switch. I got to Surge and recreated the anime battle with Jupiter, but it was the same deal here like in Cerulean, with T-wave and max Evasion. Raichu couldn't even touch him! And a couple Mega Punches did the trick.
- Got the final starter from Jenny, Squirtle. Named him Donatello and quickly brought him up to speed with the rest of my team. He evolved before reaching Rock Tunnel.
- I made sure to get Flash beforehand...but my Cut candidates were odd. Like seriously, Rattata can't learn Cut in Gen1, but Diglett can (I know he can learn Slash, but it still boggles my mind). Just....wut? ._.
-Left off in Rock Tunnel, and lemme just say: the darkness in Rock Tunnel is creepy on the way in. Also, to avoid a full bag message, I recommend storing unused TMs and Ethers in your PC.

;025; Jupiter - lvl 25
;002; Lisianthus - lvl 24
;005; Brutus - lvl 24
;008; Donatello - lvl 23
;151; Eileithyia - lvl 24
;063; Balthasar - lvl 7 (temporary for Flash)

Cellfaction

-Went to Fuschia City to battle Koga, I had an uncommn fight, because he only dedicate to use X-Attacks on his pokemon and finally, my Fearow used fly and his Weezing used Selfdestruct and I won.

-Went to the Power Plant expecting to caught a Magnemite, got 3 encounters (2 Voltorbs) but the third one was a Magneton and caught it.

-I returned to Pallet Town and head to Cinnabar Island, time to made the item encounter glitch, to clone some TMS, Carbos, Calcium, Protein and HP Up

-Finally I discovered that battling Missingno gives you 2696 exp points in every battle so now I'm having battles with him to level up my Pokémon.

My team is:;003; ;022; ;034; ;082; ;059; ;130; all of them at Lv. 40.

Grey Wind

After I trained Vulpix a bit, I headed back towards Celadon and took on the gym. Erika was pretty easy, Vulpix and Pidgeotto made quick work of her Pokemon. Once I had the badge, I went straight to the Rocket Hideout and started clearing it out. Giovanni was also very easy, with his first two Ground types falling to Ivysaur and Persian being defeated by Nidoqueen's Double Kick.

Since I FINALLY had the Silph Scope I went back to Lavender Town through Saffron City so I could pick up the Psychic TM. Took a while to get to the top of Pokemon Tower with the million Gastly's I had to battle, but it became easier once I taught Vulpix Dig and captured my own Gastly to teach Psychic to. I wasn't planning on using Gastly since I won't be able to get Gengar, but I think I might keep it around anyway, it's fun to use. After I defeated Marowak (thanks Ivysaur), I used the Poke Flute to wake the Snorlax on Route 12 so I could get the Super Rod and went to get my final team member, Poliwag. Apparently the only place I can get it with this rod is Route 22, so I flew back to Viridian and eventually caught a high-ish leveled one. I then went back to Celadon to get some TMs and begin training Poliwag.

Team:
025.png
lv 30
017.png
lv 29
002.png
lv 29
037.png
lv 29
093.png
lv 28
060.png
lv 15

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just got the Cinnabar key after going through Pokemon Mansion. The item system in this game is pretty stupid. I used up Great Balls, Ultra Balls, HP Healers, and Vitamins just to get all the items it the Pokemon Mansion.
I ran out of space in my own PC, so now I am going to use up items I can keep more important items such as TMs, which may be helpful when Pokemon Sun and Moon release.

I also evolved my Vulpix into Ninetales since it gained Fire Spin as the last level-up move.

I haven't finished the Silph Co. building, which I am going to train up weaker Pokemon.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Koga really easy yesterday. Only bad thing was his weezing used self destruct and killed raichu >.> after that I tried to catch some more pokemon in the safari zone. I managed to catch parasect and rhyhorn but I gave up. I realllllllly hate the safari zone DX I'll try again after I beat the game. Instead I beat the trainers in saffron gym and beat Sabrina easily with just clefable. After that I went to the power plant, got all the items, taught thunder to clefable, caught a magnamite, magnaton, electrode, electabuzz, and by some strange luck I caught zapdos in just 2 ultra balls after paralyzing it and weakening it o_O. finally I started making my way to seafoam islands.
Current team
Blastoise lv 40
Nidoking lv 40
Raichu lv 43
Clefable lv 40
Arcanine lv 40
Dodrio lv 43

