• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
doctajones428
Take Nidoran♂. Nidoran♂ can evolve into Nidorino when it manages to defeat a Nidorina with Poison Sting in his moveset. It will then be able to evolve into Nidoking when it will solo Koga's Venomoth and learning Toxic after. Toxic can now replace Poison Sting and Nidoking must keep Toxic as his only Poison type move.

Blazing Charmander

I'm looking for a new Scramble Challenge on my Blue version now that i've finished my recent one on Crystal. My requirements are as follows:

- One of the Pokemon must be a starter; however, restrictions can still be placed on it.
- No nicknames.
- No Red-exclusive Pokemon. I will only trade if it is necessary for evolving my Pokemon (e.g. Machoke - Machamp, Kadabra - Alakazam).
- As few type overlaps between Pokemon as possible.

Other than these requirements, you're free to hit me with anything that you want. Thanks in advance, and I will list my Pokemon below as they are given to me.

1) Geodude (Must be caught in Mt. Moon before battling any trainers there, and must defeat one of Misty's Pokemon OR solo three trainers on Nugget Bridge to evolve). -> Graveler (Must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon OR solo five Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout to evolve again). -> Golem
2) Meowth (Can evolve only after it has collected 285 PokeDollars using Pay Day) -> Persian
3) Charmander (cannot evolve until 6 badges have been collected and it reaches Level 40) -> Charmeleon (must solo the last two Gyms, rival, Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha, as well as reach Level 65 to evolve) -> Charizard
4) Pidgey (Wing Attack/Fly must be its only Flying-type attack. Must solo 1 or 2 Rock-type Pokemon to evolve) -> Pidgeotto (Must solo at least one trainer in Surge's Gym and either at least one of Surge's Pokemon OR reach Level 40 to evolve into its final stage) -> Pidgeot
5) Shellder (must always have Clamp in its moveset, and can't evolve until it has either learned Ice Beam at Level 50, or Leer at Level 39) -> Cloyster
6) Voltorb (must solo 5 Ground-type Pokemon and outspeed 10 Pokemon while OHKO'ing them to evolve) -> Electrode

Team complete!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Blazing Charmander, take a Geodude. You must catch it inside of Mt. Moon before you battle any trainers there. To evolve into Graveler, it must defeat one of Misty's Pokemon or solo three trainers on Nugget Bridge. To evolve into Golem, it must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon or solo five Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout.

Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander, take a Geodude. You must catch it inside of Mt. Moon before you battle any trainers there. To evolve into Graveler, it must defeat one of Misty's Pokemon or solo three trainers on Nugget Bridge. To evolve into Golem, it must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon or solo five Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout.

Thanks Winter02. I'm looking forward to finding out my other 5 team members, so keep firing them at me guys (remember to read my post for requirements though).

Blazing Charmander

I'm looking for a new Scramble Challenge on my Blue version now that i've finished my recent one on Crystal. My requirements are as follows:

- One of the Pokemon must be a starter; however, restrictions can still be placed on it.
- No nicknames.
- No Red-exclusive Pokemon. I will only trade if it is necessary for evolving my Pokemon (e.g. Machoke - Machamp, Kadabra - Alakazam).

Other than these requirements, you're free to hit me with anything that you want. Thanks in advance, and I will list my Pokemon below as they are given to me.

1) Geodude (Must be caught in Mt. Moon before battling any trainers there, and must defeat one of Misty's Pokemon OR solo three trainers on Nugget Bridge to evolve). -> Graveler (Must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon OR solo five Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout to evolve again). -> Golem
2) Meowth (Can evolve only after it has collected 285 PokeDollars using Pay Day) -> Persian
3) -
4) -
5) -
6) -

4 more to go! Thanks for the team members suggested so far.

Saoryu

How about this Blazing Charmander take a...... Charmander. heres the strings it can only evolve to Charmeleon after level 40 and have 6 badges and to evolve to Charizard it must solo the last 2 gyms, your rival, Lorilei,Bruno and Agatha of the E4 along with being level 65 to evolve.

I would like a challenge on Red. the requirements

-no ubers
-at least one red exclusive
-make it a challenging one between the levels of hard and impossible

Kalosian

So long
Saoryu, take a Mankey. It must solo Sabrina to evolve, but must also evolve at level 28, not later. Its final moveset must be Leer / Focus Energy / Seismic Toss / Metronome.

deh74

Seine Majestät
So I asked for Pokemon for blue a whinge back then forgot about it and I still need 2 more Pokemon, one of which is Starter. So here we go.
Blue scramble challenge
-Horsea must evolve after beating 11 vulpix or 1 ninetales
-Rhyhorn that evolves after soloing Giovanni in sylph co.
-Clefairy that evolves after beating misty
-grimer that must know thunderbolt to evolve.

SilverMorty

deh74 take a Diglett that must be the lead pokemon every time you enter a cave. Evolve it after it defeats a Trainer's Grass type pokemon.

deh74

Seine Majestät
Okay then, this is now my team.
Blue scramble challenge
-Horsea must evolve after beating 11 vulpix or 1 ninetales
-Rhyhorn that evolves after soloing Giovanni in sylph co.
-Clefairy that evolves after beating misty
-grimer that must know thunderbolt to evolve.
- Diglett that must be the lead pokemon
every time you enter a cave. Evolve it after it defeats a
Trainer's Grass type pokemon.

Now all I need is a starter, preferably not Squirtle since Ihave a water type.

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
deh74

Take a Bulbasuar and to evolve it must solo Mt.moon. To evolve into Venasaur it must solo Koga or two of the people in the gym, your choice. Must name it Squirlasaur.
Have fun!

