• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Flew back to Viridian City tonight. I didn't feel like exploring the Seafoam Islands yet, so I decided to get the last Gym out of the way.

Inside the Gym, the first thing I did was fight all of the Gym trainers. I used my Tentacruel, Wigglytuff, and Venusaur in these battles, letting each of them defeat several Pokemon.

Then, I did the Giovanni fight. I ended up just using Tentacruel - its Surf wiped through Giovanni's entire team pretty easily.

Team:
003.png
012.png
040.png
073.png
076.png
135.png

Lv. 44-45

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally caught a Miltank today! So glad that's over with. Back on with the shiny Koffing hunt. Wish it would shine. It's taking forever. Same goes with the Silver version shiny starter hunt.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Red, I tried doing some more things at the Game Corner without too much luck. I then decided to grind more at Cerulean Cave and I got Gyarados to Lv 60. I switched onto Kadabra and I've levelled it up to Lv 54.

In Yellow, I battled Blue at Route 22 and I defeated him there so later on my rival will evolve his Eevee into Jolteon. I then went on to Viridian Forest to battle another Bug Catcher with two Caterpies. After some grinding with Nidoran♂, I got it to Lv 6. I would definitely like to play more Yellow sometime later.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Still working on my shiny Koffing hunt. A bit frustrated though as my system's paint has been flaking off. -_- Dang heat and humidity. Did a bit of flaking off on the lid as well. Which is a pain, since I haven't been playing as often due to the peeling. Applied some clear nail polish to the affected parts to see if it will help to stop it. Did some soft resetting on Silver version too.

Silent_Jay

Restarted Crystal a while back and used the glitch to get all 3 starters. At this point I have two badges and now I am returning to Azalea Forest after backtracking to Dark Cave for the Dunspace swarm. I have seen 40 Pokemon and own 23. Bill has just called me to say I have filled up the first storage box on the PC and need to switch (even though I haven't met him in-game yet and don't have his number!?).

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Got Gold on Virtual Console today. Started with Totodile, beat my rival, who I named Gary, and caught a Sentret, which I named Trent. Now I’m going to get a Pidgey. Her name is Tika. Currently in Violet Gym.

Pokemon Power

I'm having a bit of trouble in Yellow. I'm at the champion battle, only four of my Pokemon are at full HP, another one is at half HP, and my last is completely knocked out. The worst part is I have used the last of my Full Restores and Revives to ensure this, so now I don't have any.
EDIT: Took about ten to fiftieth tries, but I finally did it! And with my starter Pikachu delivering the final blow!

Last edited:

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I hatched a shiny Horsea in [VC] Gold after only 4 eggs. Luckily the Shiny Gyrados I caught was male. Pretty little purpley Horsea is so beautiful, I can't wait to evolve her all the way and stuff her in a PC box. I love manipulating shiny values, Totodile is likely next if I decide to do more. Well, that and I still have to capture the dogs.
(Though for reference, I had it at 1/128, the max rate you can have for a Gen 2 shiny is 1/64. I'm apprehensive my next attempt won't be as lucky since this one went so well though, heh.)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have gotten Crystal on the Virtual Console. Currently I have beaten Falkner, thanks to Geodude he was a piece of cake. My team is Cyndaquil, Pidgey, Geodude and Wooper. Until a good fifth team member shows up, there will be a space for Togepi and Zubat to gain affection

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally finished up a shiny Koffing hunt recently in Crystal version (caught one and named it Toxi), so now onto doing some random training before moving on to the next area.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So far gotten my sixth badge. In Goldenrod, I decided to SR for an interesting shiny of the Odd Egg. I ended up getting Tyrogue, who evolved into Hitmonchan

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Did a bit of soft reset work for a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver version last night, might do a bit more of it tonight.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I started up a new game in Pokémon Crystal last week. I just defeated Morty. I basically wiped out Morty's team with just Golbat. I kept using bite. I just made it to Olivine City and that's where I left off. So far my team is consisting of the following: Quilava, Chinchou, Kadabra, Golbat, and Eevee. I've been raising Golbats happiness so he evolves into Crobat. Hopefully soon my Eevee evolves into Umbreon!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Finally gotten through Team Rocket, now I'm going to try and get Suicune. I have my whole team now-Quilava, Quagsire, Pidgeotto, shiny Odd Egg Hitmonchan, Espeon, Magneton. Magneton is the best so far

Reactions: mkn

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm getting ready to take on the Elite 4! I've been grinding like crazy! I like my team a lot.

Typhlosion - My Typhlosion is really good! Not only is he a great Fire type, but I taught him Thunder Punch, so he has coverage against Water type Pokémon.

Lanturn - I've always loved Lanturn's dual Electric/Water typing. Lanturn can be a tank! Lanturn is by far one of my most favorite Pokémon to use in Gen 2 playthroughs.

Ursaring - Ursaring is really good when you know how to use him! He can learn all three of the elemental punches. I taught him Ice Punch and Earthquake.

Crobat - Crobat is so much fun to use. If you have the patience to get a Crobat he's a great Pokémon to have. Crobat is very fast, and he can be a offensive powerhouse.

Umbreon - Right after I beat Morty my Eevee evolved into Umbreon lol. Anyways, Umbreon is nice to have. Especially when taking on Morty. Umbreon can deal with Psychic types as well. Not only that, but Umbreon is such a cool looking Pokémon! His design is great!

Alakazam - I threw on Shadow Ball early on and it definitely helps against other Psychic types. Alakazam is definitely worth having. Especially when he knows Psychic. It can be a very powerful Pokémon.

Anyways, here we go! Elite 4 here I come!

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Started a new game on VC Crystal, chose Cyndaquil. Currently en route to meet Mr. Pokémon.

Team:
Burner/Cyndaquil

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Met Mr. Pokémon as well as the famous Prof. Oak. Obtained both a Pokédex and a Mystery Egg in the process. Headed for Elm’s lab, on the way I ran into a stranger and a stolen Totodile. Kid called himself “blood”, what a loser.

Dropped off the Egg at Elm’s, he told me I should pursue the League. Showed my new Cyndaquil to mom; told her I love her and that I’m going to be the very best, like no one ever was. Left New Bark in pursuit to earn my 1st badge.

Caught a Phanpy on 46. Did a bit of grinding on the way to Violet City. Currently at the top of Sprout Tower, about to spam Ember and rekk the remaining Sages.

Team:
Burner/Cyndaquil
Elephat/Phanpy

My naming is a little lackluster, atm.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I got to Celadon City in my VC of Blue. I’m currently battling trainers to level up and caught some Pokémon. I caught a Meowth, a Doduo, and a Sandshrew.