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I entered the underground path as a detour under Saffron and I soon made it to Celadon city and I visited the department store and did some shopping inside and bought stones.
- I visited the Celadon mansion as well and got Eevee, plus the Game Corner once I had received a Coin Case at the restaurant, then I visited the Celadon gym which I now challenged.
- Using mostly Pidgeotto and Vulpix I defeated each trainer's grass types and I got to fight Erika last and I defeated her team pretty easily and I won the Rainbow badge and left the gym.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
Today I began a new adventure in the original game. I downloaded all three Gen 1 Pokemon games and decided to start Pokemon Red while my BF is playing Pokemon blue. I will play Yellow at a later date. This is because out of the three, Yellow was the most recent one I played and the only one I got to play all the way through, thanks to my evil sister in law throwing my Red version away when I was a kid along with my grape Gameboy Color. Anyway....I decided to name myself Red and chose Charmander. I've never chosen the default color name before. I lost to Blue, who I named Green and from there we went on to battle other Pokemon. I caught a Spearow first, then a male Nidoran, then a Rattata, Pidgey, Weedle, and Kakuna. Now I'm watching my BF enjoy Blue version, but next when I start up, it'll be grinding before I challenge Brock for the Boulder Badge.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have now beaten the Silph Co. building, and I took a detour to the Power Plant to capture Zapdos (I didn't bother to gather the items/fake items). I used Sand-Attack and Growl many times with Flareon, paralyzed it with Pikachu, and finally take most of its health out with Ninetales, I caught it with these DVs.

HP/Att/Def/Spd/Spe

8/13/6/12/14

Butta

Nostalgia to the max. Ended up grinding everyone up to level 26 to take down misty. I'm addicted to overtraining. Goota love it. Deposited Mew because I only caught it to check out the glitch. Then on route 5 I caught an oddish, why I don't know but I ended up keeping it. Route 6 did some more grinding because Surges raichus on level 24 so my guys have to at least be on 29. Forgot all about the SS Anne and headed straight to digletts cave. Caught both diglett and dugtrio pretty quickly. But ended up training everyone to level 30. About to hit the SS Anne now
Warturtle 32
Nidorino 30
Pikachu 30
Gloom 30
Dugtrio 30

Aquarelle

Staff member
I started looking around Saffron City today. I went to nearly every building that wasn't blocked by Team Rocket and eventually ended up in the Fighting Dojo. There, I battled several Blackbelt trainers and defeated all of their Fighting type Pokemon with my Dodrio. Then, I got to choose between getting a Hitmonlee or a Hitmonchan, and ended up going with Hitmonlee.

Next, I healed and then went into the Silph Co. building. There was so much to do, so I was in the building for quite a long time. I started by looking for the Card Key first, which took a little longer than expected as I'd forgotten what floor it was on at first. Once I found it, I took the elevator to the top floor and began working my way down. Along the way, I searched for every item on the ground and fought every Rocket member.

Eventually, I ran into my rival once again and had to have another battle with him. Most of my team members participated in the battle and defeated his Pokemon pretty easily. Then, I talked to a nearby NPC and obtained Lapras. After that, I continued to the board room, where I had to fight Giovanni. I took him down using Blastoise and Exeggutor and got Team Rocket to leave the building.

With Team Rocket taken care of, I received a Master Ball from the Silph president and then headed back outside. I healed at the Pokemon Center again and saved.

Team:
;009; ;026; ;036; ;051; ;085; ;103;
Lv. 39-40

Sprinter1988

Well, a part of me was against the idea of purchasing these games again as I already have physical copies of all three first gen games, but after putting each one into my gameboy color, I realised that they no longer keep their save files and so I caved in and purchased Yellow version.

After confirming my name with Professor Oak, the game started in my bedroom. After taking the free potion out of the PC in my room, I went downstairs to talk to my mother. She told me that Professor Oak was next door looking for me. However when I went next door the only person there was my rival's very kind sister who told me my rival had gone to the Professor's lab. I went there only to find that the Professor was not there either. So I went to leave town and, surprise surprise, the very man I was looking for appears out of nowhere and saves me from a wild Pikachu. Somehow he captures it in a pokeball without even lowering its health - I think he must have used a cheat code!

At Professor Oak's insistence I followed him to his lab where we met his Grandson, Gary, who was quite rude and immediately began complaining about having to wait around. Professor Oak told the little git to wait and then turned back to me and asked if I would like to take possession of the pokeball left on his table. I agreed and went to take it but Gary shoved me out of the way and took the pokeball for himself. Oak told him off but in the end let him get away with it and instead gave me the Pikachu he had just saved me from. Gary then had the nerve to challenge me to a battle! I didn't need to worry though. Gary's pokemon was an Eevee and Pikachu's first Thundershock managed to paralyse it. From there two more zaps took Eevee down while all it did in return was Tail Whip.

