• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Take a Feraligatr that must know Surf, Ice Punch, Detect and Screech. It can't evolve from Totodile until it has soloed your rival twice, excluding the first time. It can't evolve again until you have soloed Clair, or every single rocket member in the radio tower and the underground tunnel

SilverMorty

rodney take a Hoppip that evolves after it defeats Bugsy's Metapod. Evolve it to Jumpluff after it uses Leech Seed to heal it back from red to full health.

Drummerdude

rodney, take a Qwilfish. It must be used in some fashion against every gym leader you fight after you have obtained it.

rodney

Huge Roserade Fan
Hey guys,

Cheers for those selections so far. Some interesting requirements for evolution but that's part of the challenge and it will be fun to do.

Team:
Feraligatr
Jumpluff
Magmar
Qwilfish
Fearow
_______

Just waiting for that 6th one and also to actually have gold/crystal in my possession next week lol.
Anyway, thanks again guys :)

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Rodney take a Magneton, it must defeat ten other Magnemites before it can evolve.

Blazing Charmander

Hi. I haven't picked up a Pokemon game properly for a good few weeks now and I feel like doing a Scramble Challenge on my much neglected Red cartridge during the Summer period. My only restrictions are:

- No nicknames.
- Make one of my team members a starter Pokemon. EDIT: I like the look of my given team enough to overlook this, but may use my chosen starter if I struggle with Brock using Pikachu and Spearow.
- Diverse team in terms of types, so in other words not too many type overlaps please.

Thanks in advance.

Drowzee - Must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon to evolve. Must know Poison Gas.
Pikachu - w/Quick Attack. Must solo more than half of the Cerulean Gym trainers.
Cloyster - No restrictions.
Spearow - Must defeat five Rocket trainers in Celadon Game Corner before it evolves.
Onix - w/Bind. Must be caught with a Pokeball.
Hitmonchan - w/Thunderpunch, Ice Punch & Fire Punch. Must inflict status with each of these moves before using a Fighting attack.

TEAM COMPLETE. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Blazing Charmander, take a Drowzee. It must defeat one Pokemon in Erikas Gym to evolve. It must know Poison Gas.

HydroSwampert

Blazing Charmander - Take a Pikachu that has to keep Quick Attack from when he/she learns it to when you beat Blaine! Pikachu must solo more than half of the Trainers in Misty's Gym and one of Misty's Pokemon to be able to evolve into Raichu! Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:
As your last Pokemon, enjoy a Hitmochan. It must know all three elemental punches. It cannot use a single fighting move until it has frozen, paralyized, and burnt three different opponents (one for each) with them.

Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander - Take a Pikachu that has to keep Quick Attack from when he/she learns it to when you beat Blaine! Pikachu must solo more than half of the Trainers in Misty's Gym and one of Misty's Pokemon! Have fun and good luck!

Nice one. Quick Attack is usually a standard for the movesets of in-game Pikachu that I raise anyway but I sure look forward to the challenge in Misty's gym! One question though - can it evolve?

Thanks for the team everyone. This looks like it may be one of my most entertaining Scramble Challenges yet, so i'll try and keep you all updated in this thread.

HydroSwampert

Nice one. Quick Attack is usually a standard for the movesets of in-game Pikachu that I raise anyway but I sure look forward to the challenge in Misty's gym! One question though - can it evolve?

Thanks for the team everyone. This looks like it may be one of my most entertaining Scramble Challenges yet, so i'll try and keep you all updated in this thread.

Wow! I feel so stupid for forgetting to put that! Ya! Pikachu can evolve into Raichu once you complete the challenge in Misty's Gym! Time to Edit!

HydroSwampert

Black and White scramble - Take a Eevee that has to solo either five Psychic-Type Pokemon if you want him/her to evolve into Espeon, or five Dark-Type Pokemon if you want him/her to evolve into Umbreon! Either way, Eevee must learn a TM before he/she can evolve! Have fun and good luck!