• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

-Togepi (Bugs) (Must always know metronome)
-totodile (Jaws) (evolve the first time by soloing sprout tower, evolve the second time by soloing Morty and another trainer in his gym)
-Odd egg (Must be shiny)
-Sandshrew (Digdig) (You have to teach it Fury Cutter via TM after beating Bugsy and can't forget it either. To evolve, it must chain at least 5 Fury Cutters against 3 trainers, beating them. Its moveset for the E4 must be Dig, Fury Cutter, Slash and Cut.)
-Eevee (Sunring) (Must evolve into Umbreon when it learns Bite at Level 30. Must be male.)
-Growlithe (Arcana)She must be caught before fighting Falkner (I believe that is possible in Crystal if memory serves, a patch of grass was added above the ruins of alph) and solo Bugsy. If you can't catch her before, ignore those restrictions. It must evolve when you get your fire stone.)

Now on to Yellow!!

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

I'm looking to restart Crystal after successfully finishing a scramble challenge with a team of Meganium, Granbull, Magneton, Weezing, Suicune and Xatu. I enjoyed that playthrough thoroughly and so I would like to begin a new scramble challenge. My minimum requirements are as follows:

- No Pokemon from my last Crystal team listed above are permitted.
- I will definitely be using a Cyndaquil on my team as my starter, but I would still welcome some evolution and moveset based restrictions for it.
- No nicknames.
- No trading between other games.
- Good type coverage with as few type overlaps as possible.
- I want a Surfer and a Flyer.

I will update this post with your team suggestions, and now I look forward to hearing them!

• Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion [Blazing Charmander (me!)]: Cannot evolve into Quilava until it KO'es 5 trainers' Pokemon with Quick Attack (learns at Lv 19). To evolve into Typhlosion, I must flip a coin. Heads = evolve at Lv 38. Tails = evolve when it learns Swift at Lv 42. It must never forget Quick Attack and Swift. [Swoobat]
  • Spinarak - Ariados: Must be the first Pokemon I catch. Can only learn one TM (great advice about teaching it Sludge Bomb by the way). [muffinz]
  • Chinchou - Lanturn: Has to be captured in New Bark Town. [Drummerdude]
  • Miltank: Must learn Surf, and she has to use Rollout before any other move in a battle. That will make for an interesting challenge. [cantab]
  • Hoothoot - Noctowl: Can only evolve after solo'ing Whitney's Miltank, and must solo Chuck's Poliwrath in order to learn HM02 Fly. [Winter02]
  • Sandshrew - Sandslash: [SilverMorty]

Edit on 08/02/2013 - All team members are go! Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

Last edited:

muffinz

oh nooooooooo
Blazing Charmander, have a Spinarak. It must be the absolute first Pokèmon you catch. It may evolve whenever, but it may only learn one TM move, ever. I'd recommend waiting for Sludge Bomb, but it's up to you.

cantab

Blazing Charmander, your Surfer can be Rockout the Miltank. In battle it must always use Rollout before any other moves.

EDIT: Even though you have a Chinchou, Rockout must still know Surf!

Kalosian

So long
Blazing Charmander, take a Hoothoot which can evolve after soloing Whitneys Miltank. It must then solo Chuck's Poliwrath before it may learn Fly.

rabidepicgoose, take a Doduo which must evolve on Cinnabar Island.

Last edited:

Swoobat

Blazing Charmander, your Cyndaquil cannot evolve until it KOes 5 trainers' Pokémon using Quick Attack, which it can never forget (It learns it at Lv 19). To evolve into Typhlosion, flip a coin, if it heads, it can evolve as soon as it gets to lv 38. If it tails, it cannot evolve until it learns Swift (lv 42), which it can never forget, and you have the 8 badges.

rabidepicgoose, for your Yellow challenge, take the Squirtle you're given, and name it Tortuga. To evolve into Wartortle, it must defeat two Pokémon in Erika's Gym, and to become a Blastoise, it must KO 5 trainer's Pokémon using Skull Bash, which it can never forget.

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

I'm looking to restart Crystal after successfully finishing a scramble challenge with a team of Meganium, Granbull, Magneton, Weezing, Suicune and Xatu. I enjoyed that playthrough thoroughly and so I would like to begin a new scramble challenge. My minimum requirements are as follows:

- No Pokemon from my last Crystal team listed above are permitted.
- I will definitely be using a Cyndaquil on my team as my starter, but I would still welcome some evolution and moveset based restrictions for it.
- No nicknames.
- No trading between other games.
- Good type coverage with as few type overlaps as possible.
- I want a Surfer and a Flyer.

I will update this post with your team suggestions, and now I look forward to hearing them!

• Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion [Blazing Charmander (me!)]: Cannot evolve into Quilava until it KO'es 5 trainers' Pokemon with Quick Attack (learns at Lv 19). To evolve into Typhlosion, I must flip a coin. Heads = evolve at Lv 38. Tails = evolve when it learns Swift at Lv 42. It must never forget Quick Attack and Swift.
  • Spinarak - Ariados: Must be the first Pokemon I catch. Can only learn one TM (great advice about teaching it Sludge Bomb by the way). [muffinz]
  • Chinchou - Lanturn: Has to be captured in New Bark Town. [Drummerdude]
  • Miltank: Must learn Surf, and she has to use Rollout before any other move in a battle. That will make for an interesting challenge. [cantab]
  • Hoothoot - Noctowl: Can only evolve after solo'ing Whitney's Miltank, and must solo Chuck's Poliwrath in order to learn HM02 Fly. [Winter02]
  • -

ONE MORE TO GO GUYS! I've struck through the Surfer/Flyer requirement as I now have both on my team.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Looks like i'm in for an interesting challenge. One more Pokemon and i'm ready to go (but remember, read my requirements in the quoted post)!

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander take a Sandshrew that evolves after it defeats Whitney's Miltank using Rollout.

Thanks SilverMorty. I'll happily take the Sandshrew, but could you change its restriction as my Hoothoot already has to defeat Whitney's Miltank in order to evolve.

Last edited:
I'm going to reject both of these suggestions, I want really, really hard ones!

VioiV

I Am Zora!
@Rabidepicgoose

Take a magikarp, to evolve it must solo any gym (Trololololol)

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Rabid, take a Jigglypuff and name it TuffPuff. It must learn and never forget Defense Curl, and it must solo Sabrina while having its defenses at their maximum level by using Defense Curl. You can only heal it using regular Potions (no Super Potions, Hyper Potions, etc.).

Last edited:
-Jigglypuff (TuffPuff) It must learn and never forget Defense Curl, and it must solo Sabrina while having its defenses at their maximum level by using Defense Curl. You can only heal it using regular Potions (no Super Potions, Hyper Potions, etc.).

Kalosian

So long
rabidepicgoose, instead of the Doduo, take a Bellsprout. Its final moveset must be Sleep Spore, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore and Wrap. To evolve into Weepinbell, it must solo every single trainer on Route 12, 13, 14 and 15. To evolve into Victreebel, it must solo every trainer on Cinnabar Island (including Blaine) without healing at a Pokemon Center in between (you may heal it with potions though). Nickname it BelleRoese.

Crobat breeder

I want to try a Scramble Challenge on my pokemon crystal. The requirements I have for the challenge are the following:

* No trading.
* Different typing is required.
* Meowth and Marowak must be on the team.
* I don't want to use a starter so a pokemon to catch early in the game would be preferred.
* The team must include pokes that can Surf and Fly.
* You must nickname all the pokemon you give me!

Give me a medium difficult challenge as this is my first one. :)