After the battle, Gary stormed off in an huff and Pikachu decided that he didn't want to stay inside his pokeball and would instead follow me around. I went north on Route 1 towards Viridian City and on the way I battled many Pidgey and Rattata. In Viridian City I visited the Mart and the guy behind the counter asked me to deliver a parcel to Oak, so back I went again! My effort was rewarded with a Pokedex! Gary turned up and got one too and then he told me he was going to get a Town Map from his sister and he would tell her not to let me have one. He went off laughing, but the joke was on him as his sister was more than happy to give me a map.

I went back to Viridian City and purchased some pokeballs before heading west to Route 22. Almost immediately I encountered a Mankey and caught it. I tried catching a male Nidoran, but I could only find them at level 2 and they kept fainting so in the end I caught a level 4 female. Remembering that a rival battle laid ahead I retreated to Viridian City to heal up and then went to Viridian Forest where I caught a Caterpie. I then began the arduous process of grinding the entire team up to a decent level. During this, I happened across a wild Pidgeotto at level nine. Its ferocious Gust attack made small work of my three newest team mates, but in the end Pikachu came through with a Thunder Wave. One pokeball later and Pidgeotto was mine!

After a trip back to the city to heal, I returned to the forest once more to grind by entire team some more, getting everyone to level 10. I then went back to Route 22 to face Gary in battle. The stupid idiot had only added a Spearow to his team and Pikachu made short work of that thing. He then sent in his Eevee so I sent in Mankey, who delivered a couple of Low Kicks to end the battle. Then I went back to Viridian Forest and took on all five trainers before finally making my way into Pewter City with my entire team at level 12. After exploring the city, including the science museum, I took on Brock's gym. Mankey was made to destroy heavy rock types and soon I have my hands on the Boulder Badge. Brock also gave me the TM for Bide, which I will not be using ever!

Grey Wind

I realised that since I captured Haunter I now have three Poison types and will end up with a fourth Psychic weakness once Poliwag fully evolves, so I took Nidoqueen off my team and temporarily replaced it with Pidgeotto. I then headed down cycling road, battling the trainers to train up Poliwag along the way. By the time I reached Fuchsia City, it had evolved into Poliwhirl.

I eventually decided on Rhyhorn for my last spot, so I went to the Safari Zone to capture one. Took a while (stupid rock/bait mechanics), but I captured one after a while and got the Surf HM. I then explored the routes between Fuchsia and Lavender to train my Pokemon for the gym (Ivysaur evolved along the way), and then went to battle Koga. Turns out I was waaaay under leveled. Pikachu was my strongest at 34, and Koga's weakest was ten levels higher. I still managed to scrape a win in the end; Vulpix and Rhyhorn took care of the Venonat without much difficulty, and Venusaur's Leech Seed helped Pikachu knock out Venomoth after it took out the rest of my team. Soul Badge get. I think I'll explore some water routes now that I have Surf, but Saffron, Silph Co. and Sabrina are next on the agenda story wise.

Team:
025.png
lv 35
003.png
lv 33
037.png
lv 33
093.png
lv 33
061.png
lv 33
111.png
lv 32

Zephraxe

After playing Blue Version all week, I collect all the gym badges and beat the E4 and Champion in one go. I'll give a few of the highlights of my journey through Kanto.

1. I captured Zapdos with a Great Ball, which was pretty... Great.

2. I captured Moltres with a couple Pokéballs with surprising ease.

3. I spent three days training a Lv. 15 Dratini to Lv. 55 so it could evolve into Dragonite.

4. I swept through both the Fighting and Ghost/Poison E4's teams with only Alakazam's Psychic.

5. And finally, just over an hour ago, I paralyzed Mewtwo without damaging him, and threw a single Pokéball, capturing him. Whoever said you needed the Master Ball for him? xD

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
i wnet to the safari zone, and caught a rhyhorn, another of "the chosen six", as well as catching a bunch of other random pokemon cause wynaut. got the surf HM and strenght HM, and beat koga, earning the soulbadge. next, i will stray off the patha bit to the power plant and the fighting dojo before heading to silph and clearing out team rocket.

team:
rhyhorn lv 28
mew lv 35
charizard lv 37
jolteon lv31
poliwrath lv 28
gloom lv 30