• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st OU RMT

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
weavile.png

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Counter

My anti-lead and revenge killer. Destroys suicidal focus sash leads before they can set up Stealth Rock. Fake Out + Ice Shard for Aerodactyl. Fake Out + Pursuit for Azelf. Counter is used when Focus Sash activates.

vaporeon.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Def / 132 SDef
Bold Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- HP Electric
- Wish
- Protect

A great counter to the threats of DPPt. Can take on the likes of Infernape, Heatran and Gyarados with relative ease. Surf for STAB. HP Electric against Gyarados and those that resist Surf. Protect for scouting and Wish to heal in conjunction with Protect or to heal the team. Vaporeon also switches in when the threat of a fire type appears against Metagross.

cresselia.png

Cresselia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SAtk / 56 SDef / 64 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- HP Fighting
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Cresselia is my mixwall. The EVs took a very long time for me to think of but this set ends up with 444 HP / 305 Def / 305 SDef so it is pretty sturdy. Trick to deal with bulky opponents. HP Fighting to use against Weavile and Tyranitar. Charge Beam can be used against Gyarados while Ice Beam is for use against Dragons and for coverage. Ice beam and Charge beam make a pseudo bolt-beam combo.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- HP Fire
- Explosion

My special attacker/revenge killer. With a Timid nature, Choice Scarf and 252 Spd EVs, Magnezone reaches 360 Spd and able to outspeed many of the threats to it such as Infernape. Decided to use HP Fire cause I noticed that I couldn't do much to Scizor except Trick Choice Specs onto it with Cresselia. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon for STAB. Explosion as a last resort move.

dragonite.png

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 8 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Light Screen
- Roost

My physical sweeper. Honestly, this Dragonite is a beast. With Light Screen up, Ice beams from bulky waters are unable to 2KO, perhaps unable to 3KO. Roost for healing damage and ridding some key weaknesses (Ice becomes 2x, Rock becomes 1x). Dragon Dance is the usual and Dragon Claw as the standard STAB attack. With Dragon Dance boosts taken into account, steels will be taking chunks of damage from Dragon Claw, if not being KOed. Dragon Dance also allows Dragonite to Roost before the opponent attacks.

metagross.png

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect

This is my support Metagross. Starts off by setting up Stealth Rock after Weavile switches out. Reflect is then put up to support Metagross and the team. Meteor Mash and Earthquake provide the most coverage for Metagross. If the threat of a fire or ground type move appears I usually switch to Vaporeon. SDef EVs allow Metagross to take hits whilst supporting the team. Atk EVs allow for a high probability of OHKOing Heatran, Infernape and Gengar.

Credit goes to Arkeis for the pictures.

Changes in BOLD

Last edited:

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
Is no-one rating my team because it is too good or because it is too bad?
Please rate

Reno

so adorable...
No one has rated it because no one has been on. This is a forum, not MSN.

Nothing can switch in on CBTar safely, although with Reflect, you should be all right. Heracross as well, as your Fighting resists, Dragonite and Cresselia, hate Stone Edge and Megahorn. Hard physical hitters in generaly hurt you, but a lot are revenged by Magnezone and halted by Reflect.

For a first OU team, it is actually really good. I like the way you have not thrown together 6 standards.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
Thank-you...

Finally, someone rated my team. I was really desperate to find out how it well it would perform.

So yeah, I actually put a lot of thought into making this team and some weaknesses which is why I put support Metagross in. It took really long to think of the EVs on Cresselia though.

Reno

so adorable...
Cresselia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/64 Spd/136 SAtk/56 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Works. It does not give equal defences like you wanted, but it does give a guaranteed 2HKO on max HP Tyranitar. It hits 222 Speed, outspeeding Adamant Tyranitar by one point. Max HP basically gives it a massive walling ability.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
OK

I'll change the EVs of Cresselia to deal with Tyranitar more easily.

Is there anything else I should change, such as on Metagross, cause I think I didn't do the EVs well there.

Reno

so adorable...
Attack EVs are not needed on Metagross. It OHKOs Heatran regardless, Infernape is handled through Cresselia and Vaporeon, and Gengar is OHKOed with Stealth Rock damage.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
What would be a good EV spread then?

I was thinking of 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SDef EVs

That would give 360 HP / 301 Def / 279 SDef

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
OK

I'll change Magnezone's Spd

Now it's on 236 Spd EVs and 236 Spd (354 with Choice Scarf)

What should I do with the remaining 16 EVs?

HP or Attack?

Reno

so adorable...
Neither will be making a difference, to be honest. That is why I do not see why you would not max Speed on Choice Scarf Magnezone, if you are running almost max anyway.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
That was what I was thinking at first cause it was only an extra 5 points so I'll probably just leave it at max to spd tie with other ScarfZones who are running max.

As for Metagross, are the EVs OK, or should I put some in spd to outrun other Metagross who are running the same set.

Reno

so adorable...
Max Leftovers is 212 EVs (354 HP), although max is better.

No Speed puts you below Skarmory, meaning you can Earthquake it after it Roosts.

EDIT: I know that, but there is always the ever present Speed game going on. Besides, Magnezone does not really want to be hit by anything it does not resist, and what it resists won't be damaging enough to make use of the 5 extra HP.

Last edited:

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
So I should put 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Which nets 364 HP / 297 Def / 279 SDef

Which gives it the best resistance to SAtks

EDIT: Changed the EV spread

Last edited:

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
Is there anything else I should change on this team, raters?