• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st/2nd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
0_betta: take a Mareep. To evolve into Flaafy, it must solo 7 Trainers (Trainer with 1 Pokemon doesn't count). And to evolve into Ampharos, it must solo 5 Gym Leaders without any healing items. Name it Rusty. Good luck.

0_Betta

Thank you all for your contributions!

At the moment, my team is composed of:

1- Liberty ( Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree ) - "To evolve from Caterpie it must solo one of the trainers in the Violet Gym and defeat Falkner's Pidgey on its own. To evolve into Butterfree, it must use Harden five times in the Gym Battle against Bugsy before taking out either his Metapod or Kakuna (no switching out, but healing items are permitted)."
2- Pineberry ( Pineco/Forretress ) - "Must be captured in a Lure Ball in Azalea Town before you enter Goldenrod City. Its final moveset must be Selfdestruct / Explosion / Rapid Spin / Double-Edge. Every time it faints in battle from a move that isn't one of its own, it may not be revived or healed until you have beaten the next important trainer in your quest (Gym Leaders, Rival, Team Rocket bosses). To evolve into Forretress, it must solo five trainers in the Olivine Lighthouse and Jasmine without any healing between."
3- Rusty ( Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos ) - "To evolve into Flaafy, it must solo 7 Trainers (Trainer with 1 Pokemon doesn't count). And to evolve into Ampharos, it must solo 5 Gym Leaders without any healing items."

I'd appreciate if the next Pokemon is able to learn Surf :)

Blazing Charmander

Catch a Shellder. It must have Clamp in its moveset, always.
It can only evolve after learning Ice Beam ( level 50 ), or if it's too difficult, after learning Leer ( level 39 )

Thanks 0_Betta! I'm going for the difficult option.

I'm looking for a new Scramble Challenge on my Blue version now that i've finished my recent one on Crystal. My requirements are as follows:

- One of the Pokemon must be a starter; however, restrictions can still be placed on it.
- No nicknames.
- No Red-exclusive Pokemon. I will only trade if it is necessary for evolving my Pokemon (e.g. Machoke - Machamp, Kadabra - Alakazam).
- As few type overlaps between Pokemon as possible.

Other than these requirements, you're free to hit me with anything that you want. Thanks in advance, and I will list my Pokemon below as they are given to me.

1) Geodude (Must be caught in Mt. Moon before battling any trainers there, and must defeat one of Misty's Pokemon OR solo three trainers on Nugget Bridge to evolve). -> Graveler (Must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon OR solo five Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout to evolve again). -> Golem
2) Meowth (Can evolve only after it has collected 285 PokeDollars using Pay Day) -> Persian
3) Charmander (cannot evolve until 6 badges have been collected and it reaches Level 40) -> Charmeleon (must solo the last two Gyms, rival, Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha, as well as reach Level 65 to evolve) -> Charizard
4) Pidgey (Wing Attack/Fly must be its only Flying-type attack. Must solo 1 or 2 Rock-type Pokemon to evolve) -> Pidgeotto (Must solo at least one trainer in Surge's Gym and either at least one of Surge's Pokemon OR reach Level 40 to evolve into its final stage) -> Pidgeot
5) Shellder (must always have Clamp in its moveset, and can't evolve until it has either learned Ice Beam at Level 50, or Leer at Level 39) -> Cloyster
6) -

One more to go folks. Anything goes as long as you comply with my requirements. Thanks.

0_Betta

At the moment, my team is composed of:

1- Liberty ( Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree ) - "To evolve from Caterpie it must solo one of the trainers in the Violet Gym and defeat Falkner's Pidgey on its own. To evolve into Butterfree, it must use Harden five times in the Gym Battle against Bugsy before taking out either his Metapod or Kakuna (no switching out, but healing items are permitted)."
2- Pineberry ( Pineco/Forretress ) - "Must be captured in a Lure Ball in Azalea Town before you enter Goldenrod City. Its final moveset must be Selfdestruct / Explosion / Rapid Spin / Double-Edge. Every time it faints in battle from a move that isn't one of its own, it may not be revived or healed until you have beaten the next important trainer in your quest (Gym Leaders, Rival, Team Rocket bosses). To evolve into Forretress, it must solo five trainers in the Olivine Lighthouse and Jasmine without any healing between."
3- Rusty ( Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos ) - "To evolve into Flaafy, it must solo 7 Trainers (Trainer with 1 Pokemon doesn't count). And to evolve into Ampharos, it must solo 5 Gym Leaders without any healing items."

Please, I need 3 more suggestions :)

telivisionhead

Blazing charmander take a Voltorb. In order to evolve it must solo 5 ground type pokemon and must outspeed 10 pokemon and 1 hit KO them. (Wild pokemon count)
O_Betta catch a wooper. It must be a male Wooper. Call it Aqua Man.
In order to evolve it must take out the Elder of sprout tower OR 3 grass type pokemon. (Must be a trainer grass pokemon)

Blazing Charmander

Blazing charmander take a Voltorb. In order to evolve it must solo 5 ground type pokemon and must outspeed 10 pokemon and 1 hit KO them. (Wild pokemon count)

Thanks telivisionhead. I've already accepted a Pokemon from you for this challenge, but i'll accept this one too considering how long i've been waiting for my team to be assembled.

