• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I just got a little bit of training done. I went to several places around the central part of Kanto - the routes beside Vermilion, the one in between Lavender and Saffron, as well as the Fighting Dojo - and battled some of the trainers I'd skipped earlier. I used Articuno and Moltres in these battles since I hadn't used them as much as Zapdos in battle. By the time I finished training for today, all three of my birds were level 51 IIRC. I also made some more money, which will be useful for preparing for the league.

Next time, I'll probably fight a few more trainers and then see how many healing items I can afford.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Since I last posted I got my 1st gym badge (only using Charmander, it can be done) and I cleared Route 3. I had also caught a Kakuna and evolved my Weedle twice into a Beedrill.

Current team:
004.png
016.png

Next time I get the chance, I will go through Mt. Moon (Hopefully evolving Charmander and Pidgey in the process) and catch an Ekans in Route 4 for my Living Dex.

Current Progress: 5/150

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some more training today. This time, I focused on fighting trainers on Cycling Road and on some of the routes between Fuchsia and Lavender. I was able to get all three legendary birds to level 52.

After that, I went through my TMs and ended up using a couple on Nidoking and Zapdos. Then, I went to buy some healing items with the money I made from trainer battles. I spent nearly all of it, mainly on Revives and Full Heals (fortunately, I already had some Hyper Potions in my bag, along with some other items I'd found throughout the game).

I think I have enough items now, so next time I think I'll try the league.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Well since I was now at the Viridian Forest, I took my time and went searching for a wild Pikachu even knowing how rare they are hee hee. I soon spotted one and caught it successfully.
- I defeated trainers and countless Weedles and Caterpies as well, then I arrived just south of Pewter city. I did some shopping when I was in the city itself and got a tour of the place too. ^^
- When I had visited the museum and all the homes, I stopped by the Pewter gym to challenge Brock. I faced him and won pretty fast with Bulbasaur and got the Boulder badge as well.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
So because I am not able to trade/transfer any Pokemon, I have to spread my Living Dex Quest among 7 games (3 Red, 3 Blue, 1 Yellow). The reason I have more than one Red/Blue versions is so I can get different forms of the starters' evolutions and an extra Eevee.

Anyway, here are my teams and progress for each game:

Red 1:
005.png
017.png
(Made it to Cerulean City)
Red 2:
001.png
(Battled Blue)
Red 3:
007.png
(Battled Blue, not continuing)
Blue 1:
008.png
(Made it to Cerulean City)
Blue 2:
004.png
(Battled Blue, not continuing)
Blue 3:
001.png
(Made it to Viridian City)
Yellow:
025.png
129.png
029.png
032.png
(Made it to Mt. Moon)

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 4

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I fought the Elite Four at the Pokemon League. The battles turned out to be much easier than expected. The toughest fight was definitely Lorelei as I lost Moltres after it was frozen by Jynx's Ice Punch and Zapdos fainted to a Blizzard from Lapras. I had to use a couple of Revives & Hyper Potions after that battle. The remaining battles, however, went very smoothly for me and I didn't have to use any more healing items IIRC. My Articuno was surprisingly useful as its Ice move really came in handy (as did the BubbleBeam I taught it lol).

So the main part of the game is done now. Next, I want to get Mewtwo, then I'll eventually transfer some Pokemon to my Sun.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I made a little more progress with my living dex and I am going to focus more on my Yellow game for the remainder of this project. I have made it to Vermilion City at the time of writing this.

Current Yellow Team:
025.png
030.png
033.png
043.png
048.png

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So Brock had been defeated and I could now leave Pewter city hee hee. As I made my way through Route 3, I saw so many trainers. I had to battle them all however for the experience. :3
- When I was finished defeating the mass of trainers at Route 3's path, I went to the Pokemon Center building that was located by Mt Moon. I healed my Pokemon and went in the cave.
- I didn't enjoy exploring Mt Moon's interior cuz it's always such a hassle ha ha. I stumbled around until I saw a Team Rocket grunt and next I had to defeat several more Rocket grunts too.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I made more progress on my living dex (Dugtrio was a pain to find and catch). At the time of writing this I have just defeated Lt. Surge. I plan to going back to my Red and Blue games once I reach Celadon City in Yellow

Current Yellow Team:
025.png
033.png
048.png
044.png
051.png

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went to catch Mewtwo today. So, I flew to Cerulean City and made my way to Cerulean Cave. It'd been a while since I'd gone through Yellow's version of the cave, but getting through it wasn't too bad (aside from the one time I went backwards by mistake when I wasn't paying attention). I encountered several wild Pokemon (despite using repel, since my legendary bird lead was low levelled), mostly things like Golbat and Gloom, and defeated them with Zapdos and Articuno. After a while, though, I got annoyed by the encounters, so I switched my Nidoking to the front.

I also picked up a bunch of items while exploring, including some pretty good ones like Max Revives and Rare Candies. Eventually, I reached the end and found Mewtwo. I fought it and caught it in my Master Ball, which I was saving for this battle. Once it was caught, I left the cave quickly by using an Escape Rope I made sure to buy in advance.

