• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

1st Team Edited

TDawg

Hey everyone this is my new team i recently made and i would just like to see what everyone thinks and opinions on what move or even pokemon is better for this team:). I am new to this so bare with me.

The Team
;424;Ambipom @ Focus Sash/Band (Baton Passer)
Jolly
252 HP; 252 Spe
Ability; Technician
-Agility/Fake Out
-Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Double Hit

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVS: 252Hp 252Def 4Spe
Nature: Impish
-Sub
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

My lead. Agility followed by nasty plot and then I Baton Pass to Gengar who will sweep for me. Double hit works with technician just incase I ever need to attack. Also If Gengar goes down I can try to agility Baton pass to Feraligatr who will Phys. sweep a team. EDIT: Maybe changing to Ninjask to set up a Physical sweep:D \/Copex10 explains well down there:D

;094;Gengar @ Life Orb (Sp. Sweeper)
Timid/Modest
252 SpA; 252 Spe
Ability; Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball
-Substitute

This Gengar has shadow ball is a stab move and focus blast faints any dark types. Substitue will protect me while Energy will take care of any bulky water types

;160;Feraligatr @ Life Orb (P. Sweeper)
Adamant
252 Att; 252 Spe
Ability; Torrent
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance
-EQ
-Aqua Tail

When things fail with Gengar (if they do) I go with the Dancing Gator:D Ice Punch and EQ cover its weakness but Ice Punch will also destroy any OU Salamence or Garchomp:D Aqua Tail with its Stab and plus torrent to boost it even more in a pinch!:D with Ninjask boosting his att he is a beast:D

;598;Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet (Wall)
Relaxed
252 HP; 48 Def; 208 SpD
Ability; Iron Barbs
Thunder Wave
Leech Seed
SR
Power Whip

Ferrothorn is an absolute steel wall!:D But I really am using him as a set-up for Donphan. Thunder wave and leech seeding plus Stealth Rocks Will be plenty annoying and Power Whip as a powerful STAB.

;232;Donphan @ Leftovers (Tank)
Impish
252 Hp; 252 Def; 6 att
Ability; Sturdy
-Fire Fang
-EQ
-Rapid Spin
-Roar

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
ability: Liquid Ooze
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
nature: Bold
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Now that Ferrothorn Set-up Donphan is ready to tank!Fire Fang covers 2 of his weaknesses. Roar is to get rid of something that seems threatening to Donphan and Rapid Spin rids of any SR or LS or any thing of that nature:D then EQ as his STAB. If I do switch to Tentacruel he helps out umbreon a lot with TS and rapid spin covers what donphan was doing:). Surf as STAB Ice Beam for dragon that wall me:) Copex10 down there once again explains well:D

;197;Umbreon @ Wise Glasses (Wall/Annoyer)
252 HP; 164 Def; 96 SpD
Ability; Synchronize
Protect
Payback
Toxic
Wish

My last resort to be honest. By the end of the fight by now they should be weakened at least. Toxic then protecting for a free stall. Payback just for attack plus its a STAB and it can do some damage if they try to attack. Then wish plus protect combo to get free heal turn with the added bonus of a toxic:D

Bolds=Edits:p

Last edited:

asterat

Banned
Ice shard on donphan

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Get a Sheer Force Feraligatr Damnit!! XD

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Might want to consider throwing Fake Out onto Ampipom over agility. Gengar is fast enough to outspeed most unscarfed pokemon with a Timid nature, and Fake Out gets boosted up to 90 power with STAB and technician. Also, fake out will break the Focus Sashes, which are very common on leads (Infernape, Froslass, Smeargle, etc). Just a suggestion, but you could also replace double hit with it if you want to keep agility, just keep in mind that will turn him into some bad taunt-bait.
As I say on all my suggestions, I'm rather new to competitive battling and by no means an expert, but I think I can still help.
Also, as your description says nothing about it (I'm not sure if you are aware that Wish mechanics have been slightly changed since Gen IV), you can now pass Wish without using baton pass. As none of your pokemon have recovery besides Leftover, passing wishes to them could greatly increase your teams effectiveness.

Thanks for listening, if there is anything glaringly wrong with anything I've said, I would appreciate a more experienced raters corrections. (Trying to learn!)