Dark Mephiles

Fryin n Dryin
Since you want a nearly impossible challenge, saoryu take a Eevee. To evolve it must have been burned in battle exactly 5 times and then solo every trainer in the gym of it's evolutions type, including the gym leader, without leaving the gym during the challenge and once evolved it may never learn the most powerful move of it's type. (And yes, I'm fully aware that by the point you get Eevee you've already beaten Misty and Surge).

Blazing Charmander

- No nicknames.

3) Charmander (cannot evolve until 6 badges have been collected and it reaches Level 40) -> Charmeleon (must solo the last two Gyms, rival, Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha, as well as reach Level 65 to evolve) -> Charizard
4) -
5) -
6) -

Three more to go. I've noticed that I don't have a Surfer or Flyer (Charizard can't learn Fly in Pokemon Blue) in my team yet, both of which I like to have in a team to save me from having to use a HM slave. I would appreciate it if I could have Pokemon that could serve these purposes in my remaining slots.

Last edited:

telivisionhead

- No nicknames.

4) -
5) -
6) -

Catch a pidgey. It's only flying type move can be wing attack. When you get the HM fly feel free to replace wing attack with fly. To evolve pidgey it must solo 1 or 2 rock type pokemon. To evolve again it must solo at least 1 trainer in Lt Surge gym and at least 1 of Lt Surge pokemon. If you don't solo one of Lt Surge pokemon with pidgeotto you evolve Pigeotto to pidgeot at level 40 instead of what it usually evolves at.

Blazing Charmander

Catch a pidgey. It's only flying type move can be wing attack. When you get the HM fly feel free to replace wing attack with fly. To evolve pidgey it must solo 1 or 2 rock type pokemon. To evolve again it must solo at least 1 trainer in Lt Surge gym and at least 1 of Lt Surge pokemon. If you don't solo one of Lt Surge pokemon with pidgeotto you evolve Pigeotto to pidgeot at level 40 instead of what it usually evolves at.

Thanks telivisionhead. Sounds like an interesting challenge!

- No nicknames.

4) Pidgey (Wing Attack/Fly must be its only Flying-type attack. Must solo 1 or 2 Rock-type Pokemon to evolve) -> Pidgeotto (Must solo at least one trainer in Surge's Gym and either at least one of Surge's Pokemon OR reach Level 40 to evolve into its final stage) -> Pidgeot
5) -
6) -

Two more left. Would appreciate a Surfer, but otherwise i'm happy with any suggestions as long as the types don't overlap drastically with my existing team members.

0_Betta

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a Scramble Challenge to play on my Pokemon Crystal.

Here are my requirements:
-Must be a Hard level to pass
-No starters allowed
-Nicknames are a must
-No pokemons that can only evolve by trading
-No legendaries either

Thanks in advance =)

EDIT:
@Blazing Charmander I want it to be difficult, that's what's entertaining about it :p Thanks for your contribution
@Winter02 Thanks for your contribution!
@TheSuperZekrom Thank you!
Team:

1- Liberty ( Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree ) - "To evolve from Caterpie it must solo one of the trainers in the Violet Gym and defeat Falkner's Pidgey on its own. To evolve into Butterfree, it must use Harden five times in the Gym Battle against Bugsy before taking out either his Metapod or Kakuna (no switching out, but healing items are permitted)."
2- Pineberry ( Pineco/Forretress ) - "Must be captured in a Lure Ball in Azalea Town before you enter Goldenrod City. Its final moveset must be Selfdestruct / Explosion / Rapid Spin / Double-Edge. Every time it faints in battle from a move that isn't one of its own, it may not be revived or healed until you have beaten the next important trainer in your quest (Gym Leaders, Rival, Team Rocket bosses). To evolve into Forretress, it must solo five trainers in the Olivine Lighthouse and Jasmine without any healing between."
3- Rusty ( Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos ) - "To evolve into Flaafy, it must solo 7 Trainers (Trainer with 1 Pokemon doesn't count). And to evolve into Ampharos, it must solo 5 Gym Leaders without any healing items."
4-
5-
6-

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a Scramble Challenge to play on my Pokemon Crystal.

Here are my requirements:
-Must be a Hard level to pass
-No starters allowed
-Nicknames are a must
-No pokemons that can only evolve by trading
-No legendaries either

Thanks in advance =)

0_Betta, take a Butterfree. To evolve from Caterpie it must solo one of the trainers in the Violet Gym and defeat Falkner's Pidgey on its own. To evolve into Butterfree, it must use Harden five times in the Gym Battle against Bugsy before taking out either his Metapod or Kakuna (no switching out, but healing items are permitted). As for a nickname, how about Liberty?

If this sounds too difficult, feel free to let me know and i'll loosen up some of the requirements. Good luck!

Last edited:

0_Betta

- No nicknames.

5) -
6) -

Catch a Shellder. It must have Clamp in its moveset, always.
It can only evolve after learning Ice Beam ( level 50 ), or if it's too difficult, after learning Leer ( level 39 )

Kalosian

So long
0_Betta, take a Pineco, name it Pineberry. It must be captured in a Lure Ball in Azalea Town before you enter Goldenrod City. Its final moveset must be Selfdestruct / Explosion / Rapid Spin / Double-Edge. Every time it faints in battle from a move that isn't one of its own, it may not be revived or healed until you have beaten the next important trainer in your quest (Gym Leaders, Rival, Team Rocket bosses). To evolve into Forretress, it must solo five trainers in the Olivine Lighthouse and Jasmine without any healing between.