I'm looking for a new Scramble Challenge on my Blue version now that i've finished my recent one on Crystal. My requirements are as follows:

- One of the Pokemon must be a starter; however, restrictions can still be placed on it.
- No nicknames.
- No Red-exclusive Pokemon. I will only trade if it is necessary for evolving my Pokemon (e.g. Machoke - Machamp, Kadabra - Alakazam).
- As few type overlaps between Pokemon as possible.

Other than these requirements, you're free to hit me with anything that you want. Thanks in advance, and I will list my Pokemon below as they are given to me.

1) Geodude (Must be caught in Mt. Moon before battling any trainers there, and must defeat one of Misty's Pokemon OR solo three trainers on Nugget Bridge to evolve). -> Graveler (Must defeat one of Erika's Pokemon OR solo five Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout to evolve again). -> Golem
2) Meowth (Can evolve only after it has collected 285 PokeDollars using Pay Day) -> Persian
3) Charmander (cannot evolve until 6 badges have been collected and it reaches Level 40) -> Charmeleon (must solo the last two Gyms, rival, Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha, as well as reach Level 65 to evolve) -> Charizard
4) Pidgey (Wing Attack/Fly must be its only Flying-type attack. Must solo 1 or 2 Rock-type Pokemon to evolve) -> Pidgeotto (Must solo at least one trainer in Surge's Gym and either at least one of Surge's Pokemon OR reach Level 40 to evolve into its final stage) -> Pidgeot
5) Shellder (must always have Clamp in its moveset, and can't evolve until it has either learned Ice Beam at Level 50, or Leer at Level 39) -> Cloyster
6) Voltorb (must solo 5 Ground-type Pokemon and outspeed 10 Pokemon while OHKO'ing them to evolve) -> Electrode

Team complete!

I now have all 6 of my Pokemon, so i'm going to get started as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Last edited:
I'm still going for a yellow playthrough.

Restrictions:
No STAB. Non-damaging moves (Sleep Powder, Screech) and set damage moves (Night Shade, Dragon Rage, Seismic Toss) of the same type are okay.
Nothing too hard (no Psyduck that can evolve only after lvl 89 and its moveset should be: Tail Whip, Amnesia, Scratch and Headbutt)
I can trade. I can even trade via Time Capsule.

Team so far:

Tauros traded via Time Capsule.(Nicknamed Thunduros) It must always be used against my rival's starter. Before transfering must know Fire Blast and double-Team.
Sandshrew. Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. In order to evolve it must solo my rival's Sandshrew at three occasions: Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.

Kalosian

So long
TheUnnumbered, I think I gave you that Sandshrew, but I'll give you another one as well since it seems to take a long time to get a full team in this thread.
Take a Tentacool. It must defeat an Electrode before evolving. Final moveset must be Rest / Barrier / Mega Drain / Blizzard.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
TheUnnumbered, take a male Nidoran. To evolve into Nidorino, it must defeat 3 Grass type and it must solo Blaine without using STAB moves to evolve again. It must have Horn Drill / Fury Attack / Double Kick / Thunderbolt on it's final moveset.

0_Betta

4 - Aqua Man (Male Wooper/Male Quagsire) - "In order to evolve it must take out the Elder of sprout tower OR 3 grass type pokemon. (Must be a trainer grass pokemon)"

Thanks all! 2 left to start my new Pokemon journey :p

And here's my team for Yellow so far.
Restrictions:
No STAB. Non-damaging moves (Sleep Powder, Screech) and set damage moves (Night Shade, Dragon Rage, Seismic Toss) of the same type are okay.
Nothing too hard (no Geodude that can have only one move [Mega Punch], cannot evolve into a Golem and in order to evolve into Graveller it must solo Lance three times)

Team members:

Tauros traded via Time Capsule.(Nicknamed Thunduros) It must always be used against my rival's starter. Before transfering must know Fire Blast and double-Team.
Sandshrew. Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. In order to evolve it must solo my rival's Sandshrew at three occasions: Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.
Tentacool. It must defeat an Electrode before evolving. Final moveset must be Rest / Barrier / Mega Drain / Blizzard.
Nidoran (male). To evolve into Nidorino, it must defeat 3 Grass type and it must solo Blaine without using STAB moves to evolve again. It must have Horn Drill / Fury Attack / Double Kick / Thunderbolt on it's final moveset.

I need two more pokemon to start.

Winter02, yes, it was you who gave me that Sandshrew but I like both of your suggestions
TheSuperZekrom, thanks for Nidoran, but he wouldn't have been able to use STAB on Blaine anyway (since no STAB is the schtick of this playthrough). You may change your suggestion if you want but I like it that way ).

Last edited:
Yellow challenge.