Last edited:

TDawg

Might want to consider throwing Fake Out onto Ampipom over agility. Gengar is fast enough to outspeed most unscarfed pokemon with a Timid nature, and Fake Out gets boosted up to 90 power with STAB and technician. Also, fake out will break the Focus Sashes, which are very common on leads (Infernape, Froslass, Smeargle, etc). Just a suggestion, but you could also replace double hit with it if you want to keep agility, just keep in mind that will turn him into some bad taunt-bait.
As I say on all my suggestions, I'm rather new to competitive battling and by no means an expert, but I think I can still help.
Also, as your description says nothing about it (I'm not sure if you are aware that Wish mechanics have been slightly changed since Gen IV), you can now pass Wish without using baton pass. As none of your pokemon have recovery besides Leftover, passing wishes to them could greatly increase your teams effectiveness.

Thanks for listening, if there is anything glaringly wrong with anything I've said, I would appreciate a more experienced raters corrections. (Trying to learn!)

Very valid point. I actually will change that :D thanks for the comment!

Copex10

Ok well looking at the team from the outside if Reuniclus is on opposing team he is the first thing you want dead seeing as after 1 trick room he will tear through most of your pokes. But on to fixing the sets.

1: Ambipom.... I personally see nothing wrong with the moveset but you definately want to go with sash over band since band is a luck item and most people dislike that and if playing on wifi i can easily see someone d/cing over it but if you dont mind being flamed, hated etc. go with band though it is definately not recommended.

2: Gengar.... This set is just all messed up there is no way for you to be able to get the full effect of pain split+sub with choice specs take it of go with this set

Gengar @ Black Sludge/Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
EVS: 252SpAtk 252Spe 4hp
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball/Tbolt/Psychic (your choice imo Energy Ball would be the best for bulky waters, and to OHKO Quag/Pert)
-Substitute

This will allow you to be more versatile after you get the BP off. But if you don't this allow you to still do great damage to any team not prepared for it.

3: Feraligatr.... Personally i see nothing wrong with this set thought i would change Aqua Tail to Waterfall, personal preference because misses can cost games and i doubt the slight drop in base damage will make that big of a difference. Also i would switch the EVS around a bit to be like
252Hp 152Atk 100Def 52Spe/Spdef. I recommended these because you are running DD and not SD meaning you want more bulk and less speed and you also have the potential to get a BP'd Agil from Ambipom

4: Ferrothorn.... Definately nothing wrong with this set. Only change if you find something better to fit into your team.

5: Donphan.... I recommend putting Ice Shard over fire fang giving you priority and also making it easier to take out dragons you wall pretty effectively.. usually a 2hko on most possibly a 3hko depending on set and if they're carrying yache.

6: Umbreon.... Pretty sure theres nothing wrong with this set besides not having leftovers on it as the item.

All in all its a decent team fighting types run through it as well as reuniclus under TR. There are a few changes that could possibly help this team a lot.

Instead of using Ambipom as your Baton Passer maybe try ninjask @ this set

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVS: 252Hp 252Def 4Spe
Nature: Impish
-Sub
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Those EVS will allow 5 subs and they each will take 81 points of damage with the extra def you can take a resisted hit and the sub should stay up if the opponent didnt have any boosted stats. You should usually protect on the first turn to scout and ensure you dont take any damage for unnecessary reasons.

My Last suggestion is to change Donphan to Tenta that way you have some fighting resist besides Ninjask (no help) and the immunity from Gengar. The set i would use

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
ability: Liquid Ooze
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
nature: Bold
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf / Scald
-Hex / Hidden Power Fire / Ice Beam

Toxic spikes will help with the stall thing u got going with Umbreon making it easier to spread toxic and saving Umbreon the turn it would normally have to take a hit. You still get the rapid spin and the coverage of hit steels/rock for super effective damage and from the weaker side of their defensives (usually) Ice bream is preferred in the last slot but Hex can be used to deal with Jelli if you have gotten your Toxic spikes up yet.

Well these are just my recommendations for the team, hope you use them. Good luck with the team and any future team building you plan on doing.

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Seconding Copex10s Gengar set, yours is terribad, I didn't notice the choice specs.
You can keep the Sub/Split combo, but I'd recommend holding Black Sludge, or maybe something else that I'll edit in later.

TDawg

Thanks guys. yeah they Gengar I actual forgot to remove that item with a different moveset i was going to run with him:p but thanks for that heads up!

And thanks for the ninjask suggestion because I was really unsure if I should have you used ambipom:/ I actually like that ninjask a lot now that I think about :D He sets up Feraligatr and even Ferrothorn and Donphan (if I keep him) well. My only problem is that with no attacks he would be stuck from taunt:( and can't help Gengar at all (but shouldn't be that much a hassle:p)

Also I will try Tentacrual because it does look good and I see your point with my problem with fighting types as a Terrakion or Mienshao will run through me quickly.