Next time, I'll probably start preparing Pokemon to transfer.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished crossing most of Mt Moon's cave and saw two fossil close to the end, tho some odd guy challenged me for them hee hee. When I won, I grabbed the Dome fossil and left.
- Outside at Route 4 just west of Cerulean city, I defeated a few trainers and now I visited Cerulean's Pokemon Center and healed my team, which was sadly weak at this point in time.
- I did some quick level up training after shopping and visiting homes, then I went to challenge the Cerulean gym, which was kind of easy thanks to Ivysaur. I soon defeated Misty. ^^

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Made more progress on my living dex. Reached Celadon City and I am planning on defeating Erika, Team Rocket, buy a Thunderstone so I can evolve Eevee into Jolteon, and then do some gambling so I can buy Wigglytuff. Before I do that, I am going to go to my Red game and play the story until I reach Celadon City so I can get the gift Eevee and evolve it into Flareon. In my Blue game, I am going to catch 2 Meowths (one will evolve into Persian), 1 Bellsprout, 2 Vulpix (one will evolve into Ninetales), and the gift Eevee which I am going to evolve into Vaporeon.

Current Yellow Team:
025.png
048.png
051.png
044.png
133.png

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I started getting ready to transfer Pokemon from Yellow to Sun. I want my legendary birds and Mewtwo to have certain Natures once they're transferred, so I spent my time today trying to get my birds' experience to a number corresponding to the right Nature. I started with Moltres and fought some Pokemon on the early routes. Moltres reached a good experience total after several battles and I then put Zapdos in front. Zapdos took longer, which was a little annoying, but I got its exp. to where I needed it eventually. Finally, I did the same with Articuno.

Next time, I just need to work on Mewtwo's experience. Then, I'll transfer the four legendaries and my Nidoking.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Didn't play much within the past couple of days but I switched back to my Blue game and made it to the SS Anne. I caught 2 Meowths, kept 1 on my team which I am going to evolve into Persian and then go on from there.

Current Blue Team:
008.png
052.png

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- With Misty's gym now cleared, I left with the Cascade badge in hand and healed my team and did some extra shopping as well, then when I walked north my charming rival showed up. ^^
- He challenged me again and I kicked his butt hee hee, then I walked along the Nugget Bridge place while defeating trainers. I reached the end and battled a Team Rocket grunt and won.
- I walked toward Bill's cottage by the sea and when I was inside, I helped him with his experiment and was given a ticket for the S.S. Anne. I now set my sights on visiting Vermilion city.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took my Mewtwo out of the PC and had it fight some Pokemon until its experience reached a number corresponding to the Nature I wanted it to have on my Sun. Fortunately, that didn't take too long.

Next, I went through my PC to make sure everything was in order for the transfer to Sun. I made sure my legendaries and Nidoking were stored. Also, I decided to keep a few other Pokemon in the box with them, including my starter Pikachu and a Tauros. I filled my party with Pokemon I didn't want to transfer, mainly stuff like Pidgey and Rattata.

Finally, I sent my Pokemon to my Sun via the Poke Transporter & Bank.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I went back through Cerulean city next and exchanged Pokemon before walking through Route 5, which was a short path. I used the Underground Path to go under Saffron city now. :]
- I resurfaced at Route 6 and did some battling before reaching Vermilion city. When I arrived, I got a few items and shopped as well. I visited the harbor next and saw the S.S. Anne ship.
- I climbed aboard the S.S. Anne and visited the cabins, the kitchen and the ship's deck as well, then I met my rival again and he arrogantly challenged me. He of course lost hee hee. ^^;

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I thought about putting together a playthrough team for GSC when they eventually come out on 3DS.

I've never used a full team in those games, only their remakes. When I had the originals I just used my starter.

Aquarelle

Staff member
With everything I wanted to do on my current Yellow save file now complete, I went back to Blue for a little while yesterday. I was still in Cerulean Cave from my last training session, so I decided to stay there and continue levelling up my team. My Dugtrio was in the front slot, so I ended up battling wild Pokemon with it until it reached level 79. Then, I switched my level 77 Clefable to the front and trained until it levelled up, which didn't take too long. Next, I trained each of my remaining team members a bit, then really focused on Exeggutor. Wasn't able to get it to level up, though, IIRC. Now that my Pokemon are up in the late 70s, it takes so much experience to reach the next level...

Might train some more next time depending on time. Hopefully, I'll be able to get one of my Pokemon to level 80.
Or, I might restart Yellow or even Red instead, if I have a team in mind for one of those versions.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So when my rival had lost to me on the S.S. Anne, I visited the ship's captain's quarters and saw that he was ill with seasickness. He soon got over it and handed me the Cut Hm item.
- I left the S.S. Anne vessel now and saw it sail away, then back in Vermilion city I went to exchange Pokemon and trained at Route 11 and then visited the Vermilion gym building. ^^
- I had to settle Lt Surge's gym now cuz I needed my third gym badge, but finding the switches in the trash cans was tedious work. Soon I defeated the trainers tho and faced Lt Surge.