Restrictions:
No STAB. Non-damaging moves (Thunderwave) and set damage moves (Dragon Rage) of the same type are okay.
Nothing too hard (no Gastly that cannot evolve at all and can have only Lick and Rage)

Team members:

Tauros traded via Time Capsule (Nicknamed Thunduros). He must always be used against my rival's starter. Before transfering he must know Fire Blast and double-Team.
Sandshrew (Needs nickname). Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. In order to evolve it must solo my rival's Sandshrew at three occasions: Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.
Tentacool (Nicknamed Broccoli). It must defeat an Electrode before evolving. Final moveset must be Rest / Barrier / Mega Drain / Blizzard.
Male Nidoran (Nicknamed Baragon). To evolve into Nidorino, he must defeat 3 Grass type and he must solo Blaine without any healing (oy vey) to evolve again. He must have Horn Drill / Fury Attack / Double Kick / Thunderbolt on it's final moveset.

2 more members and I'm all set.

telivisionhead

Name sandshrew Sandy.
(If I haven't given you a team meber already, I forgot if I hae anyway) Use an Oddish. Call it SeedS
To evolve it must beat one of Lt Surges Pokemon. To evolve again it must solo a bellosum.

Televisionhead, thank you for your suggestion. If Winter02 doesn't mind, I will call his sandshrew Sandy. I am glad to take an Oddish but Bellossom doesn't exist in Yellow so I ask you to change a restriction (shall I make it solo rival's Exeggute [the battle before Victory Road]?).

Restrictions:
Pokemon Yellow.
No STAB. Non-damaging moves (Thunderwave) and set damage moves (Dragon Rage) of the same type are okay.
Nothing too hard (no Goldeen that can learn only Horn Attack and Peck and must to solo Lt. Surge and Lance to be able to evolve)

Team members:

Tauros traded via Time Capsule (Nicknamed Thunduros). He must always be used against my rival's starter. Before transfering he must know Fire Blast and double-Team.
Sandshrew (nicknamed Sandy). Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. In order to evolve it must solo my rival's Sandshrew at three occasions: Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.
Tentacool (Nicknamed Broccoli). It must defeat an Electrode before evolving. Final moveset must be Rest / Barrier / Mega Drain / Blizzard.
Male Nidoran (Nicknamed Baragon). To evolve into Nidorino, he must defeat 3 Grass type and he must solo Blaine without any healing (oy vey) to evolve again. He must have Horn Drill / Fury Attack / Double Kick / Thunderbolt on it's final moveset.
Oddish (Nicknamed SeedS). To evolve into Gloom it must beat one of Lt Surge's Pokemon (essentially it has to solo Lt. Surge since he has only one pokemon). (needs evolution restriction to evolve into Vileplume)

I need only one more pokemon.

Last edited:

GenerationThird

TheUnnumbered take a Venonat. Before evolving, it must defeat at least one of Sabrina's Pokemon by itself.

GenerationThird, I ask you for something else because I have 3 poison-types already. I would like something weird and funny like Clefairy with Seismic Toss (imagine that little pink thing suplexing an Onix or a Rhydon) or Hitmonchan with Metronome.

0_betta, take an Igglybuff from an Odd Egg (if you don't want to soft reset for Igglybuff then take a Jigglypuff). It's a pro wrestler so it can learn only these moves: Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Body Slam, Rock Smash, Rollout, Defence Curl, Dynamicpunch. If you take an Igglybuff it can never forget Dizzy Punch. Nicknamed it Hitmonpuff. Evolve whenever.

Last edited:

GenerationThird

Somehow I forgot Venonat was part poison. Okay, how about a Caterpie? You can evolve it into Metapod with no restrictions, but it must defeat 8 Pokemon all by itself with no healing items to evolve into Butterfree. Theunnumbered

Here's my team for Pokemon Yellow.
Restrictions:
Nothing too hard.

Team members:

I guess I'll give him Surf and Earthquake too.
Sandshrew (nicknamed Sandy). Its final moveset must be Slash / Poison Sting / Swift / Rock Slide. In order to evolve it must solo my rival's Sandshrew at three occasions: Nugget Bridge, SS. Anne and Lavender Tower.
Oddish (Nicknamed SeedS). To evolve into Gloom it must beat one of Lt Surge's Pokemon (essentially it has to solo Lt. Surge since he has only one pokemon).
No STAB means it can use only Normal attacks. At least it can learn Swords dance.
Caterpie. You can evolve it into Metapod with no restrictions, but it must defeat 8 Pokemon all by itself with no healing items to evolve into Butterfree.
I'll teach it Teleport just for laughs.

I'm not rally fond of Oddish and Caterpie (two status inducers are somewhat redundant) but whatever.
Thank you everyone, I'm all set.

Last edited:

Kiko2558

Hey I'm doing a pokemon red play through, my restrictions are: I must have at least 2 bug type pokemon by the end of the game, and I must be able to use one fossil pokemon, and lastly I want to name my pokemon myself, so thanks!
EDIT:I also request a magikarp, you set every restriction, even if it can't evolve

Last edited: