• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
1st/2nd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline and beating the game seeing the credits) with a team of six Pokemon which are assigned to you by other people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself.

The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

Example Posts:

Some Challenger said:
Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Red play-through. My team is:
- Blastoise, must know Skull Bash
- Raticate, must solo Misty's Gym to evolve

Some guy said:
@ Challenger, take a Hypno. It cannot learn Psychic.

Scramble Challenge Rules:

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
  • You may create your own set of (minor) restrictions concerning gameplay - just be sure to mention those as well. If you have a lot of/and or major restrictions though consider using the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' threads instead.
  • Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
  • Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates are allowed. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon, but if you wish to use a traded Pokemon you may,
  • Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over.
  • Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
  • Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Lillipup that may not evolve at all, etc.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
  • Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
  • Enjoy! It's a game, after all!

Scramble Challenge Rules originally by Monochromatic from a previous thread with minor changes.

Last edited:

agunimon45

Ok, I'm trying this out. I'm playing yellow(my first time), and I would like to request a relatively easy team.(But should not be too easy.) And don't assign pokemons that can evolve by trading(Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp, Golem).

Kalosian

So long
agunimon45, take Bulbasaur. Evolve it into Ivysaur after you have reached Celadon. Evolve it further into Venusaur after it has defeated a wild Dugtrio and Pidgeotto. Nickname it "Charisaur".

agunimon45

ok. thanks. that shouldn't be too hard.

Current team:

Eevee (Evolve by KO Vulpix and Growlithe.) - Flareon
Bulbasaur (Evolve by reaching Celadon.) - Ivysaur (Evolve by KO wild Dugtrio and Pidgeotto.) - Venusaur.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Agunimon45, take a Shellder which can only evolve after you defeat a Pikachu. And it should be known as Licky.

(You'll love this)

Take a Pikachu that has to be able to solo Brock's Geodude...Then once you do that and have a second Pokemon that Pikachu can NEVER be your highest leveled pokemon
(Too Hard?)

If so then Pikachu can never be your highest leveled pokemon...

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Take a Grimer. It must evolve in Blaine's gym.

agunimon45

Current team:

Bulbasaur (Evolve by reaching Celadon.) - Ivysaur (Evolve by KO wild Dugtrio and Pidgeotto.) - Venusaur.
Shellder (Evolve by KO Pikachu. NN" Licky) - Cloyster
Pikachu (Cannot be highest lv. in team)
Grimer (Evolve at Blaine's gym.)

sorry, Electivire Addict, but for farfetchd i'll pass on the guy. sorry.

agunimon45

Final team:

Shellder (Evolve by KO Pikachu. NN" Licky) - Cloyster
Pikachu (Cannot be highest lv. in team)
Grimer (Evolve at Blaine's gym.)
Pidgey (Evolve anytime) - Pidgeotto (Evolve by solo 2 of Erika's pkmn.) - Pidgeot

ok, thanks everyone! I'll post the progress asap, and with pictures, hopefully.

Corbulo

= Hydro Cannon
i will take a challenge on Pokemon Red on rule is that i can't trade.
- a Rhyhorn. Can evolve only after it has soloed or been the only Pokemon used in the catching of a Legendary bird of your choice.
- a Drowzee that evolves after it can defeat 5 Psychic pokemon in the Saffron gym.
-
-
-
-

Last edited:

agunimon45

Corbulo take a Squirtle that can only evolve after you use a rare candy on it, and a Wartotle that can after it defeats rival's ivysaur once. it has to be named "blastoys". :)

Corbulo, take a Koffing. This isn't an ordinary Koffing however: This one has the Skull & Crossbones above its eyes! It isn't happy with this, & therefore, can never learn Poison Type moves. To evolve, it must solo a Route/Dungeon/Gym.

Have fun.