• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

2 out of 3

*~*Supernoob*~*

<- look no hands
Hi

Im about to get a nintendo ds lite but i can only afford to get 2 games :( and i've got my eye on three. Mario kart ds, animal crossing wild world, metriod prime hunters.

which two should i get and why?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Animal Crossing and Metroid were 2 franchises I never played before. Then I bought both their DS Games and now I'm hooked! They're awesome! I hav all three and I like Mario Kart DS the least. It's good but it's just not as good as the others.
That's just my opinion.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Mario Kart DS won't last you long on your own playtime, neither will Metroid. But the WiFi is really great for both games.

Animal Crossing: WW is fun as well - both online and offline - you'll never run out of things to do it seems.

~Scott;229;

Ho-oh Seeker

Ho-oh is the portal
You should get Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing:WW.

Mario Kart DS boasts a great multiplayer/Wi-Fi gameplay mode and IMO is the best racing game on the Nintendo DS. Metroid: Prime Hunters on the other hand is a great shooter and also has a great multiplayer/Wi-Fi, but lacks the adventurous feel of the other Metroid games.

Animal Crossing: Wild World is a great virtual-life game where there's a huge amount of stuff to do that will keep you playing everyday for at least a month, until finally you get bored of it and it's time to get another game.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Animal Crossing: Wild World is a must. Had it since launch and still playing every day.

As for the other two, depends on your taste. Personally, I'm not a Metroid fan, and I haven't even popped Mario Kart back into my DS since two weeks after it first came out. From what I hear, though, Metroid Wi-Fi is infinitely better. (For the record, MKDS's Wi-Fi is garbage.)

*~*Supernoob*~*

<- look no hands
well everone seems to like animal crossing and theres mixed oppinion on the other two.

btw im also intresting in tetris ds as it also has wifi

can anyone tell be if tetris is better than mkds and mph.

Ho-oh Seeker

Ho-oh is the portal
Tetris DS is an OK game to play if there's nothing else to do. The multiplayer\Wi-Fi is really fun, with a maximum of 10 players! Other than that, it gets boring...fast.

I must agree with most comments thus far in. All three are great games to have, and all three CAN last for quite some time. Definately WW as one of the two, don't know much about Tetris, is was thinking of getting it but didn't.

~fuzzy out~

Zora

perpetually tired
MPH and ACWW are the best. MKDS never was intended to hae Wi-Fi (English version) but was slapped on (poorly for that matter) at the very last minute in the English version.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You mean the Japanese version was supposed to be different?

Tendo128

R.I.P. Ridley
MKDS is the best offline (at any rate, MPH is a full-fledged FPS, so don't even bother comparing it to the rest of the Metroid series), but MPH has far better Wi-Fi. It pretty much just comes down to that.

Oh, and Tetris DS is painfully underrated. There isn't a whole lot of content, but the replay value is amazing; it's the game I pop in whenever I'm bored with nothing else to do.

Zora

perpetually tired
S.Suikun said:
You mean the Japanese version was supposed to be different?

In Wi-Fi to my knowledge. It took like a day to translate it probably (wow, so much to do...). They had to spend that other 29 or so days on something. ACWW and MKDS were part of Nintendo's new ideal to switch games. Big titles sometimes come out first in America, then later and Japan, or vica-verse.

Sk@rmory288

Put User Title Here
MKDS - It's a good racing game for the DS. Probably the only good one there.

MPH - A 1st person shooter for the DS with online play about Samus! What more can you ask for?

-The Skarm

Mario Kart DS: Easy to clock and has fun stages including classics from all the Mario Karts. Play WiFi with people around the world and complete the newly assed missions. Paint your own logo which appears on the car and the people you vs will see it.

Animal Crossing Wild World:
Really fun and new things happen everyday so you will never get bored. You can visit friends towns with WiFi and the game is non stop entertainment. For example, every Saturday in August at 7pm is a fireworks show in your town, how cool!

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I have Tetris as well - I honestly can say that I havent played it in months really. It's an okay game, probably not as fun as the other 3 Nintendo WiFi games...

~Scott;229;

Chris

Old Coot
Allow me to also point out that if you're not used to play FPS games, you'll have some adjusting to do with MPH. The control scheme can get abit wonky at times, especially when you have to use rather quick reflexes. Especially during Wi-Fi.

Did I also mention there's a good number of people cheating online on MPH?