1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

1st Gen Replay Value

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by FullmetalJackie, Aug 12, 2018 at 8:39 PM.

1. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

As we all know, Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow were the first entries of the Pokemon franchise. They really are the games that started it all. However, it is now 2018. Many games have come since then, each with updated graphics and features.

Do you ever replay Red, Blue, or Yellow these days? Or do you find yourself unable to go back to the games?

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I play the VC Red and Yellow, although since I've caught every single Pokemon in the games, I've gotten bored with them. Gen I's post-game is just lacking in general.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I don’t think it has too much replay value due to the very short postgame. I would only play it for the music or if it’s the VC version, I would catch Pokémon from there and transfer them to Gen 7.

4. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を 今も上っている

If my Yellow cartridge didn't die years ago, I'd have probably replayed it a lot more by now. I've been currently replaying Yellow on the VC even though it's actually my brother's, but he hasn't been playing it, so I basically took over lol. I do still enjoy it, but I've been pick-picking at it because grinding Pokémon is just awful in the first gen. I also made it a little hard on myself for not picking out a Flying-type since I just want to evolve the Dragonair to give Dragonite Fly, but Victory Road's the best place to grind Pokémon during the main game.

So despite its glitchiness and outdated graphics, I think it's a little fun to experience some nostalgia here and there. And also to try and work with some Pokémon you typically wouldn't have touched; for instance, I'm using a Victreebel on the Yellow team because I just didn't want to use Oddish or Bulbasaur. It's serviceable.